Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. 10:53 - Jan 16 with 21306 viewsgiant_stow

I deserved it, but what stings is how much I'll feel that 150 - middle aged skint smoker boy. Fcking idiot. Kick me again

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:51 - Jan 16 with 2157 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:22 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

Taking illegal drugs is, not that we were discussing illegal drugs so not really sure what your point is.

If you're desperately trying to find something that I've done which is illegal then yes - and I'm sure that applies to everyone on this board.

However, we were talking about encouraging people to run away from crimes.

We weren’t talking about robbing my wife’s till either but hey ho.

So if you were in a pub one night with a gram of Bolivian marching powder in your jeans pocket and plod walked in with the intention of searching people, would you...

A. slip out of the nearest exit?

B. drop your wrap on the floor and kick it under the bench

C. Stand up and say that it’s a fair cop and if you can’t do the time then you shouldn’t have done the crime
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 15:14]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:52 - Jan 16 with 2167 viewsjeera

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:45 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

Cheers Jeer, fair as ever. Your last para is the crux of the matter - pathetic that I haven't got there yet and I know the little one needs me.

Giving up can be hard has hell.

Use patches if you have to - I'm sure they offer a little relief. Anything to take the edge off a bit if it helps.

But as you know, ultimately you just have to make the decision when you feel you can and do it. Stop, no being tempted, no giving in, just sheer stubbornness to see it through.

It does get better. I struggled for months but kept going and am now almost at the 9 year mark.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:53 - Jan 16 with 2158 viewsDebsyAngel

Sorry but I think it's harsh. Why fine you at all - just say to pick it up and dispose of in a bin. And there are not bins everywhere, there should be more. I am not condoning dropping litter, but a fag end compared to endless crisp bags, broken glass and cans/bottles I see on my way home up Bishops Hill are a lot more of an eyesore.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:54 - Jan 16 with 2150 viewsgiant_stow

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:52 - Jan 16 by jeera

Use patches if you have to - I'm sure they offer a little relief. Anything to take the edge off a bit if it helps.

But as you know, ultimately you just have to make the decision when you feel you can and do it. Stop, no being tempted, no giving in, just sheer stubbornness to see it through.

It does get better. I struggled for months but kept going and am now almost at the 9 year mark.

9 years? Played mr - hats off.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:59 - Jan 16 with 2135 viewsjeera

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:54 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

9 years? Played mr - hats off.

I was roughly your age too. So there ya go.

This side of the summer would be a good time.

Give you lots of spare puff for running about with littl'un in the nicer months outdoors.

While you still can.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 15:59 - Jan 16 with 2092 viewshoppy

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:52 - Jan 16 by jeera

Just an additional note for Ulla.. if you don't get on with the patches and try the chewing gum route... please dispose of it properly... it's disgusting the amount of gum that you see on all the pavements everywhere. Worse than fag butts if you ask me.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:01 - Jan 16 with 2087 viewsartsbossbeard

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 15:59 - Jan 16 by hoppy

Just an additional note for Ulla.. if you don't get on with the patches and try the chewing gum route... please dispose of it properly... it's disgusting the amount of gum that you see on all the pavements everywhere. Worse than fag butts if you ask me.

Someone obviously smokes a lot of dog poo whilst walking from the Proveda Garage towards the Chantry Park entrance.

Always loads just chucked on the path.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:04 - Jan 16 with 2070 viewshoppy

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:01 - Jan 16 by artsbossbeard

Someone obviously smokes a lot of dog poo whilst walking from the Proveda Garage towards the Chantry Park entrance.

Always loads just chucked on the path.

Standard brown stuff, or proper retro white poo?

Login to get fewer ads

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:05 - Jan 16 with 2067 viewsartsbossbeard

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:04 - Jan 16 by hoppy

Standard brown stuff, or proper retro white poo?

Brown stuff. Heavy tar.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:06 - Jan 16 with 2057 viewshoppy

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:05 - Jan 16 by artsbossbeard

Brown stuff. Heavy tar.

Animals!

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:10 - Jan 16 with 2034 viewsjeera

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:06 - Jan 16 by hoppy

Animals!

You would hope so.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:11 - Jan 16 with 2029 viewshoppy

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:10 - Jan 16 by jeera

You would hope so.

Obviously, you would hope so, but can't be too sure in that area...

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:14 - Jan 16 with 2013 viewsWD19

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:48 - Jan 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

When we reach the bright anarchist uplands people will no longer want to litter their shared commons and those with statist tendencies such as this will be but a distant memory.......oh how we will laugh....ha ha ha ha ha.

Its true that one of the advantages of no longer being able to feed ourselves is relatively less waste....fair point.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:42 - Jan 16 with 1972 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:14 - Jan 16 by WD19

Its true that one of the advantages of no longer being able to feed ourselves is relatively less waste....fair point.

You have an uppie from Lowhouse.....that is all I have to say!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:55 - Jan 16 with 1956 viewsbluelagos

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 16:11 - Jan 16 by hoppy

Obviously, you would hope so, but can't be too sure in that area...

Next time we meet, ask me about pooing (when on hols) if you don't have access to a toilet...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:08 - Jan 16 with 1934 viewsbluelagos

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:33 - Jan 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Needs to be a decent level of fine to act as a deterrent.

£150 may sound a lot for one offence, but this was probably the 10,000th cig butt he has dropped on the street.

As an ex smoker - I wonder how much some of us would owe if this were back dated?

I smoked pack a day, for 15 years - that's a lot of ciggies. 110k

Say if half ended up on the floor (If you worked outside* and stubbing them all as was the norm)

55k at 150 a pop = That's £8m quid owed.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:39 - Jan 16 with 1901 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:32 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

If you were brought up properly you wouldn't be taking illegal drugs

Everyone's done something illegal once (I've been on a speed awareness course, for example) ...but because of this no-one can say you shouldn't run away from a crime?!

All bets are off then! Viva anarchy!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:43 - Jan 16 with 1893 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:41 - Jan 16 by jeera

No need to be rude.

It's fine to disagree with it, which I do, but we all make mistakes regardless of our wonderful, Poppins-esque upbringings.

Ulla - the fines does sound disproportionate, and I'm with Joe that a quick 50 on the spot would have had the same deterring effect.

Hope you give up the smokes soon though either way. You have kid[s] and so have a responsibility to be around in years to come for them to sponge off and moan at.

"regardless of our wonderful, Poppins-esque upbringings"

Classic TWTD arguing technique. Exaggerate to the nth degree, claim your internet point.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:46 - Jan 16 with 1881 viewsfooters

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:32 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

If you were brought up properly you wouldn't be taking illegal drugs

Legality and morality are two different things entirely. You can be very well brought up and take drugs. Or you can be dragged up and do legal things which are still massively tw@tty. I should know, I do both :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:48 - Jan 16 with 1874 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:51 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

We weren’t talking about robbing my wife’s till either but hey ho.

So if you were in a pub one night with a gram of Bolivian marching powder in your jeans pocket and plod walked in with the intention of searching people, would you...

A. slip out of the nearest exit?

B. drop your wrap on the floor and kick it under the bench

C. Stand up and say that it’s a fair cop and if you can’t do the time then you shouldn’t have done the crime
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 15:14]

Do the police actually walk into pubs and start randomly searching people? Never heard of it myself. Is possession of an amount for personal use even a crime?

Really can't believe we're having this discussion. You're advocating running away from a crime and apparently I'm in the wrong for saying that's not on?

Oh well.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:50 - Jan 16 with 1867 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 14:53 - Jan 16 by DebsyAngel

Sorry but I think it's harsh. Why fine you at all - just say to pick it up and dispose of in a bin. And there are not bins everywhere, there should be more. I am not condoning dropping litter, but a fag end compared to endless crisp bags, broken glass and cans/bottles I see on my way home up Bishops Hill are a lot more of an eyesore.

If there were no fine for littering we'd be knee deep in it.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:51 - Jan 16 with 1863 viewsGaryCooper

The irony is that only the usually law abiding would pay such a fine.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:54 - Jan 16 with 1847 viewsvapour_trail

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:48 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

Do the police actually walk into pubs and start randomly searching people? Never heard of it myself. Is possession of an amount for personal use even a crime?

Really can't believe we're having this discussion. You're advocating running away from a crime and apparently I'm in the wrong for saying that's not on?

Oh well.

Back in the day they did. Pubs and clubs would regularly get raided with mass searches. Remember taking a very quick decision to double drop in some underground bar with one exit in the early 90s when the 5 O made an unexpected appearance.

Ended up having a whale of a time.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 18:01 - Jan 16 with 1835 viewsjeera

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:43 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

"regardless of our wonderful, Poppins-esque upbringings"

Classic TWTD arguing technique. Exaggerate to the nth degree, claim your internet point.

Behave. It was funny.

You were unnecessarily rude to the guy.

Stop looking for an argument.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 18:03 - Jan 16 with 1826 viewsGaryCooper

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 17:50 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

If there were no fine for littering we'd be knee deep in it.

We are, metaphorically, it is a very selective law.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024