Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow 09:39 - Jan 17 with 2735 viewsSomethingBlue

Keep the same structure, definitely, but Tuesday night was sapping and unless miracles have happened to Tranmere's pitch this will be too, against a team that eventually didn't have to play. Would be neither surprised nor upset to see Skuse and Nolan come in for Huws and Judge from the start. Maybe Jackson up top if he is fit although the hamstring is a big red flag for me, hopefully the right call is made. Wing-back is an area where it might be good to give someone a rest but I don't really see we have the option for that.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 09:42 - Jan 17 with 1946 viewsIpswichKnight

Isn't Nolan coming off an injury as well? Wouldn't be too surprised to see Bishop start and Nolan replace him after 70 minutes. Would also expect one of the centre halves to get a rest and if the hamstring is ok then Jackson comes back in, we missed the pace up top against Oxford.
Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 09:46 - Jan 17 with 1918 viewsSouperJim

Wouldn't be surprised to see either Wilson or Chambers given a rest either, Donacien or possibly Earl to come in.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 09:49 - Jan 17 with 1896 viewsBiGDonnie

Skuse and Nolan in for Judge and Huws is soooooo uninspiring.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 09:50 - Jan 17 with 1888 viewsBlueBadger

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 09:46 - Jan 17 by SouperJim

Wouldn't be surprised to see either Wilson or Chambers given a rest either, Donacien or possibly Earl to come in.

Donacien at CB? Brrrrrr.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 10:10 - Jan 17 with 1826 viewsThe_Realist_09

Would forgive Skuse for Huws albeit slightly negative, however Nolan should be nowhere near the team IMO.
Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 10:11 - Jan 17 with 1823 viewsfactual_blue

But surely this is a must-win game?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 10:18 - Jan 17 with 1807 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nah, stick with the same unless anyone knocks have been picked up.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 10:47 - Jan 17 with 1749 viewsBiGDonnie

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 10:18 - Jan 17 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nah, stick with the same unless anyone knocks have been picked up.

I'd rather see Huws at 90% for 60 minutes than Skuse at 100% for 90!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 10:56 - Jan 17 with 1729 viewsMrTown

Just Jackson for Keane.

No other changes needed.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 10:58 - Jan 17 with 1723 viewsStokieBlue

Nolan stops us playing forwards - I don't particularly want to see him again regardless of how neat and tidy his sideways and backwards passing looks.

Possibly harsh but he just slows us right down.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:00 - Jan 17 with 1713 viewsGuthrum

Keep the team the same, Jackson to come off the bench.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:01 - Jan 17 with 1715 viewsDubtractor

Agree that a couple of changes are fine, but skuse and nolan for huws and judge would be a huge downgrade in creativity, and against a team where we will prob need that spark to pick the holes.

I would be inclined to rest huws, given his horrible few years, but not sure on best replacement. Prob dozzell for his passing.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 11:03]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:03 - Jan 17 with 1701 viewsitfcjoe

2 heavy pitches in 4 days probably isn't wise with Huws so can see Skuse coming in making sense as is going to be little quality on display.

Similar with Jackson if he has a hamstring injury on that pitch, another full week to rest may be best thing for our season - could give Sears a start ahead of Keane, even if that would be harsh on Keane

Doesn't feel a game for Nolan as not sure he'll add any of what we need

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:04 - Jan 17 with 1698 viewsDarth_Koont

Tougher (and longer) than a normal game but the pitch itself was quite firm. In fact one of the ground staff had trouble getting his fork in the ground.

So fingers crossed they won't be too tired and there won't be too many changes. Jackson feels like a no-brainer though as his pace and movement out wide always seem to create so much more space for the team.

Pronouns: He/Him

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:04 - Jan 17 with 1698 viewsStokieBlue

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:00 - Jan 17 by Guthrum

Keep the team the same, Jackson to come off the bench.

I think Jackson absolutely has to start if he's fit (PL says he should be).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:04 - Jan 17 with 1699 viewsBluefish

You don't need to forgive him for a couple of changes. Making a couple tweaks for fitness or form makes completely sense. Wholesale changes for the sake of it didnt make any sense

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:16 - Jan 17 with 1669 viewsGuthrum

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:04 - Jan 17 by StokieBlue

I think Jackson absolutely has to start if he's fit (PL says he should be).

SB

Jackson and Keane, then?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:20 - Jan 17 with 1661 viewsHerbivore

There were some very heavy legs on show late in the game on Tuesday so I'd be fine with a few changes. It's always been the number of changes and constant changes of formation that have been the issue rather than normal rotation.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:33 - Jan 17 with 1623 viewsSouperJim

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 09:50 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

Donacien at CB? Brrrrrr.

I agree, but if we're sticking with 3 at the back it's got to happen some time as we're not exactly bristling with cover and Chambers is starting to look like he's running through treacle these days.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:35 - Jan 17 with 1622 viewsHerbivore

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:01 - Jan 17 by Dubtractor

Agree that a couple of changes are fine, but skuse and nolan for huws and judge would be a huge downgrade in creativity, and against a team where we will prob need that spark to pick the holes.

I would be inclined to rest huws, given his horrible few years, but not sure on best replacement. Prob dozzell for his passing.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 11:03]

Last time we played Dozzer and Downes together we conceded 5 at Lincoln. I think they're too lightweight to play together at the minute, esepcially away from home.

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:37 - Jan 17 with 1616 viewsHerbivore

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:33 - Jan 17 by SouperJim

I agree, but if we're sticking with 3 at the back it's got to happen some time as we're not exactly bristling with cover and Chambers is starting to look like he's running through treacle these days.

Donacien should do fine on the right of a back three. He's played absolutely fine when called on this season, I don't get the negativity towards him. He's probably never going to be a first team regular here but he's decent cover and hasn't rarely let us down when played.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 12:50]

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 12:13 - Jan 17 with 1568 viewsBlueBadger

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:35 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Last time we played Dozzer and Downes together we conceded 5 at Lincoln. I think they're too lightweight to play together at the minute, esepcially away from home.

Yes, but the alternative is playing Someone Who Was Bought By Mick.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 12:23 - Jan 17 with 1552 viewsBlueBadger

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 11:37 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Donacien should do fine on the right of a back three. He's played absolutely fine when called on this season, I don't get the negativity towards him. He's probably never going to be a first team regular here but he's decent cover and hasn't rarely let us down when played.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 12:50]

He's a solid and reliable third division full back, nothing more, nothing less.

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 12:33 - Jan 17 with 1532 viewsDubtractor

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 12:13 - Jan 17 by BlueBadger

Yes, but the alternative is playing Someone Who Was Bought By Mick.

One of your more pointless posts. You're better than this buh.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 12:34 - Jan 17 with 1524 viewsBlueBadger

Would definitely forgive Lambert a couple of changes tomorrow on 12:33 - Jan 17 by Dubtractor

One of your more pointless posts. You're better than this buh.

Pffft, are you new here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024