Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these 15:57 - Apr 21 with 47283 viewsStokieBlue

TWTD is a fabulous place. Sure we can all argue and disagree but at the end of the day we are community, brought together by a love of ITFC and given the platform to be a community by the hard and tireless work of those at TWTD towers.

Times are strange indeed. I don't think anyone really knows what the next 6 to 12 months are going to hold but I am sure that we can all agree that this place is a rock, a solid place in many of our lives where we can return at any point for a sense of normality.

Times are also tough at TWTD towers with the powers that be essentially working for free at the moment. A few posters have had a discussion to see if there is anything we can do to show our appreciation for the all their hard work over the years, work that means we have this site which is invaluable to many at the moment.

Given this, a proposal has been formed, one that presents no pressure as we understand times are difficult for many. The idea is to allow people to either purchase a yearly subscription to TWTD for 24 GBP which would mean that the user sees no adverts, or for people to anonymously donate any amount they feel they can afford to an appreciation fund which will be used to help with the running of the site. No amount is too small and there is no pressure. Everyone has different circumstances and nobody should feel obliged to give anything.

For those that wish to pledge something they can send their donation or subscription request to the PayPal account below. If you are purchasing a subscription then please state that with your payment as that needs to be processed by the admin.

Once again, this is a purely voluntary proposal so nobody should feel they are in any way obliged.

Everyone take care in these testing times and a final thanks to jeera for starting the ball rolling on this and making sure it got to this stage.

SB

I should have put more instructions:

1. Log into PayPal
2. Select "Send"
3. Enter the recipient as paypal@twtd.co.uk
4. Enter the amount
5. Enter any information
6. Click continue
7. Click send

[Phil]The link below should work. Let me know if it doesn't[/Phil]

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BT5X7YN7KL6

This post has been edited by an administrator

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:56 - Apr 23 with 3705 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:38 - Apr 23 by PJH

Now that he runs the show I think it will probably be TWTDKieron.

I see that you use the Skye spelling of his name.

Yes, either that or I always get things wrong when I am trying to be clever...

[edit] I've yet to come across a Kieron on Skye but I reckon the Scots Gaelic would follow the Irish on this occasion and spell it Ciarán.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 8:28]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:11 - Apr 23 with 3694 viewsDanTheMan

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:34 - Apr 23 by WeWereZombies

You're only offering so that you can change your username to DanTWTD, aren't you?

Meanwhile we wait with bated breath for the appearance of KeironTWTD.

Of course.

And also I hear donating means you finally get the free Audi.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:22 - Apr 23 with 3688 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:11 - Apr 23 by DanTheMan

Of course.

And also I hear donating means you finally get the free Audi.

Unless you’re so late to the party and all the Audi’s are taken, in which case you get hobnobs.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 08:24 - Apr 23 with 3684 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:18 - Apr 22 by blueislander

There is so much wrong with your post Hoppy.

Only if you have that kind of mind...

I’m disappointed in you, and whatever jeera said pre-edit, I have to say.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:02 - Apr 23 with 3665 viewsBluebell

Only just seen this thread.

What an amazing idea. Of course I will donate. I know it has been suggested before about paying to use this forum but this is the first time we have been given somewhere to pay in order to appreciate all the work that our 'leaders' do. Well done SB and Jeera.

Thanks Phil and Gav. Where would we be without you?
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:24 - Apr 23 with 3621 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 07:14 - Apr 23 by DanTheMan

Subscribed.

That server hamster fuel does not come cheap.

Also if any technical help is needed, let me know.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2020 7:15]

Thanks Dan, on both fronts. The hamster has been furloughed, however.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 3617 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:02 - Apr 23 by Bluebell

What an amazing idea. Of course I will donate. I know it has been suggested before about paying to use this forum but this is the first time we have been given somewhere to pay in order to appreciate all the work that our 'leaders' do. Well done SB and Jeera.

Thanks Bluebell, hope all's well with you.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:27 - Apr 23 with 3617 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 22:39 - Apr 22 by Ryorry

Surely there's someone on here who could sell you an unbreakable padlock for your hoard of Hobnobs cupboard at a reasonable price, say £15.99? 🤔

Indeed, a definite opportunity for Moose Enterprises Incâ„¢ to grasp.
Login to get fewer ads

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:28 - Apr 23 with 3616 viewsPhilTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:47 - Apr 22 by GeoffSentence

apart from ads, do subscribers get any other advantages?

Not really. I was trying to think of additional stuff we could do but drew a bit of a blank.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:31 - Apr 23 with 3612 viewsKeno

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:28 - Apr 23 by PhilTWTD

Not really. I was trying to think of additional stuff we could do but drew a bit of a blank.

Naked Friday?

Gav could pop round once a week to cook breakfast, preferably not Friday

Redo the Bobby Robson Footie poster with Paul Lambert and keep sending them to Fishy?

Seriously what about a link with Blueaction to do a merchandise deal?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:34 - Apr 23 with 3587 viewsBluefish

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:31 - Apr 23 by Keno

Naked Friday?

Gav could pop round once a week to cook breakfast, preferably not Friday

Redo the Bobby Robson Footie poster with Paul Lambert and keep sending them to Fishy?

Seriously what about a link with Blueaction to do a merchandise deal?

I offered to buy the big LAMBO banner from whomever has it but they didn't respond. I was looking forward to making a minor alteration and then displaying it again in the North Stand

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:39 - Apr 23 with 3599 viewsWeWereZombies

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:28 - Apr 23 by PhilTWTD

To be honest, that does not sound like the World's best screensaver...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:49 - Apr 23 with 3589 viewsfooters

Fight Terry Butcher on Life's a Pitch.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:03 - Apr 23 with 3529 viewsSwansea_Blue

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 09:02 - Apr 23 by Bluebell

"Where would we be without you?"

Probably a lot further on in our careers, hobbies and social lives given the amount of time some of us have spent on here!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:25 - Apr 23 with 3518 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:03 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

"Where would we be without you?"

Probably a lot further on in our careers, hobbies and social lives given the amount of time some of us have spent on here!

...but still wouldn't have it any other way...

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:36 - Apr 23 with 3512 viewsRyorry

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 10:24 - Apr 23 by PhilTWTD

Thanks Dan, on both fronts. The hamster has been furloughed, however.

Better than being eaten ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:37 - Apr 23 with 3512 viewshomer_123

Anyone else having problems with PayPal?

Keep getting a 'Something has gone wrong' note.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:40 - Apr 23 with 3506 viewsRyorry

People could send in selfies of keepy-uppies - 3 comps could be run - biggest number, most artistic, funniest/most imcompetent?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:48 - Apr 23 with 3500 viewshoppy

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:37 - Apr 23 by homer_123

Anyone else having problems with PayPal?

Keep getting a 'Something has gone wrong' note.

Sounds like something's gone wrong?

I managed ok, but that was yesterday.

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:48 - Apr 23 with 3500 viewsMarkTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 20:52 - Apr 22 by syntaxerror

Done, many thanks to Phil and Gav.
Surprised no one has asked the burning question whether MarkTWTD is furloughed or is eating all Gav's hobnobs and driving his Audi.

Thanks for asking... and yep, I'm still around keeping an eye on the servers etc. Alas, no hobnobs... I think Gav cleared all the shops out when he went panic buying last month.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:07 - Apr 23 with 3476 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 14:48 - Apr 23 by MarkTWTD

Thanks for asking... and yep, I'm still around keeping an eye on the servers etc. Alas, no hobnobs... I think Gav cleared all the shops out when he went panic buying last month.

In these trying times, I think it would cheer everyone up if you gave yourself an avatar to go with your account. I think we would all like to put a face to the name so to speak!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:29 - Apr 23 with 3452 viewsMarkTWTD

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:07 - Apr 23 by SpruceMoose

In these trying times, I think it would cheer everyone up if you gave yourself an avatar to go with your account. I think we would all like to put a face to the name so to speak!

I'm not too good with selfies... but here's one I took earlier...
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 16:13 - Apr 23 with 3423 viewsSpruceMoose

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 15:29 - Apr 23 by MarkTWTD

I'm not too good with selfies... but here's one I took earlier...

Just as I imagined you!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 17:36 - Apr 23 with 3396 viewsDennyx4

Done, albeit I do not contribute with many posts - I often read through the comments and content and feel like I know the community.

I too spend a lot of time on the site, and it certainly helps in these troubled times.

Cheers for all that you do.
Everyone needs a community, especially at times like these on 18:04 - Apr 23 with 3377 viewsjaykay

just seen this so donated the £24 plus a extra £1 for hobnobs.
just one question which may sound daft, how do you know who has donated. do paypal tell you the name and email of the person who has donated and you can match them up with their username

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024