Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape 21:24 - May 24 with 6934 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I was furloughed by my company in March for 12 weeks. On the first night I had a 4 pack of beer and a pizza and thought I am going to go back even bigger than I already am or I will be dead.

So from day 2 to present day I have done a minimum of 10000 steps a day sometimes reaching 14/15k steps and my personal best is 26k steps in one day. I am also eating very clean, ditched fizzy drinks and alcohol. I have lost 2 1/2 stone in 8 weeks so far. My target was to lose 3 stone in 3 months which my whole family laughed at but it’s going ok.

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 12:56 - May 25 with 2365 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Yep, this weeks shape is a 20kg bag of spuds.

Actually, since mid January, have gone from a rather porky 13 stone 9 pounds to a much more respectable 11 stone 6 pounds. Apart from a blip the first couple of weeks of lockdown, i,m on target to get to 11 stone, certainly not going without a few bevvies either, but healthy eating and still being able to work to some degree in the counties lovely gardens has kept me on track.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 12:58 - May 25 with 2355 viewsfooters

Good lord no.

My legs have atrophied to the point where it hurts to walk 5 mins to the shop. And that's just the way I like it.

Now to fire up the barbie and get some minted lamb chops on the grill :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 13:08 - May 25 with 2333 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 12:58 - May 25 by footers

Good lord no.

My legs have atrophied to the point where it hurts to walk 5 mins to the shop. And that's just the way I like it.

Now to fire up the barbie and get some minted lamb chops on the grill :)

Salivating just thinking about that.

The chops dear boy, not your atrophied pins.

No haslet to accompany said lamb?

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 14:47 - May 25 with 2305 viewsBlueAllOver

Yep while on furlough leave, started running every day.
Started with 5k very slowly, now run a number of half marathon distances. Eating a little more healthily, and result of all this lost 2 stone, a few more pounds to get to target weight. Will definitely keep up the running and add swimming whenever that starts back up.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 14:50 - May 25 with 2295 viewsShawsey

Fortunately, I have been able to keep working throughout. I would have gone crazy by now if I were at home for that length of time. Sympathy with all who have had to.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 15:15 - May 25 with 2279 viewsfooters

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 13:08 - May 25 by StochesStotasBlewe

Salivating just thinking about that.

The chops dear boy, not your atrophied pins.

No haslet to accompany said lamb?

You're only human after all...

No haslet I'm afraid, dear chap. The stuff is rarer than rocking horse sh1t here in the nation's capital. We've got some lovely jerk chicken and whole sardines on the go though. If only the neighbours had a better taste in music... Hope you're enjoying your socially distant driveway drinking :)

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 17:12 - May 25 with 2244 viewsjeera

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 15:15 - May 25 by footers

No haslet I'm afraid, dear chap. The stuff is rarer than rocking horse sh1t here in the nation's capital. We've got some lovely jerk chicken and whole sardines on the go though. If only the neighbours had a better taste in music... Hope you're enjoying your socially distant driveway drinking :)

"We"?

You have friends?

A woman?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 17:15 - May 25 with 2234 viewsfooters

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 17:12 - May 25 by jeera

"We"?

You have friends?

A woman?

NotSure's popped up for the afternoon....

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 20:10 - May 25 with 2205 viewsJ2BLUE

Change shape? No, but have used the time to become a smaller circle. 3 stone lighter than New Years Day (1.5 since lockdown began).

Like you it suddenly hit me that this was a massive opportunity.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 20:15 - May 25 with 2192 viewsjeera

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 20:10 - May 25 by J2BLUE

Change shape? No, but have used the time to become a smaller circle. 3 stone lighter than New Years Day (1.5 since lockdown began).

3 stone?

That's extraordinary J.

Seriously well done to you!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:01 - May 25 with 2169 viewsColchesterBlue1985

That’s fantastic good on you
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:08 - May 25 with 2148 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 21:01 - May 25 by ColchesterBlue1985

That’s fantastic good on you

Thanks mate, you too!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 06:11 - May 26 with 2109 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 15:15 - May 25 by footers

Enjoyed the socially distant driveway drinking a little too much dear boy. Not in Mrs Pinewoods good books this morning

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 07:04 - May 26 with 2095 viewsBlueBoots

Really glad that you took that decision on Day 2, and that's a great achievement.

What you need to do now is look at this as "stage one", as the difficult thing will be when the lockdown is over - when there might be fewer opportunities for exercise when you return to work, and more opportunities for eating and drinking (meeting friends, pubs / restaurants reopening etc.)

I lost a similar amount of weight to you about 10 years ago, and keeping it off involved lifestyle changes (cycling is now my main mode of transport, and I do other bike rides for fun - I also had to make a tough decision to spend less time with some friends who are big drinkers / eaters, to avoid the temptation of slipping into old habits), so I wish you well with achieving the rest of your target, and the tough(er) part that follows.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 07:34 - May 26 with 2084 viewsReuser_is_God

Nice one.

Feel as though I’ve lost a bit purely because I’m eating better lunches at home than I would at work as I have more time to prep thing rather than rushing around & ending up getting a sh1tty meal deal from Coop. Also I’m not raiding the office biscuit tub everytime I get a drink.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 08:12 - May 26 with 2068 viewsReuser_is_God

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 22:40 - May 24 by Kieran_Knows

I’ve signed up with a PT for when all this is over. At first I thought ‘only be a couple of months and hopefully be back in the gym’ however, a couple of months later, a bit heavier in weight, and no sign on the gym’s opening anytime soon, I should start cutting back. That said, I do go running 4 times a week, if I cut back on the food and booze, I’d have probably lost weight along the way.

I was never a home drinker before all this, but I’m going through booze like no before at the minute. In my 10 odd years since turning 18, I’d never touched wine, now I’ve got myself really into it and probably going through 4/5 bottles a week, plus a few beers each night.

I started back at work last week, so hoping to get a bit more normality back in my life (I’ve been working throughout all this, but have been at home so drinking in the evenings hasn’t been an issue).

Few wines in Degeros when we can go back en

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 08:26 - May 26 with 2058 viewsBlueStreak

Ive ran 100km in April and almost done the same in May. Also started getting back out on my bike, 60km yesterday and hope to ride 100km Saturday morning whilst aiming for 250km of cycling in June. Also joined Fynn Valley so hopefully be playing golf at least twice a week whilst carrying my clubs which is decent fitness.

Really missing playing football so have had to find other ways of filling the void. Saving circa 4 hours a day commuting so trying to make the most of it.

This situation has really made me re set my life goals. Need to spend less time in London working and drinking that is for sure. Feel so much better for it.
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 08:41 - May 26 with 2048 viewshoppy

Did you change your cooking style to achieve that?

Well done though!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 09:37 - May 26 with 2029 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sort of

I’ve always been pretty fit thanks to playing football etc however since running the marathon last year I’d basically stopped running completely aside from footy training and instead doing weights at the gym 5 days a week

Since gyms were shut down I’ve been out running again 3/4 times a week in addition to doing some bodyweight stuff at home, and to be honest I hadn’t realised how much my cardio had slipped. Have a much better balance now and am the fittest I’ve been in ages - to the point that I’m considering whether the gym membership is worth it once things are back to normal

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 12:00 - May 26 with 2006 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 07:04 - May 26 by BlueBoots

Really glad that you took that decision on Day 2, and that's a great achievement.

What you need to do now is look at this as "stage one", as the difficult thing will be when the lockdown is over - when there might be fewer opportunities for exercise when you return to work, and more opportunities for eating and drinking (meeting friends, pubs / restaurants reopening etc.)

I lost a similar amount of weight to you about 10 years ago, and keeping it off involved lifestyle changes (cycling is now my main mode of transport, and I do other bike rides for fun - I also had to make a tough decision to spend less time with some friends who are big drinkers / eaters, to avoid the temptation of slipping into old habits), so I wish you well with achieving the rest of your target, and the tough(er) part that follows.

Thank you me too. I am looking forward to when the next few weeks and months bring. My whole outlook on food has changed dramatically and I can’t see my going back to the way I was. I may have a treat every now and again but nowhere near the amount of “treats” i used to allow myself
Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 14:34 - May 26 with 1972 viewsSaleAway

Yeah - since the first day I started working from home, I've either run or cycled every day apart from 2 days. Have run over 400km in that time, and cycled about 600km

Have lost 2 stone since beginning of March, although the first bit of that was kickstarted by a particularly nasty bout of food poisoning.

Would probably have lost a bit more if I wasn't drinking so much, but have now addressed that by trying a load of different non-alcoholic beers. Found a few that aren't too bad at all.

If I can dip under 13stone ( about 4 lbs to go), I'll be well chuffed. Have also broken HM and 10k pbs so far. Hoping to get the 5k time down below 21 minutes too.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 14:37 - May 26 with 1965 viewsKieran_Knows

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 08:12 - May 26 by Reuser_is_God

Few wines in Degeros when we can go back en

Sounds like a plan. Not quite sure I'm ready for red wine just yet, but a bottle of white would go down well, ha!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 17:08 - May 26 with 1934 viewsOldsmoker

Being old hasn't convinced the yoof of today to give up the "Give up this seat to the elderly" seat on public transport.
So, I've gone for the old AND pregnant look. I think I've achieved a Jockey Wilson gut, but now we're being told to avoid public transport.
My day will come - I will have that seat.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 19:15 - May 26 with 1891 viewsbluelagos

Did a 50 miler today, 13.5 mph average speed. And feel absolutely fine at the end of it :-)

So yeah - think the lockdown has focused me on cycling rather than motorbiking for leisure.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anybody else used lockdown to get into shape on 20:25 - May 26 with 1856 viewsstopmoaning

I've lost just over 3 stone, going on a big calorie deficit. I can get no where near that many steps, as I have too much to do at home with still working and children, but I do workout each day. I've also got rid of fizzy drinks, and chocolate!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024