Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, anyone here caught it yet? 21:13 - Mar 15 with 6281 viewsSwailsey

Obviously no commitment to answer. Sending good wishes if so.

Very strange hearing my dad talk about shutting himself away for 2 months. Sh*t is starting to feel like it’s getting real.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:16 - Mar 15 with 2442 viewsJ2BLUE

I've got very mild cases of some of the less common symptoms but no fever/cough so very doubt I have it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:18 - Mar 15 with 2422 viewsmonytowbray

Starting to get real?! When I saw Italy go on lockdown was the sh1t-hit-the-fan moment for me. That was when it became a reality.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:19 - Mar 15 with 2418 viewstextbackup

had a shtty thing a week or so back, aching/cold, don't think its was that, lasted 48hrs...

ive coughed 4 times this evening, not sure that classes as it either.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:20 - Mar 15 with 2402 viewsSwailsey

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:16 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

I've got very mild cases of some of the less common symptoms but no fever/cough so very doubt I have it.

Get well soon bud.

About 3 weeks ago I had an awful virus - slight fever, mild cough but just extreme fatigue.

Then the last few days have had an awful cold, really really heavy - although seems to be tailing off now.

It seemed too much of a coincidence but I guess it simply is just 2 viruses in a short space of time, independent of CV.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:22 - Mar 15 with 2389 viewsSwailsey

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:18 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

Starting to get real?! When I saw Italy go on lockdown was the sh1t-hit-the-fan moment for me. That was when it became a reality.

I know. Ignorance perhaps. But it’s easy to feel quite sheltered from it - I had been WFH for a week due to a cold. Being in London yesterday and today and seeing how empty parts of it were, and those there were wearing masks, it just feels very surreal.

I’m in an incredibly privileged position, and have probably been sheltered by that.

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:23 - Mar 15 with 2362 viewslowhouseblue

ireland has closed its pubs. now that's getting real.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:25 - Mar 15 with 2356 viewssparks

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:16 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Have had a tickly throat... rationally not a problem. But paranoia lurks. Especially with a diabetic wife who's best friend works at a place where a director has been hospitalised and the 5th floor sent home en Masse.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:25 - Mar 15 with 2346 viewsmonytowbray

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:20 - Mar 15 by Swailsey

Get well soon bud.

About 3 weeks ago I had an awful virus - slight fever, mild cough but just extreme fatigue.

Then the last few days have had an awful cold, really really heavy - although seems to be tailing off now.

It seemed too much of a coincidence but I guess it simply is just 2 viruses in a short space of time, independent of CV.

I had some illness going around at the start of November which seems odd in hindsight. Fever and very dry throat/sinuses from nowhere. Gone in two days but I had a cough that wouldn’t shift til mid Jan. Even ended up at the hospital for a chest scan but was fine.

A lot of people I’ve seen speak of a similar illness. Although pure speculation at this point. Perhaps it started earlier and mutated into something else? Perhaps the incubation period means it’s been around longer than the first known case? Wouldn’t be impossible in that scenario say it had made it here a while back. Plus the odd age factor infection rates perhaps it gradually mutated to get different age brackets and the vulnerable came later?

Or it could have just been a flu bug. I don’t have those answers.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:25 - Mar 15 with 2344 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Indeed. Most of my gardening clients are leaving the cheques out for me this coming week so as not to have any direct contact. To be fair, a lot of them are elderly or have health problems so wholly understandable, but surreal.
My mother is doing the same as your dad mate. It,s a" taking it day by day" approach now.
Good luck to one and all.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:27 - Mar 15 with 2301 viewsmonytowbray

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:22 - Mar 15 by Swailsey

I know. Ignorance perhaps. But it’s easy to feel quite sheltered from it - I had been WFH for a week due to a cold. Being in London yesterday and today and seeing how empty parts of it were, and those there were wearing masks, it just feels very surreal.

I’m in an incredibly privileged position, and have probably been sheltered by that.

I think perhaps me being in London is why my attitude to this is more alarmed than many on here? I know of hardly anyone in my localish social circles not in a role that requires manual work who isn’t working from home now.

TWTD never forgets…

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:28 - Mar 15 with 2291 viewsStokieBlue

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:25 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

I had some illness going around at the start of November which seems odd in hindsight. Fever and very dry throat/sinuses from nowhere. Gone in two days but I had a cough that wouldn’t shift til mid Jan. Even ended up at the hospital for a chest scan but was fine.

A lot of people I’ve seen speak of a similar illness. Although pure speculation at this point. Perhaps it started earlier and mutated into something else? Perhaps the incubation period means it’s been around longer than the first known case? Wouldn’t be impossible in that scenario say it had made it here a while back. Plus the odd age factor infection rates perhaps it gradually mutated to get different age brackets and the vulnerable came later?

Or it could have just been a flu bug. I don’t have those answers.

The first case was in Hubei province in November - that has pretty much been established.

90% of the people tested in the UK haven't had it although they have had some of the symptoms. I am sure it's unsettling to think about but it's very, very unlikely it was Covid.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:29 - Mar 15 with 2239 viewsWD19

Had cold, flu and migraine for most of last week. Part of me hopes I had it, but the chances of that being the case are slim. I’ve still got it to look forward to like everyone else.
So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:30 - Mar 15 with 2233 viewsmonytowbray

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:28 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

The first case was in Hubei province in November - that has pretty much been established.

90% of the people tested in the UK haven't had it although they have had some of the symptoms. I am sure it's unsettling to think about but it's very, very unlikely it was Covid.

SB

Would be relieved if it were.

I’ve been reading and I saw the same as you say, but also couldn’t find the evidence this was based on beyond medical records.

There’s so many “if” moments around it all.

If you have something good to read on the point though link me up.

TWTD never forgets…

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:32 - Mar 15 with 2209 viewsFixed_It

My son has had 'it' in Switzerland (no testing). Last week he had high fever, bad cough and chest. Seems to be over the worst now though. My grandaughters (1 and 3) just had short-lived high temperature but otherwise ok. They are all self-isolating.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:32 - Mar 15 with 2183 viewsElderGrizzly

I’m off to Center Parcs tomorrow. I’m sure I will by the end of the week!
So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:34 - Mar 15 with 2156 viewsHerbivore

Most of us won't know if/when we do have it in reality.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:35 - Mar 15 with 2134 viewsmonytowbray

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:32 - Mar 15 by ElderGrizzly

I’m off to Center Parcs tomorrow. I’m sure I will by the end of the week!

Apparently COVID sucks at chlorine so just spend all your time on the massive flume or in the bubble pools.

I also believe it doesn’t spread from bodily fluids so may as well use it as a toilet too.

TWTD never forgets…

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:37 - Mar 15 with 2103 viewsStokieBlue

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:30 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

Would be relieved if it were.

I’ve been reading and I saw the same as you say, but also couldn’t find the evidence this was based on beyond medical records.

There’s so many “if” moments around it all.

If you have something good to read on the point though link me up.

You are right there is no certainty, however the earliest case is 17th November. They might find earlier cases but the numbers were so small then it must have originated around there and around that time.

The vector looks fairly certain now - Bat -> Mammal -> Humans. They aren't sure on the mammal but it's probably at pangolin.

Summary article:

https://www.livescience.com/first-case-coronavirus-found.html

Actual Lancet study if you want more in-depth reading citing a case from early December:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fullt

SB

Edit: Forgot to put the link to the Lancet study.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 21:46]

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:37 - Mar 15 with 2107 viewsWicklowBlue

From a recovering patient:

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0315/1123371-patient/

Edit: You will know if you have had it!
[Post edited 15 Mar 2020 21:39]
So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:39 - Mar 15 with 2067 viewsmonytowbray

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:37 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

You are right there is no certainty, however the earliest case is 17th November. They might find earlier cases but the numbers were so small then it must have originated around there and around that time.

The vector looks fairly certain now - Bat -> Mammal -> Humans. They aren't sure on the mammal but it's probably at pangolin.

Summary article:

Actual Lancet study if you want more in-depth reading citing a case from early December:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fullt

SB

I’ve seen those bits. I mean Pangolins are bad ass. Why would they need to be on a market? :(

Also heard conspiracies that there were no bats on the market but either way if there’s a missing link that doesn’t matter.

TWTD never forgets…

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:43 - Mar 15 with 2006 viewsBloomBlue

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:37 - Mar 15 by StokieBlue

Summary article:

SB

Didn't SARS start with bats?
So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:44 - Mar 15 with 2005 viewsclive_baker

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:37 - Mar 15 by WicklowBlue

Not necessarily. People will be effected in different ways and infected with different degrees of severity. It’s possible to have it and not notice at all, or put it down to a short feeling under the weather.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:45 - Mar 15 with 1993 viewsStokieBlue

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:35 - Mar 15 by monytowbray

Apparently COVID sucks at chlorine so just spend all your time on the massive flume or in the bubble pools.

I also believe it doesn’t spread from bodily fluids so may as well use it as a toilet too.

Transmission vectors:

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-transmission

Please don't use the pool as a loo .

SB

So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:45 - Mar 15 with 1974 viewsWD19

Mikel Arteta says he feels fine and if he didn’t know he had it he would have just taken an ibruprofen and carried on the same as usual.

And we all know that footballers are the real experts on this matter.
So, anyone here caught it yet? on 21:46 - Mar 15 with 1960 viewsSwansea_Blue

I’ve been wondering whether we’ll know when we get it. Supposedly many cases are relatively mild, but then you read things like this and I suspect we’ll know for sure.

I’ve got what can be best described as a dry cold, bit of a cough, slightly achy but no temperature. First one of the winter for me so I do wonder about the timing, but nothing like that woman describes, so it’s probably nothing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024