Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this because.... 10:13 - Feb 29 with 43853 viewshampstead_blue

....a middle aged white, privileged, probably Oxbridge man in a safe job for life cannot accept working for a very determined and strong woman?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51687287

She has clearly taken away his power base and he does not like it one bit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 with 5637 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 12:39 - Feb 29 by bazgammon

Disgusting comment. People have been banned for using such language on here. Interesting that 'identity politics' is a one way street for the left like Herbivore. Pathetic.

A use of strong words, for sure. But sadly for the people who work under her, and literally millions of people who are victim to her hateful policies, there seems to be some truth to those strong words.

I don’t understand how people can be so tribal that they actually support her. Her track record should be ample evidence anyone needs to understand she’s no good.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this because.... on 12:50 - Feb 29 with 5632 viewsfooters

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 by bazgammon

You are a hypocrite. You have reported and were 'offended' by the likes of Benters and others on this forum in the past for 'abusive' language, (well anybody who differs from your hard left politics!) yet you feel YOU can call somebody you don't even know a ***t on here. You need to show some respect just because someone doesn't share your politics what gives you the right to call them that? Yes, I have reported that post as abuse because it is.

I'm sure Priti will feel awful when she sees her being called that on an Ipswich Town forum. Some of you proper blokes ain't half soft.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is this because.... on 12:53 - Feb 29 with 5613 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 by Swansea_Blue

A use of strong words, for sure. But sadly for the people who work under her, and literally millions of people who are victim to her hateful policies, there seems to be some truth to those strong words.

I don’t understand how people can be so tribal that they actually support her. Her track record should be ample evidence anyone needs to understand she’s no good.

He doesn't give a stuff about that, he's just offering up some faux indignation to try to have a dig.

It's the usual shallow nonsense.

As you say, the woman is a spiteful creature which is fine, apparently, just don't say it or one or 2 people might cry.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is this because.... on 12:56 - Feb 29 with 5591 viewsjeera

You are a hypocrite. You have reported and were 'offended' by the likes of Benters and others on this forum in the past for 'abusive' language, (well anybody who differs from your hard left politics!) yet you feel YOU can call somebody you don't even know a ***t on here. You need to show some respect just because someone doesn't share your politics what gives you the right to call them that? Yes, I have reported that post as abuse because it is.

"Don't call Stalin any nasty names, you don't know the real person behind the politician!"

You snowflakes are all the same.

Is this because.... on 13:01 - Feb 29 with 5570 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 by Swansea_Blue

It's absurd.

One minute this lot are knocking the kid Greta for having middle-class parents, then the next they're celebrating some politician who hates the working class.

Is this because.... on 13:03 - Feb 29 with 5555 viewseireblue

I didn’t know you knew Geta’s parents and Jess Phillips.
Is this because.... on 13:03 - Feb 29 with 5558 viewsTrequartista

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 by jeera

Those aren't the only definitions though are they.

If someone's abusing their position then that's it.

But you know that.

I don't know the details of the specific case so i'm not rushing to judgment like the op, it could well be a case for constructive dismissal, but in general terms is shouting and swearing really bullying? If we widen the definition so much we start watering down the seriousness of its more extreme nature.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is this because.... on 13:05 - Feb 29 with 5544 viewsbazgammon

Is this because.... on 12:48 - Feb 29 by jeera

Any views on the actual subject or have you just dropped by to add your usual attacks on certain posters?

Attacks? I'm not calling a very successful, intelligent lady from Indian heritage a K**t because she is trying to get things done (which you don't like politically) because she is being thwarted by the very characters Hampstead pointed out. Just highlighting the hypocrisy on this board which has a clear bias to those of a left wing/anti Brexit/anti tory/anti trump view on the football comments section on here. I noticed you had a tantrum and hissy fit when I dared to criticise Greta the other day, but i didnt revert to using language as K**t. towards your heroine. ...Seems one rule for the one and one for others.

Poll: Lambert

Login to get fewer ads

Is this because.... on 13:08 - Feb 29 with 5526 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 13:03 - Feb 29 by Trequartista

I don't know the details of the specific case so i'm not rushing to judgment like the op, it could well be a case for constructive dismissal, but in general terms is shouting and swearing really bullying? If we widen the definition so much we start watering down the seriousness of its more extreme nature.

Well you're speculating yourself there now.

There's been other reports of her behaviour and Rutnam's been in the game for a very long time.

From the BBC site:

Here is his statement in full:

"I have this morning resigned as permanent secretary of the Home Office.

I take this decision with great regret after a career of 33 years.

I am making this statement now because I will be issuing a claim against the Home Office for constructive dismissal.

In the last 10 days, I have been the target of a vicious and orchestrated briefing campaign.

It has been alleged that I have briefed the media against the home secretary.

This - along with many other claims - is completely false.

The home secretary categorically denied any involvement in this campaign to the Cabinet Office.

I regret I do not believe her.

She has not made the efforts I would expect to dissociate herself from the comments.

Even despite this campaign I was willing to effect a reconciliation with the home secretary, as requested by the cabinet secretary on behalf of the prime minister.

But despite my efforts to engage with her, Priti Patel has made no effort to engage with me to discuss this.

I believe that these events give me very strong grounds to claim constructive, unfair dismissal - and I will be pursuing that claim in the courts.

My experience has been extreme but I consider that there is evidence that it is part of a wider pattern of behaviour.

One of my duties as permanent secretary was to protect the health, safety and well-being of our 35,000 people.

This created tension with the home secretary, and I have encouraged her to change her behaviours.

I have received allegations that her conduct has included shouting and swearing, belittling people, making unreasonable and repeated demands - behaviour that created fear and that needed some bravery to call out.

I know that resigning in this way will have very serious implications for me personally. The Cabinet Office offered me a financial settlement that would have avoided this outcome.

I am aware that there will continue to be briefing against me now I have made this decision, but I am hopeful that at least it may not now be directed to my colleagues or the department.

This has been a very difficult decision but I hope that my stand may help in maintaining the quality of government in our country, which includes hundreds of thousands of civil servants loyally dedicated to delivering this government's agenda.

I will make no further comment at this stage."

That doesn't sound unreasonable; measured enough and clearly strongly felt. As you say, we shall see in due course no doubt.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 13:09]

Is this because.... on 13:11 - Feb 29 with 5508 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 13:05 - Feb 29 by bazgammon

Attacks? I'm not calling a very successful, intelligent lady from Indian heritage a K**t because she is trying to get things done (which you don't like politically) because she is being thwarted by the very characters Hampstead pointed out. Just highlighting the hypocrisy on this board which has a clear bias to those of a left wing/anti Brexit/anti tory/anti trump view on the football comments section on here. I noticed you had a tantrum and hissy fit when I dared to criticise Greta the other day, but i didnt revert to using language as K**t. towards your heroine. ...Seems one rule for the one and one for others.

FFS. Patel has made a career out it.

Thinking there could be a valid comparison between Thunberg and Patel shows how ridiculously and tribally you take this stuff.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is this because.... on 13:18 - Feb 29 with 5494 viewsNo9

Do you understand 'constructive dismissal' ?
Is this because.... on 13:20 - Feb 29 with 5476 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 13:01 - Feb 29 by jeera

It's absurd.

One minute this lot are knocking the kid Greta for having middle-class parents, then the next they're celebrating some politician who hates the working class.

It’s why I don’t have Twitter or Facebook accounts or ready the opinion/comments in the Mail/Express/Sun/Torygraph, etc. These pile ons of outrage and jingoism all have a familiar ring to them; people are getting them from somewhere. No doubt there’s a huge love in for Priti and how she’s ‘smashing the system’, ‘sticking it to the liberal elites’, ‘draining the swamp’, etc. I know there is because we’re seeing the stock phrasing popping up on here. The same language and approach Trump was using 4-5 yrs ago.

Is this because.... on 13:28 - Feb 29 with 5467 viewsTrequartista

Is this because.... on 10:14 - Feb 29 by Herbivore

No, it's because Priti Patel is a hateful ****.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Abuse of a female person of colour is automatically racist as we all know through the case of Diane Abbott, but thankfully in this instance its not because you happen to disagree with Priti Patel.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 13:29]

Is this because.... on 13:29 - Feb 29 with 5456 viewsSwansea_Blue

You don’t even know what this is about do you? Have you watched the resignation statement? That’s either a ‘no’ and you still need to understand the issue, or you’re a supporter of workplace bullying.

Is this because.... on 13:32 - Feb 29 with 5453 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 12:46 - Feb 29 by J2BLUE

I think the Op knows he overplayed is hand before the election and this is the latest attempt at changing the common opinion of him. I think he probably expected this to go over much better with a certain section of the site.

Interesting.
I do think the election bought out a lot of real hatred in JC and his terror loving mates. I can't forgive that and to have someone like that near power is terrifying.

Like other, I have skin in that game so if my anger came through, and it did, then so be it. It shows how much I care about my former mates.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Is this because.... on 13:34 - Feb 29 with 5440 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 13:32 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

Interesting.
I do think the election bought out a lot of real hatred in JC and his terror loving mates. I can't forgive that and to have someone like that near power is terrifying.

Like other, I have skin in that game so if my anger came through, and it did, then so be it. It shows how much I care about my former mates.

To be fair, at least you don't hide your wonky agenda.

Is this because.... on 13:36 - Feb 29 with 5432 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 13:28 - Feb 29 by Trequartista

Abuse of a female person of colour is automatically racist as we all know through the case of Diane Abbott, but thankfully in this instance its not because you happen to disagree with Priti Patel.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 13:29]

?

Not quite sure why people are tying themselves in knots over this.

Is this because.... on 13:45 - Feb 29 with 5411 viewsSpruceMoose

Is this because.... on 12:06 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

My accident was not quote so.
It was implied in the background and in my reply to herbivore.

We all talk without deep and Def info. It's all with a slight amount of judgement and guessing

I'm not saying she is an angel. You don't get that far without sharp elbows and pointed shoes. Especially if you are a woman of race.

Vapour trail saw it as misogynistic and racist which was also implied. I didn't make my reply as clear as I ought to have. Sorry.

If it had been Dianne then this place would be melting. I'm agnostic in the op. Had to believe but true.

Everything you post on here is hard to believe to be honest mate.

And seldom true.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is this because.... on 13:50 - Feb 29 with 5398 viewsSpruceMoose

This is a truly special post. Amazing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Is this because.... on 13:58 - Feb 29 with 5376 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 13:32 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

Interesting.

" JC and his terror loving mates". You cannot help yourself can you?

Do you ever read your own crap that you post?

Do you never wonder why normal people on this site are constantly bewildered at the stuff you repeat?

Is this because.... on 13:59 - Feb 29 with 5371 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 13:45 - Feb 29 by SpruceMoose

Everything you post on here is hard to believe to be honest mate.

And seldom true.

utter codswallop.

Is this because.... on 14:04 - Feb 29 with 5366 viewsTrequartista

Is this because.... on 13:36 - Feb 29 by Darth_Koont

?

Not quite sure why people are tying themselves in knots over this.

It's clear hypocrisy. Only the other day I had an amicable argument with you over whether Abbott's abuse was because she was incompetent or because she was a black woman and now you're upvoting an abusive post at Patel!
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 14:04]

Is this because.... on 14:10 - Feb 29 with 5346 viewsEastTownBlue

Is this because.... on 13:58 - Feb 29 by jeera

" JC and his terror loving mates". You cannot help yourself can you?

Do you ever read your own crap that you post?

Do you never wonder why normal people on this site are constantly bewildered at the stuff you repeat?

The OP, having received a whopping -24 for the post accusing Kier Starmer politicising a very serious situation about his now late mother in law, won’t have any concern about that.
Is this because.... on 14:10 - Feb 29 with 5342 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 14:04 - Feb 29 by Trequartista

It's clear hypocrisy. Only the other day I had an amicable argument with you over whether Abbott's abuse was because she was incompetent or because she was a black woman and now you're upvoting an abusive post at Patel!
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 14:04]

Because Abbott has suffered more racist abuse than anyone else. People talking about her incompetence need to show that they apply the same to others which invariably they don't.

But that's by the by as this is a situation where a high-level civil servant is calling her out as a "hateful k%€&" but in politer terms. So it's a bit more specific. However, I'm equally comfortable calling Raab a hateful k"#& too if you need to see some balance.

Is this because.... on 14:12 - Feb 29 with 5327 viewseireblue

Is this because.... on 13:59 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

utter codswallop.

Not really.

On many occasions you have posted things that are not accurate, or simply stated without any evidence.

So, if you can post in accurate information more than once, then anything you post should be taken with a degree of skepticism.

So you see, even in using the word “utter” you have posted somewhat of an exaggeration.
Which doesn’t really help your case.

As an example Sprucey used the word seldom, which is likely to be more accurate, since it concedes that sometimes you could post something accurate, rather than your unequivocal “utter codswallop”, based on evidence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024