Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47325 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:49 - Apr 21 with 5412 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:40 - Apr 21 by blueislander

Cheers. Will try that tomorrow when I am more awake.

yep, likewise

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:53 - Apr 21 with 5406 viewsjeera

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:49 - Apr 21 by WeWereZombies

yep, likewise

Yeah, well don't take advice from me.

Wait for someone to pipe up who knows what they're talking about.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 02:35 - Apr 22 with 5327 viewsRyorry

Cracking stuff Stokie, Jeera - & also We Were Zombies, who I believe played some part in this too?

Not to mention the Main Men, Gav & Phil, for putting up with all of us unruly lot with such incredible patience! [Calp] - I mean

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:11 - Apr 22 with 5289 viewsSwailsey

What an amazing idea, great job everyone involved.

Subscribing is the least I can do after years of attention seeking on here.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 7:20]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:12 - Apr 22 with 5266 viewsPlums

Brilliant idea, this ‘place’ has been part of my life for 20+ years. Happy to help.
Well done all concerned and thanks to Phil and Gav.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:34 - Apr 22 with 5233 viewsblueislander

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 21:37 - Apr 21 by jeera

I think if you use the direct link and make a payment via your own card rather than going PP to PP maybe?

Others more switched on than me may be able to offer sounder advice.

Yep. That worked. Donation made. Cheers Jeera.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:17 - Apr 22 with 5216 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 02:35 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Cracking stuff Stokie, Jeera - & also We Were Zombies, who I believe played some part in this too?

Not to mention the Main Men, Gav & Phil, for putting up with all of us unruly lot with such incredible patience! [Calp] - I mean

Thanks for the mention Ryorry but all I did was PM six other posters and then feedback a summation of the responses to jeera - he deserves all the kudos on this one.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:02 - Apr 22 with 5194 viewsRyorry

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:17 - Apr 22 by WeWereZombies

Thanks for the mention Ryorry but all I did was PM six other posters and then feedback a summation of the responses to jeera - he deserves all the kudos on this one.

Well, you did successfully twist my arm into doing the biz on PayPal, despite maintaining a social distance of about 300 miles, so deserve kudos & new nickname of The Persuader for that! ;)

Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:18 - Apr 22 with 5181 viewsBlueBadger

Good work Stokie, this place has been my one of my personal brain safety valves for the past few weeks, I'll be putting in once payday rolls round on Friday.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:34 - Apr 22 with 5165 viewsEwan_Oozami

(created while on a very boring conference call)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:41 - Apr 22 with 5161 viewsDubtractor

Only just spotted this, tend not to take in the stickies sometimes, though was aware this was being proposed.

Will get on the case.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:44 - Apr 22 with 5152 viewsSwailsey

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:34 - Apr 22 by Ewan_Oozami

(created while on a very boring conference call)

Oh I like this!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:46 - Apr 22 with 5156 viewsSomethingBlue

Great work all. Think it's nearly 24 years I've posted on here now & it's one of life's reliable cornerstones as much as a first-rate news source; can't take that for granted and have put something in.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:46 - Apr 22 with 5149 viewsRyorry

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:41 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

Only just spotted this, tend not to take in the stickies sometimes, though was aware this was being proposed.

Will get on the case.

You're not the only one who tends not to really notice stickies - maybe some colourful highlight in the header would help.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:01 - Apr 22 with 5134 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:35 - Apr 21 by J2BLUE

Doubt it. I can't think of one poster with a lower case name who is at my level of greatness.

jeera is about three quarters of the way there. The rest? Er...

You've forgotten how to spell "hoppy", presumably?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:02 - Apr 22 with 5133 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:02 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Well, you did successfully twist my arm into doing the biz on PayPal, despite maintaining a social distance of about 300 miles, so deserve kudos & new nickname of The Persuader for that! ;)

Uh oh, I'm not going to get called in to visit any poster that doesn't subscribe, am I?

[interlocksfingersturnspalmsoutwardscrackingsound}

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:07 - Apr 22 with 5132 viewsDubtractor

So I'm not really too bothered, but having made my subscription payment, how do I get the no advert privileges?

Also, I assume to renew the subscription in 12 months will need me to remember?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:12 - Apr 22 with 5123 viewsSuperblue95

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:07 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

So I'm not really too bothered, but having made my subscription payment, how do I get the no advert privileges?

Also, I assume to renew the subscription in 12 months will need me to remember?

I subscribed last night and seem to have no ads anymore so give it a while and Phil seems to do it automatically.

Cheers Phil
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 12:16]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:13 - Apr 22 with 5120 viewsDubtractor

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:12 - Apr 22 by Superblue95

I subscribed last night and seem to have no ads anymore so give it a while and Phil seems to do it automatically.

Cheers Phil
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 12:16]

What a guy.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:13 - Apr 22 with 5117 viewsSuperblue95

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:13 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

What a guy.

Yes, I am.

Oh wait, you probably meant Phil...

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:17 - Apr 22 with 5110 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:02 - Apr 22 by WeWereZombies

Uh oh, I'm not going to get called in to visit any poster that doesn't subscribe, am I?

[interlocksfingersturnspalmsoutwardscrackingsound}

That thought is certainly what made me click!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:24 - Apr 22 with 5096 viewsRyorry

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 11:46 - Apr 22 by SomethingBlue

Great work all. Think it's nearly 24 years I've posted on here now & it's one of life's reliable cornerstones as much as a first-rate news source; can't take that for granted and have put something in.

Yep - I think it's worth saying that I find many of the discussions on here are more informative & educational than even some heavyweight papers. I pay £50 p/a for a sub to the Gruadian online - ie twice as much for half the useful content!

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:30 - Apr 22 with 5087 viewsSomethingBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:24 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Yep - I think it's worth saying that I find many of the discussions on here are more informative & educational than even some heavyweight papers. I pay £50 p/a for a sub to the Gruadian online - ie twice as much for half the useful content!

Definitely a broad church here and (for all the blips and minority of idiots who eventually get called out) a strong and well-meaning community that has developed and evolved through the years. TWTD and Guardian definitely the two most deserving causes in media btw!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 13:13 - Apr 22 with 5043 viewsPinewoodblue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:35 - Apr 21 by SpruceMoose

I remember Gav making me suffer as SpruceMouse for a few minutes in the matchday chatroom once upon a time.

As you were being a bit of a ‘girl’ at the time he should have changed it to Spicemouse.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 13:20 - Apr 22 with 5038 viewsStokieBlue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 12:13 - Apr 22 by Dubtractor

What a guy.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024