Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? 14:45 - Jan 6 with 21722 viewsOxford_Blue

And does anyone feel that criticising him for his team’s style and performances now looks a little churlish given that with no money he got us to 7th, 6th and 12th?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:47]
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:05 - Jan 6 with 3288 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:55 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What other clubs has he left in a cloud?

Please try to reassure me he left Wolves all smiles & giggles.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:08 - Jan 6 with 3284 viewsMach_foreignBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:47 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Then it's pretty clear I was neither making a dig at you, or was wrong to suggest there was abuse.

I'd say if you provoked him, then they were justified. Necessary is a matter of opinion, but if you can't take it back you should never ever give it.

Mullet you are extremely delicate with all things mccarthy and you don't like any bad words about him. But the respect ought to be mutual and he reaps what he sows as his contempt for our fans was staggering.

This can go on and on. This thread is about who would rather him stayed. You would, others wouldn't. For plenty of reasons so better leave it as it is.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:12 - Jan 6 with 3284 viewsPhilTWTD

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 15:52 - Jan 6 by Reuser_is_God

Parting ways with MM was the correct thing to do.

The subsequent mistakes doesn’t then make that a mistake also.

That's exactly it. There are two different situations. It was absolutely right Mick went, his position was untenable here.

Unfortunately the wrong appointment - one which was popular with supporters at the time it should be noted, although who weren't in the position to do the due diligence which might have led to evidence of PH's shortcomings as a manager - was made and unfortunately seems likely to relegate us.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:12 - Jan 6 with 3270 viewsLeoMuff

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:02 - Jan 6 by Ftnfwest

Him and everyone in football told us to shut up and be happy with our place in the footballing world (although our place wasn’t the issue it was the way we were achieving it). Fans of every club in the country seem to have the right to dream of something better apart from us.

Why does everyone miss the point, people gave MM arrows when massively over performing at his job, ME got barely a grumble.

Dreaming of better is fine, but MM was effectively forced out by the fans when if ME had fully reinvested transfer fees or maintained the level of funding from Keane/ Jim/Jewell days we would still be challenging.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:13 - Jan 6 with 3267 viewsSomethingBlue

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:02 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

Oh - I've been here, don't you worry. But work & life commitments take precedence.

In fact, I'm surprised you've been on here as much as you have been.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 16:18]

In fact.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:15 - Jan 6 with 3259 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:05 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

Please try to reassure me he left Wolves all smiles & giggles.

It wasn’t as results were cr*p and they had just been thrashed 5-1 at home in a derby match - but there wasn’t any childish fallouts with fans as far as I’m aware

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:16 - Jan 6 with 3252 viewsevansblue

I never booed him and never wanted him gone and I am frustrated at the way he was treated and the situation we are in. That said it’s not my club, it’s our club and the majority wanted change. We can’t keep looking back and need to roll with the punches and come back stronger. This is just a blip in the grand scheme of things.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:17 - Jan 6 with 3249 viewsBlue_Heath

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 14:57 - Jan 6 by Mullet

He wouldn't have sold the players we did and we wouldn't bought the ones we have though. Let alone for the same amounts or the same squad churn.

Hurst being allowed to do that was scandalous.

We struggled massively when Murphy was sold under MM and could have gone down that year, had another 3/4 attackers gone with him we would have!
Login to get fewer ads

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:19 - Jan 6 with 3239 viewsagentp

We were stable under Mick and thus had a chance of attracting a buyer. I wasn't his biggest fan - never was, but the decision to get rid of him when we did, was; in my mind and knee-jerk reaction to the calls of some fans.

I am pretty sure CCV and Waghorn would have started the season with MM. we would be around 10th- 12th now and hoping that elusive buyer might see some potential.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:20 - Jan 6 with 3235 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:13 - Jan 6 by SomethingBlue

In fact.

Ammended.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:22 - Jan 6 with 3218 viewsJ2BLUE

I always said he was an excellent manager but it was time to make a change. It's ok now saying we should have stuck with him but without the benefit of hindsight it would have turned toxic.

There's also plenty of history being rewritten by people who can't admit they were in favour of Hurst coming in. Of course those same people are now calling ME an idiot. Then they ask why he won't invest. Despite doing pretty much exactly what the majority of fans have demanded for the last year or so he's getting more stick than ever.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:25 - Jan 6 with 3209 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:15 - Jan 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It wasn’t as results were cr*p and they had just been thrashed 5-1 at home in a derby match - but there wasn’t any childish fallouts with fans as far as I’m aware

IIRC, there was.

"It's definitely the case that not all the fans are behind Mick right now," Steve Bishop, secretary of the Cannock Wolves supporters club, says. "I would say it's a 50-50 split between those who want him to stay and those who want him to go. Personally, I recognise what a good job he's done, but there comes a time when all managers have achieved everything they can at a club. Mick may be at that stage, he may have lost his mojo."
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:28 - Jan 6 with 3202 viewsLeoMuff

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:25 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

IIRC, there was.

"It's definitely the case that not all the fans are behind Mick right now," Steve Bishop, secretary of the Cannock Wolves supporters club, says. "I would say it's a 50-50 split between those who want him to stay and those who want him to go. Personally, I recognise what a good job he's done, but there comes a time when all managers have achieved everything they can at a club. Mick may be at that stage, he may have lost his mojo."

Sounds the same as every manager sacked ever, maybe even less divided if it’s 50 50

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:31 - Jan 6 with 3198 viewsFtnfwest

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:12 - Jan 6 by LeoMuff

Why does everyone miss the point, people gave MM arrows when massively over performing at his job, ME got barely a grumble.

Dreaming of better is fine, but MM was effectively forced out by the fans when if ME had fully reinvested transfer fees or maintained the level of funding from Keane/ Jim/Jewell days we would still be challenging.

MM could have bought players in half way through 14/15 but publically started he couldn’t improve on what he had already. Now we of course had to accept that he meant within reason but he should carry the can for that. Since that time we’ve clearly made decent offers for players, Hugill for instance, but ME has pulled the reigns in if clubs like Preston have insisted on a lot more. ME has never invested enough but the problem with him is more the fact that he’s never employed the right people at the top of the club and has always tried to make the decisions himself based on ‘advice’ from his mates in the game. It’s why we’re so far behind the majority of clubs both on and off the pitch. So yes Evans is the main culprit, but it’s not simply a matter of the amount of money he puts in.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:33 - Jan 6 with 3193 viewsBlue_Moses

No. Even Mick wouldn't have been able to keep this team up. It's his terrible defence that has been at fault for at least 2 years and without the attacking players we have recently sold he would have had the same problem.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:33 - Jan 6 with 3192 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:02 - Jan 6 by Johnny_Boy

Oh - I've been here, don't you worry. But work & life commitments take precedence.

In fact, I'm surprised you've been on here as much as you have been.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 16:18]

So too busy to post after it went wrong post-Mick, but not too busy to read up on everything or be surprised I've stayed the same having had to "bite [your] lip" as you put it?

Smells like bullsh1t to me.

Good to see your 'return' is as triumphant as your previous on here.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:34 - Jan 6 with 3186 viewsMullet

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:08 - Jan 6 by Mach_foreignBlue

Mullet you are extremely delicate with all things mccarthy and you don't like any bad words about him. But the respect ought to be mutual and he reaps what he sows as his contempt for our fans was staggering.

This can go on and on. This thread is about who would rather him stayed. You would, others wouldn't. For plenty of reasons so better leave it as it is.

Really don't think you're in the position to call me "delicate" about anything given how this thread has gone.

How can he respect people who behaved and said as they did, especially as time went on? Why is it always one way? As per yesterday etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:35 - Jan 6 with 3185 viewsPositivelyPortman

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:36 - Jan 6 with 3184 viewsDubtractor

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:12 - Jan 6 by PhilTWTD

That's exactly it. There are two different situations. It was absolutely right Mick went, his position was untenable here.

Unfortunately the wrong appointment - one which was popular with supporters at the time it should be noted, although who weren't in the position to do the due diligence which might have led to evidence of PH's shortcomings as a manager - was made and unfortunately seems likely to relegate us.

Phil has spoken, may as well close this thread now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Yes, a lot of football fans generally are massibe melts on 16:36 - Jan 6 with 3183 viewsDyland

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:22 - Jan 6 by J2BLUE

I always said he was an excellent manager but it was time to make a change. It's ok now saying we should have stuck with him but without the benefit of hindsight it would have turned toxic.

There's also plenty of history being rewritten by people who can't admit they were in favour of Hurst coming in. Of course those same people are now calling ME an idiot. Then they ask why he won't invest. Despite doing pretty much exactly what the majority of fans have demanded for the last year or so he's getting more stick than ever.

It's not only us lot.

As Hammers said in this thread, it was right Evans made the change. Unfortunately it's gone completely tits up, but that doesn't make MM leaving a mistake.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

i still think we'll finish around 18 on 16:37 - Jan 6 with 3170 viewsDyland

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:36 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:37 - Jan 6 with 3168 viewsbluejacko

FFS does a thread like this actually do anybody any favours?
He has gone just get over it!
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:46 - Jan 6 with 3151 viewsJohnny_Boy

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:33 - Jan 6 by Mullet

So too busy to post after it went wrong post-Mick, but not too busy to read up on everything or be surprised I've stayed the same having had to "bite [your] lip" as you put it?

Smells like bullsh1t to me.

Good to see your 'return' is as triumphant as your previous on here.

I was biting my lip having to read your endless guff xx

Still enjoying the sound of your own voice I see.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:50 - Jan 6 with 3142 viewsPhilTWTD

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:36 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

Ha, thanks. *Turns off website*.
So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:52 - Jan 6 with 3131 viewsJ2BLUE

So who on here would rather that MM stayed? on 16:35 - Jan 6 by PositivelyPortman

Can I ask why you constantly defend Hurst? Genuinely interested. You never seem to stick around long enough to see replies to your posts and it would interest me if you wanted to post a bit more on the subject.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024