Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass 11:20 - Aug 14 with 23013 viewsmos

Hi all,

If you live in the Ipswich area, you may have heard or even seen the recent developments that have been ripping through our beautiful countrysides. The Ipswich Northern Bypass has been proposed and is presumably in construction, if any of you have seen it, it’s a horrific sight and will devastate our natural countryside that makes Suffolk such a lovely county to reside in.

From the above, 3 routes have been proposed, which are all unnecessary and rip into our great countryside.

This clearly should be discussed, but if you care for the region’s natural landscape and protection of its greenery then the matter needs to be brought to attention. Therefore I strongly urge you to campaign to stop the bypass through signing the petition which can be found on the ‘Stop The Ipswich Northern Bypass’ website, which I will link below.

Thank you.

https://stopipswichnorthernbypass.co.uk

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:14 - Aug 14 with 2974 viewsjaykay

did you complain when the southern bypass was built.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:16 - Aug 14 with 2969 viewsblue62

Just out of interest Mos, do you live anywhere near one of these routes?
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:17 - Aug 14 with 2965 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:14 - Aug 14 by jaykay

did you complain when the southern bypass was built.

I’m in my teens, so don’t have a clue. And this is a differenent scenario, at a different time, with a new outlook on the world’s health from 30 years ago.

It is completely irrelevant therefore.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:19 - Aug 14 with 2966 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:16 - Aug 14 by blue62

Just out of interest Mos, do you live anywhere near one of these routes?

I do, yes.

And I regularly see the construction of one of the routes when I’m travelling from place to place.

Although have tried to not use arguments of ‘it will make too much noise’.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:20 - Aug 14 with 2960 viewsfactual_blue

There's a perfectly good northern bypass via Coddenham and Grundisburgh, joining the A12 at the garden centre at Woodbridge.

I'll stick to using that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:22 - Aug 14 with 2941 viewsKeanos_Monkey

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 12:12 - Aug 14 by mos

It has to be presumed that the road will eliminate traffic, realistically I’m not sure if that will be the case.

It will increase the development of new settlements, which will increase carbon emissions too. On top of that, lots of vegetation will be destroyed which of course acts as a carbon sink.

Road developments often encourage trade, which may boost the use of Felixstowe and surrounding areas (obviously a fantastic benefit, but at the cost of the environment), which will actually increase traffic.

So you're against easing traffic congestion (how you even argue that point is incorrect is beyond me), against tourism and ultimately against the road... But I'm yet to hear your counter proposal. You can't just say don't build the road - what is your viable alternative?

For the record. I think it's far beyond needed and they should actually build all 3 routes. Then work on making the A140 full dual carriageway. Improve our part of the world no end.
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:25 - Aug 14 with 2929 viewschicoazul

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:22 - Aug 14 by Keanos_Monkey

So you're against easing traffic congestion (how you even argue that point is incorrect is beyond me), against tourism and ultimately against the road... But I'm yet to hear your counter proposal. You can't just say don't build the road - what is your viable alternative?

For the record. I think it's far beyond needed and they should actually build all 3 routes. Then work on making the A140 full dual carriageway. Improve our part of the world no end.

Improve it for whom?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:29 - Aug 14 with 2916 viewsKeanos_Monkey

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:25 - Aug 14 by chicoazul

Improve it for whom?

The living majority
Login to get fewer ads

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:29 - Aug 14 with 2922 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:22 - Aug 14 by Keanos_Monkey

Read the thread.

However, because you clearly haven’t, I’ll put it simply.

I don’t think building the road is a good idea, therefore it is a bad idea. I want the bad idea to not take place.

There’s no expectation for a ‘viable alternative’, other than not building the road. That is the alternative.

You say going against the road is against tourism, however Suffolk’s USP is its countryside, building all 3 roads would absolutely decimate the countryside and therefore reduce tourism, because of your mindless plans.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:31 - Aug 14 with 2916 viewsblue62

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:19 - Aug 14 by mos

I do, yes.

And I regularly see the construction of one of the routes when I’m travelling from place to place.

So what is the alternative? I cannot see one.

Some form of bypass is needed, or a solution to what happens with high winds, accidents on the A14, without the 000's of cars heading in to the town centre or around the Colchester Road.

If there is one then I'd support that over spending millions on a new road.
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:31 - Aug 14 with 2914 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:29 - Aug 14 by Keanos_Monkey

The living majority

Despite the increase in traffic, pollution, destruction of our countryside, and the disruption of the once tranquil and peaceful country that we have, that is soon to be ruined by people like yourself.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:33 - Aug 14 with 2901 viewsKeanos_Monkey

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:31 - Aug 14 by mos

Despite the increase in traffic, pollution, destruction of our countryside, and the disruption of the once tranquil and peaceful country that we have, that is soon to be ruined by people like yourself.

I don't work on the roads.

You haven't answered my question - what's your alternative plan? Sounds like you want us to go back to horse and carts.
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:37 - Aug 14 with 2890 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:19 - Aug 14 by mos

I do, yes.

What construction? The bypass is a long way from being given the green light let alone having work started?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:38 - Aug 14 with 2891 viewsSitfcB

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:17 - Aug 14 by mos

I’m in my teens, so don’t have a clue. And this is a differenent scenario, at a different time, with a new outlook on the world’s health from 30 years ago.

It is completely irrelevant therefore.

You’re a teenager and you’re worrying about a road being built?

Christ.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 13:38]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:40 - Aug 14 with 2877 viewschicoazul

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:29 - Aug 14 by Keanos_Monkey

The living majority

So not for the people who have yet to come? An unkinder person than me might say this is a typically selfish short-sighted attitude common among most people in this country, and is part of the reason the Earth is slowly boiling to death.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:47 - Aug 14 with 2859 viewsmos

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:38 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

Christ.

Some people care about the world we live in.

We’re not all arrogant.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:47 - Aug 14 with 2856 viewsGeoffSentence

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:37 - Aug 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What construction? The bypass is a long way from being given the green light let alone having work started?

I suspect that Mos has mistaken the temporary road that has been built for the work on the power lines for the wind farm and taken that as the beginning of construction for a permanent road, as it does look like that.

Forgive me if I have got that wrong Mos.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:52 - Aug 14 with 2839 viewsSitfcB

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:29 - Aug 14 by mos

Read the thread.

I don’t think building the road is a good idea, therefore it is a bad idea. I want the bad idea to not take place.

There’s no expectation for a ‘viable alternative’, other than not building the road. That is the alternative.

You say going against the road is against tourism, however Suffolk’s USP is its countryside, building all 3 roads would absolutely decimate the countryside and therefore reduce tourism, because of your mindless plans.

They’re not building all three, just one.

Hehe.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 14:10 - Aug 14 with 2805 viewsKeanos_Monkey

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:29 - Aug 14 by mos

Read the thread.

I read the whole thread before commenting to take in all the arguments - something you fail to be able to do.

The anti-tourism comment came from your own comment saying it would make getting to Felixstowe easier (good thing), which would cause more traffic (underpinning the need for more roads).

I'm not sure you've fully thought this through. You don't want a road, because wildlife, but you don't seem to grasp the need for it or have any way of providing an alternative.

Perhaps ask one of your teachers for advice when the summer holidays are finished.
IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 14:12 - Aug 14 with 2803 viewsGooders7592

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:38 - Aug 14 by SitfcB

Christ.

I thought the same.
IMPORTANT - Ipswich needs a Northern Bypass on 14:18 - Aug 14 with 2803 viewsTrequartista

All bypasses go through the countryside, otherwise they wouldn't be bypasses, so "ripping up the countryside" is hardly an argument against a bypass, it is pure nimbyism.

It is a balance dependent on the need for the road, and the need is desperate, so i urge everyone to sign this petition

https://www.change.org/p/suffolk-county-council-backing-the-bypass-ipswich-inner

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 14:21 - Aug 14 with 2796 viewsPinewoodblue

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 13:47 - Aug 14 by mos

Some people care about the world we live in.

We’re not all arrogant.

Think it is time for the OP to be more honest. It isn't about the road being built but what follows as it opens up the countryside to the north of Ipswich to development. He just doesn't want to see those developments take place.

A northern by pass is long overdue.and if it hadn't been for Mr Gummer senior would have been built years ago.. Just hope it is built in time to take the traffic for the Construction of Sidewall.

The only reservation I would have relates to A12 east of Ipswich which would have difficulty in coping with the extra traffic Long the section with multiple roundabouts. Believe there are already plans to introduce lower speed limits along that stretch.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2019 14:24]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

IMPORTANT - Stop the Ipswich Northern Bypass on 14:26 - Aug 14 with 2783 viewsHeathlander

It will never happen anyway. It's just the consultation phase. No one is going to come up with the Billion pounds to build it. Especially after 31st October. Even if they do it won't happen for ten years.

If Mos is a teenager fair play to him or her for caring enough about this to argue their position.
IMPORTANT - Ipswich needs a Northern Bypass on 14:28 - Aug 14 with 2782 viewschicoazul

IMPORTANT - Ipswich needs a Northern Bypass on 14:18 - Aug 14 by Trequartista

All bypasses go through the countryside, otherwise they wouldn't be bypasses, so "ripping up the countryside" is hardly an argument against a bypass, it is pure nimbyism.

It is a balance dependent on the need for the road, and the need is desperate, so i urge everyone to sign this petition

https://www.change.org/p/suffolk-county-council-backing-the-bypass-ipswich-inner

Hope your grandchildren enjoy living in Bladerunner 2049; Ipswich. Still you can always tell them ripping up the natural world is not an argument against a bypass.

IMPORTANT - Ipswich needs a Northern Bypass on 14:35 - Aug 14 with 2769 viewsTrequartista

IMPORTANT - Ipswich needs a Northern Bypass on 14:28 - Aug 14 by chicoazul

Hope your grandchildren enjoy living in Bladerunner 2049; Ipswich. Still you can always tell them ripping up the natural world is not an argument against a bypass.

There have been no new roads since the 80s and thousands of new homes, the roads can't cope. Can you imagine what it would be like now if we didn't build the bypass in the 80s? It's only the missing link from the existing ring road anyway.

Lots of women work nowadays compared to years ago, so most famililes are 2 car families now. It will peak because you are unlikely to get 3 car families, so probably no need for further roads.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024