Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you keep any of these for next season? 12:09 - Mar 1 with 4601 viewsSmithy

Donacien
Chambers
Wilson
Edwards
Skuse
Nolan
Bishop
Rowe
Judge
Roberts
Nsiala
Huws
Keane

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:16 - Mar 1 with 3932 viewsBlueBadger

I don't think we have any choice about Nsiala...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:19 - Mar 1 with 3924 viewspointofblue

Donacien - yes
Chambers - no
Wilson - no
Edwards - yes
Skuse - no
Nolan - no
Bishop - yes
Rowe - yes
Judge - no
Roberts - no
Nsiala - no
Huws - yes
Keane - yes

But, in relation to those we keep, we need to start playing to their strengths.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:24 - Mar 1 with 3901 viewsSE1blue

It won’t happen, but I’d love us to finally give up and move on from the players who fit into the ‘when they’re back from injury, we’ll be amazing’ category.

Huws, Keane, Bishop, Sears et al should all move on. The hope of their ‘potential’ has actually held us back in my humble opinion.

The rest of that list are so inconsistent I’d rather see more youth given a chance.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:27 - Mar 1 with 3883 viewsthebooks

I’d keep Donacien, Chambers, Wilson, Skuse, Rowe and Keane.

Agree we should let permanently crocked players go.
Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:28 - Mar 1 with 3876 viewspointofblue

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:24 - Mar 1 by SE1blue

It won’t happen, but I’d love us to finally give up and move on from the players who fit into the ‘when they’re back from injury, we’ll be amazing’ category.

Huws, Keane, Bishop, Sears et al should all move on. The hope of their ‘potential’ has actually held us back in my humble opinion.

The rest of that list are so inconsistent I’d rather see more youth given a chance.

To be fair, Huws and Keane have had a fair amount of appearances this season whilst Sears and Bishop have been fit but haven’t have been playing.

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:35 - Mar 1 with 3847 viewsSE1blue

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:28 - Mar 1 by pointofblue

To be fair, Huws and Keane have had a fair amount of appearances this season whilst Sears and Bishop have been fit but haven’t have been playing.

‘This season’.

If you look at Huws and the fixture list, there’s clearly a pattern of play one, rest one, play one, rest one. He’s actually my favourite player in the squad, I just think we’ve lived on hope instead of actual physically fit players for too long.

You can add Didzy, Jonny Williams and others that have held us back when we’ve needed them to push on.

When fit...great, great players but we’ve got so many of them.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 13:49 - Mar 1 with 3756 viewsGarv

Edwards
Chambers (not necessarily a starter)
Wilson
Bishop
Judge
Keane

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:01 - Mar 1 with 3708 viewsSonOfSpock

Sadly, not all out of contract?

So moving them on is not necessarily an option. If only it was as easy.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:07 - Mar 1 with 3698 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Bishop
Huws

Done.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:08 - Mar 1 with 3691 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:19 - Mar 1 by pointofblue

Donacien - yes
Chambers - no
Wilson - no
Edwards - yes
Skuse - no
Nolan - no
Bishop - yes
Rowe - yes
Judge - no
Roberts - no
Nsiala - no
Huws - yes
Keane - yes

Keep Rowe but not judge? Eh?
Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:09 - Mar 1 with 3679 viewsHerbivore

I'd keep Chambers, Bishop, Huws and Keane. Not fussed about the rest going.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:16 - Mar 1 with 3670 viewspointofblue

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:08 - Mar 1 by Matt_Netherlands

Keep Rowe but not judge? Eh?

Lower salary and actually does a job for us.

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:26 - Mar 1 with 3636 viewsclive_baker

Nolan, Bishop, Rowe, Keane are the only ones I would retain. I think under the right leadership these can be valuable at this level, provided they can stay fit.

Skuse, Chambers, Wilson, Judge I’m not sure fit with what’s required moving forward in terms of a squad refresh. Move on.

Donacien, Roberts, Nsiala, Edwards I don’t rate particularly. They’re not upper end L1 quality IMO. Move on.

Huws, as much as it pains me to say is nothing like the ore injury player we saw. I think he’s getting an easy ride at the moment on sentiment as much as anything. Everyone was desperate to see if he could come back from what were horrendous injury setbacks but the reality is we look a much better side without him. He’s slow and cumbersome, immobile & doesn’t create a great deal. At this level I think we need legs in there and would much rather see Bishop, El Mizouni, Nydam, Dozzell given the chance to step up now.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:30 - Mar 1 with 3609 viewsCoastalblue

Probably won't see any of them next year, but the only players I'm worried about are KVY, Downes, Wolfy and I'm still hoping that a pre-season would sort Huws out.

Out of everybody else with a decent amount of game time this year I couldn't care less, except maybe Bishop, and that's probably misplaced.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:55 - Mar 1 with 3576 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:16 - Mar 1 by pointofblue

Lower salary and actually does a job for us.

Admittedly judge doesn’t set the world alight... but things are even more desperate that we thought if we’re counting one goal and zero assists in 23 games as doing a job 😂
Would you keep any of these for next season? on 14:59 - Mar 1 with 3550 viewsAce_High1

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:27 - Mar 1 by thebooks

I’d keep Donacien, Chambers, Wilson, Skuse, Rowe and Keane.

Agree we should let permanently crocked players go.

LOL, hello League 2.

This is part of the problem with most fans. ITFC has = average for so long. For years people have said how good this player is or that, but the one consistent aspect of our squad for the last 15 years is the lack of quality. No one who can create or do something special.

We need to clear out likes of Chambers and Skuse, good servants but are now part of the problem. And why waste our time with dross like Wilson? A squad filler in the mould of Coke, Toure, Bajner, just get rid.

I would rather only have 13-15 senior players and then make up the numbers with the youth than pointless squad filler just picking up a wage.
Would you keep any of these for next season? on 16:31 - Mar 1 with 3417 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We need to move many of that list on. How long have they got on their contracts? Would anyone be interested in signing any of them even on a free?

We need some experience in defence but I have disappointed in the lack of leadership and motivation that those on the list are able to provide. A player with more drive and motivational quality is needed. Collins would have been it last season but where do you get a player like that who will play at this level and stay fit?

If Edwards stays, he needs to be used as an attacking midfield player similar to the one that scored 6 goals in the Championship last season. If anyone wanted him I don't think we would really miss him.

Bishop and Huws have the quality. Can we keep them fit? I would be happy to persist if they can end up with more pitch time next season. How can you foretell whether they will?

Ultimately we need to have a squad of 11-16 players around whom the team is based. Players that work together and know their roles. This should include (assuming we can keep them) Woolfenden and Downes, probably Norwood and Jackson. I would like to see more youngsters in that nucleus (Dozzell/Dobra/El Mizouni/Morris/Lankester perhaps - difficult to tell and depends how they kick on over the summer). Aside from that squad we need around 12 players who can slot in and do a good job when the first choice ones are unavailable. This season we seemed to have a squad of 40ish players all considered on a par. That makes us little better than our 40th best player.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 16:37 - Mar 1 with 3396 viewsArnieM

Bishop is the only one id keep.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 19:05 - Mar 1 with 3237 viewsWestover

It's not a matter of who would you keep because we have to replace the ones that go and as we know that's very difficult and no point if we can't get better players in.
Would you keep any of these for next season? on 19:23 - Mar 1 with 3196 viewsGlasgowBlue

Donacien NO
Chambers NO
Wilson NO
Edwards MAYBE
Skuse NO
Nolan YES
Bishop MAYBE
Rowe MAYBE
Judge NO
Roberts NO
Nsiala NO
Huws YES
Keane YES

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 19:26 - Mar 1 with 3183 viewsBluefish

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 12:19 - Mar 1 by pointofblue

Donacien - yes
Chambers - no
Wilson - no
Edwards - yes
Skuse - no
Nolan - no
Bishop - yes
Rowe - yes
Judge - no
Roberts - no
Nsiala - no
Huws - yes
Keane - yes

Just to be clear, do you think Donacien and Edwards are better footballers than Chambers?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 19:28 - Mar 1 with 3171 viewsPJH

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 19:26 - Mar 1 by Bluefish

Just to be clear, do you think Donacien and Edwards are better footballers than Chambers?

Edwards is the only one of the three out of contract anyway and only five of those in the OP are out of contract so all mostly a pointless exercise.
Would you keep any of these for next season? on 19:39 - Mar 1 with 3126 viewsBluefish

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 19:28 - Mar 1 by PJH

Edwards is the only one of the three out of contract anyway and only five of those in the OP are out of contract so all mostly a pointless exercise.

His contract should be cancelled, he is definitely in breach.

It was probably just another post designed to deflect blame to Mick's men

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Would you keep any of these for next season? on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 3035 viewsOxford_Blue

No
Would you keep any of these for next season? on 20:38 - Mar 1 with 3015 viewsbazgammon

Donacien - No, Emmanuel should have been kept instead.
Chambers - No, part of the problem. Should not be Captain, Downes should have had the armband in August
Wilson - Yes
Edwards - Definitely but not as Wing back hes a winger, left or right.
Skuse - Nope, guy is a Fraud, deadwood like Chambers wields too much player power.
Nolan - No
Bishop - Yes definitely if stays fit.
Rowe - Yes
Judge - No, massive underachiever. Lankester coming back with Dobra and Bish are better younger options, we need to give our academy guys more game time, the club relies on them.
Roberts - No, but like Keifer Moore and Chris Wood is showing he can score if hes not in a ITFC shirt, however don't thnk hes a good as those two.
Nsiala - Nope
Huws - Yes, defo.
Keane - Nope, useless cant score, header, drops into midfield and clutters it leaving no one in the box. Very overated/ Give Simpson a crack or sign a Mariner/Marshall type target man who have their hair long not stuck up in a bun!!

Poll: Lambert

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024