Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47352 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:55 - Apr 23 with 4980 viewshomer_123

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:48 - Apr 23 by hoppy

Sounds like something's gone wrong?

I managed ok, but that was yesterday.

I've spent the money on beer now.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:09 - Apr 23 with 4943 viewsstringy

Done - thanks to those of you who organised this, and cheers to Phil, Gav & Mark for making this happen - pretty much only thing that keeps me sane in these strange times (first website I check each morning, has been for years), love from Ontario x
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:00 - Apr 23 with 4927 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:09 - Apr 23 by stringy

Done - thanks to those of you who organised this, and cheers to Phil, Gav & Mark for making this happen - pretty much only thing that keeps me sane in these strange times (first website I check each morning, has been for years), love from Ontario x

Thanks stringy!
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:01 - Apr 23 with 4926 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:04 - Apr 23 by jaykay

just seen this so donated the £24 plus a extra £1 for hobnobs.
just one question which may sound daft, how do you know who has donated. do paypal tell you the name and email of the person who has donated and you can match them up with their username

Yes, we can work it out from Paypal info. Cheers.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:07 - Apr 23 with 4923 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:36 - Apr 23 by Dennyx4

Done, albeit I do not contribute with many posts - I often read through the comments and content and feel like I know the community.

I too spend a lot of time on the site, and it certainly helps in these troubled times.

Cheers for all that you do.

Many thanks.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:10 - Apr 23 with 4918 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:01 - Apr 23 by PhilTWTD

Yes, we can work it out from Paypal info. Cheers.

I'll happily have my ads back Phil.

It's nice of you to make me ad free but they don't bother me in the slightest.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:27 - Apr 23 with 4906 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:10 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

Likewise.

Plus I like looking at trainers I can't possibly afford.

I can't explain some of the other ads I get but hey ho.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 23:33]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:31 - Apr 24 with 4857 viewsPJH

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 23:10 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

I have still got ads although I think I put 'subscription' on my payment. I suppose that makes me very special.
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:36 - Apr 24 with 4854 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:31 - Apr 24 by PJH

I have still got ads although I think I put 'subscription' on my payment. I suppose that makes me very special.

But obviously not 'Ad subscription' otherwise ads would be all you would be getting, and we wouldn't be able to see your post.

Come to think of it, there are one or two posters who I would willing pay for them to have an ads only subscription...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:00 - Apr 24 with 4843 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:36 - Apr 24 by WeWereZombies

But obviously not 'Ad subscription' otherwise ads would be all you would be getting, and we wouldn't be able to see your post.

Come to think of it, there are one or two posters who I would willing pay for them to have an ads only subscription...

Charming. 🙁

Who else were you thinking of?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:14 - Apr 24 with 4837 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:00 - Apr 24 by hoppy

Charming. 🙁

Who else were you thinking of?

Yeah, I want those pun threads all to myself.

I have thought on this a bit (to give you an indication of the type of poster I was really thinking of). They log on and hit the football threads only button, it gives them general threads only. But they read on and get incensed about perfectly reasonable viewpoints and decide to post a one line dismissive comment. At that point the site goes ads only for them...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:20 - Apr 24 with 4794 viewsPhilTWTD

I don't think we have, think there might just not have been any ads at that point.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:53 - Apr 24 with 4785 viewsitfcjoe

I've made the one off payment, and still have ads.....

Is it possible to set up a recurring subscription - I'm happy to just the £25 as a donation and pay a couple of quid a month from here on in, and sure others would be too.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:30 - Apr 24 with 4769 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:53 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Is it possible to set up a recurring subscription - I'm happy to just the £25 as a donation and pay a couple of quid a month from here on in, and sure others would be too.

I'll sort that. That sounds a plan, something we can sort once Gav's back in harness. Many thanks.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:39 - Apr 24 with 4749 viewsSwailsey

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:53 - Apr 24 by itfcjoe

Ditto this.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:03 - Apr 24 with 4726 viewsJ2BLUE

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:20 - Apr 24 by PhilTWTD

I don't think we have, think there might just not have been any ads at that point.

Ahh, they are back. Cheers.

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:08 - Apr 24 with 4635 viewsMullet

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:30 - Apr 24 by PhilTWTD

I'll sort that. That sounds a plan, something we can sort once Gav's back in harness. Many thanks.

Those rumours about the TWTD dungeon are true then......

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:20 - Apr 24 with 4615 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:08 - Apr 24 by Mullet

Those rumours about the TWTD dungeon are true then......

I thought that would get picked up on when I typed it!
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:56 - Apr 25 with 4466 viewsNewcyBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:20 - Apr 24 by PhilTWTD

I don’t have ads Phil. I donated just under the annual ad free subscription charge so I could keep clicking on ads every day. I want my mature ladies that always say yes back.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:04 - Apr 25 with 4456 viewsfooters

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:56 - Apr 25 by NewcyBlue

I don’t have ads Phil. I donated just under the annual ad free subscription charge so I could keep clicking on ads every day. I want my mature ladies that always say yes back.

PM sent.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 19:20 - Apr 25 with 4451 viewsMullet

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:20 - Apr 24 by PhilTWTD

No denial either.....

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:30 - Apr 26 with 4364 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:56 - Apr 25 by NewcyBlue

Must have done that in error. Ads restored. Enjoy.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:43 - Apr 26 with 4355 viewsNewcyBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:30 - Apr 26 by PhilTWTD

Must have done that in error. Ads restored. Enjoy.

Cheers Phil. Now let’s fill the generation gap!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:59 - Apr 26 with 4345 viewsJ2BLUE

I patiently wait for the day I get the Arab dating ad again. That contained one of the best looking women i've ever seen.

Need to enjoy these ads while we can before truly targeted ads come in.

'J2, sign up for Bargain Basement Dating and you might eventually bag a 4/10'

Truly impaired.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:14 - Apr 26 with 4339 viewsKeno

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:59 - Apr 26 by J2BLUE

I patiently wait for the day I get the Arab dating ad again. That contained one of the best looking women i've ever seen.

Need to enjoy these ads while we can before truly targeted ads come in.

'J2, sign up for Bargain Basement Dating and you might eventually bag a 4/10'

was it her?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024