Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this because.... 10:13 - Feb 29 with 43843 viewshampstead_blue

....a middle aged white, privileged, probably Oxbridge man in a safe job for life cannot accept working for a very determined and strong woman?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51687287

She has clearly taken away his power base and he does not like it one bit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is this because.... on 11:40 - Feb 29 with 4991 viewsHARRY10

Is this because.... on 11:11 - Feb 29 by bobwya

I know I'm an old fashioned guy but whatever your opinions of an individual it is still a disgusting comment to make on a public forum

Whereas

" "I would have told the EU in particular to sod off with their excessive financial demands""

is quite a suitable comment to make from a minister - one who was 'sacked' through having clandestine meetings with Isreal

And those payments are now being made.

Not the most competent person to have in government, is she ?
Is this because.... on 11:42 - Feb 29 with 4986 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 11:40 - Feb 29 by Lord_Lucan

She's quite foxy though isn't she.

Annoyingly so

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this because.... on 11:44 - Feb 29 with 4976 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 11:02 - Feb 29 by bobwya

Of course you know her so well you feel able to make such a disgusting comment

There are even entire web pages dedicated to explaining why he may well be right:

https://gal-dem.com/everything-horrible-priti-patel-has-smirked-at-said-and-done

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Is this because.... on 11:47 - Feb 29 with 4959 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 11:44 - Feb 29 by jeera

There are even entire web pages dedicated to explaining why he may well be right:

https://gal-dem.com/everything-horrible-priti-patel-has-smirked-at-said-and-done

And countless personal testimonies. Given her past ‘performance’ and actions, she shouldn’t be anywhere near a position of authority. She (like her boss) is literally considered a national security risk.

She’s only there because she sold her soul for a position in government.

Is this because.... on 11:48 - Feb 29 with 4960 viewssparks

Is this because.... on 10:40 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

again, not at all.

He resigns claiming constructive dismissal because a very strong woman comes in and has taken away his power base.

I think there could be a bit of 'do you know who I am?' in this. Don't forget he's a man used to sitting at the top. I think PP has simply knocked him and he's toppled.

It's nothing to do the BJ or anything like that Harry. I'm looking at this one thing. It is provocative I know, the situation, not the post, but I quite like to see the old guard shaken a bit.

I think there could be a serious amount of complacency at his level. That's all.

You have no evidence for that conclusion. Which suggests you are simply trying to show the party in good light.

Pp supports death penalty ffs.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Is this because.... on 11:48 - Feb 29 with 4955 viewsDarth_Koont

The path of least resistance suggests that a politician who is renowned for being untrustworthy, provocative and callous is still being untrustworthy, provocative and callous.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is this because.... on 11:52 - Feb 29 with 4942 viewsGuthrum

Is this because.... on 11:21 - Feb 29 by WeWereZombies

I guess making Amber Rudd and Theresa May seem reasonable and considerate is quite an achievement...

He worked for Mandelson at one point, too ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is this because.... on 12:00 - Feb 29 with 4928 viewsLeoMuff

Bit of a theme with Sajid Javid and now Rutnam, sounds more like he is prepared d to whistle blow on her bullying behaviour from the reports.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Is this because.... on 12:02 - Feb 29 with 4924 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 11:52 - Feb 29 by Guthrum

He worked for Mandelson at one point, too ...

I did wonder who he’d worked for - there have been quite a few controlling and difficult ministers over the years, so presumably this won’t be the first time he’s faced a challenge. The idea he’s suddenly come up against a strong personality for the first time, as if he’s some wet behind the ears intern, is quite preposterous.

Is this because.... on 12:06 - Feb 29 with 4913 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 11:08 - Feb 29 by WD19

My partner went to school with her and I can confirm the statement was entirely accurate.

I do think HB has accidentally raised an interesting point though. If the boot had been on the other foot ppl would be calling prejudice all over the shop.

My accident was not quote so.
It was implied in the background and in my reply to herbivore.

We all talk without deep and Def info. It's all with a slight amount of judgement and guessing

I'm not saying she is an angel. You don't get that far without sharp elbows and pointed shoes. Especially if you are a woman of race.

Vapour trail saw it as misogynistic and racist which was also implied. I didn't make my reply as clear as I ought to have. Sorry.

If it had been Dianne then this place would be melting. I'm agnostic in the op. Had to believe but true.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Is this because.... on 12:09 - Feb 29 with 4902 viewsvapour_trail

Is this because.... on 12:06 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

We all talk without deep and Def info. It's all with a slight amount of judgement and guessing

I'm not saying she is an angel. You don't get that far without sharp elbows and pointed shoes. Especially if you are a woman of race.

Vapour trail saw it as misogynistic and racist which was also implied. I didn't make my reply as clear as I ought to have. Sorry.

If it had been Dianne then this place would be melting. I'm agnostic in the op. Had to believe but true.

I didn’t really, I assumed you were just out from a Saturday morning spot of trolling.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Is this because.... on 12:11 - Feb 29 with 4895 viewsjeera

I think most people who dislike her, listen to her and read her views and the policies she backs.

Maybe take a nose at her record then repost your thoughts.

It was a bizarre angle to just take a pop at Rutnam and excuse her by any lengths you could come up with.

Is this because.... on 12:11 - Feb 29 with 4895 viewsSomethingBlue

You're not, you're just trying to look after your own.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Is this because.... on 12:14 - Feb 29 with 4880 viewsLord_Lucan

Is this because.... on 11:48 - Feb 29 by sparks

You have no evidence for that conclusion. Which suggests you are simply trying to show the party in good light.

I think this is my problem with her.

I don't buy all this stuff about bullying because let's face it we really have absolutely no idea what goes on behind the scenes but although she has conveniently changed her mind about the death penalty I cannot engage with anyone who has ever been in favour of it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Is this because.... on 12:16 - Feb 29 with 4865 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 12:14 - Feb 29 by Lord_Lucan

I think this is my problem with her.

I don't buy all this stuff about bullying because let's face it we really have absolutely no idea what goes on behind the scenes but although she has conveniently changed her mind about the death penalty I cannot engage with anyone who has ever been in favour of it.

It gives an insight to one's character Lucers.

You can tell a lot about a person by their views on the DP.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 12:18]

Is this because.... on 12:25 - Feb 29 with 4829 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 11:48 - Feb 29 by sparks

Please read the post. I used the word "think". Of course we don't have Def info.
We think about the reasons based on our own knowledge and reasoning.

Is this because.... on 12:25 - Feb 29 with 4829 viewseireblue

“ He resigns claiming constructive dismissal because a very strong woman comes in and has taken away his power base.

I think there could be a bit of 'do you know who I am?' in this. Don't forget he's a man used to sitting at the top. I think PP has simply knocked him and he's toppled. “

“I think there could be a serious amount of complacency at his level. That's all.”

These are not statements someone agnostic would make.

You are biased on the topic.
Is this because.... on 12:32 - Feb 29 with 4814 viewsHARRY10

"You don't get that far without sharp elbows and pointed shoes"

Mo Mowlem ?

A usual requirement is competence and trespect. This woman possesses neither. As I doubt Edwina Currie was promoted to the level she was through either of the above.

For those who know about WW2 they will be aware of one of the reasons Eisenhower was appointed ro overall control...with limited battle experience.

JHe could get things done. Almost always with the carrot not the stick. By building bridges, not walls.

Patel is clearly way out of her depth as previous positions have shown. The clip were clearly she doesn't even know the difference between counter terroris

m and terrorism should be enough to get the measure of her limitations. But the wholly unworkable points system of immigration should confirm that. It smacks of Thatcher and the Poll Tax when she had began to believe it actually was her, not others. Then we saw the real incopetent as she pushed for Football club membership.

To paraphrase the quote. You don't keep falling out and making mistakes without there being something wrong with you.
Is this because.... on 12:36 - Feb 29 with 4802 viewssparks

Is this because.... on 12:25 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

Please read the post. I used the word "think". Of course we don't have Def info.
We think about the reasons based on our own knowledge and reasoning.

No. The time to think something is when there is an evidential basis. Before that its mindless speculation.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Is this because.... on 12:39 - Feb 29 with 4790 viewsbazgammon

Is this because.... on 10:14 - Feb 29 by Herbivore

No, it's because Priti Patel is a hateful ****.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Disgusting comment. People have been banned for using such language on here. Interesting that 'identity politics' is a one way street for the left like Herbivore. Pathetic.

Poll: Lambert

Is this because.... on 12:39 - Feb 29 with 4791 viewsTrequartista

How can you be bullied by Priti Patel? I can't imagine her flushing someone's head down a toilet or giving someone a wedgie.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is this because.... on 12:46 - Feb 29 with 4775 viewsJ2BLUE

I think the Op knows he overplayed is hand before the election and this is the latest attempt at changing the common opinion of him. I think he probably expected this to go over much better with a certain section of the site.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is this because.... on 12:48 - Feb 29 with 4763 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 12:39 - Feb 29 by bazgammon

Disgusting comment. People have been banned for using such language on here. Interesting that 'identity politics' is a one way street for the left like Herbivore. Pathetic.

Any views on the actual subject or have you just dropped by to add your usual attacks on certain posters?

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 with 4761 viewsbazgammon

Is this because.... on 11:22 - Feb 29 by Herbivore

Dry your eyes mate.

You are a hypocrite. You have reported and were 'offended' by the likes of Benters and others on this forum in the past for 'abusive' language, (well anybody who differs from your hard left politics!) yet you feel YOU can call somebody you don't even know a ***t on here. You need to show some respect just because someone doesn't share your politics what gives you the right to call them that? Yes, I have reported that post as abuse because it is.

Poll: Lambert

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 with 4756 viewsjeera

Is this because.... on 12:39 - Feb 29 by Trequartista

How can you be bullied by Priti Patel? I can't imagine her flushing someone's head down a toilet or giving someone a wedgie.

Those aren't the only definitions though are they.

If someone's abusing their position then that's it.

But you know that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024