Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we all agree on one thing now? 13:44 - Nov 12 with 4888 viewsitfcjoe

No need for the Keane v Jewell debate to be revisited, as Hurst is clearly the worst ITFC manager of the modern era

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:44 - Nov 12 with 3947 viewsFrimleyBlue

Keane V Hurst

Who ruined a squad more.................

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:47 - Nov 12 with 3930 viewsReuser_is_God

'6.7% Paul' as I'll forever call him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:47 - Nov 12 with 3921 viewsBiGDonnie

Hurst the worst, Jewell the best, Keane the one with the hairy chest.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:48 - Nov 12 with 3908 viewstextbackup

Modern era, or ever?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:50 - Nov 12 with 3889 viewsitfcjoe

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:48 - Nov 12 by textbackup

Modern era, or ever?!

I can't really judge Jackie Milburn but I've heard he was cr@p!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:51 - Nov 12 with 3889 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:51 - Nov 12 with 3890 viewsBrixtonBlue

Yep.

Hurst worst, Keane 2nd worst, Jewell 3rd worst

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:52 - Nov 12 with 3880 viewsJimmyJazz

Does the modern era mean Premier League onwards?

Is that why John Duncan is almost looked back at wistfully these days? He may not have destroyed the club but he firmly destroyed all hope and aspirations that SBR had built up

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Login to get fewer ads

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 14:17 - Nov 12 with 3800 viewsRegencyBlue

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:52 - Nov 12 by JimmyJazz

Does the modern era mean Premier League onwards?

Is that why John Duncan is almost looked back at wistfully these days? He may not have destroyed the club but he firmly destroyed all hope and aspirations that SBR had built up

Duncan was bad, and I know because I witnessed it all, but it was almost a golden age in comparison to the cr@p we have been served up under the Evans regime!
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 14:32 - Nov 12 with 3741 viewsNo9

Let's just leave it at :- Marcus Evans was badly advised for managerial appointments.
Hopefully the latest apointment will break the mould
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 14:40 - Nov 12 with 3716 viewsRobTheMonk

I think Keane was the biggest c0ck but Hurst messed us up big time.
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 15:08 - Nov 12 with 3671 viewsJimmyJazz

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 14:17 - Nov 12 by RegencyBlue

Duncan was bad, and I know because I witnessed it all, but it was almost a golden age in comparison to the cr@p we have been served up under the Evans regime!

As someone who first followed the club under SBR, I feel that with Duncan all hope was well and truly buried.

For fans who followed the club from Duncan onwards it was probably different, and yes his high midtable finishes look good today. After Duncan expectations have been much lower ever since

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 15:15 - Nov 12 with 3648 viewsElephantintheRoom

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 15:08 - Nov 12 by JimmyJazz

As someone who first followed the club under SBR, I feel that with Duncan all hope was well and truly buried.

For fans who followed the club from Duncan onwards it was probably different, and yes his high midtable finishes look good today. After Duncan expectations have been much lower ever since

Weird. I remember the John Duncan era as a time of consolidation after the club destroyed itself with the Pioneer Stand. Kiwomya and Dozzel both became established, the signings of Linighan and Lowe were inspired. And Dalian Atkinson was one of the most exciting players seen before or since - his hat trick against Boro was superb. Duncan wasn't much of a manager but he built a good team that Lyall only had to tweak to go up as champs. He bought wisely by and large, even Harbey wasn't sold at a loss, and played youth. And Town were never in danger of going down

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 16:21 - Nov 12 with 3531 viewsPJH

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 13:50 - Nov 12 by itfcjoe

I can't really judge Jackie Milburn but I've heard he was cr@p!

Jackie Milburn had a few plus points.
He started the Youth team and he signed Danny Hegan and Gerry Baker.

Hurst has done this club the greatest amount of damage in the shortest amount of time so regrettably I think that he is just possibly worse than Keane so therefore our worst ever.
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 17:27 - Nov 12 with 3441 viewsJimmyJazz

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 15:15 - Nov 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Weird. I remember the John Duncan era as a time of consolidation after the club destroyed itself with the Pioneer Stand. Kiwomya and Dozzel both became established, the signings of Linighan and Lowe were inspired. And Dalian Atkinson was one of the most exciting players seen before or since - his hat trick against Boro was superb. Duncan wasn't much of a manager but he built a good team that Lyall only had to tweak to go up as champs. He bought wisely by and large, even Harbey wasn't sold at a loss, and played youth. And Town were never in danger of going down

But Duncan couldn't wait to get rid of Dalian. He was far too flash / skilful a player for Duncan's tastes

He did bring together a good team, but had no idea what to do with it.

You are right the club had committed suicide before he arrived, and maybe the consolidation was necessary, but to a lot of fans we seemed to be stuck in that high mid table position. Never a sniff of relegation, but also not much realistic hope of any success either.

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 17:28 - Nov 12 with 3438 viewschicoazul

Agreed. Mini Roy clearly the worst.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 17:30 - Nov 12 with 3431 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 18:25 - Nov 12 with 3330 viewsBlueBadger

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 14:40 - Nov 12 by RobTheMonk

I think Keane was the biggest c0ck but Hurst messed us up big time.

Had he stayed, Hurst would comfortably be the worst. As it is, it's still Keane. He did less, with far more resources than any manager following him every did, dismantled a side that didn't need dismantling, disnsed with key club personnel. His utter waste of a huge budget and the support of his club owner essentially ensured that anyone followed him worked on increasingly smaller and smaller budgets.
Mind you, had Hurst lingered, I suspect he's have done as much damage - his 'lots of tings at this club need to change' presser was truly worrying.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 18:55 - Nov 12 with 3293 viewsmr_bean

Bought wisely?

Linighan was OK and Lowe was good, but I give you:

Graham Harbey
Ian Redford
David Hill
Neil Woods
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 18:55 - Nov 12 with 3292 viewsRocky

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 16:21 - Nov 12 by PJH

Jackie Milburn had a few plus points.
He started the Youth team and he signed Danny Hegan and Gerry Baker.

Hurst has done this club the greatest amount of damage in the shortest amount of time so regrettably I think that he is just possibly worse than Keane so therefore our worst ever.

Agreed. Milburn turned out very well for us. You could also add Frank Brogan to the list of players which he signed and who were the attacking basis of Bill McGarry's promotion side after Milburn departed. But his biggest legacy was the foundation of the youth team which came to such prominence in SBR's time.
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 18:59 - Nov 12 with 3277 viewsPJH

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 18:55 - Nov 12 by Rocky

Agreed. Milburn turned out very well for us. You could also add Frank Brogan to the list of players which he signed and who were the attacking basis of Bill McGarry's promotion side after Milburn departed. But his biggest legacy was the foundation of the youth team which came to such prominence in SBR's time.

Yes, forgot that he signed Frank Brogan.
The signings he made varied between pretty poor and pretty good.
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:03 - Nov 12 with 3262 viewsDarth_Koont

In terms of damage per day, Hurst.

But overall it's till Jewell. Took 3 years to put us back 3 years, gave us a big age problem in the squad when there were no young players coming through, blew more money than anyone else (and almost entirely on wages too), and after all that he nearly took us down too.

Nice man though.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:10 - Nov 12 with 3245 viewsRocky

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 18:59 - Nov 12 by PJH

Yes, forgot that he signed Frank Brogan.
The signings he made varied between pretty poor and pretty good.

His worse signings were all in defence - Jackie Bolton, Thorburn etc. His attacking signings were all wonderful to watch. Wasn't Joe Broadfoot one of Milburn's signings? Hoss Colrain was also hugely entertaining on a good day!
Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:33 - Nov 12 with 3200 viewsCoastalblue

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 18:55 - Nov 12 by mr_bean

Bought wisely?

Linighan was OK and Lowe was good, but I give you:

Graham Harbey
Ian Redford
David Hill
Neil Woods

To this day I'm still trying to work out how David Hill ever got paid for a day as a pro footballer, let alone made a living from it and played for us.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:40 - Nov 12 with 3179 viewsPlums

Can we all agree on one thing now? on 19:33 - Nov 12 by Coastalblue

To this day I'm still trying to work out how David Hill ever got paid for a day as a pro footballer, let alone made a living from it and played for us.

Same here. I saw him play for Lincoln City after he left us and he was the best player on the park. I guess he was one who found his level.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024