Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape 21:24 - May 24 with 6807 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I was furloughed by my company in March for 12 weeks. On the first night I had a 4 pack of beer and a pizza and thought I am going to go back even bigger than I already am or I will be dead.

So from day 2 to present day I have done a minimum of 10000 steps a day sometimes reaching 14/15k steps and my personal best is 26k steps in one day. I am also eating very clean, ditched fizzy drinks and alcohol. I have lost 2 1/2 stone in 8 weeks so far. My target was to lose 3 stone in 3 months which my whole family laughed at but it’s going ok.

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:28 - May 24 with 4225 viewsMullet

Trying to. I've gone from sparring 6-10+ hours a week and all day pacing my classroom to being chained to a laptop and an iPad all day.

I've completed the 10k kettlebell swings challenge and started another program, but I need to up my game and am struggling. Had a couple of illnesses and some other stuff that have prevented me.

I reckon I've gone up a fair amount of weight, but I've swapped the constant grazing of rubbish at work for cooking more extravagant stuff so it's been hard finding a new pattern for anything and sticking to it.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:33 - May 24 with 4190 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:28 - May 24 by Mullet

Trying to. I've gone from sparring 6-10+ hours a week and all day pacing my classroom to being chained to a laptop and an iPad all day.

I've completed the 10k kettlebell swings challenge and started another program, but I need to up my game and am struggling. Had a couple of illnesses and some other stuff that have prevented me.

I reckon I've gone up a fair amount of weight, but I've swapped the constant grazing of rubbish at work for cooking more extravagant stuff so it's been hard finding a new pattern for anything and sticking to it.

I have had a new lease of life when it comes to cooking. I have tried all sorts but start with a lean cut of meat little to no carbs plenty of veggies. I love my hot sauce so I use a low calorie sriracha sauce recommended by body builders when they are cutting weight etc.

I would have struggled if like you my main form of exercise had been taken away but I was a lazy slob in an office so this has reinvigorated me. I love sparring and got gloves and pads etc but no one that will spar with me (house full of women)
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:34 - May 24 with 4183 viewsEdwardStone

I have cut down on all non- critical movement and upped my pizza and beer intake

Not in the best shape of my life right now tbh
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:41 - May 24 with 4159 viewsMullet

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:33 - May 24 by ColchesterBlue1985

I have had a new lease of life when it comes to cooking. I have tried all sorts but start with a lean cut of meat little to no carbs plenty of veggies. I love my hot sauce so I use a low calorie sriracha sauce recommended by body builders when they are cutting weight etc.

I would have struggled if like you my main form of exercise had been taken away but I was a lazy slob in an office so this has reinvigorated me. I love sparring and got gloves and pads etc but no one that will spar with me (house full of women)

I have a toddler to feed so I think no carbs would see me living in the shed!

All the fancy cookbooks I've amassed are getting a good going through so I not only cook all the sauces, sides and experiment but do it in batches as I found supermarket veg goes off so quickly and I dare not waste it until the garden comes in.

All power to you for getting in shape it's never too late or a wasted effort in my view.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:42 - May 24 with 4153 viewsjeera

Yes, absolutely!

Oh sorry, I thought you said has anyone become more out of shape than they've ever been in their lives and still not doing an awful lot about it.

No then. Not in my case.

10,000 steps is 4 miles innit?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:42 - May 24 with 4155 viewslinhdi

That is great progress, OP! You've really grabbed this opportunity to change your lifestyle, and what a difference it has made!

I've lost a bit of weight, and have upped my exercise from an average of 17,000 steps a day to around 25,000, mainly by taking on a 300km walking challenge ( not as hard as it sounds - I have all of May to do it!), plus doing 2-3 zoom sessions a week. I'm definitely fitter, but need to work on the diet next.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:10 - May 24 with 4079 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:41 - May 24 by Mullet

I have a toddler to feed so I think no carbs would see me living in the shed!

All the fancy cookbooks I've amassed are getting a good going through so I not only cook all the sauces, sides and experiment but do it in batches as I found supermarket veg goes off so quickly and I dare not waste it until the garden comes in.

All power to you for getting in shape it's never too late or a wasted effort in my view.

Haha get that with a toddler lol and yes my first veg shop is now massively different after seeing so much of it go to waste.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:11 - May 24 with 4079 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:42 - May 24 by jeera

Yes, absolutely!

Oh sorry, I thought you said has anyone become more out of shape than they've ever been in their lives and still not doing an awful lot about it.

No then. Not in my case.

10,000 steps is 4 miles innit?

Yes around the 4 mile mark.
Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:12 - May 24 with 4074 viewsSpruceMoose

Round counts as a shape... Right?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:15 - May 24 with 4061 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:28 - May 24 by Mullet

Similarly realised that working from home was not going to be healthy for me. Have started couch to 5k - finish week 5 tomorrow - my first 20 min run.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:15 - May 24 with 4060 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:42 - May 24 by linhdi

That is great progress, OP! You've really grabbed this opportunity to change your lifestyle, and what a difference it has made!

I've lost a bit of weight, and have upped my exercise from an average of 17,000 steps a day to around 25,000, mainly by taking on a 300km walking challenge ( not as hard as it sounds - I have all of May to do it!), plus doing 2-3 zoom sessions a week. I'm definitely fitter, but need to work on the diet next.

Wow that’s excellent 25,000 a day is impressive. You are right though I always considered 15/16k far too much but I’m now hitting that with regularity. What I do track is my pace though as it obviously makes a huge difference in calories burned etc.

Thank you and I was looking forward to seeing everybody’s faces at work but received my notice of redundancy the other day which is a shame.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:16 - May 24 with 4047 viewsjeera

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:11 - May 24 by ColchesterBlue1985

Yes around the 4 mile mark.

That sounds quite a long way.

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:16 - May 24 with 4047 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:15 - May 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Similarly realised that working from home was not going to be healthy for me. Have started couch to 5k - finish week 5 tomorrow - my first 20 min run.

Excellent stuff
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:19 - May 24 with 4036 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:16 - May 24 by jeera

That sounds quite a long way.

I always considered it far but it’s far more straight forward than I thought.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:21 - May 24 with 4025 viewsjeera

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:19 - May 24 by ColchesterBlue1985

I always considered it far but it’s far more straight forward than I thought.

I used to really quite like you.

It's funny how you can go off people.

I need to look into this bed to fridge to couch to 5k thing.

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:27 - May 24 with 4008 viewsmonytowbray

I'm still working out so I've been making GAINZ but my waist has remained the same. Which is good really, I'm eating worse than I should but counting the calories closely.

Certainly feel a bit more toned.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:40 - May 24 with 3968 viewsKieran_Knows

I’ve signed up with a PT for when all this is over. At first I thought ‘only be a couple of months and hopefully be back in the gym’ however, a couple of months later, a bit heavier in weight, and no sign on the gym’s opening anytime soon, I should start cutting back. That said, I do go running 4 times a week, if I cut back on the food and booze, I’d have probably lost weight along the way.

I was never a home drinker before all this, but I’m going through booze like no before at the minute. In my 10 odd years since turning 18, I’d never touched wine, now I’ve got myself really into it and probably going through 4/5 bottles a week, plus a few beers each night.

I started back at work last week, so hoping to get a bit more normality back in my life (I’ve been working throughout all this, but have been at home so drinking in the evenings hasn’t been an issue).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 23:27 - May 24 with 3929 viewsfactual_blue

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:21 - May 24 by jeera

I used to really quite like you.

It's funny how you can go off people.

I need to look into this bed to fridge to couch to 5k thing.

Lavenham to Long Melford along the railway walk is about 4.5 miles, if that's any help.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 23:31 - May 24 with 3920 viewsjeera

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 23:27 - May 24 by factual_blue

Lavenham to Long Melford along the railway walk is about 4.5 miles, if that's any help.

Won't I get into trouble for driving along there?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 23:36 - May 24 with 3915 viewsfactual_blue

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 23:31 - May 24 by jeera

Won't I get into trouble for driving along there?

There's the story of the not-very-famous train crash on the line in Victorian times, and a fascinating WW2 pill box.

I'd suggest you leave your car at the other end of the walk in Long Melford before starting out from Lavenham.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 23:45 - May 24 with 3898 viewsjeera

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 23:36 - May 24 by factual_blue

There's the story of the not-very-famous train crash on the line in Victorian times, and a fascinating WW2 pill box.

I'd suggest you leave your car at the other end of the walk in Long Melford before starting out from Lavenham.

Yes thank you.

I'll bear that advice in mind.

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 09:33 - May 25 with 3761 viewsitfcjoe

Yes and no, way too much snacking but also have got out running again and gone from the couch to 5k.

Need to keep that up and start to eat a bit better and hopefully the gym will open again soon

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 12:03 - May 25 with 3705 viewsbrazil1982

Yes, just before WFH I had a mid-life MOT with the Doctor's and was told to lose weight, basically. I have been eating less and doing some youtube workouts and long walks. I have been consuming a little more alcohol though.

I've lost a stone during this time, so pleased with that. Another stone to go.

I do move less during the day though, not being in an office building.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 12:23 - May 25 with 3666 viewsGlasgowBlue

I did the opposite. Spent the first few weeks of lockdown as if I was in holiday and out in a stone. Have spent the second half rectifying that and losing it.

I’m now intending to use the next 5 weeks I expect to still not be working to lose another stone and half.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 12:42 - May 25 with 3643 viewsSwansea_Blue

I was starting to until I aggravated a torn calf injury I picked up a couple of years ago. I'm paranoid about the achilles popping now it's doing most of the work, so I've eased off and the only 'sets' I'm doing are shuttle runs carrying a cold beer from fridge to the garden furniture.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024