Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. 10:53 - Jan 16 with 21298 viewsgiant_stow

I deserved it, but what stings is how much I'll feel that 150 - middle aged skint smoker boy. Fcking idiot. Kick me again

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:16 - Jan 16 with 3961 viewsGeoffSentence

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:11 - Jan 16 by lowhouseblue

but the impact of a £150 fine is so uneven. for some people it is nothing, for the op it's a pain, for someone on a low income it would be a crippling disaster. the effect of a £150 fine feels disproportionate for some people.

True, but how else could you penalise people. It would be nice if you could get them to do some community service instead, say giving up a Saturday to pick up litter, but I doubt that these litter patrol people have the wherewithal to enforce that.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:25 - Jan 16 with 3938 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:11 - Jan 16 by lowhouseblue

but the impact of a £150 fine is so uneven. for some people it is nothing, for the op it's a pain, for someone on a low income it would be a crippling disaster. the effect of a £150 fine feels disproportionate for some people.

If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:27 - Jan 16 with 3934 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:08 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

Fair enough blud.
Another simple working man's pleasure slowly being taken away by the Fun Police.

Wow, the board's anti-drugs evangelist is encouraging smoking!

You couldn't make it up.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:29 - Jan 16 with 3922 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:11 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

Just leg it then. Are they going to bother to chase you?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 11:37]

Is that what we should do when we rob your wife's till?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:30 - Jan 16 with 3921 viewsGeoffSentence

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:08 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

Fair enough blud.
Another simple working man's pleasure slowly being taken away by the Fun Police.

What ? Littering?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:36 - Jan 16 with 3904 viewslowhouseblue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:25 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime.

but if you're rich you can do what you want? tsk, what would jeremy say?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:42 - Jan 16 with 3885 viewsgiant_stow

Money is the easiest way to control people, be that literring, airport taxes or the congestion charge. Forgetitng my strife, I do wish there we'd use rationning instead of cash.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:42 - Jan 16 with 3881 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:25 - Jan 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Have some self respect man.

I’ve plenty of self respect thanks. I don’t smoke (filthy habit) and I don’t litter But Ullaa has explained that he isn’t particularly flushed at the moment so in his position I’d have legged it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:44 - Jan 16 with 3875 viewsgiant_stow

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:37 - Jan 16 by WD19

This pleases me.

Not because you are one of them....but because I can't abide litter and it is about time we did something about it......

Proper deterrents are good. The more people hear about them the better. To me littering is a physical manifestation of the breakdown in society and people not giving a toss about others.

People chucking non-organic waste out of a car should be shot on the spot (and the body disposed of responsibly).
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 11:49]

"To me littering is a physical manifestation of the breakdown in society and people not giving a toss about others."

Well ott!

There are far bigger manisfestations of not giving a toss about others, but they're too uncomfortable to mention.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:53 - Jan 16 with 3836 viewsSitfcB

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:38 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

I’m not condoning what you did but I’d have definitely legged it in your shoes.

You steal shoes? Hmmmm....

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:59 - Jan 16 with 3827 viewsflimflam

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:29 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

Is that what we should do when we rob your wife's till?

Not quite the same thing.

These guys are not police or even work for the council. They will be a private company out for profit and any money gained from fines will not go back into the council pot.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 3819 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:36 - Jan 16 by lowhouseblue

but if you're rich you can do what you want? tsk, what would jeremy say?

Where have I said that?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:03 - Jan 16 with 3816 viewsitfcjoe

That seems incredibly harsh at that level - surely something like £60 would be fairer as still a big enough fine to really notice without potentially crippling you financially which that fine could to a low earner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:04 - Jan 16 with 3809 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:42 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

I’ve plenty of self respect thanks. I don’t smoke (filthy habit) and I don’t litter But Ullaa has explained that he isn’t particularly flushed at the moment so in his position I’d have legged it.

Not being well off is an excuse to break the law?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 3800 viewsNthQldITFC

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:53 - Jan 16 by SitfcB

You steal shoes? Hmmmm....

Very nice

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:11 - Jan 16 with 3769 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:59 - Jan 16 by flimflam

Not quite the same thing.

These guys are not police or even work for the council. They will be a private company out for profit and any money gained from fines will not go back into the council pot.

Not true in many cases. There are litter enforcement officers who work for the council. I've seen them stopping people outside Clapham North Tube.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:12 - Jan 16 with 3768 viewsfactual_blue

You're lucky. Under Factual's Benevolent Dictatorship you'd have a family member imprisoned for an indefinite period.

And no, you don't get to choose who.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:13 - Jan 16 with 3765 viewslowhouseblue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:02 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

Where have I said that?

ah, I think the time honoured response to that is: dolly, dolly, don't ever change.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:15 - Jan 16 with 3762 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:03 - Jan 16 by itfcjoe

That seems incredibly harsh at that level - surely something like £60 would be fairer as still a big enough fine to really notice without potentially crippling you financially which that fine could to a low earner

If you're a low earner maybe you should think twice about littering.*

*Nobody should be littering, rich poor or otherwise. But if you are a low earner it's extra daft doing something illegal that will have a fine attached to it.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:19 - Jan 16 with 3745 viewsfactual_blue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:15 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

*Nobody should be littering, rich poor or otherwise. But if you are a low earner it's extra daft doing something illegal that will have a fine attached to it.

High earners should pay £3000 minimum, and/or have their Range Rover crushed.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:24 - Jan 16 with 3726 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:13 - Jan 16 by lowhouseblue

ah, I think the time honoured response to that is: dolly, dolly, don't ever change.

Translation: Lowers can't answer because I didn't say that.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:26 - Jan 16 with 3721 viewslowhouseblue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:24 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

Translation: Lowers can't answer because I didn't say that.

seriously, don't ever change. the board spectrum would be incomplete without you.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:26 - Jan 16 with 3725 viewsitfcjoe

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:15 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

I wasn't aware that there is a fine of £150 attached to it, I'm sure most people aren't.

It's OTT for a first offence and could really cripple people and is too much

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:28 - Jan 16 with 3714 viewsfactual_blue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:21 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

You're all right of course (the disapprovers and the sympathisers both). Thanks for letting me get off my chest - back to work to the pay the fcker off.

You need to think more about getting the tar off your chest.

And have more consideration about the consequences of passive smoking.

I saw a hearse outside the village undertakers the other day. The coffin was draped with two norwich scarves.

That could have been you.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:30 - Jan 16 with 3698 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 13:26 - Jan 16 by lowhouseblue

seriously, don't ever change. the board spectrum would be incomplete without you.

I wish you'd change rather than being a twonk all the time trying to put words in people's mouths in order to win an internet point.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024