Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So called comedians who are just not funny 16:38 - Dec 12 with 32343 viewsSmithy

Russell Brand
Phil Jupitus

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 19:56 - Dec 12 with 5837 viewsJohnny_Boy

Miranda Hart

Where do I collect my £5?
So called comedians who are just not funny on 20:19 - Dec 12 with 5815 viewsfactual_blue

So called comedians who are just not funny on 18:52 - Dec 12 by The_Romford_Blue

Miranda Hart and Sarah Milican

The casting of Miranda's TV show is excellent.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So called comedians who are just not funny on 22:13 - Dec 12 with 5761 viewsitfchorry

So called comedians who are just not funny on 17:49 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

brendan o'carroll.

Mick McCarthy
So called comedians who are just not funny on 22:17 - Dec 12 with 5753 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Noel Fielding hasn't been mentioned yet.

Poll: Best Football Song

So called comedians who are just not funny on 22:21 - Dec 12 with 5741 viewsStNeotsBlue

That Mel and Sue who used to do the Bake Off. Smug and irritating.
So called comedians who are just not funny on 22:47 - Dec 12 with 5712 viewsFootballpete

Jack Whitehall, awful.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 23:19 - Dec 12 with 5687 viewsmarchy

Katherine Ryan.
So called comedians who are just not funny on 00:50 - Dec 13 with 5651 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Susan Bloody Calman

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Login to get fewer ads

So called comedians who are just not funny on 01:37 - Dec 13 with 5634 viewsBrixtonBlue

There's two problems with these kinds of threads.

1. When people say a comedian isn't funny, is stealing a living etc., what they actually mean is THEY don't find them funny. Plenty of other people do, or else they wouldn't be professional comedians.

2. People judging a comedian they don't like presumably saw a bit of them and decided they didn't like them. Maybe it was just that bit that didn't work for you. It's very unlikely you'd sit through the whole body of a comedian's work before making your judgement. Why would you carry on if you didn't like the first bit? Do you decide how good a band is by judging them on one song?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 01:42 - Dec 13 with 5627 viewsjeera

So called comedians who are just not funny on 01:37 - Dec 13 by BrixtonBlue

1. When people say a comedian isn't funny, is stealing a living etc., what they actually mean is THEY don't find them funny. Plenty of other people do, or else they wouldn't be professional comedians.

2. People judging a comedian they don't like presumably saw a bit of them and decided they didn't like them. Maybe it was just that bit that didn't work for you. It's very unlikely you'd sit through the whole body of a comedian's work before making your judgement. Why would you carry on if you didn't like the first bit? Do you decide how good a band is by judging them on one song?

The concept was there, but the delivery a bit naff.

6/10.

Not your best.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 07:44 - Dec 13 with 5583 viewsBrixtonBlue

So called comedians who are just not funny on 01:42 - Dec 13 by jeera

The concept was there, but the delivery a bit naff.

6/10.

Not your best.

eh? What concept?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 08:20 - Dec 13 with 5560 viewsitfcjoe

Richard Herring, I used to like some of his podcasts but his live show is terrible and dull

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 08:23 - Dec 13 with 5558 viewsLord_Lucan

Hoppy

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So called comedians who are just not funny on 08:52 - Dec 13 with 5535 viewsJohnWarksTash

So called comedians who are just not funny on 08:20 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Richard Herring, I used to like some of his podcasts but his live show is terrible and dull

:(

AIOTM (aiotm)
So called comedians who are just not funny on 09:11 - Dec 13 with 5513 viewsitfcjoe

So called comedians who are just not funny on 08:52 - Dec 13 by JohnWarksTash

:(

AIOTM (aiotm)

yeah that used to be decent, as did RHLSTP - but from his stand up you can see why he has been left behind by his peers

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 09:11 - Dec 13 with 5512 viewskeighleyblue

wow, the list is endless

Dave Gorman.
Chris Ramsey (young Geordie bloke who's always on Celebrity Juice).
Josh Widdecombe.
Russell Howard.
Noel Fielding.

James Corden and Michael McIntyre are in a league of their own though cos they have the arrogance to genuinely believe they are the funniest people on the planet. God I loathe them. Some douchebag was watching McIntyre's show on iplayer on the tube last night, I wanted to punch him.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2017 9:13]
So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:23 - Dec 13 with 5481 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Russell Kane hasn't been mentioned yet.. I'd also throw in Jason Byrne.. Both of which would ruin any line up.
So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:30 - Dec 13 with 5471 viewsgiant_stow

That Bloke from the IT crowd - tosser that speaks like a baby and expects it to be funny.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:43 - Dec 13 with 5454 viewsSwansea_Blue

So called comedians who are just not funny on 20:19 - Dec 12 by factual_blue

The casting of Miranda's TV show is excellent.

Except for Miranda Hart of course

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:45 - Dec 13 with 5449 viewsbrazil1982

Patrick Kielty. End of discussion.
So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:46 - Dec 13 with 5447 viewsSwansea_Blue

So called comedians who are just not funny on 01:37 - Dec 13 by BrixtonBlue

"These kinds of threads"? That's pretty much the case for every thread on here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:50 - Dec 13 with 5435 viewsbenno1uk

So called comedians who are just not funny on 16:53 - Dec 12 by SouthBucksBlue

I fear I'm on my own with this one but Ricky Gervais. Never got him and just don't find him funny although I never watched The Office.

Steve Coogan isn't funny, although I've never watched Alan Partridge
So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:52 - Dec 13 with 5428 viewsKieran_Knows

So called comedians who are just not funny on 19:22 - Dec 12 by Johnhoz

I don't like that little bald bloke off of mock the week. Lee Mack too.

Andy Parsons? Agree with you there.

Miranda Hart, Sarah McMillan & Russel Howard to just name a few, awful.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So called comedians who are just not funny on 10:57 - Dec 13 with 5419 viewsuncle

So called comedians who are just not funny on 09:11 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

yeah that used to be decent, as did RHLSTP - but from his stand up you can see why he has been left behind by his peers

RHLSTP! is still good, in a hit and miss kind of way, but I think his Me1 vs Me 2 is/was best stuff.

He strikes me as a funny bloke, but not a brilliant comedian.
So called comedians who are just not funny on 11:02 - Dec 13 with 5408 viewsuncle

Is it Lee Evans who pulls a weird face and sweats a lot?

He send me to sleep.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024