Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? 17:22 - Mar 1 with 5738 viewstractorboy1978

All the blarney earlier in the season about rotation paying dividends at the business end of the season and we are the side that is folding like a pack of cards.
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:25 - Mar 1 with 5689 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

One word;

Momentum.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:28 - Mar 1 with 5664 viewsNewcyBlue

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:25 - Mar 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

One word;

Momentum.

They causing problems in our squad you reckon?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:37 - Mar 1 with 5616 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:28 - Mar 1 by NewcyBlue

They causing problems in our squad you reckon?!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:38 - Mar 1 with 5617 viewsJDB23

It's nonsense anyway. Professional athletes should be able to compete for 180 minutes a week and not feel like their legs are going to fall off. As the saying goes, if you're winning games, you don't feel tired.

With all the technology in football these days I'd love to see a comparison of energy levels, output and recovery time between September/Nov and March/April for players who have been ever present.
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:46 - Mar 1 with 5560 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:38 - Mar 1 by JDB23

It's nonsense anyway. Professional athletes should be able to compete for 180 minutes a week and not feel like their legs are going to fall off. As the saying goes, if you're winning games, you don't feel tired.

With all the technology in football these days I'd love to see a comparison of energy levels, output and recovery time between September/Nov and March/April for players who have been ever present.

I think there is an argument that those returning from injury and some nearer the end of their career may need some breaks. However, there should always have been a nucleus of players that are only changed for necessity.

We have lacked cohesion shape and effective partnerships all season (even when we were doing well). We also lack spine and character - we cannot close out games and show poor ability to turn them around when the opposition is closing them out.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:56 - Mar 1 with 5507 viewsWD19

A man who never makes any decisions never makes any mistakes.

Unfortunately that man doesn’t get anywhere either.

The rotation was always only ever about avoiding (or being incapable of) selecting a 1st XI from the resource available for fear of upsetting a few. Weak.
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 18:35 - Mar 1 with 5402 viewsLankHenners

He’s spent the whole season making excuses for why things aren’t going well - first it was this, then too many cup games, then we’re better off chasing rather than being chased, then we’re better playing away, then we’re better with the adversity of having players injured and suspended. He hasn’t got answers to anything in the press room or on the pitch. He’s an idiot.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 18:51 - Mar 1 with 5360 viewsPhilTWTD

From the other angle the widespread argument that the rotation was the big problem has been made to look misplaced given the continuing lack of success with a more settled team and formation since the turn of the year.
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 18:53 - Mar 1 with 5320 viewsWD19

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 18:51 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

From the other angle the widespread argument that the rotation was the big problem has been made to look misplaced given the continuing lack of success with a more settled team and formation since the turn of the year.

So what you are saying.....and I don’t want to put words in your mouth......is that the problem is the manager, and not the rotation system in itself!?
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 18:57 - Mar 1 with 5285 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 18:51 - Mar 1 by PhilTWTD

Not sure about that. I still feel its been a problem.

Without it we may have gained momentum. And more importantly, form and points!!

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 19:02 - Mar 1 with 5250 viewsbluefunk

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 18:53 - Mar 1 by WD19

So what you are saying.....and I don’t want to put words in your mouth......is that the problem is the manager, and not the rotation system in itself!?

Lambert isn’t perfect and he’s made numerous mistakes but maybe the problem is the players, they are the ones who make stupid mistakes at crucial points game after game, defensive errors, failure to pick the right pass in the final third, missing chance after chance - they are getting away with it week after week, while Lambert gets all the blame
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 19:03]
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 20:29 - Mar 1 with 5025 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 19:02 - Mar 1 by bluefunk

Lambert isn’t perfect and he’s made numerous mistakes but maybe the problem is the players, they are the ones who make stupid mistakes at crucial points game after game, defensive errors, failure to pick the right pass in the final third, missing chance after chance - they are getting away with it week after week, while Lambert gets all the blame

Perhaps, as head coach, he could try coaching some of that out?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 20:30 - Mar 1 with 5025 viewssparks

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 19:02 - Mar 1 by bluefunk

He's been here quite a long time and picks the team.

the argument that we have missed chances and had silly lapses is not one that applies for many recent games either. Mostly we have just been poor all round.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 20:56 - Mar 1 with 4913 viewsbluefunk

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 20:29 - Mar 1 by BlueBadger

Perhaps, as head coach, he could try coaching some of that out?

I’m not absolving him, just reflecting on the fact that PL can only do so much, and as anyone who has managed people knows you can only do so much, the rest is down to the individual. Ive come to the conclusion that there are some players who don’t have the mental toughness needed for a promotion season.
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 21:18 - Mar 1 with 4833 viewsMelford

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 17:25 - Mar 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

One word;

Momentum.

Wolves have played something like 46 games already by now. A core of their players have played 44, 40, 36, 38, 36, 34, 33, 32 games. Settled team every week, no changes unless they have to and keep it going.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 23:16 - Mar 1 with 4656 viewsArnieM

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 21:18 - Mar 1 by Melford

Wolves have played something like 46 games already by now. A core of their players have played 44, 40, 36, 38, 36, 34, 33, 32 games. Settled team every week, no changes unless they have to and keep it going.

Whilst under SBR in 1980/81 didn’t Town play something like 69 games using only 14 players ..... the year we were in for the Treble ? And that was in the days where “ science” played little of no part in professional football. TWTD !!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 23:24 - Mar 1 with 4635 viewsEireannach_gorm

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 20:56 - Mar 1 by bluefunk

I’m not absolving him, just reflecting on the fact that PL can only do so much, and as anyone who has managed people knows you can only do so much, the rest is down to the individual. Ive come to the conclusion that there are some players who don’t have the mental toughness needed for a promotion season.

How do you think the manager is doing with things he does have control of, like tactics, substitutions and formations?
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 00:21 - Mar 2 with 4527 viewstractordownsouth

One word;

Momentum.

I think we’ve been doing alright down the left?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 07:50 - Mar 2 with 4213 viewspeterleeblue

They key to that Phil is settling on the correct team and formation!!
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 07:55 - Mar 2 with 4196 viewshampstead_blue

One word;

Momentum.

Momentum on this board os coo, on the General side less so.....

I completely agree. Lambert got cocky and got it well and truly bitten.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 08:48 - Mar 2 with 4114 viewsbluefunk

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 23:24 - Mar 1 by Eireannach_gorm

How do you think the manager is doing with things he does have control of, like tactics, substitutions and formations?

He’s done a pretty poor job for the last 25 games or so, particularly allowing complacency to set in, momentum to disappear and not being able to change games with substitutions.
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 09:11 - Mar 2 with 4082 viewsNo9

PL's 'rotation' policy suggests a lack of fitness in players at ITFC
The fact Tiwn have a lot of injuries, particular long terms injuries raises questions about the overall fitnesss of the players & what the trainign & fitness regime really is.
This isn't new it has been going on for too many seasons now
Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 09:17 - Mar 2 with 4055 viewsStuartBrett8

Rotating the squad for pointless cup games is where we lost the plot....

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 09:24 - Mar 2 with 4027 viewsArnieM

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 09:11 - Mar 2 by No9

PL's 'rotation' policy suggests a lack of fitness in players at ITFC
The fact Tiwn have a lot of injuries, particular long terms injuries raises questions about the overall fitnesss of the players & what the trainign & fitness regime really is.
This isn't new it has been going on for too many seasons now

I’m not sure Town players are necessarily unfit. However an elite athlete can get injured through overtraining , and or incorrect / Inappropriate training methods. This is where the science is in sport now.

I don’t think Town were particularly hot in this area during McCarthys reign, but I believe this is one of the areas under Lambert which is / has been changed.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 14:11 - Mar 2 with 3858 viewsBlueBadger

Lambert has really been made to look silly hasn't he? on 08:48 - Mar 2 by bluefunk

He’s done a pretty poor job for the last 25 games or so, particularly allowing complacency to set in, momentum to disappear and not being able to change games with substitutions.

He's been doing that since he came in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024