Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this because.... 10:13 - Feb 29 with 43844 viewshampstead_blue

....a middle aged white, privileged, probably Oxbridge man in a safe job for life cannot accept working for a very determined and strong woman?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51687287

She has clearly taken away his power base and he does not like it one bit.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Is this because.... on 14:18 - Feb 29 with 4219 viewsTrequartista

Is this because.... on 14:10 - Feb 29 by Darth_Koont

Because Abbott has suffered more racist abuse than anyone else. People talking about her incompetence need to show that they apply the same to others which invariably they don't.

But that's by the by as this is a situation where a high-level civil servant is calling her out as a "hateful k%€&" but in politer terms. So it's a bit more specific. However, I'm equally comfortable calling Raab a hateful k"#& too if you need to see some balance.

It wasn't about racist abuse. It was about non-racist abuse (e.g. people continually calling her out as absolutely hopeless) being racist because she is a black woman.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Is this because.... on 14:49 - Feb 29 with 4165 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 14:18 - Feb 29 by Trequartista

It wasn't about racist abuse. It was about non-racist abuse (e.g. people continually calling her out as absolutely hopeless) being racist because she is a black woman.

There’s a dossier thicker than some of the arguments on this thread of the racist abuse Abbott has received (however inept she is or isn’t). Not that that’s got anything to do with bullying accusations against the current hapless home sec.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this because.... on 15:56 - Feb 29 with 4126 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 14:12 - Feb 29 by eireblue

Not really.

On many occasions you have posted things that are not accurate, or simply stated without any evidence.

So, if you can post in accurate information more than once, then anything you post should be taken with a degree of skepticism.

So you see, even in using the word “utter” you have posted somewhat of an exaggeration.
Which doesn’t really help your case.

As an example Sprucey used the word seldom, which is likely to be more accurate, since it concedes that sometimes you could post something accurate, rather than your unequivocal “utter codswallop”, based on evidence.

How on earth can you think anyone on here can offer the type of 'def info evidence' people demand?

If we had access to that level of evidence we'd be world class detectives.

Some do need to be realistic and accept judgement and thought.
Simply asking for 100% proof is a base reply.

Utter codswallop is my opinion of the post to which it related too.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Is this because.... on 16:16 - Feb 29 with 4096 viewseireblue

Is this because.... on 15:56 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

How on earth can you think anyone on here can offer the type of 'def info evidence' people demand?

If we had access to that level of evidence we'd be world class detectives.

Some do need to be realistic and accept judgement and thought.
Simply asking for 100% proof is a base reply.

Utter codswallop is my opinion of the post to which it related too.

In this context, you simply wait for the tribunal process to conclude.

Otherwise you are just posting “mindless speculation”.

Sprucey seemed to be referring to the entirety of your posting, you’re still not doing a good job of proving his assertion wrong.
Is this because.... on 16:32 - Feb 29 with 4077 viewsmrshallisfit

Is this because.... on 10:23 - Feb 29 by hampstead_blue

I had hoped you may see this in the context from which it was posted.

Powerful woman runs one of the great offices of state, she is not white. Butts heads with man, as described, he resigns claiming constructive dismissal....

If that had been Dianne what you you then say?

Take the red/blue out of it. PP is shaking the tree and I like it.

Id thought you'd like it. You have the same moral compass as dear little Priti.
Is this because.... on 18:17 - Feb 29 with 4044 viewstractordownsouth

Is this because.... on 12:39 - Feb 29 by bazgammon

Disgusting comment. People have been banned for using such language on here. Interesting that 'identity politics' is a one way street for the left like Herbivore. Pathetic.

Funny how being a snowflake is a one way street for a lot of people on the right

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Is this because.... on 18:19 - Feb 29 with 4039 viewstractordownsouth

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 by bazgammon

You are a hypocrite. You have reported and were 'offended' by the likes of Benters and others on this forum in the past for 'abusive' language, (well anybody who differs from your hard left politics!) yet you feel YOU can call somebody you don't even know a ***t on here. You need to show some respect just because someone doesn't share your politics what gives you the right to call them that? Yes, I have reported that post as abuse because it is.

Ah yes, the classic “ anyone who disagrees with me is hard left” tactic

Is this because.... on 20:02 - Feb 29 with 4014 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 12:49 - Feb 29 by bazgammon

You are a hypocrite. You have reported and were 'offended' by the likes of Benters and others on this forum in the past for 'abusive' language, (well anybody who differs from your hard left politics!) yet you feel YOU can call somebody you don't even know a ***t on here. You need to show some respect just because someone doesn't share your politics what gives you the right to call them that? Yes, I have reported that post as abuse because it is.

I never reported Benters for abuse, despite many of his posts being abusive and/or offensive. Dry your eyes.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 17:04]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Is this because.... on 09:57 - Mar 1 with 3947 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 11:40 - Feb 29 by Lord_Lucan

She's quite foxy though isn't she.

If you dig fat, evil chicks.

Is this because.... on 14:04 - Mar 1 with 3895 viewsHARRY10

Is this because.... on 09:57 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

It appears it's not as the O[ would have us believe.

To take this to a tribunal would suggest that Rutman is telling the truth. Why risk everything when there is evidence to disprove his claim. More so when the onus will be on him to prove his case.

The fact that he was offered a 'payoff' further adds to that suggestion. .Something that smacks of wantingnto hush things up as it would have doubtlessly included a confidentiality clause.

This does also point towards this being used as a test case - and a chance for the executive to be held accountable. That won't sit well with brexiteers as they have long held that the lawful democratic process is there to serve their needs not the interest of the whole populace.

It should prove an interesting insight into the workings of number 10 as it seeks to function on the basis of 'speak out and we will sack you'. Not the best way to run a government, as two very prominent resignations give evidence to.
Is this because.... on 14:23 - Mar 1 with 3886 viewsHARRY10

Is this because.... on 09:57 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Ones who have no shame in blatantly lying either

any wonder Johnson thought she would be suitable for the job

........................ having previously resigned for being 'less than honest' about things

as did he
Is this because.... on 16:59 - Mar 1 with 3854 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 20:02 - Feb 29 by Herbivore

I never reported Benters for abuse, despite many of his posts being abusive and/or offensive. Dry your eyes.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 17:04]

Pot and kettle.

Don't forget your own vile posts which had to be removed.......

Is this because.... on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 3849 viewsr2d2

Agreed. They probably all needed a good kick up the @rse. Bit like a football team l know.
Is this because.... on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 3845 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 16:59 - Mar 1 by hampstead_blue

Pot and kettle.

Don't forget your own vile posts which had to be removed.......

Eh? You're making stuff up again.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 17:03]

Is this because.... on 17:06 - Mar 1 with 3843 viewshampstead_blue

Is this because.... on 16:16 - Feb 29 by eireblue

In this context, you simply wait for the tribunal process to conclude.

Otherwise you are just posting “mindless speculation”.

Sprucey seemed to be referring to the entirety of your posting, you’re still not doing a good job of proving his assertion wrong.

Not sure it's 'mindless'...it is normal for one to wonder what happens in such scenarios.

At the gym today I was handed the Sunday Mail....I know, I had asked for the other paper they had....
Anyhow, why not I thought, let's see who's coming over the hills to attack us..

There was a double page spread on this. Apparently this chap has form. His track record, according to the Daily Mail, is one of much failure swept away by his effortless skill to throw juniors under whatever bus was required.

He was at the HO when Windrush happened, Amber Rudd asked for data, over and over again....He ignored.......two weeks after she was fired he then released it!

Now don't all shoot.....I'm telling you what the Daily Mail had to say.

If you take a pinch of salt, and try and objective, this chap is a highly paid, £170k I think I read, career civil servant who is used to getting his own way.

I'm more leaning toward the likelihood that he went toe to toe with Ms P and lost.
Not used to losing he simply didn't know what to do....credibility lost...Weakened position. 33 years final salary pension.....why not leave and slam the door by going to a tribunal....

Ok, you can all fire away now. But don't forget if it had been your darling Dianne you'd melt the board...

Is this because.... on 17:27 - Mar 1 with 3811 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 17:06 - Mar 1 by hampstead_blue

Not sure it's 'mindless'...it is normal for one to wonder what happens in such scenarios.

At the gym today I was handed the Sunday Mail....I know, I had asked for the other paper they had....

There was a double page spread on this. Apparently this chap has form. His track record, according to the Daily Mail, is one of much failure swept away by his effortless skill to throw juniors under whatever bus was required.

He was at the HO when Windrush happened, Amber Rudd asked for data, over and over again....He ignored.......two weeks after she was fired he then released it!

If you take a pinch of salt, and try and objective, this chap is a highly paid, £170k I think I read, career civil servant who is used to getting his own way.

I'm more leaning toward the likelihood that he went toe to toe with Ms P and lost.
Not used to losing he simply didn't know what to do....credibility lost...Weakened position. 33 years final salary pension.....why not leave and slam the door by going to a tribunal....

Ok, you can all fire away now. But don't forget if it had been your darling Dianne you'd melt the board...

Is this because.... on 17:50 - Mar 1 with 3794 viewsDarth_Koont

Is this because.... on 17:27 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

Of all the hills to die on he picks Priti Patel.

That's not a fat joke by the way.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is this because.... on 18:03 - Mar 1 with 3765 viewseireblue

..my Dianne Abbott? What a weird notion.

Did you manage to post any evidence of her poor record as a constituency MP?

“... over the hills to attack us...”

Oh dear boy, what have they got you believing.
Is this because.... on 18:37 - Mar 1 with 3736 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Is this because.... on 10:14 - Feb 29 by Herbivore

No, it's because Priti Patel is a hateful ****.

This post has been edited by an administrator

She's fantastic. And a good looking woman to boot.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Is this because.... on 18:43 - Mar 1 with 3732 viewsGaryCooper

Is this because.... on 10:25 - Feb 29 by Guthrum

I doubt it. He was in position at the Home Office under Amber Rudd, with Theresa May as PM.

He also took a senior job at the Department of Transport under Justine Greening, in 2012.

Plus he started his Civil Service career while Thatcher was PM.
[Post edited 29 Feb 2020 10:35]

The home office that continually fails, perhaps he was part of that failure?
Is this because.... on 18:46 - Mar 1 with 3720 viewsfooters

Is this because.... on 18:43 - Mar 1 by GaryCooper

Or perhaps because it's the largest, most complicated Department of State, meaning someone of his experience would be invaluable in running it?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Is this because.... on 19:38 - Mar 1 with 3676 viewsHerbivore

Is this because.... on 18:37 - Mar 1 by The_Last_Baron

She's fantastic. And a good looking woman to boot.

She's awful in every way.

Is this because.... on 20:16 - Mar 1 with 3663 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this because.... on 19:38 - Mar 1 by Herbivore

She's awful in every way.

She’s good with empty rhetoric and being mean to foreigners. I think that’s why they like her.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this because.... on 20:25 - Mar 1 with 3655 viewssparks

Is this because.... on 18:43 - Mar 1 by GaryCooper

Identify 3 specific failures which properly lie at the door of the gentleman in question, or his department (rather than policy or funding).

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Is this because.... on 21:39 - Mar 1 with 3611 viewstractordownsouth

The difference between Abbott and Patel is quite clear. They're both incompetent at their jobs, and it's fair that they're both criticised, but how much racist abuse has Patel received on the back of her behaviour compared to Abbott? Sure there are probably a few idiots who have used race against Patel, and they're as bad as the people who've done so against Abbott, but I'd wager the volume of incidents is different. The problem isn't the criticism of Abbott, it's the nature of it.

And I'll spin the question around... if Abbott had been giving interviews talking about " counter terrorism offences" like Patel did, do you honestly think the media would be so forgiving? Or if Abbott had held secret meetings with a foreign government's aides?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024