Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The usual question... team for Wycombe? 23:44 - Nov 25 with 5854 viewspointofblue

I wouldn't mind seeing the same XI given a run out after their performance against Blackpool but, with Wycombe's reported physical strength, perhaps Norwood should play if fit, replacing Rowe with Jackson switching to the left of a three? Dropping Donacien after his performance on Saturday would be slightly harsh but KVY does have something extra about him, again if fit.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:10 - Nov 26 with 3856 viewscrossyitfc

Holy; KVY, Woolf, Wilson, Chambers, Garbutt; Downes, Skuse; Judge; Jackson, Norwood
The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:12 - Nov 26 with 3846 viewsblueislander

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:10 - Nov 26 by crossyitfc

Holy; KVY, Woolf, Wilson, Chambers, Garbutt; Downes, Skuse; Judge; Jackson, Norwood

Huws for Judge, and Dozzell for Skuse.
The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:14 - Nov 26 with 3842 viewsskyblue23

Norris (would rather Holy but can't see it happening)
KVY Chambers Woolf Garbutt
Skuce
Nolan Downes Judge
Norwood Jackson

Edit: Forgot to say, Donacian played well Saturday and impressed me, but if KVY is fit he has to play. He's on another level to Donacian and adds so much more to the team in every way.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 9:18]

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:15 - Nov 26 with 3836 viewsitfcjoe

Judge and Norwood in for Rowe and Edwards

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:44 - Nov 26 with 3780 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:10 - Nov 26 by crossyitfc

Norris in for Holy and this is what I would do

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:50 - Nov 26 with 3767 viewsMrTown

Fully fit team:
Holy
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Garbutt
Rowe - Skuse - Downes - Judge
Norwood - Jackson

Alternative:
Holy
Donacien - Wilson - Chambers - Garbutt
Keane - Jackson

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I personally think that on paper our most effective team is... on 09:57 - Nov 26 with 3758 viewsunstableblue

---------------Norris------------
KVY-----Chambo-The Wolf---Garbutt
---------------Downes----------------
-------Dozzel----------Huws------------
---------------Judge
---------Jackson-----Norwood

Give that team a run, get them gelled, and we would be very strong going forward.

And I just don't think Skuse and Downes both together is the future; albeit we did boss the midfield against Blackpool for long spells on Saturday.

Tonight it will no doubt:

-------------------Norris
KVY------Chambers--Wilson---Garbutt
Rowe------Skuse--Downes----Edwards
----------Judge-----Jackson

Dropping The Wolf would be concerning
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 10:00]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:01 - Nov 26 with 3734 viewsunstableblue

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:15 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

Judge and Norwood in for Rowe and Edwards

Is that a diamond midfield?

----------Skuse
--Downes-----Nolam
--------Judge

Login to get fewer ads

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:03 - Nov 26 with 3724 viewsElderGrizzly

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:12 - Nov 26 by blueislander

Huws for Judge, and Dozzell for Skuse.

If we need physicality against Wycombe, playing Dozzell does seem the wrong choice?
It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:09 - Nov 26 with 3704 viewsBloots

....it'll be whatever the manager fancies when someone hands him the sheet to fill in.

The fact that nobody can ever predict one of his selections, whether it's the players or the formation, is one of the biggest issues this season.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:23 - Nov 26 with 3664 viewsitfcjoe

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:09 - Nov 26 by Bloots

....it'll be whatever the manager fancies when someone hands him the sheet to fill in.

The fact that nobody can ever predict one of his selections, whether it's the players or the formation, is one of the biggest issues this season.

Not treating the games with respect they deserve for me, no closer to knowing our best team other than the fact there are 7-8 players you know will start if they are fit

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:31 - Nov 26 with 3643 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:23 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

Not treating the games with respect they deserve for me, no closer to knowing our best team other than the fact there are 7-8 players you know will start if they are fit

If he drops Woolfie I will be fuming.

So far he hasn't put in a performance that has warranted a drop, as good as Wilson has been.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:34 - Nov 26 with 3629 viewsGarv

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:23 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

So three places are up for grabs? Sounds like good competition to me.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Agreed.... on 10:37 - Nov 26 with 3611 viewsunstableblue

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:31 - Nov 26 by TRUE_BLUE123

If he drops Woolfie I will be fuming.

So far he hasn't put in a performance that has warranted a drop, as good as Wilson has been.

.... first half Saturday both Downes and The Wolf were imperious.

The Wolf carried into the second and was just superb.

Can't be dropped.

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:39 - Nov 26 with 3608 viewsSomethingBlue

Current setup is best served with wing-backs and a 3-5-2, so if KVY is fit and Norwood sorted out we should go that way.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:39 - Nov 26 with 3606 viewshampstead_blue

4-4-2
Holy
JD/KVY (if fit) - Chambers - Woolfy - Garbutt
Edwards - Skuse - Downes - Rowe
Norwood - Jackson

Am worried if we play Wilson and Chambers as Woolfy seems to be the best distributor.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:40 - Nov 26 with 3597 viewsGarv

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:50 - Nov 26 by MrTown

Fully fit team:
Holy
KVY - Woolfenden - Chambers - Garbutt
Norwood - Jackson

Alternative:
Holy
Donacien - Wilson - Chambers - Garbutt
Keane - Jackson

As poor as Edwards has been I still think he’s got more ability than Rowe and he’s definitely more of a goal threat.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:41 - Nov 26 with 3591 viewschicoazul

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 09:14 - Nov 26 by skyblue23

Norris (would rather Holy but can't see it happening)
KVY Chambers Woolf Garbutt
Skuce
Nolan Downes Judge
Norwood Jackson

Edit: Forgot to say, Donacian played well Saturday and impressed me, but if KVY is fit he has to play. He's on another level to Donacian and adds so much more to the team in every way.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2019 9:18]

We may see KVY at LB with Garbutt pushed forward..? Could give a nice balance to midfield. KVY played a lot of games for Col Who at LB.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

In principle yes..... on 10:46 - Nov 26 with 3576 viewsBloots

It's a pointless exercise really..... on 10:34 - Nov 26 by Garv

So three places are up for grabs? Sounds like good competition to me.

....but more often that not the changes are in the most important positions where partnerships are vital.

We also have no idea of the formation and even if we do it often changes 10 minutes into a game.

It's all a bit "more luck than judgement" at the moment.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:47 - Nov 26 with 3576 viewsitfcjoe

--------------------------Norris-----------------------
KVY/JD--------Woolfie-----Chambers----Garbutt
------------------Downes-----Huws-----------------
-------------------------Nolan--------------------------
----Edwards------------------------------Jackson----
-------------------------Norwood----------------------

Can drop into a 442 as and when needed with Huws drifting over to the left, or a 352 if JD starts at RB and moves to centre Edwards back.

Skuse looked leggy and groggy on Saturday, can he cope with 2 games in 4 days any more?

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:49 - Nov 26 with 3565 viewsEly_Blue

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:40 - Nov 26 by Garv

As poor as Edwards has been I still think he’s got more ability than Rowe and he’s definitely more of a goal threat.

Rowe seems to stop running and start the silly step overs outside the box as if he is afraid to run at the defender and lose the ball, Edwards at least drives at the defence, all be it with a little lack of what the end outcome will be (like a headless chicken) and more often if he gets past the defender it is a lucky break but at least he gives the defender the decision to make.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:51 - Nov 26 with 3559 viewschicoazul

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:47 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

Can drop into a 442 as and when needed with Huws drifting over to the left, or a 352 if JD starts at RB and moves to centre Edwards back.

Skuse looked leggy and groggy on Saturday, can he cope with 2 games in 4 days any more?

Norris

Janoi
Woolf
Chambers
KVY

Edwardsinho
Skuse
Downes
Garbutt

Norwood
Jackson

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 11:29 - Nov 26 with 3514 viewsElderGrizzly

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 10:47 - Nov 26 by itfcjoe

You get the feeling Skuse will only not play if he declares himself ‘goosed’?

Otherwise he is the first name on Lambert’s teamsheet
The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 11:33 - Nov 26 with 3505 viewsitfcjoe

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 11:29 - Nov 26 by ElderGrizzly

I don't know, he got injured the other midweek and seems to be creaking this year when games are coming thick and fast

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 11:33 - Nov 26 with 3499 viewsEly_Blue

The usual question... team for Wycombe? on 11:29 - Nov 26 by ElderGrizzly

Or unless the competition has cup or trophy in the title

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024