Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil 23:32 - Jul 28 with 4214 viewsStokieBlue

I find this graph quite shocking for a couple of reasons:

1). It really does highlight what an awful job the US have done, they were roughly following the trajectory of other countries (although from a much higher level) and are now back on a steep upward trajectory due to poor decisions, policies and public attitudes.

2). Brazil have never gotten on top of the virus. They haven't even managed the usual declining trajectory that the US managed for a while, it's just plateaued at 1000+ deaths a day with no sign of changing.

I know we knew this stuff already but seeing it on that graph really lays it bare.

You can see the source data and change the inputs here:

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=eur&areas=usa&areas=bra&areas=gbr&are

SB
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 23:33]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:07 - Jul 29 with 3622 viewsSpruceMoose

I'm staggered that this is what happens when you put clueless fúck nuggets in charge. Who could have foreseen that a man famous for being a 'reality' TV show host and child abuser could have handled this so badly?!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:38 - Jul 29 with 3592 viewsOldsmoker

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:07 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

I'm staggered that this is what happens when you put clueless fúck nuggets in charge. Who could have foreseen that a man famous for being a 'reality' TV show host and child abuser could have handled this so badly?!

Trump entered the Twilight Zone yesterday with his retweet of Dr Stella Immanuel.
She had advocated hydroxychoroquine and dismissed masks as not necessary.

From the Independent
In the past, Ms Immanuel has made several dubious medical claims, including the harmful effects of having sexual relations with demons and witches while dreaming, the alleged use of alien DNA in various medicines, and the production of a vaccine to inoculate people against being religious.

If this is Trumps 'witness for the defense' he needs a straightjacket.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:50 - Jul 29 with 3576 viewsjeera

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:38 - Jul 29 by Oldsmoker

Trump entered the Twilight Zone yesterday with his retweet of Dr Stella Immanuel.

From the Independent
In the past, Ms Immanuel has made several dubious medical claims, including the harmful effects of having sexual relations with demons and witches while dreaming, the alleged use of alien DNA in various medicines, and the production of a vaccine to inoculate people against being religious.

Her followers still thought her relatively sane until she retweeted his claims that injecting disinfectant and shining a great light inside the body would kill the virus.

The demon and aliens thing, sure, but this was just too much.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:58 - Jul 29 with 3570 viewsOldsmoker

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:50 - Jul 29 by jeera

Her followers still thought her relatively sane until she retweeted his claims that injecting disinfectant and shining a great light inside the body would kill the virus.

The demon and aliens thing, sure, but this was just too much.

I've always wondered how many of Trumps supporters would be comfortable with having a torch shoved up their a*se?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 01:07 - Jul 29 with 3550 viewsSpruceMoose

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:58 - Jul 29 by Oldsmoker

I've always wondered how many of Trumps supporters would be comfortable with having a torch shoved up their a*se?

They're more than happy to see it done to someone else if it means they get a finger instead.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 03:32 - Jul 29 with 3488 viewsIllinoisblue

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:07 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

You see the video of Trump dragging his right foot around yesterday? That and the needing two hands to hold a small glass of water is, per twitter, enough evidence he’s had a minor stroke.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 04:29 - Jul 29 with 3450 viewsSpruceMoose

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 03:32 - Jul 29 by Illinoisblue

You see the video of Trump dragging his right foot around yesterday? That and the needing two hands to hold a small glass of water is, per twitter, enough evidence he’s had a minor stroke.

I've seen the water clips. Combined with the way he talks, walks and generally conducts himself then yeah, there's something going on there.

Added to that there's also that mysterious hospital visit that was never fully explained, and then his Dr Nick style physician saying he was the healthiest man in the world... it wouldn't surprise me if there was something going on there.

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 06:46 - Jul 29 with 3371 viewsBlueBadger

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 03:32 - Jul 29 by Illinoisblue

I should point out though, that strokes do not include 'rampant bigotry' as a symptom.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 08:57 - Jul 29 with 3236 viewsSwansea_Blue

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 04:29 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

I've seen the water clips. Combined with the way he talks, walks and generally conducts himself then yeah, there's something going on there.

Added to that there's also that mysterious hospital visit that was never fully explained, and then his Dr Nick style physician saying he was the healthiest man in the world... it wouldn't surprise me if there was something going on there.

I'm sure we've all got our fingers crossed

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:10 - Jul 29 with 3202 viewsSwansea_Blue

Plotting new cases is an interesting one. Major pick ups in lot of countries. There's no sign that this is going away any time soon. Makes you wonder if we're going to reach a point where we just accept a certain level of cases and deaths rather than try to eradicate it (until we get a vaccine).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:11 - Jul 29 with 3200 viewsDanTheMan

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:38 - Jul 29 by Oldsmoker

From the Independent

I like the idea those claims are just "dubious" rather than just absolutely mental.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:14 - Jul 29 with 3193 viewshomer_123

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:10 - Jul 29 by Swansea_Blue

Plotting new cases is an interesting one. Major pick ups in lot of countries. There's no sign that this is going away any time soon. Makes you wonder if we're going to reach a point where we just accept a certain level of cases and deaths rather than try to eradicate it (until we get a vaccine).

Was discussing just this last night.

Have we got to the point where we accept that what we are doing isn't enough? You then decide either go full on lock-down and stay locked-down until vaccine arrives or do you say, back to normal but there is greater risks?

The current half-way house situation isn't working on so many levels.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:15 - Jul 29 with 3191 viewsOldsmoker

I once developed a limp in my leg overnight (not a euphenism).
Woke up in the morning and couldn't get my heel down on my right foot.
I thought I might have had a mini-stroke (again) but no, I had overstretched a muscle or something.
The doctor called it 'Obsessive Cross-legged syndrome' which I assume is double-speak for 'grow a pair because worst accidents happen at sea'.
It slowly eased and was gone after 3 weeks.
I think Trump has difficulty walking because Melania knees him in the nuts everytime he tries to cop a feel.

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:34 - Jul 29 with 3158 viewsTractorWood

From the Independent

Isn't she the doctor who thinks the world is run by a secret league of mega lizards? I can get on board with that but backing trump on that useless drug is a step too far.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:44 - Jul 29 with 3134 viewsStokieBlue

Indeed.

Am more worried about Brazil though - they aren't following the standard curves (which even the US managed for a while and could do again). They just seem to be a stable ecosystem for C19 to take hold.

With regards to the US, much of the public still seem to thingk an article like this, published in Feb, is still valid and reasonable:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/the-flu-has-already-killed-10000-across-us-as-wo

SB
[Post edited 29 Jul 2020 10:40]

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 10:24 - Jul 29 with 3085 viewsKeno

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 06:46 - Jul 29 by BlueBadger

I should point out though, that strokes do not include 'rampant bigotry' as a symptom.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:22 - Jul 29 with 3042 viewsNthQldITFC

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 00:58 - Jul 29 by Oldsmoker

Are we talking battery powered torch, or flaming lump of timber?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:29 - Jul 29 with 3030 viewsSteve_M

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 09:14 - Jul 29 by homer_123

Was discussing just this last night.

Have we got to the point where we accept that what we are doing isn't enough? You then decide either go full on lock-down and stay locked-down until vaccine arrives or do you say, back to normal but there is greater risks?

The current half-way house situation isn't working on so many levels.

It might work better with an effective test and trace programme, or at least one better than the UK one appears to be, but the

I think this FT link might be pay-walled but fits with the discussion here, a surge of cases in several European countries as - some - people interpret the end of lockdown as a reason to give up on other precautions.

https://www.ft.com/content/bcddc297-b7f2-444d-908f-54e8ce6f4f98?shareType=nongif

Also this, I don't see any essential problem with people travelling abroad - mentally it is probably a good thing - but behaviours on holiday need to be sensible which may not be the case.

"Tourists are a particular worry. Officials are concerned they are picking up the virus in crowded bars and nightclubs at resorts in countries such as Spain and spreading it among family and friends at home."

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:42 - Jul 29 with 3012 viewsElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you should be more quite shocked by the realisation that the USA and Brasil are rather large countries with large, spread out populations and this is merely a pandemic spreading across the countries?

Take a look at the relative population and death rates for the UK and the USA and you'll probably never get out of bed beause of your quiteshockedness (or smug ignorance)

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:49 - Jul 29 with 2996 viewsSaleAway

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:42 - Jul 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Perhaps you should be more quite shocked by the realisation that the USA and Brasil are rather large countries with large, spread out populations and this is merely a pandemic spreading across the countries?

Take a look at the relative population and death rates for the UK and the USA and you'll probably never get out of bed beause of your quiteshockedness (or smug ignorance)

corrected for population size - EU vs USA - doesn't make the US look much better....Its not the absolute numbers - its the fact that they are well into a 2nd spike, without ever getting on top of the first one.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:52 - Jul 29 with 2975 viewsfooters

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:42 - Jul 29 by ElephantintheRoom

Is there anything you won't be a contrary tit about?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 12:22 - Jul 29 with 2935 viewsSpruceMoose

Jesus wept how smooth is your brain?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 12:31 - Jul 29 with 2919 viewsBlueBadger

Fat, Edgy and stupid is no way to live your life, son.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 12:53 - Jul 29 with 2883 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 11:52 - Jul 29 by footers

Is there anything you won't be a contrary tit about?

Mary, although she was only quite contrary.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

A shocking graph highlighting C19 deaths in the US and Brazil on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 2798 viewsStokieBlue

Whilst others have responded I feel I should chime in given I made the OP.

I see your relationship with facts continues to be fleeting which is unfortunate for both yourself and anybody stupid enough to be taken in by your waffle.

My post was implicitly about the trajectory of the pandemic in those countries, something which you've totally ignored to make some contrarian point. Your point is only really valid (if at all) once the full trajectories have played out given the upward trends in both countries.

Baseline population, whilst relevant, isn't the most relevant point at the moment. Brazil also isn't as large as you make out, 3 times the population of the UK but with a flat-line 1000 cases a day for 40 days with no sign of tailing off like most other countries. If you extrapolate back to other countries by population then none have a curve that looks anything like Brazil's.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024