Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players jumping ship already then 12:58 - Apr 23 with 12013 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Players jumping ship already then on 16:14 - Apr 23 with 3913 viewsdirtyboy

Credit where it is due, 10 years at a club, up and down, top bloke, top player.

Dare I say, one of the few players i'd ever be happy to see swap a yellow jersey for a blue one.

Maddison on the other hand....in the current market...£20m plus i'd guess.
Players jumping ship already then on 16:32 - Apr 23 with 3883 viewsbracknell_blue

Players jumping ship already then on 14:40 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Excellent. Trouble is there seems to be some big clubs in the mix for Maddison. Could see him going for £15m.

And if he were playing here we'd let him go for 5p and a packet of crisps.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Players jumping ship already then on 20:32 - Apr 23 with 3702 viewstextbackup

Players jumping ship already then on 15:09 - Apr 23 by No9

Yep , made Town's midfield look pedestrian more than once

its not taken a quality player like him to manage that tho

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Of course the other way to look at it..... on 20:37 - Apr 23 with 3700 viewsRocky

Of course the other way to look at it..... on 15:06 - Apr 23 by Steve_M

Given how much he likes falling over he would fit in well at Bournemouth.

Harsh
Players jumping ship already then on 20:39 - Apr 23 with 3698 viewsVic

My Nodge Season Ticket holding friend reckons that Gunn, Reed, Maddison, Klode, Pinto, Lietner, Murphy, Oliveira, Martin, Naismith and Jarvis will all go this summer. He’s expecting a tough season next year, and won’t be rule out the possibility of relegation, which is quite something for the normally oh so cocky canaries.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Players jumping ship already then on 20:41 - Apr 23 with 3692 viewsLeoMuff

Players jumping ship already then on 14:44 - Apr 23 by giant_stow

15?! double it or no deal.

You jest, looked bang average against us, I would argue he is not a huge upgrade from Tom Lawrence who went for £7m.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 20:46]

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Players jumping ship already then on 20:45 - Apr 23 with 3688 viewsRocky

Players jumping ship already then on 14:46 - Apr 23 by TractorJack

Imagine what might have been had we bought him in Jan 08 instead of Norris and Shumi.

Huge error. Magic was interested in him at Blackpool, but turned towards players who were hugely inferior. We would have had a few good seasons with him, possibly even a promotion.
Players jumping ship already then on 20:58 - Apr 23 with 3665 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Players jumping ship already then on 14:44 - Apr 23 by giant_stow

15?! double it or no deal.

Not a luxury you have when you are desperate for the money and can't afford his wages.

Could get some good add-ons possibly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Players jumping ship already then on 21:46 - Apr 23 with 3625 viewsbackwaywhen

Players jumping ship already then on 14:32 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Good. Now sell Maddison and don't reinvest the funds.

They have sold him already ....Spurs ...watch this space !
Players jumping ship already then on 22:04 - Apr 23 with 3598 viewsHennikerBlu

Good player and one can only wish him well. Enjoyed watching him for Ireland too.

You have to wonder why they did not get in the mix this season, lacked a striker, but still have a decent squad. I think they really have messed up on the management appointment and changes. Interestingly, they have had seven managers since 2012. Perhaps they were a bit too quick to part with Chris Hughton's services. Can't see next season improving much for them with the payroll off-loading.
Players jumping ship already then on 22:12 - Apr 23 with 3567 viewsitfc1981

Players jumping ship already then on 14:39 - Apr 23 by PhilTWTD

They have to find some money to cover what's almost certain to be a shortfall in terms of turnover to wages. They haven't got an owner who is able to cover that in the manner of us or other clubs in the division. The fee will be reinvested in the squad, but wholly or largely, it has to be assumed, in terms of wages rather than fees.

what goes around comes around

Poll: Should Mick stick with Chambers at RB?

Players jumping ship already then on 08:32 - Apr 24 with 3417 viewsFreddy

Players jumping ship already then on 20:58 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not a luxury you have when you are desperate for the money and can't afford his wages.

Wes is 36 this year, doubt if decision to let him go was wage related, always admired him when seen him play.
Players jumping ship already then on 09:48 - Apr 24 with 3362 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Players jumping ship already then on 20:58 - Apr 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

The counter point is that there are plenty of top clubs who are very much interested in him. Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester being those reportedly most interested, plus Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea & even Man City etc. have all been linked

As much as it pains me to say it, he is probably the 2nd best prospect outside of the Prem (Other than Sessegnon) and will be in demand all summer, likely to be subject of some sort of bidding war. (Liverpool & Spurs are already rumored to be negotiating fees)
Players jumping ship already then on 09:55 - Apr 24 with 3353 viewsTractorJack

Players jumping ship already then on 20:41 - Apr 23 by LeoMuff

You jest, looked bang average against us, I would argue he is not a huge upgrade from Tom Lawrence who went for £7m.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 20:46]

Bang average including scoring the winner in the home game? He looks a lot better than Lawrence from what I've seen.
Players jumping ship already then on 09:57 - Apr 24 with 3345 viewsNo9

Players jumping ship already then on 20:39 - Apr 23 by Vic

My Nodge Season Ticket holding friend reckons that Gunn, Reed, Maddison, Klode, Pinto, Lietner, Murphy, Oliveira, Martin, Naismith and Jarvis will all go this summer. He’s expecting a tough season next year, and won’t be rule out the possibility of relegation, which is quite something for the normally oh so cocky canaries.

Gunn, is on loan so that's a given. Of the others some, such as Naismith haven't made an impression so offloading the wage will help not hinder.
At least they have some saleable assets - pity Town don't
Players jumping ship already then on 09:58 - Apr 24 with 3345 viewsITFCBlues

Once referred to them as a “Sh!thouse club”

Now a club legend and one of their “Best ever” along with Huckerby - what a history that club have...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Players jumping ship already then on 09:59 - Apr 24 with 3344 viewsconnorscontract

Players jumping ship already then on 14:46 - Apr 23 by TractorJack

Imagine what might have been had we bought him in Jan 08 instead of Norris and Shumi.

We wanted Halmosi and Norris from Plymouth. Imagine if we had bought Halmosi instead of Norris and Hoolahan instead of the Macedonian "odds-on favourite to be next Town Manager on certain betting sites".
Players jumping ship already then on 11:57 - Apr 24 with 3282 viewsitfcjoe

Players jumping ship already then on 09:48 - Apr 24 by King_of_Portman_Rd

The counter point is that there are plenty of top clubs who are very much interested in him. Spurs, Liverpool and Leicester being those reportedly most interested, plus Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea & even Man City etc. have all been linked

As much as it pains me to say it, he is probably the 2nd best prospect outside of the Prem (Other than Sessegnon) and will be in demand all summer, likely to be subject of some sort of bidding war. (Liverpool & Spurs are already rumored to be negotiating fees)

Yeah, he's clearly going to go for a serious amount of money in the summer- my guess would be £18m.

Young, English and very good - and with production to match, a PL player in waiting.

I presume Coventry have some sort of sell on too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players jumping ship already then on 12:00 - Apr 24 with 3270 viewstextbackup

Players jumping ship already then on 11:57 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Yeah, he's clearly going to go for a serious amount of money in the summer- my guess would be £18m.

Young, English and very good - and with production to match, a PL player in waiting.

I presume Coventry have some sort of sell on too

IF he stays with them, and IF mogga is our manager next year hopefully Venus will get a few mins to come on for a freekick

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Players jumping ship already then on 12:13 - Apr 24 with 3250 viewsmarcus1642

Players jumping ship already then on 14:53 - Apr 23 by Bluebell

Doesn’t Delia put any of her money in? How many million £s is she worth?

She doesn’t have any children to leave all her dosh to either.

Delia is quite wealthy in the same way the Cobbolds were, but Evans is positively rich.

Delia certainly invested a 2-3 million in City in the form of a loan fairly early on in her acquisition of City but is being paid back.
Players jumping ship already then on 12:22 - Apr 24 with 3225 viewsjaykay

Players jumping ship already then on 15:09 - Apr 23 by No9

Yep , made Town's midfield look pedestrian more than once

when you say " made our midfield look pedestrian more than once" , it sounds that our midfield was normally very mobile .

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Players jumping ship already then on 13:26 - Apr 24 with 3158 viewsFreddy

Players jumping ship already then on 20:39 - Apr 23 by Vic

I've got a Norwich st work mate too he says Gunn & Reed are loan players so will go back, Olivera, Naismith, Martin, Jarvis they are hoping to offload,

He doesn't think Pinto, Murphy, Klose will be going anywhere as all settled there, Lietner is expected to stay and replace Maddison.

He's a bit more positive than your mate as he thinks if they get a couple of decent strikers in, they should finish top 10.
Players jumping ship already then on 13:28 - Apr 24 with 3155 viewsBecclesITFC

I agree. I think he is terrific. Pretty much everything Norwich create goes through him. I don't rate much else they actually own. Murphy is a confidence player. Bit like Danny Haynes was. Norwich will struggle next year and Murphy won't cope. He only plays well when Norwich play very well.

It's a big big summer for them. They may get it right but it could go horribly wrong. I don't subscribe to this German outfit so let's hope it another horrendous season. WHEN Maddison does go there really isn't anything between Us and them apart from we are financially secure.
Players jumping ship already then on 14:33 - Apr 24 with 3071 viewsArnieM

Players jumping ship already then on 13:28 - Apr 24 by BecclesITFC

I agree. I think he is terrific. Pretty much everything Norwich create goes through him. I don't rate much else they actually own. Murphy is a confidence player. Bit like Danny Haynes was. Norwich will struggle next year and Murphy won't cope. He only plays well when Norwich play very well.

It's a big big summer for them. They may get it right but it could go horribly wrong. I don't subscribe to this German outfit so let's hope it another horrendous season. WHEN Maddison does go there really isn't anything between Us and them apart from we are financially secure.

If Town had had their full squad available we would have collected 6 points off them this season. We should have had 4 points off them last season, but they keep getting lucky frankly,

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Players jumping ship already then on 16:08 - Apr 24 with 3017 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

£15m though would by my reckoning make him the most expensive English player ever that hasn’t yet played in the PL (if that makes sense!). I think it’s probable that he will become that (unless Fulham don’t go up and Sessegnon is sold), but difficult to believe that it will be for much more than that - even in today’s climate PL clubs have still been able to get younger, unproven Championship players for a bit of a discount on what they would pay for a PL equivalent

My bet is around £14m mark with add-ons up to around £18m - but Coventry will also be getting a cut of that I assume

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024