Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50397 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:08 - Mar 18 with 2133 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:01 - Mar 18 by jeera

Oh I see.

You're suggesting someone else killed their child and they've covered it up.

That makes more sense now.

I wasn't there so I do not know the facts. Only the McCann's know what really happened and I think that they are not telling the truth. Watch the video and tell me that it doesn't raise a question.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:09 - Mar 18 with 2131 viewsjeera

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 17:54 - Mar 18 by caught-in-limbo

The events surrounding Sir James Wilson Vincent Savile OBE KCSG were for a long time labelled the most distasteful of conspiracy theories until it all came out - then it was "I always thought he was a bit weird, but he was acting alone for sure, and his actions were largely a product of a different era".

Let's face it, if you always err on the side of official opinion, you'll always appear saner than those that don't - irrespective of whether you are right or wrong.

Long live conformity.

Equally accusing someone of something unthinkable they may not have done is not ok.

At all.

Conformity has nothing to do with it.

But evidence is an overrated concept for some.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:10 - Mar 18 with 2127 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:08 - Mar 18 by Pecker

I wasn't there so I do not know the facts. Only the McCann's know what really happened and I think that they are not telling the truth. Watch the video and tell me that it doesn't raise a question.

So you think they know exactly what happened?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:15 - Mar 18 with 2121 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:10 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

So you think they know exactly what happened?

Yes I do. What is wrong with that? What is wrong with not believing them. You think that they are innocent. I think that they are not telling the truth. I think that that is the end of it.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:18 - Mar 18 with 2112 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:15 - Mar 18 by Pecker

Yes I do. What is wrong with that? What is wrong with not believing them. You think that they are innocent. I think that they are not telling the truth. I think that that is the end of it.

So if you think they know what happened then you think they know whether she is alive or dead and who killed her. If they know that, what's their motivation for covering that up? Why would they keep Maddie (and themselves) in the public eye rather than just letting it peter out?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:20 - Mar 18 with 2111 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:09 - Mar 18 by jeera

Equally accusing someone of something unthinkable they may not have done is not ok.

At all.

Conformity has nothing to do with it.

But evidence is an overrated concept for some.

"Equally accusing someone of something unthinkable they may not have done is not ok."

I couldn't agree more. In fact I have a reputation for defending people (usually people we are supposed to hate) who are accused of horrendous crimes before full and impartial investigations are carried out.

With this in mind, conformity to media-shaped opinion has everything to do with it.

I don't know anyone who overrates credible evidence.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 19:00]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:21 - Mar 18 with 2105 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 17:34 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

So who killed Maddie if they are covering it up? You're just talking bollox, pal. Offensive bollox at that. Your entire argument is that you think age looks guilty.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 17:40]

Another thread where you won’t let other people have a differing opinion to yourself I see.

Deary me Mr Herbivore, you’ll get yourself quite a reputation with that attitude. Why don’t we all try to express our opinions whilst allowing others to believe what they want and express it too without it being referred to as ‘talking bollox’.

For what it’s worth, I don’t have much opinion on this subject. I think it’s stupid that the amount of money spent on the case has had the amount it has. I also think that, if they lived on a council estate and this happened, the parents would have been in a bit of hot water for leaving their kids alone whilst they were on the p*ss. As well as that, I think, based on the documentary etc, they perhaps did have some involvement such as accidentally giving her too much drugs to put her to sleep as they did and she accidentally died. There’s my opinion. No doubt it’s wrong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:24 - Mar 18 with 2100 viewsSpruceMoose

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:21 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Another thread where you won’t let other people have a differing opinion to yourself I see.

Deary me Mr Herbivore, you’ll get yourself quite a reputation with that attitude. Why don’t we all try to express our opinions whilst allowing others to believe what they want and express it too without it being referred to as ‘talking bollox’.

For what it’s worth, I don’t have much opinion on this subject. I think it’s stupid that the amount of money spent on the case has had the amount it has. I also think that, if they lived on a council estate and this happened, the parents would have been in a bit of hot water for leaving their kids alone whilst they were on the p*ss. As well as that, I think, based on the documentary etc, they perhaps did have some involvement such as accidentally giving her too much drugs to put her to sleep as they did and she accidentally died. There’s my opinion. No doubt it’s wrong.

You're having a bit of a mare today fella.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:24 - Mar 18 with 2098 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:18 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

So if you think they know what happened then you think they know whether she is alive or dead and who killed her. If they know that, what's their motivation for covering that up? Why would they keep Maddie (and themselves) in the public eye rather than just letting it peter out?

If you watch the video posted in this thread, you will see why I think what I think. He has been involved with many cases in which he was proven right. He is highly respected in his field. I am going on the evidence that I have seen and read. I really do not see why you are questioning that. I haven't just come to some rash decision on this. I think one thing, you think another. I don't see the problem.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:29 - Mar 18 with 2082 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:24 - Mar 18 by Pecker

If you watch the video posted in this thread, you will see why I think what I think. He has been involved with many cases in which he was proven right. He is highly respected in his field. I am going on the evidence that I have seen and read. I really do not see why you are questioning that. I haven't just come to some rash decision on this. I think one thing, you think another. I don't see the problem.

That doesn't answer my questions.

And what do you know about Peter Hyatt's credentials to declare him a well-respected expert?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 18:36]

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:33 - Mar 18 with 2073 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:24 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

You're having a bit of a mare today fella.

Why? What have I said to offend you now?

Was it the disagreeing with you that you didn’t like or what?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:39 - Mar 18 with 2048 viewsSpruceMoose

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:33 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Why? What have I said to offend you now?

Was it the disagreeing with you that you didn’t like or what?

I'm not offended. You're just seeming a bit high strung today.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:41 - Mar 18 with 2038 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:39 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I'm not offended. You're just seeming a bit high strung today.

That’s not answering the question.

What part of that post suggests I had a ‘mare’. I simply expressed a differing opinion to yourself.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:43 - Mar 18 with 2035 viewswkj

Order... Orderrrrr. No matter which way you slice it, Spruce... Romford... you ain't gonna cut it as Glassers VS Zed replacements

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:47 - Mar 18 with 2021 viewseireblue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:56 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

You need to watch a lot more than 5 minutes. Bits like you've seen in isolation don't convince... but when you see enough of it it really does build up as damning evidence. The odd slip or strange phrasing is fine - but they do this time and again.

And this isn't just some guy, he's a language analysis expert putting his reputation on the line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statement_analysis
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:50 - Mar 18 with 2015 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:47 - Mar 18 by eireblue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statement_analysis

As far as I can tell he's not even one of the leading exponents of a highly dubious, pseudoscientific method. He doesn't have a doctorate or any background working in credible research or academia. He does run a company selling his services though.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:51 - Mar 18 with 2012 viewsSpruceMoose

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:41 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

That’s not answering the question.

What part of that post suggests I had a ‘mare’. I simply expressed a differing opinion to yourself.

You're having a mare because you're spoiling for fights and taking offense at stuff across several threads, and when people take the time to actually answer your questions you won't engage with what they say to you in any meaningful way. It just isn't a very good look.

Now I'm sure this reply will upset you too, But you asked, so I answered.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:56 - Mar 18 with 1999 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:51 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

You're having a mare because you're spoiling for fights and taking offense at stuff across several threads, and when people take the time to actually answer your questions you won't engage with what they say to you in any meaningful way. It just isn't a very good look.

Doesn’t upset me. Nobody has upset me. It’s the internet and, in real life, things are going pretty well for me. The last year has been great for me. Best in years and years. I think you confuse me having a differing opinion with being ‘angry’ or ‘upset’.

If you look at the other thread, I replied to Footers as he didn’t refer to me as a ‘nasty little scrote’ etc.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:00 - Mar 18 with 1986 viewsSpruceMoose

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:56 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Doesn’t upset me. Nobody has upset me. It’s the internet and, in real life, things are going pretty well for me. The last year has been great for me. Best in years and years. I think you confuse me having a differing opinion with being ‘angry’ or ‘upset’.

If you look at the other thread, I replied to Footers as he didn’t refer to me as a ‘nasty little scrote’ etc.

I'm very glad things are going well for you. Like I said, hopefully the educational world will test your preconceived ideas on many different subjects. I know moving country had a similar impact on me and I had to seriously realign many of my expectations and things I considered to be 'normal'.

Everyone should stay open to new ideas.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:02 - Mar 18 with 1980 viewswkj

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:00 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I'm very glad things are going well for you. Like I said, hopefully the educational world will test your preconceived ideas on many different subjects. I know moving country had a similar impact on me and I had to seriously realign many of my expectations and things I considered to be 'normal'.

Everyone should stay open to new ideas.

Within reason... being open to Brexit didn't lead to a pleasant 2 years recently

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:10 - Mar 18 with 1964 viewsOxford_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:00 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

You know who knows precisely what went on that night? The parents.

They got off far too lightly, and seem far too quick to get litigious whenever anyone dares to question their story or actions.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:14 - Mar 18 with 1958 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:56 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Oh did I forget to add that bit, you nasty little scrote?

Come at me.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:31 - Mar 18 with 1919 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:29 - Mar 18 by Herbivore

That doesn't answer my questions.

And what do you know about Peter Hyatt's credentials to declare him a well-respected expert?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 18:36]

Why am I not allowed to think what I like? I have answered your questions every time, you just don't wish to read it as I do. I have said that you are entitled to think that there is no wrong doing and I am entitled to think the opposite. I really do not see why you are chasing me.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:33 - Mar 18 with 1909 viewsSpruceMoose

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:31 - Mar 18 by Pecker

Why am I not allowed to think what I like? I have answered your questions every time, you just don't wish to read it as I do. I have said that you are entitled to think that there is no wrong doing and I am entitled to think the opposite. I really do not see why you are chasing me.

Not replying is one way to think what you like unchallenged. Maybe Herbie thinks you're up for a debate as you reply?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:38 - Mar 18 with 1904 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 18:51 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Nonsense. The usual gang are jumping all over him because he doesn't have the approved opinion.

I really enjoyed being back here for a few days. Then I realised nothing has changed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024