Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Parker eh? 07:02 - Aug 5 with 5642 viewsbobbyramsey

Were we ever linked with him?

I think we were at some point.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2020 7:03]
Scott Parker eh? on 08:49 - Aug 5 with 5547 viewsJakeITFC

Yeah we really nailed that choice of Scott Parker, Graham Potter, Frank Lampard and Paul Hurst.
Scott Parker eh? on 08:52 - Aug 5 with 5528 viewsHerbivore

He's done very well but Fulham is a massively different kettle of fish from the job here. The squad he's had at his disposal compared to what he would have inherited here is quite a contrast.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Scott Parker eh? on 08:55 - Aug 5 with 5519 viewsSomethingBlue

Yes and he may prove a good manager but I'll hold off too many plaudits at this point — Fulham really had to go up with that squad and often seemed to jumble through matches with odd moments of quality this season rather than a consistent style. He has done fine but hard to judge him at this point.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Scott Parker eh? on 08:58 - Aug 5 with 5505 viewsFixed_It

Scott Parker eh? on 08:55 - Aug 5 by SomethingBlue

Yes and he may prove a good manager but I'll hold off too many plaudits at this point — Fulham really had to go up with that squad and often seemed to jumble through matches with odd moments of quality this season rather than a consistent style. He has done fine but hard to judge him at this point.

I didn't see the match last night but from what I have heard he set them up perfectly to stifle Brentford. Is that a fair assessment?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Scott Parker eh? on 08:59 - Aug 5 with 5503 viewsPhilTWTD

Scott Parker eh? on 08:49 - Aug 5 by JakeITFC

Yeah we really nailed that choice of Scott Parker, Graham Potter, Frank Lampard and Paul Hurst.

He was interviewed but wasn't one of the final four, Jack Ross rather than him.
Scott Parker eh? on 09:00 - Aug 5 with 5498 viewsportmanking

Scott Parker eh? on 08:58 - Aug 5 by Fixed_It

I didn't see the match last night but from what I have heard he set them up perfectly to stifle Brentford. Is that a fair assessment?

Very fair assessment. Fulham didn't show much invention going forward. Their game plan was to shut out the likes of Watkins and Benrahma and, to be fair, it worked. Parker even went to a five at the back in the closing stages, which would have seen many Town fans tearing their hair out...
Scott Parker eh? on 09:07 - Aug 5 with 5458 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Of course hindsight is wonderful. Don’t think he would have quite had the same impact here.

It’s nice when you can bring on Mitrovic, Knockaert and Cavaleiro for finals.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Scott Parker eh? on 09:10 - Aug 5 with 5446 viewsbournemouthblue

Scott Parker eh? on 08:52 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

He's done very well but Fulham is a massively different kettle of fish from the job here. The squad he's had at his disposal compared to what he would have inherited here is quite a contrast.

Even before Hurst decided to sell off all our best players for under market value

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Parker eh? on 09:12 - Aug 5 with 5439 viewsHerbivore

Scott Parker eh? on 08:58 - Aug 5 by Fixed_It

Yeah, they seemed mainly set up to spoil. The few times I've seen them they don't play with any great intent, they keep the ball but just knock it around without creating all that much. I can understand wanting to rebuild with solid foundations though after their relegation.

Scott Parker eh? on 09:20 - Aug 5 with 5404 viewsLibero

Christ, when it's laid out like that it really does show us up.
Scott Parker eh? on 09:21 - Aug 5 with 5394 viewsLibero

Scott Parker eh? on 09:12 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

Yeah, they seemed mainly set up to spoil. The few times I've seen them they don't play with any great intent, they keep the ball but just knock it around without creating all that much. I can understand wanting to rebuild with solid foundations though after their relegation.

I think you're doing them down a bit, last time they were promoted it was off the back of playing very silky passing football and they were duly slapped each week in the Premier League and relegated, I suspect they will put up somewhat more of a fight this time around.
Scott Parker eh? on 09:23 - Aug 5 with 5384 viewsHerbivore

Scott Parker eh? on 09:21 - Aug 5 by Libero

I think you're doing them down a bit, last time they were promoted it was off the back of playing very silky passing football and they were duly slapped each week in the Premier League and relegated, I suspect they will put up somewhat more of a fight this time around.

Not sure I'm doing them down, you seem to be agreeing with me essentially.

Scott Parker eh? on 09:27 - Aug 5 with 5368 viewsLibero

Scott Parker eh? on 09:23 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

Not sure I'm doing them down, you seem to be agreeing with me essentially.

A lot of the players who played in that slick passing side are still there, essentially Parker has a very flexible squad who he can shift about depending on circumstance and situation.

I think to claim they're spoilers is to do them down, they're very technically proficient.
Scott Parker eh? on 09:33 - Aug 5 with 5346 viewsHerbivore

Scott Parker eh? on 09:27 - Aug 5 by Libero

A lot of the players who played in that slick passing side are still there, essentially Parker has a very flexible squad who he can shift about depending on circumstance and situation.

I think to claim they're spoilers is to do them down, they're very technically proficient.

I said they set up to spoil last night. Other times I've seen them play they haven't so much but it's not scintillating stuff either. They keep the ball but don't play with any great intent. They are quite safety first. As I said, I can understand that after the manner of their relegation. Solid foundations are important and tend to be what get sides out of the Championship.

Scott Parker eh? on 09:34 - Aug 5 with 5342 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Scott Parker eh? on 09:34 - Aug 5 with 5343 viewsJakeITFC

Scott Parker eh? on 08:55 - Aug 5 by SomethingBlue

Was interested to see the post-match interviews with him and his players. The players (I think Bryan, Cairney and Hector) all to a man said about how they’d been written off time and time again, nobody fancied them to do anything etc. which I thought was interesting - I think you have to have that certain type of siege mentality when playing the style they do.

On Parker’s interview I was impressed with the way he spoke, especially around the set piece goal they scored. I think he’s surrounded himself with a good staff there and he seems really humbled by the opportunity and early success he’s had.
Scott Parker eh? on 09:36 - Aug 5 with 5326 viewsKeno

Lets face this this Parker would have been better than Paul Wurst

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Scott Parker eh? on 09:39 - Aug 5 with 5314 viewshampstead_blue

Scott Parker eh? on 09:12 - Aug 5 by Herbivore

Similar to the manager as a player then.
Many square and backward passes. The crab - aka Ray Wilkins.

Not a pop at Parker. Very good as a player in his role.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Scott Parker eh? on 10:03 - Aug 5 with 5255 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I don't think he has done that good of job. They have a terrific team and they stumbled over the line - they have some players on 100K a week still! The least they can expect is promotion. Same with Lampard at Derby and now Chelsea, he did not do a great job at Derby with the team he had but somehow got lapped up.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Scott Parker eh? on 11:46 - Aug 5 with 5131 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There's nothing to suggest he would have done well for us.

He's done ok at Fulham with a £25m striker on £100k per week, and that's just for starters.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Scott Parker eh? on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 5119 viewsDanTheMan

Scott Parker eh? on 11:46 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

He's done ok at Fulham with a £25m striker on £100k per week, and that's just for starters.

He would have had a hard time being worse than Hurst though. I realise that bar is low though.

Very, very low.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Scott Parker eh? on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 5112 viewsPJH

Scott Parker eh? on 09:07 - Aug 5 by TheTrueBlue1878

Of course hindsight is wonderful. Don’t think he would have quite had the same impact here.

It’s nice when you can bring on Mitrovic, Knockaert and Cavaleiro for finals.

Well he probably would not have had the impact that Hurst did,no.
Scott Parker eh? on 13:50 - Aug 5 with 4931 viewsSwansea_Blue

Scott Parker eh? on 11:46 - Aug 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Emotionally he seems more switched on than Hurst. Parker's built team spirit, Hurst destroyed ours. But from a footballing side Parker would have have had a much harder task here as we don't have the players who can play the way he likes, let alone that extra quality all over the pitch.

I think he's done a good job. Fulham were rock bottom and it's not easy to turn that mood around. Obviously helps having Mitrovic on 26 goals or whatever it was, but then Mick had a season of Murph on that number and couldn't take us up, even with all his experience.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024