Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wimbledon view on last night 14:11 - Aug 21 with 7476 viewsBlueinBrum

http://sw19army.com/?p=9885

Few slightly sarcy comments about us in there but not surprising as I'm sure last night stung. Other than that not much to disagree with really, i think they have good reason to feel aggrieved with the ref.
Wimbledon view on last night on 15:00 - Aug 21 with 2004 viewsKropotkin123

"I’ve always liked the Ipswich badge because of that horse controlling a football motif. Quite nifty footwork (or hoofwork) by it, and shows a technique that none of our current midfielders have.

Maybe we could try and sign it on loan for this season? Even if our budget won’t allow us to buy more than a bale of hay a year."

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Wimbledon view on last night on 15:04 - Aug 21 with 1992 viewsxrayspecs

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:23 - Aug 21 by Superfrans

The general view of the AFCW fans I spoke to on the way home was follows:
* blimey, we were lucky. 1-1 would have been fairer.
* some doubt about the corner that we scored our first goal from. A suggestion that the changed his mind after initially being about to give a goal kick.
* the ref also should potentially have red carded one of their players following a class with one of our guys. Not sure when this was or who it involved.
* otherwise though the ref was a homer and big clubs like ours will always get the benefit of the doubt over small clubs like AFCW.
* surprisingly little between the team given that our wage bill is probably three times theirs.

Not convinced it was a corner, it was right in front of us. The crowd claimed it, the ref looked at the lino, who stood still, then ref gave it. Think the crowd won that one.
Wimbledon view on last night on 15:04 - Aug 21 with 1987 viewsmonty_radio

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:54 - Aug 21 by BlueySwede

Even if we were poor for parts of the game yesterday, there is no doubt in my mind we deserved that win. And I am sure even the unbiased football viewer would agree. https://www.google.com/search?q=ipswich+wimbledon&rlz=1C1GCEV_en&oq=ipswich+&aqs

I'm totallybiased towards Town, and I didn't think so. As to your earlier comment re first half stats - they contained us, they scored what was quite a well-worked goal. If that had been us up at Sunderland, I think we'd have called that superiority.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Wimbledon view on last night on 15:05 - Aug 21 with 1984 viewshomer_123

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:25 - Aug 21 by BrixtonBlue

That doesn't equate to "outplaying" a team.

Nobody outplayed anyone in the first half.

Two awful teams....hoofball and crab football.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Wimbledon view on last night on 15:17 - Aug 21 with 1947 viewsWonky

Good one,
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 15:18]
Wimbledon view on last night on 15:26 - Aug 21 with 1919 viewsBlueySwede

Wimbledon view on last night on 15:04 - Aug 21 by monty_radio

I'm totallybiased towards Town, and I didn't think so. As to your earlier comment re first half stats - they contained us, they scored what was quite a well-worked goal. If that had been us up at Sunderland, I think we'd have called that superiority.

Even first half Norwood should have put us 1-0 up from Dozzells pass. Wimbledon had the one chance they scored from. Second half we had at least three good chances before the goals came. Dons didn´t create anything. Shots 14-3, 6-1 on target. No, we weren´t great. But deserved victory.
Wimbledon view on last night on 16:00 - Aug 21 with 1868 viewsBrixtonBlue

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:28 - Aug 21 by SE1blue

No, i know, but I'd argue that 50% of that 62% you quoted was spent ineffectually passing it around our back four or clogged up in midfield.

Wimbledon at least pushed down the flanks and attempted to go attack purposefully. Norwood being out jumped by bigger men was not great attacking play.

Still doesn't equate to them "outplaying" us...

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Wimbledon view on last night on 16:23 - Aug 21 with 1827 viewsIllinoisblue

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:45 - Aug 21 by ITFC_Forever

They were time-wasting for most of the second half, a few of them deserved it for that alone.

The number 30 deserved his booking for a foul.

And they should have all started on one yellow card for an awful kit.

None as blatant as Norwood's time-wasting!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Wimbledon view on last night on 16:30 - Aug 21 with 1814 viewsITFC_Forever

Wimbledon view on last night on 16:23 - Aug 21 by Illinoisblue

Ha. Served them right.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Wimbledon view on last night on 17:33 - Aug 21 with 1761 viewsActionMan

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:19 - Aug 21 by MrTown

Schooled us for 80 minutes. Steady on now. They came and aimed to contain for 95 minutes, they got the goal which was a good finish, gave them something to hang onto a offered very little otherwise.

We were poor last night and I'm still not sure 3 points were unjustified in the context of the full 95 minutes.

I had to share the train back with em' and they were pretty bitter about it. I said it was a horrendous game of football, which is why our crowd was starting to groan a bit not because we have any ideas above our own station, and that had a lot to do with how Wimbledon played, which was dull, pretty atrocious and set up to nick a point at best against a better team. Probably the worse hours football I have seen in my life at Portman Road from two teams seniors if I am honest, a win's a win but that was awful!

Glad to see them travel up in decent numbers though considering everything else and they did sing all more or less all game, which is better than a lot of the Championship sides.

I expect had we scored one of those early chances we'd have won 3-4 nil because they would have had to come out and try and play a bit. We however need to cut out the stupid cr4p at the back that lets these teams into games.
Wimbledon view on last night on 17:42 - Aug 21 with 1746 viewsJ2BLUE

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:22 - Aug 21 by SE1blue

They had a goal more than us.

Yes, from their one shot on target in the whole game to our seven.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Wimbledon view on last night on 08:00 - Aug 22 with 1588 viewsSteve_M

Wimbledon view on last night on 15:04 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

Not convinced it was a corner, it was right in front of us. The crowd claimed it, the ref looked at the lino, who stood still, then ref gave it. Think the crowd won that one.

Referees seem to be far more susceptible to players or fans appealing this season. We need to remember that, especially at home.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Wimbledon view on last night on 08:15 - Aug 22 with 1569 viewsWickets

Wimbledon view on last night on 16:23 - Aug 21 by Illinoisblue

You reap what you sow !
Wimbledon view on last night on 08:26 - Aug 22 with 1548 views26_Paz

Wimbledon view on last night on 14:23 - Aug 21 by Superfrans

The general view of the AFCW fans I spoke to on the way home was follows:
* blimey, we were lucky. 1-1 would have been fairer.
* some doubt about the corner that we scored our first goal from. A suggestion that the changed his mind after initially being about to give a goal kick.
* the ref also should potentially have red carded one of their players following a class with one of our guys. Not sure when this was or who it involved.
* otherwise though the ref was a homer and big clubs like ours will always get the benefit of the doubt over small clubs like AFCW.
* surprisingly little between the team given that our wage bill is probably three times theirs.

Some I spoke to were very complimentary about Downes

The Paz Man

Wimbledon view on last night on 10:09 - Aug 22 with 1492 viewsBlueBlood90

At no point did they ever 'school' us. They had one chance and scored, then tried to sit on it for the rest of the game.

Can't blame them for doing that but it wasn't a fantastic performance where they deserved any points because we peppered them all second half.

Plus, we had 5 youth kids playing and didn't start with a strong team.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Wimbledon view on last night on 10:16 - Aug 22 with 1481 viewstrncbluearmy

Wimbledon view on last night on 15:04 - Aug 21 by xrayspecs

I was pretty close no where near over, crowd won it.
Lesson learnt, go mental and claim everything, it works in this league
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024