Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PMQs 12:12 - May 20 with 8307 viewsuefacup81

Boris' head is gone. Ranting and almost shouting now.

To top that off, Lindsay Hoyle offering Matt Hancock outside.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

PMQs on 17:04 - May 20 with 1626 viewsGlasgowBlue

PMQs on 16:57 - May 20 by sparks

I disagree.

Starmer can certainly swing the middle ground folks and those who respect reason over bluster.

All it needs is those Northern Labour seats to swing back, post brexit, to their traditional positions- not at all impossible once recession and cuts hit further, alongside ever more damning analysis of why we have the worst figures in Europe. Though Scotland is still a problem for Labour.

It's going to take a massive swing that has not been seen in our lifetime. That said these are strange times and voters are less tribal.

A bit of trivia for you. No party has won a majority against a party who had a majority since 1970.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

PMQs on 17:06 - May 20 with 1619 viewsflimflam

PMQs on 16:57 - May 20 by sparks

I disagree.

Starmer can certainly swing the middle ground folks and those who respect reason over bluster.

All it needs is those Northern Labour seats to swing back, post brexit, to their traditional positions- not at all impossible once recession and cuts hit further, alongside ever more damning analysis of why we have the worst figures in Europe. Though Scotland is still a problem for Labour.

To me it looks like the same cabinet, the same ideas and the same model as before albeit with a shiny new knob on the top.

Starmer is as anti brexit as they come and in favour of mass immigration, he's also pro mansion tax, pro wealth taxes, pro abolishing private school, pro enhanced union rights, anti business, anti private sector and so on.

Now I am not saying all the above are bad but it sounds like groundhog day to me.

Time will tell but Starmer is not the man to save Labour. He was not even the first choice candidate.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

PMQs on 17:07 - May 20 with 1617 viewssparks

PMQs on 17:04 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

It's going to take a massive swing that has not been seen in our lifetime. That said these are strange times and voters are less tribal.

A bit of trivia for you. No party has won a majority against a party who had a majority since 1970.

Its a long way off- regrettably.

But if people like me are seriously considering a vote for Starmer already- its not impossible.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

PMQs on 17:08 - May 20 with 1610 viewsmonytowbray

PMQs on 16:24 - May 20 by flimflam

No panic. This is the same Starmer who sat in cabinet for 4 yrs and not a peep about the antisemitism even though his wife is Jewish. The same Starmer who tried to overthrow Brexit Referendum at whatever cost.
He is just a more articulate Corbyn in a posh suit.

Labour supporters who voted Brexit will never return while he is leader

It’s amazing what you can believe when you have no idea what you’re on about, isn’t it?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

PMQs on 17:10 - May 20 with 1602 viewsflimflam

PMQs on 17:08 - May 20 by monytowbray

It’s amazing what you can believe when you have no idea what you’re on about, isn’t it?

Can you even see me down here from that high ground you be standing on?

PMQs on 17:27 - May 20 with 1567 viewsm14_blue

The usual rules of politics are no more. The last election proved that and yet people still point to precedent.

I actually live in the red wall, these mythical Labour voters are my friends and workmates, I talk to them every day about this stuff. If anyone on the Tory side thinks that rehashing anti semitism claims or calling Starmer for his pro remain stance will win them an election next time they are on for a huge shock.

Opinion has turned massively against the government up here already.

Of course, if Brexit is the success they claim it will be and they turn out to be a progressive, reforming government who shows an interest in narrowing the wealth divide and supporting the regions then they’ll win, hell - I’ll vote for them.

But I’m not holding my breath.
PMQs on 17:30 - May 20 with 1553 viewseireblue

PMQs on 17:10 - May 20 by flimflam

Well, you could stop digging in that hole.
PMQs on 17:30 - May 20 with 1559 viewsflimflam

PMQs on 17:27 - May 20 by m14_blue

The usual rules of politics are no more. The last election proved that and yet people still point to precedent.

I actually live in the red wall, these mythical Labour voters are my friends and workmates, I talk to them every day about this stuff. If anyone on the Tory side thinks that rehashing anti semitism claims or calling Starmer for his pro remain stance will win them an election next time they are on for a huge shock.

Opinion has turned massively against the government up here already.

Of course, if Brexit is the success they claim it will be and they turn out to be a progressive, reforming government who shows an interest in narrowing the wealth divide and supporting the regions then they’ll win, hell - I’ll vote for them.

But I’m not holding my breath.

I'm sure his shambolic time as head of the Crown Prosecution Service will get wheeled out at some point to add to the cooking pot.

Login to get fewer ads

PMQs on 17:32 - May 20 with 1557 viewsm14_blue

PMQs on 17:30 - May 20 by flimflam

I'm sure his shambolic time as head of the Crown Prosecution Service will get wheeled out at some point to add to the cooking pot.

Perhaps.

Pretty slim pickings though. I think they may actually have to give people a reason to vote for them this time rather than just increasingly desperately trying to smear the opposition, there aren’t enough people as gullible as you around....
PMQs on 17:35 - May 20 with 1552 viewsSpruceMoose

Probably when you get desperate.

You lot should have worked to keep Corbyn in charge 😂

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

PMQs on 17:40 - May 20 with 1539 viewsflimflam

arf, you guys do make me smile bless ya cotton socks.

PMQs on 17:42 - May 20 with 1531 viewssparks

Shambolic in what way? Specifically?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

PMQs on 17:44 - May 20 with 1532 viewstractordownsouth

PMQs on 16:24 - May 20 by flimflam

No panic. This is the same Starmer who sat in cabinet for 4 yrs and not a peep about the antisemitism even though his wife is Jewish. The same Starmer who tried to overthrow Brexit Referendum at whatever cost.
He is just a more articulate Corbyn in a posh suit.

Labour supporters who voted Brexit will never return while he is leader

The anti-semitism in Labour is a huge issue and Starmer’s taking steps to eradicate it. However If you cite anti-semitism as the reason for not voting Labour and then vote for Boris “picanninny” Johnson, whose party contains all number of anti-Muslim members and even MPs, then you’re a hypocrite.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

PMQs on 17:45 - May 20 with 1521 viewsSpruceMoose

PMQs on 17:40 - May 20 by flimflam

arf, you guys do make me smile bless ya cotton socks.

Smile? It's probably wind from all the gulping of air involved in your desperate 'But Labour' sputtering! 😂

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

PMQs on 17:46 - May 20 with 1518 viewsmonytowbray

PMQs on 17:10 - May 20 by flimflam

Not so much me on high ground the problem here as you being a f*cking idiot.

The hoops you jumped through to form your opinion are almost Trump-worship levels of ill informed.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

PMQs on 17:47 - May 20 with 1513 viewstractordownsouth

PMQs on 17:06 - May 20 by flimflam

To me it looks like the same cabinet, the same ideas and the same model as before albeit with a shiny new knob on the top.

Starmer is as anti brexit as they come and in favour of mass immigration, he's also pro mansion tax, pro wealth taxes, pro abolishing private school, pro enhanced union rights, anti business, anti private sector and so on.

Now I am not saying all the above are bad but it sounds like groundhog day to me.

Time will tell but Starmer is not the man to save Labour. He was not even the first choice candidate.

Same cabinet? Corbyn, McDonnell, Abbott, Burgon and Butler are as far onto the back benches as you can get.

Starmer isn’t in favour of abolishing private schools - he said so in the news night leadership debate.

Anti private sector? What does that even mean?

If that’s the best you’ve got then that’s desperate I’m afraid

PMQs on 17:48 - May 20 with 1502 viewstractordownsouth

I think we’ll end up with a similar result to 2017 at the next election, and then Starmer may win the time after. Don’t think it’ll be possible to form a Labour government in 2024.

PMQs on 17:56 - May 20 with 1480 viewsjas0999

They all shout at PMQs!
PMQs on 18:04 - May 20 with 1469 viewsGlasgowBlue

PMQs on 17:48 - May 20 by tractordownsouth

I think we’ll end up with a similar result to 2017 at the next election, and then Starmer may win the time after. Don’t think it’ll be possible to form a Labour government in 2024.

I agree that it's highly unlikely Labour can win in 2024.

Not least because the Tories have a ruthlessness that Labour lack and will dump Johnson if he looks like he's become an electoral liability.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

PMQs on 18:05 - May 20 with 1463 viewsBloomBlue

PMQs on 17:48 - May 20 by tractordownsouth

I'm not even sure Starmer will be Labour leader at the next election. He has the honeymoon period at the moment but he will have to change some policies to show he isn't a Corbyn image the trouble then is will it start Labour infighting. If the saying is a week in politics is a long time, 4 and a half years is a generation.
If I was having a bet I would put a few pounds on neither BJ or KS being leader of their party come the next GE
PMQs on 18:06 - May 20 with 1464 viewsLibero

Christ, the state of these anti-Stammer posts :’)

They’ll struggle to discredit him in the manner they did Corbyn.
PMQs on 18:19 - May 20 with 1432 viewstractordownsouth

PMQs on 18:06 - May 20 by Libero

Christ, the state of these anti-Stammer posts :’)

They’ll struggle to discredit him in the manner they did Corbyn.

I’m not so sure. Just wait till he buys another donkey field and he’ll be toast.

PMQs on 18:34 - May 20 with 1410 viewsflimflam

PMQs on 17:46 - May 20 by monytowbray

Not so much me on high ground the problem here as you being a f*cking idiot.

The hoops you jumped through to form your opinion are almost Trump-worship levels of ill informed.

Does swearing on an internet forum make you feel hard?

PMQs on 18:54 - May 20 with 1382 viewsghostofescobar

Classic Dom has obviously instructed BlowJob to stop being passive and to get back to what BJ knows best i.e. lie, slight of hand, give a little bit of piffle paffle, play to the gallery, avoid a straight answer. To be fair it worked today against Kier and Kier will have to change tack if he wants to get one over on the Classic Dom version of BlowJob. Kier looked a little rattled I thought. You can see why the Tories want all MP's back asap. BlowJob plays well to a crowd, Kier maybe not so much. BJ can get away with lies and deceit when there's a baying mob to cheer him on. BJ is the most hideous of politicians. Nothing but self interest. If you believe him, you are a d1ck.

GhostOfEscobar

PMQs on 19:24 - May 20 with 1345 viewsbluelagos

PMQs on 15:44 - May 20 by GlasgowBlue

He shouldn’t be back at work. He’s clearly not fully recovered and isn’t leading from the front.

I suggested when he was hospitalised that the covid response should be run by Major, Blair and Brown.

I’m even more convinced having seen very little of Johnson since he’s “been back”.

He doesn't look well does he. Problem is, it's takes a brave and humble man to say "I need an extended break". Johnson is neither.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024