Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight 22:22 - Jan 14 with 3053 viewsChurchman75

.... He didn’t enjoy that tonight that for sure, - or he has other things (transfer) on his mind.

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:24 - Jan 14 with 3024 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Nothing like trying to make something out of nothing!

He was up against a very talented player in the Oxford midfield wasn't he? How good a game did that player have? Any ideas why?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:25 - Jan 14 with 3019 viewspointofblue

I thought he looked a bit flat on Saturday as well - grew into the game as it went on but if someone was going to make an error, particularly in the first half, it was going to be him.

Maybe the shape doesn't suit him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:28 - Jan 14 with 2990 viewsHerbivore

He wasn't at his best but still did the defensive stuff well. I thought Huws out performed him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 2960 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:28 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

He wasn't at his best but still did the defensive stuff well. I thought Huws out performed him.

Maybe Downes and Skuse leaves the attacking intent more on Downes' shoulders than it does when he is alongside Huws?

Maybe he just had a couple of less effective games?

Huws looked very good last match from all I heard/saw.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:32 - Jan 14 with 2941 viewsHerbivore

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:30 - Jan 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe Downes and Skuse leaves the attacking intent more on Downes' shoulders than it does when he is alongside Huws?

Maybe he just had a couple of less effective games?

Huws looked very good last match from all I heard/saw.

Huws was good against Accrington. To be fair we shouldn't be surprised if a fit Huws is playing better than Downes. Downes is still developing and Huws when fit is a top end Championship player.

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:35 - Jan 14 with 2902 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He was good tonight. So were Huws and Judge I thought considering it wasn’t the easiest game.

Not sure what the hell you are on about

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:36 - Jan 14 with 2883 viewsHerbivore

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:35 - Jan 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

He was good tonight. So were Huws and Judge I thought considering it wasn’t the easiest game.

Not sure what the hell you are on about

Downes definitely wasn't at his best.

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 2878 viewsclive_baker

He wasn't at his best but he was by no means bad. 6/10 in horrible conditions. It was the right team selection by Lambert and we were decent IMO, without ever really creating too much. Be interesting to see who starts Saturday after the last 2 games in 4 days with the same side (aside from Jackson), particularly on such a heavy pitch. No doubt the numpties will moan.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:39 - Jan 14 with 2844 viewsSomethingBlue

I thought he was everywhere and mopped up brilliantly even if we didn't see a lot of him on the ball.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

I thought is good for the final third on 22:41 - Jan 14 with 2818 viewsunstableblue

And was driving us forward

If Huws comes that game unscathed then he really is back to full fitness, his effort was immense, if a little headless at times

Awful conditions for the two of them, and overall they won the midfield

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:51 - Jan 14 with 2758 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:36 - Jan 14 by Herbivore

Downes definitely wasn't at his best.

Did I say he was ?

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:12 - Jan 14 with 2680 viewsHullblue

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:25 - Jan 14 by pointofblue

I thought he looked a bit flat on Saturday as well - grew into the game as it went on but if someone was going to make an error, particularly in the first half, it was going to be him.

Maybe the shape doesn't suit him.

Game of opinions init - he was my man of the match on Saturday! The amount of times he won the ball was ridiculous. Maybe didn’t do so much offensively because he had Huws next to him rather than Skuse, as someone else has pointed out. I didn’t see tonight so can’t comment.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:18 - Jan 14 with 2665 viewsblueoxford

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:12 - Jan 14 by Hullblue

Game of opinions init - he was my man of the match on Saturday! The amount of times he won the ball was ridiculous. Maybe didn’t do so much offensively because he had Huws next to him rather than Skuse, as someone else has pointed out. I didn’t see tonight so can’t comment.

Disagree.Thought he had a good game
Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:32 - Jan 14 with 2610 viewsSWGF

Best midfielder on the pitch

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:38 - Jan 14 with 2590 viewsSomethingBlue

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:32 - Jan 14 by SWGF

Yep. Not sure what people wanted to see. Wasn't a game for him, or anyone, to get things going on the ball but he anticipated situations so smartly throughout.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 00:10 - Jan 15 with 2540 viewsHullblue

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:18 - Jan 14 by blueoxford

Disagree.Thought he had a good game

You disagree that I didn’t see the game?! We’re all entitled to our opinions but I’d say I’m a subject matter expert on this one.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 00:37 - Jan 15 with 2502 viewsDarth_Koont

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:39 - Jan 14 by SomethingBlue

I thought he was everywhere and mopped up brilliantly even if we didn't see a lot of him on the ball.

Agreed. Whenever Baptiste got involved Oxford looked particularly dangerous. Think it was mostly down to Downes that he rarely did.

Great midfield tussle tonight that arguably earnt us the point more than our defence or attack.

Pronouns: He/Him

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 00:37 - Jan 15 with 2503 viewsKeaneish

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 23:32 - Jan 14 by SWGF

Yeah, thought he was class again tonight. Made his opponents look ordinary. Great anticipation and awareness, got their head down and forced the errors. Thought i t was a very mature performance in difficult conditions.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 02:37 - Jan 15 with 2444 viewsWickets

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 22:51 - Jan 14 by TRUE_BLUE123

Did I say he was ?

Downes had a quiet game but not poor as Mick Mills seemed to think .
Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 06:38 - Jan 15 with 2331 viewsJeff_winger

Honestly thought Downes had a good game, surprises people think other than that. Won a lot of balls broke attacks down.

What did I miss , did he makes some errors I missed ?
Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 06:40 - Jan 15 with 2327 viewsHerbivore

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 06:38 - Jan 15 by Jeff_winger

Honestly thought Downes had a good game, surprises people think other than that. Won a lot of balls broke attacks down.

What did I miss , did he makes some errors I missed ?

His use of the ball wasn't what we've come to expect. Conditions played a part obviously but others were using it better tonight I thought. I think most acknowledge he was doing the defensive stuff very well, just wasn't quite on his game in possession even factoring in the conditions.

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 08:24 - Jan 15 with 2205 viewshampstead_blue

A little harsh.

He and Huws have done very well in the last two games

Don't forget that the middle of the park was a mire. So easy to mis-time a tackle and get sent off.
I felt that we were the better team, and a lot of that came from Huws and Downes.

If that's a bad game for him, I'll take that.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Was that a Flynn Downes impersonator tonight on 09:19 - Jan 15 with 2133 viewsitfcjoe

Downes had a good game in there, plus the sort of conditions where you can only mark players up not down in for me

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024