Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Masks in shops 14:25 - Jul 25 with 8276 viewsfooters

Was just having a chinwag with the fella who runs the local shop. He said that the overwhelming majority who've been in since the new rule was introduced haven't been wearing masks inside.

With small independent shops I guess they don't have the ability to enforce the rule, but then for the major supermarkets to come out and allow people without masks when they could enforce it, it's nuts.

Maybe I'm fretting over nothing, but what the last few months have shown us is pretty depressing in terms of helping each other during a crisis by following the rules.

P.S. I know the guy's parents who are well into their eighties now. Maybe the other customers don't know he has to visit them regularly, but it makes me angry that people could potentially be affecting their health by not wearing their masks.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Masks in shops on 14:59 - Jul 25 with 5345 viewsJ2BLUE

It's easy to say when businesses need every sale they can get but there should be a zero tolerance policy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Masks in shops on 15:04 - Jul 25 with 5328 viewsAce_High1

Masks in shops on 14:59 - Jul 25 by J2BLUE

It's easy to say when businesses need every sale they can get but there should be a zero tolerance policy.

I went shopping today in a mask for the first time.

Ok it wasn't ideal but it was fine. These are the rules and it is to help everyone, so why do some have such an issue with it?
Masks in shops on 15:08 - Jul 25 with 5302 viewsfooters

Masks in shops on 14:59 - Jul 25 by J2BLUE

The big four supermarkets have all been doing well over the lockdown period, financially anyway. So while it's a consideration I think the big guys are covered for now.

It's just disappointing they may help the spread with this policy and, as ever, the biggest burden is felt by those independents who don't have the staff or finances to protect their own health in the same way.

Oh and another thing while I'm on a boring rant... "2 customers inside the shop at any one time" - perfectly reasonable, but luv, if you're going to fill out a dozen lottery tickets by hand, why not do it at home instead of holding us all up?!

Masks in shops on 15:10 - Jul 25 with 5303 viewsWestover

Here in the Algarve we have been using masks since May in shops on trains and buses if you forget your told to put it on and everybody uses them it's no problem, by wearing one you protects others, I don't understand all the fuss about wearing them in the UK crazy😷
Masks in shops on 15:10 - Jul 25 with 5292 viewsgtsb1966

Masks in shops on 15:04 - Jul 25 by Ace_High1

Ok it wasn't ideal but it was fine. These are the rules and it is to help everyone, so why do some have such an issue with it?

I haven't got an issue with it either and I wore a mask yesterday for the first time. I think the apathy with a lot of people is that we should've been doing this four months ago, not just starting, so what's the point.
Masks in shops on 15:10 - Jul 25 with 5301 viewsStokieBlue

Saw someone getting abused yesterday when they were asking someone to wear a mask. The bloke then did a weird dance thing saying "we must obey our overlords".

It was very weird and he was a massive tw*t.

Unfortunately I fear it was far from a solitary incident.

Other shops (such as Whole Foods) weren't letting people in without masks for a few weeks now and were/are very strict about it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Masks in shops on 15:10 - Jul 25 with 5299 viewsKeno

I have been adhering the government policy but some funny looks in my local co-op wearing may mask

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Masks in shops on 15:15 - Jul 25 with 5263 viewsfooters

Masks in shops on 15:10 - Jul 25 by StokieBlue

Saw someone getting abused yesterday when they were asking someone to wear a mask. The bloke then did a weird dance thing saying "we must obey our overlords".

It was very weird and he was a massive tw*t.

Unfortunately I fear it was far from a solitary incident.

Other shops (such as Whole Foods) weren't letting people in without masks for a few weeks now and were/are very strict about it.

SB

I really don't get this new attitude of irresponsible 'individualism'. Or maybe it was always like this. We're becoming more like the States by the day and it's depressing to see.

It's just a piece of fcking cloth. Wear it, snowflake*.

*Not you, SB.

Login to get fewer ads

Masks in shops on 15:16 - Jul 25 with 5260 viewseireblue

Masks in shops on 15:10 - Jul 25 by Keno

I have been adhering the government policy but some funny looks in my local co-op wearing may mask

Probably the new hair trim, bit more cut back they are used to.
Masks in shops on 15:19 - Jul 25 with 5242 viewsKeno

Masks in shops on 15:16 - Jul 25 by eireblue

Probably the new hair trim, bit more cut back they are used to.

that's what I thought

I probably shouldnt have shaved

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Masks in shops on 15:37 - Jul 25 with 5184 viewshoppy

Masks in shops on 15:10 - Jul 25 by Keno

That's why mum's go to Iceland...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Masks in shops on 15:38 - Jul 25 with 5180 viewsfooters

Masks in shops on 15:37 - Jul 25 by hoppy

That's why mum's go to Iceland...

Have to watch out for shrinkage when hovering over the freezer units...

Masks in shops on 15:40 - Jul 25 with 5171 viewshoppy

Masks in shops on 15:38 - Jul 25 by footers

Have to watch out for shrinkage when hovering over the freezer units...

I don't think that's a concern for most of the mums though - especially if Keno is sticking to shopping in the Co-op.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Masks in shops on 16:23 - Jul 25 with 5069 viewsm14_blue

Got to say I had the opposite experience yesterday.

Was very pleasantly surprised that the overwhelming majority of visitors to my businesses were wearing face coverings already and those that weren’t seemed to have genuinely forgotten and apologetically complied when asked.

As I say, it was far, far better than I had expected.

May help that I’m a big ugly fcuker though, I often find the gobsh1tes tend to mostly save their ignorant bile for young female staff.
Masks in shops on 16:55 - Jul 25 with 4941 viewsFtnfwest

Just been to cambridge, observed without exception I have to say.
Masks in shops on 17:07 - Jul 25 with 4903 viewsfactual_blue

Masks in shops on 16:55 - Jul 25 by Ftnfwest

Just been to cambridge, observed without exception I have to say.

A Remainer city.

#justsaying.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Masks in shops on 17:21 - Jul 25 with 4862 viewseireblue

Masks in shops on 17:07 - Jul 25 by factual_blue

A Remainer city.

#justsaying.

With lots of lovely cyclists. Highest percentage of cycling commuters in the country I once read.
Masks in shops on 17:31 - Jul 25 with 4835 viewsjaykay

Masks in shops on 15:15 - Jul 25 by footers

I really don't get this new attitude of irresponsible 'individualism'. Or maybe it was always like this. We're becoming more like the States by the day and it's depressing to see.

It's just a piece of fcking cloth. Wear it, snowflake*.

*Not you, SB.

no its always been like this. as i said in another thread, it was the same with seat belts and the drink drive law.people were moaning about their personal freedoms then.
another one was when the wearing crash helmut law came in. some of the lads in my avatar weren't happy bunnies at the time, that were forced to wear them. even thou we had lost close friends due to head injuries after motorbike crashes

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Masks in shops on 17:32 - Jul 25 with 4830 viewsFtnfwest

Masks in shops on 17:07 - Jul 25 by factual_blue

A Remainer city.

#justsaying.

Yep but they’re all ‘remaining’ at home
Masks in shops on 17:33 - Jul 25 with 4824 viewsFtnfwest

Masks in shops on 17:21 - Jul 25 by eireblue

With lots of lovely cyclists. Highest percentage of cycling commuters in the country I once read.

They obviously just count all the students! Learning to drive (many years ago) there wasn’t easy i can confirm.
Masks in shops on 17:41 - Jul 25 with 4802 viewsbluelagos

Masks in shops on 17:31 - Jul 25 by jaykay

no its always been like this. as i said in another thread, it was the same with seat belts and the drink drive law.people were moaning about their personal freedoms then.
another one was when the wearing crash helmut law came in. some of the lads in my avatar weren't happy bunnies at the time, that were forced to wear them. even thou we had lost close friends due to head injuries after motorbike crashes

I remember my Dad moaning at the seatbelt law. (Compulsory in 1983)

He often used to wrap it round his wrist and/or sit on it as an act of misguided defiance but not wanting a ticket. He kept it up for a couple of years before conforming.

Meanwhile we were happily sat with 3 kids in the boot (an estate car) with no worries about seat belts and/or concerns about getting rear ended.

TWTD

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Masks in shops on 17:41 - Jul 25 with 4803 viewsflimflam

Masks in shops on 15:04 - Jul 25 by Ace_High1

Popped my cherry today once for a grocery shop and once to nip down town.

Dont really see it as an issue, pop your mask on do your stuff leave and take it off. I dont like it but it is what it is.

Was one bloke wandering Tescos Copdock loudly telling his partner how he will never wear a mask. Surprised they allowed him in.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Masks in shops on 17:47 - Jul 25 with 4783 viewsRyorry

Masks in shops on 15:19 - Jul 25 by Keno

that's what I thought

I probably shouldnt have shaved

Shouldn't have shaved bottom of photo off for sure ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Masks in shops on 17:49 - Jul 25 with 4775 viewsjas0999

Popped into a supermarket this morning and didn’t see anyone not wearing a mask.
Masks in shops on 18:00 - Jul 25 with 4751 viewsbluelagos

"Maybe I'm fretting over nothing, but what the last few months have shown us is pretty depressing in terms of helping each other during a crisis by following the rules."

I think this is some way off tbh. If you rely on social media then absolutely this is the impression you will get. But the reality is that the Govt have said the levels of compliance on pretty much every guideline they issued has been exceeded.

The vast majority of people have changed their lives in many ways and continue to do so.

Just go to a train station and look at the car park on any weekday. You will see it is less than 10% full which is confirmed by the govt figures on train passengers. So 90% plus are following the rules. Arguably more if as some of the 10% on the trains are key workers.

And from what I saw earlier, every single person bar 1 in the local co-op was wearing a face covering. And I expect that to continue, just as it has in Scotland. That people post and make a noise about those who don't follow the guidelines will continue, but it doesn't change what you can see with your own eyes.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024