Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine 22:33 - Jul 13 with 20742 viewsElderGrizzly

About time too.

Pubs next?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:44 - Jul 13 with 3607 viewsfactual_blue

Won't it make people look like letterboxes boris?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:48 - Jul 13 with 3595 viewsrgp1

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:38 - Jul 13 by MattinLondon

The government bringing in the new rule about masks is more motivated by economic necessity than by Covid. A lot of people aren’t flocking to the shops because they feel scared - by making people wear them they hope more people will spend in shops and kickstart the economy.

What economy? There wont be much left by next year at this rate! As long as with my mask I can take my wheelbarrow of cash into the shop to buy my loaf of bread.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:50 - Jul 13 with 3590 viewsjeera

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:39 - Jul 13 by DebsyAngel

How do you prove you are exempt when have breathing problems and anxiety? Wave my inhaler to all and sundry? Going to do my anxiety the power of good and it's an ordeal now going into town once a week, and I force myself to do it otherwise I go insane being in the house 95% of my time. I have an exemption for the bus, but I cannot face having to argue with people in shops that I have certain invisible conditions that would worsen should I wear a mask. I tried to wear one and lasted 10 mins and nearly fainted. I cannot understand how pubs can be ok to not wear one, but going to a shop and keeping distance and using hand gel etc isn't?

You'll need to ask the doc for a letter I suppose?

It's not a case of arguing, if you're not wearing one without reason they are obliged to send you away.

Whatever you use for the bus exemption will be the same, no?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:53 - Jul 13 with 3574 viewsTractorWood

Tories get to the right answer after 2 months.

There is a theme emerging.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:54 - Jul 13 with 3574 viewsDebsyAngel

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:50 - Jul 13 by jeera

You'll need to ask the doc for a letter I suppose?

It's not a case of arguing, if you're not wearing one without reason they are obliged to send you away.

Whatever you use for the bus exemption will be the same, no?

I carry my inhaler anyhow with me and my exemption card for the bus and have no problems showing these to anyone who questions me, but my anxiety is at worrying levels. I have started meds to try and help and may as well chuck them away for the panic this has caused me.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:55 - Jul 13 with 3568 viewsTractorWood

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:48 - Jul 13 by rgp1

What economy? There wont be much left by next year at this rate! As long as with my mask I can take my wheelbarrow of cash into the shop to buy my loaf of bread.

All signs are pointing to a recession on the scale never witnessed before.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:56 - Jul 13 with 3572 viewsjeera

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:54 - Jul 13 by DebsyAngel

I carry my inhaler anyhow with me and my exemption card for the bus and have no problems showing these to anyone who questions me, but my anxiety is at worrying levels. I have started meds to try and help and may as well chuck them away for the panic this has caused me.

You'd think the card you have would work for everywhere, but there'll no doubt be someone who won't accept it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:01 - Jul 14 with 3550 viewsDebsyAngel

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:56 - Jul 13 by jeera

You'd think the card you have would work for everywhere, but there'll no doubt be someone who won't accept it.

If that is the case, I will never leave the house again, and not even see my birthday in a couple of weeks. I cannot live with this pressure. I did not ask to have medical conditions, so why should some gestapo in a shop or a police officer (who never wear masks and walk closer together than a married couple) judge me? I fear a lot of people with mental health and anxiety will not be able to take any more and suicides will be happening a lot more. Sorry to be so blunt, but that;s my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:01 - Jul 14 with 3549 viewsGlasgowBlue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:39 - Jul 13 by DebsyAngel

How do you prove you are exempt when have breathing problems and anxiety? Wave my inhaler to all and sundry? Going to do my anxiety the power of good and it's an ordeal now going into town once a week, and I force myself to do it otherwise I go insane being in the house 95% of my time. I have an exemption for the bus, but I cannot face having to argue with people in shops that I have certain invisible conditions that would worsen should I wear a mask. I tried to wear one and lasted 10 mins and nearly fainted. I cannot understand how pubs can be ok to not wear one, but going to a shop and keeping distance and using hand gel etc isn't?

You get an official “mask exempt” lanyard.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:08 - Jul 14 with 3536 viewsDebsyAngel

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:01 - Jul 14 by GlasgowBlue

You get an official “mask exempt” lanyard.

Where do you get these from? I have not heard of these. The closest I saw was a thing to put on your phone from the Asthma Organisation, but anyone could do that, genuine or not.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:28 - Jul 14 with 3504 viewsstonojnr

totally agree, do people look at Chris Froome and automatically think asthmatic ? so how do people think you can judge whether anyone has breathing problems just from looking at how fit and healthy they appear on the surface.

if Boris and co thinks this is going to make people rush back to the highstreet anytime soon, they really dont understand human behaviour at all.

the only reason pubs will be exempt for now is it would kill them totally, people arent flocking back to pubs as it is, telling everyone to sit there wearing masks whilst trying to share a drink with friends , when you can sit in their garden instead.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:40 - Jul 14 with 3479 viewsDebsyAngel

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:28 - Jul 14 by stonojnr

totally agree, do people look at Chris Froome and automatically think asthmatic ? so how do people think you can judge whether anyone has breathing problems just from looking at how fit and healthy they appear on the surface.

if Boris and co thinks this is going to make people rush back to the highstreet anytime soon, they really dont understand human behaviour at all.

the only reason pubs will be exempt for now is it would kill them totally, people arent flocking back to pubs as it is, telling everyone to sit there wearing masks whilst trying to share a drink with friends , when you can sit in their garden instead.

Thanks for understanding. That is the problem with invisible illnesses - nobody can see them and judge you because you don't "look ill". They cannot see the panic and turmoil going on inside my mind and body. And masks can be dangerous - some medical advisers have stated this - they can cause pleurisy and I had that last year and it took 10 months to recover from.

I have been doing my best, distancing from people, following arrows in supermarkets, using hand gel, wipes on baskets and handrails/escalators etc and wiping everything down once I am home. People cannot even follow "keep left" signs in town, just walking where they like.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 01:01 - Jul 14 with 3454 viewsrgp1

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:40 - Jul 14 by DebsyAngel

Thanks for understanding. That is the problem with invisible illnesses - nobody can see them and judge you because you don't "look ill". They cannot see the panic and turmoil going on inside my mind and body. And masks can be dangerous - some medical advisers have stated this - they can cause pleurisy and I had that last year and it took 10 months to recover from.

I have been doing my best, distancing from people, following arrows in supermarkets, using hand gel, wipes on baskets and handrails/escalators etc and wiping everything down once I am home. People cannot even follow "keep left" signs in town, just walking where they like.

Many disabilities are hidden and my guess is that many people suffer from respiratory illnesses that we don't see, therefore wearing face masks will be a major issue for lots of people.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 06:20 - Jul 14 with 3397 viewsGlasgowBlue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 00:08 - Jul 14 by DebsyAngel

Where do you get these from? I have not heard of these. The closest I saw was a thing to put on your phone from the Asthma Organisation, but anyone could do that, genuine or not.

Several disability support orgs are offering them. At a price.

https://shop.disabilityhorizons.com/products/ppe/mask-exemption-travel-card-lany

https://hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/hidden-disabilities-face-covering.html

Although this does seem open to abuse as it appears anyone can by one.

Iron Lion Zion

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 06:52 - Jul 14 with 3371 viewsbluelagos

Can't see how pubs, restuarants and cafes can adopt this as you cant eat or drink through one.

So expect another "business v health" debate over the coming days before we are told that face coverings aren't necessary in places where you eat.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 07:18 - Jul 14 with 3351 viewsBrianTablet

Better get down to your local Pestfix and buy one asap.

Keep Gove & Co oozing in ill-gotten gains.

https://www.ft.com/content/43bb10de-645a-43a4-bb7e-ac3978ec445d

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 07:26 - Jul 14 with 3341 viewsElderGrizzly

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:28 - Jul 13 by jeera

Well you're not going to get much of an argument there.

The thing has been farcical.

But having a rule to wear a mask inside a shop is pretty clear.

As others have said, it's something that needs to be enforced everywhere for a time.

Yes, it will be harder for people who have hearing problems, but I'm sure most will be sensible enough to understand why and be able to make some further adjustments.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2020 23:28]

Singling out shops is an issue though. It should be any indoor space where public have access to if they are serious about combatting this.
Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 07:40 - Jul 14 with 3331 views26_Paz

I’m worried about the affect on shops. Many pig headed people will simply only enter shops the absolute bare minimum. Could send a lot of shops to the wall.

The Paz Man

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 07:44 - Jul 14 with 3315 views26_Paz

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 23:38 - Jul 13 by MattinLondon

The government bringing in the new rule about masks is more motivated by economic necessity than by Covid. A lot of people aren’t flocking to the shops because they feel scared - by making people wear them they hope more people will spend in shops and kickstart the economy.

I’ve got a feeling it may have the opposite affect. A lot of people will avoid the high street because of this ...

The Paz Man

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 07:59 - Jul 14 with 3295 viewsfooters

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 07:40 - Jul 14 by 26_Paz

I’m worried about the affect on shops. Many pig headed people will simply only enter shops the absolute bare minimum. Could send a lot of shops to the wall.

I don't think you've accounted for the huge windfall that your glorious Brexit will bestow on our great country. Any minor hiccups that covid may cause the benefits of Brexit will cure in no time flat. January can't come soon enough, really...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:00 - Jul 14 with 3298 viewsGlasgowBlue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 06:52 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Can't see how pubs, restuarants and cafes can adopt this as you cant eat or drink through one.

So expect another "business v health" debate over the coming days before we are told that face coverings aren't necessary in places where you eat.

It’s a fine balance. If you wear a mask every time you shop but don’t wear one in a pub or restaurant then you are at least mitigating the risk by a greater extent than not wearing one at all.

Pubs and restaurants will carry a greater risk. But alternative is it put every pub and restaurant out of business.

Iron Lion Zion

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:06 - Jul 14 with 3287 viewsGlasgowBlue

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 07:44 - Jul 14 by 26_Paz

I’ve got a feeling it may have the opposite affect. A lot of people will avoid the high street because of this ...

Why? There is no great effort in putting a piece of cloth over your face.

Iron Lion Zion

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:12 - Jul 14 with 3272 views26_Paz

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:06 - Jul 14 by GlasgowBlue

I know that, you know that but there are a lot of awkward people around. Already spoke to a fair few who are saying ‘if I have to wear a mask I’ll just shop the bare minimum until it’s lifted’. I don’t get it myself but I’m hearing that a lot and worried about how it will impact high street recovery ...

The Paz Man

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:14 - Jul 14 with 3265 viewsMullet

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:06 - Jul 14 by GlasgowBlue

Read any comments section under one of these stories. Hilarious and frightening in equal measure.

Universally they are nearly all middle aged, white, suntan challenged and angry ranting blokes talking about their liberty and some such sh1te and memes about how effective masks are in reality.

While it's possibly too little too late, I do feel really guilty about the times I've gone shopping not wearing one in case any one around here thinks I'm one of them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:20 - Jul 14 with 3246 views26_Paz

Masks required from 24th July in shops or a £100 fine on 08:14 - Jul 14 by Mullet

Read any comments section under one of these stories. Hilarious and frightening in equal measure.

Universally they are nearly all middle aged, white, suntan challenged and angry ranting blokes talking about their liberty and some such sh1te and memes about how effective masks are in reality.

While it's possibly too little too late, I do feel really guilty about the times I've gone shopping not wearing one in case any one around here thinks I'm one of them.

There was a guy on TV yesterday (I can’t remember who he was). He was saying that polling has shown that Britons are some on the most cautious people in Europe when it comes to their attitude to corona. Polling has also shown that we are the country with the least support for mask wearing in Europe. Baffling. *Probably because the government spent months telling us they were useless!*

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024