Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this 23:04 - Oct 2 with 4225 viewstextbackup

I wanted rid of a boring safe pair of hands, 15th place finishes had me to the point of not wanting to be in the ground, I wanted a change and I knew it would be tough. But I didn’t realise quite how tough it would be.

We look absolutely bloody clueless. Nolan is fcking sht. Knudsen thick. Chambers honestly looks empty/lost.

We have a keeper on the bench on a new contract (guessing 10-15k a week) that the manager doesn’t fancy

The young lads all on loan.

I don’t understand what the fck is going on.

I’m not going to call for his head because I wanted this change, I’m not going to pussy about and prentend anything. But Hurst is struggling so so bad.

It is a total mess.

However, league 1 and going down doesn’t bother me. As stupid as that sounds. We aren’t ever going to be a premier league team ever again, so my only hope is if we do go down we can have a laugh in league 1, maybe even a playoff final or something. We aren’t a big club, we were decent when the TV was black and white. This is what we are now

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:06 - Oct 2 with 3361 viewsportmanking

No, you were right to call for change. It's just unfortunate that we made the wrong decision with Hurst.
on 23:07 - Oct 2 with 3353 views_

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:08 - Oct 2 with 3323 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Credit to you, but in reality it was definitely time for Mick to move on, although some of the vitriol from you and others was OTT. Unfortunately, it’s fast looking like Hurst is not the man for the job

Also for the record - we never once finished 15th under Mick!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:08 - Oct 2 with 3321 viewsLankHenners

Scrapping tedious 0-0s away at Rochdale isn't going to be as much of a laugh as you think it is.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:08 - Oct 2 with 3328 viewsSomethingBlue

Fine re your first few pars but on the last one — I think people who think relegation would be a jolly-up would have a very rude awakening indeed. Can't let that line of thought get too much traction. It's very dangerous.

And we were decent as recently (!) as 17 years ago. Don't know about you but in north Ipswich we had colour TVs back then. We can be decent again. So let's not sit back and accept going down. It would probably set us back many years even if football stayed in its current form. This needs fighting as strongly as possible, whatever it takes.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 23:12]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:10 - Oct 2 with 3295 viewsJakeITFC

Mate, the change was needed.

That doesn’t mean we should just blindly follow what comes after it.

Relegation is not the answer to any possible question right now.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 23:11]
You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:12 - Oct 2 with 3249 viewstextbackup

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:08 - Oct 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Credit to you, but in reality it was definitely time for Mick to move on, although some of the vitriol from you and others was OTT. Unfortunately, it’s fast looking like Hurst is not the man for the job

Also for the record - we never once finished 15th under Mick!

I will add mine was never in the ground, only ever online discussions. I kept some sort control lol

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:14 - Oct 2 with 3214 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Change was right no doubt. People didn’t want to go anymore, me included, but I don’t think we have made a step forward in any way shape or form.

Evans isn’t a football man, he isn’t interested, he’ll pop his head in now and again. And puppet Milne says things are bad after about 15 games winless he might say get the next useless manager in.

PH shouldn’t have been allowed to spend all that money on L1/2 players in order to replace high end championship quality.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:14 - Oct 2 with 3215 viewstextbackup

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:08 - Oct 2 by SomethingBlue

Fine re your first few pars but on the last one — I think people who think relegation would be a jolly-up would have a very rude awakening indeed. Can't let that line of thought get too much traction. It's very dangerous.

And we were decent as recently (!) as 17 years ago. Don't know about you but in north Ipswich we had colour TVs back then. We can be decent again. So let's not sit back and accept going down. It would probably set us back many years even if football stayed in its current form. This needs fighting as strongly as possible, whatever it takes.

When I say a laugh I literally mean a few different away games, maybe a bit of terracing. That’s all. Don’t think we’d win the league, but a day out at Wembley in a P.O. final would be nice

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:15 - Oct 2 with 3194 viewspointofblue

I agree with those saying relegation is not the answer but can anyone see us getting out of the bottom three at the moment?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:15 - Oct 2 with 3184 viewsRegencyBlue

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:08 - Oct 2 by SomethingBlue

I see no way back for us from League 1 under the Evans regime!
You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:16 - Oct 2 with 3169 viewsReuser_is_God

All your fault buh

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:18 - Oct 2 with 3138 viewstextbackup

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:14 - Oct 2 by TheTrueBlue1878

Change was right no doubt. People didn’t want to go anymore, me included, but I don’t think we have made a step forward in any way shape or form.

Evans isn’t a football man, he isn’t interested, he’ll pop his head in now and again. And puppet Milne says things are bad after about 15 games winless he might say get the next useless manager in.

PH shouldn’t have been allowed to spend all that money on L1/2 players in order to replace high end championship quality.

Absolutely evans isn’t a football man.

For all MMs faults he was experienced in this game so ME could step back and not get too involved, but PH hasn’t got that experience and has spent a load of money on players that either aren’t good enough or don’t fit. .

I really wish we’d have got warburton in the summer. Closed the deal early, and had him shaping this squad

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:22 - Oct 2 with 3107 viewstextbackup

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:16 - Oct 2 by Reuser_is_God

All your fault buh

Lol.... you know what I mean tho, even tho nothing I do matters in the slightest, but I know I wanted changed and part of me feels im getting what I deserve. But I’ll accept that.... as long as we get Southend away on a warm summers saturday and we can take over the sea front

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:22 - Oct 2 with 3103 viewsJ2BLUE

It was time for MM to go. It had reached its natural end.

The only solace for me is that the intellectual giants of the forum - me, Joe, Lucan, Frimley etc - all wanted Jack Ross

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:23 - Oct 2 with 3088 viewswallyvincent

Lots wanted change including me but Hurst has blown it. It doesn't mean change wasn't needed. But we've screwed it up

For me, Burley and Butch need to come in. That could just give us enough lift to get us out the rut.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Unnecessarily magnanimous.... on 23:23 - Oct 2 with 3093 viewsBloots

....a change was needed, few people doubted that.

Some were just a little more realistic about where we already were as a club, and what/who was papering over the cracks.

Your last paragraph is ridiculous though.

If we go down, we will continue to go down and I don't think I'm being melodramatic.

He needs to go sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure that Evans has the balls to make the right decision.

Lets face it, so far he's only really got one "managerial" decision correct.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Unnecessarily magnanimous.... on 23:27 - Oct 2 with 3031 viewswallyvincent

Unnecessarily magnanimous.... on 23:23 - Oct 2 by Bloots

Some were just a little more realistic about where we already were as a club, and what/who was papering over the cracks.

If we go down, we will continue to go down and I don't think I'm being melodramatic.

He needs to go sooner rather than later, but I'm not sure that Evans has the balls to make the right decision.

Hurst is toast. He hasn't a clue what to do and him and Doig are out of their depth. I say this as someone who though PH was a great appointment. The longer we leave this, the nearer L1 we go.

“....he’s a young tearaway by the name of Wally Vincent” - DCI Frank Haskins, Metropolitan Police Flying Squad 1975

Unnecessarily magnanimous.... on 23:31 - Oct 2 with 2982 viewstextbackup

Unnecessarily magnanimous.... on 23:23 - Oct 2 by Bloots

Whats ridiculous about it?
Nothing I’ve said in there is incorrect, is it?
I’d have a laugh at a few different away games, might win a fair few, might get a decent feeling back.
Players I think we’d keep and would shine at L1 level... Donacien, Chambers, Skuse, Sears, Jackson, Harrison, ward. Decent enough group there, plus the kids we have on loan that’ll be getting experience

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:32 - Oct 2 with 2960 viewsBluefish

Fair play.

We are fooking sh*t but I can't buy into sacking him. We've made a bed so let's lay in it for a bit longer and see if we get a jump. The sheets are filthy and it smells but you never know your luck.

We are what we are. Maybe the delusions of grandeur disappearing will make PR a better place

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:34 - Oct 2 with 2947 viewsSomethingBlue

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:32 - Oct 2 by Bluefish

Fair play.

We are fooking sh*t but I can't buy into sacking him. We've made a bed so let's lay in it for a bit longer and see if we get a jump. The sheets are filthy and it smells but you never know your luck.

We are what we are. Maybe the delusions of grandeur disappearing will make PR a better place

Why would putting the club in a sh7tter place make PR a better place? It won't, those are just words, we cannot afford to go down and if our best chance to stay up was to sack Hurst tomorrow I'd — reluctantly, because it'd genuinely be a huge shame — be bang up for it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:38 - Oct 2 with 2894 viewsBluefish

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:34 - Oct 2 by SomethingBlue

Why would putting the club in a sh7tter place make PR a better place? It won't, those are just words, we cannot afford to go down and if our best chance to stay up was to sack Hurst tomorrow I'd — reluctantly, because it'd genuinely be a huge shame — be bang up for it.

I never said anything about going down, I still don't think we will. I mean the fact that last season part of the problem was am element of fans that still believe we should be in the Premier league. It needed a new manager to struggle for some of them to accept that despite every we are a low end championship side by size. Just look at the price tag of the boro subs. The scenes last season were mad but those fans believed Mick was holding us back from the Premier league, we needed them to see how close we actually are to league 1, they can crawl away now and PR will be better for it. We should actually be proud of 17 years in the championship

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 00:03 - Oct 3 with 2763 viewsMelford

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 23:14 - Oct 2 by textbackup

When I say a laugh I literally mean a few different away games, maybe a bit of terracing. That’s all. Don’t think we’d win the league, but a day out at Wembley in a P.O. final would be nice

Checkatrade Trophy Winners 2020.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 00:04 - Oct 3 with 2748 viewsHennikerBlu

You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 00:03 - Oct 3 by Melford

Checkatrade Trophy Winners 2020.

You are not helping ;))
You know what, I’ll take some responsibility for this on 00:04 - Oct 3 with 2747 viewslinhdi

Well said. Sadly, I agree with you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024