Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. 10:53 - Jan 16 with 21300 viewsgiant_stow

I deserved it, but what stings is how much I'll feel that 150 - middle aged skint smoker boy. Fcking idiot. Kick me again

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:21 - Jan 16 with 2660 viewsgiant_stow

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:16 - Jan 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

More like a £5,000 pay rise before tax.

You're all right of course (the disapprovers and the sympathisers both). Thanks for letting me get off my chest - back to work to the pay the fcker off.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:21 - Jan 16 with 2655 viewstonybied

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:13 - Jan 16 by chicoazul

Yes clearly that is precisely what I mean.

I don't think the fine is specifically designed to stop people from smoking, it's there to stop the dirty litter that some of said people think is fine to drop in the streets. If you happened to see someone getting fined for dropping a empty crisp packet in the street would you take that as the fun police spoiling you being able to enjoy fatty foods or someone being taught that our own litter is our own responsibility?
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:25 - Jan 16 with 2633 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:11 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

Just leg it then. Are they going to bother to chase you?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 11:37]

Have some self respect man.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:32 - Jan 16 with 2596 viewsJakeITFC

£150 seems a ridiculously harsh penalty for that.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:33 - Jan 16 with 2596 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:32 - Jan 16 by JakeITFC

£150 seems a ridiculously harsh penalty for that.

Needs to be a decent level of fine to act as a deterrent.

£150 may sound a lot for one offence, but this was probably the 10,000th cig butt he has dropped on the street.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:34 - Jan 16 with 2589 viewsPiercingBlue

The fine should be much higher
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:35 - Jan 16 with 2591 viewsBasuco

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 10:59 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

2 weeks at a tenner a packet.

Edut: i know... Whats a skunt person doing spendung that money on fags - weak-willed underclass rught here
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 11:01]

A few years ago some guys I worked with went to a hypnotist to stop smoking on the grounds that his fee cost the same as two weeks smoking, so if they started again after that it had not cost them anything. All who went were successful giving up and one was able to puff a dodgy woodbine when he chose to without going back to full time smoking, they were contractors based in Warwickshire somewhere so no details on who they went to.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:37 - Jan 16 with 2579 viewsWD19

This pleases me.

Not because you are one of them....but because I can't abide litter and it is about time we did something about it......

Proper deterrents are good. The more people hear about them the better. To me littering is a physical manifestation of the breakdown in society and people not giving a toss about others.

People chucking non-organic waste out of a car should be shot on the spot (and the body disposed of responsibly).
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 11:49]
Login to get fewer ads

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:38 - Jan 16 with 2571 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:18 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

I thought about running, but there were two of them and one was young and fit - he didn't say a word in the whole process, so I assume he's the chaser. Plus I deserved it.

I’m not condoning what you did but I’d have definitely legged it in your shoes.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:39 - Jan 16 with 2572 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:37 - Jan 16 by WD19

This pleases me.

Not because you are one of them....but because I can't abide litter and it is about time we did something about it......

Proper deterrents are good. The more people hear about them the better. To me littering is a physical manifestation of the breakdown in society and people not giving a toss about others.

People chucking non-organic waste out of a car should be shot on the spot (and the body disposed of responsibly).
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 11:49]

Quite right. Organic waste is fine though

https://www.smh.com.au/world/passengers-urinate-out-of-car-window-while-travelli

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:39 - Jan 16 with 2571 viewsGeoffSentence

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:05 - Jan 16 by Lord_Lucan

The problem is there are no longer any ash tray things on top of bins about. So what are you supposed to do?

You have my sympathies Norwich boy.

Carry something with you to put the buts in? A little tin or something, then take them home and dispose of them properly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:42 - Jan 16 with 2554 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:35 - Jan 16 by Basuco

A few years ago some guys I worked with went to a hypnotist to stop smoking on the grounds that his fee cost the same as two weeks smoking, so if they started again after that it had not cost them anything. All who went were successful giving up and one was able to puff a dodgy woodbine when he chose to without going back to full time smoking, they were contractors based in Warwickshire somewhere so no details on who they went to.

My old man went to a hypnotist, and he seemed to think it had an impact.

He gave up after smoking for 50 years.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:43 - Jan 16 with 2547 viewsJakeITFC

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:33 - Jan 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Needs to be a decent level of fine to act as a deterrent.

£150 may sound a lot for one offence, but this was probably the 10,000th cig butt he has dropped on the street.

I’m not a smoker or a litterer, I just don’t think it is a particularly fair cost to bear for the unlucky people who get caught.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:43 - Jan 16 with 2543 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:39 - Jan 16 by GeoffSentence

Carry something with you to put the buts in? A little tin or something, then take them home and dispose of them properly.

...or a cigarette packet?!

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:43 - Jan 16 with 2548 viewsflimflam

If you had picked it up again he would not have been able to do anything.

Also they have no power to detain you or take your name. Should of just walked away.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:44 - Jan 16 with 2541 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:43 - Jan 16 by JakeITFC

I’m not a smoker or a litterer, I just don’t think it is a particularly fair cost to bear for the unlucky people who get caught.

I couldn't think of anything more appropriate.

Its their choice to take the risk.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:44 - Jan 16 with 2544 viewsGeoffSentence

We all do stuff we shouldn't from time to time, through forgetfulness or pre-occupation or whatever, but it is a good thing that there are heavy fines, and that they are enforced, to encourage those who do it habitually to get out of the habit.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:45 - Jan 16 with 2539 viewsGeoffSentence

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:43 - Jan 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

...or a cigarette packet?!

That might work.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:45 - Jan 16 with 2534 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:45 - Jan 16 by GeoffSentence

That might work.

It does!

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:00 - Jan 16 with 2491 viewsOxford_Blue

It’s hard. On the one hand, it’s a disproportionate sum for a minor offence when far worse things happen and the police aren’t interested. On the other hand, if there aren’t strong penalties then laws are meaningless as people will breach them. I’d just like the local authority to focus more on the things that matter to most people. I wouldn’t be offended by a fag end, on the floor, and I’d hardly notice, but I do mind when it comes to anti social behaviour.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:04 - Jan 16 with 2482 viewsRocky

How times have changed.
When I were a lad, fag butts littered the gutters and pavements everywhere. There was an old down and out in our part of town who used to walk up and down picking up butts and re-rolling the spent tobacco into a fag. Us lads called him Dog-End Dick.
Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:10 - Jan 16 with 2468 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:00 - Jan 16 by Oxford_Blue

It’s hard. On the one hand, it’s a disproportionate sum for a minor offence when far worse things happen and the police aren’t interested. On the other hand, if there aren’t strong penalties then laws are meaningless as people will breach them. I’d just like the local authority to focus more on the things that matter to most people. I wouldn’t be offended by a fag end, on the floor, and I’d hardly notice, but I do mind when it comes to anti social behaviour.

...i dont think they are exclusively focused on people dropping fag ends.

Also, I suspect for most people, littering is an often repeated offence.

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:11 - Jan 16 with 2463 viewslowhouseblue

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:44 - Jan 16 by GeoffSentence

We all do stuff we shouldn't from time to time, through forgetfulness or pre-occupation or whatever, but it is a good thing that there are heavy fines, and that they are enforced, to encourage those who do it habitually to get out of the habit.

but the impact of a £150 fine is so uneven. for some people it is nothing, for the op it's a pain, for someone on a low income it would be a crippling disaster. the effect of a £150 fine feels disproportionate for some people.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 12:13 - Jan 16 with 2458 viewshoppy

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:18 - Jan 16 by giant_stow

I thought about running, but there were two of them and one was young and fit - he didn't say a word in the whole process, so I assume he's the chaser. Plus I deserved it.

Did he look like this?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Leg it? on 12:15 - Jan 16 with 2446 viewsDyland

Just got fined 150 for dropping a fag butt. Kick me. on 11:11 - Jan 16 by GlasgowBlue

Just leg it then. Are they going to bother to chase you?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 11:37]

You do know he has udders. Even I'd be able to catch him.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024