Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldest poster 17:17 - Sep 7 with 40476 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not in terms of age, but in terms of who has been on here the longest.

unstableblue posted recently about being onhere for 24 years, about the same for me, but it just seems most on here now are new (ish).

Any more of the old guard out there?

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 20:42 - Sep 8 with 2442 viewshoppy

Oldest poster on 20:18 - Sep 8 by Bluebell

Dolly still posts. Daisy was good too. CIL seems to have gone also. Seems not many females now apart from Ryorry.

What was the name of the Scottish girl that all the men were drooling over?

...and whatever happened to that other one, kellyjo, I think she was called?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Oldest poster on 20:44 - Sep 8 with 2424 viewsBluefish

Talking of old posts i am pretty sure a poster had some.sort of challenge and the result was him posting a pic of his missus in her underwear

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Oldest poster on 20:47 - Sep 8 with 2427 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oldest poster on 20:42 - Sep 8 by hoppy

...and whatever happened to that other one, kellyjo, I think she was called?

She ended up with some proper freak.

;)

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 20:50 - Sep 8 with 2419 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Amazing to read that some of you have been on here 20+ years. That is very impressive. I am already struggling and I've only been on here a few months. I doth my cap to you all for your stamina.
Oldest poster on 20:52 - Sep 8 with 2409 viewsWD19

Oldest poster on 20:50 - Sep 8 by IpswichBoyBlue

Amazing to read that some of you have been on here 20+ years. That is very impressive. I am already struggling and I've only been on here a few months. I doth my cap to you all for your stamina.

To be fair, the first 23 years were pretty plain sailing.....its only become hard work since you joined....

....innit.
Oldest poster on 21:09 - Sep 8 with 2387 viewshoppy

Oldest poster on 20:50 - Sep 8 by IpswichBoyBlue

#doff

Oldest poster on 23:28 - Sep 8 with 2334 viewsvilanovablue

Summer 1997 for me when I started work in London when Team talk was a decent site too.
Oldest poster on 00:41 - Sep 9 with 2307 viewshoppy

Oldest poster on 20:47 - Sep 8 by Wallingford_Boy

She ended up with some proper freak.

;)

Shame really...

Login to get fewer ads

Oldest poster on 14:35 - Sep 9 with 2202 viewsWallingford_Boy

..and what was the name of the club phoneline which you could call and listen to news at about 25p a minute!?

I think Bryan Knights presented it.

Used to dread the phonebill arriving every month!

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 14:39 - Sep 9 with 2199 viewsKeno

Oldest poster on 14:35 - Sep 9 by Wallingford_Boy

..and what was the name of the club phoneline which you could call and listen to news at about 25p a minute!?

Redtube?

or am I getting confused?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oldest poster on 14:53 - Sep 9 with 2187 viewsJ2BLUE

Oldest poster on 00:41 - Sep 9 by hoppy

Shame really...

Apparently if you see her now she desperately blinks for help in morse code.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oldest poster on 20:39 - Sep 9 with 2107 viewsCoastalblue

Oldest poster on 14:35 - Sep 9 by Wallingford_Boy

Clubcall

They used to keep you on the line for about a minute first with a load of waffle before they actually said 'and I'm afraid we've yet to have confirmation of Slater signing his deal, but ring back in half an hour for more news then'

and I did, mut have cost my old man's business a fortune.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Oldest poster on 22:19 - Sep 10 with 1986 viewsMelford

Oldest poster on 00:32 - Sep 8 by hoppy

As featured in the poster seen here?

Apparently, Kate Beckinsale was quite the TWTD fan, back in the day...

[Post edited 8 Sep 2020 0:33]

I'd pay decent money for a decent big print of that TWTD Pepper cover. That was a fixture of all the student flats I was in.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Oldest poster on 22:22 - Sep 10 with 1980 viewsMelford

Oldest poster on 10:13 - Sep 8 by Vic

Shame we don’t hear about her ham sandwiches now.

I think her best one was some people actually drive better after having a few drinks so drink driving's not as bad as most people make out.

Oldest poster on 23:14 - Sep 10 with 1961 viewsCoastalblue

Oldest poster on 22:22 - Sep 10 by Melford

I think her best one was some people actually drive better after having a few drinks so drink driving's not as bad as most people make out.

Is that a flying car that's driven better after a few?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Oldest poster on 00:05 - Sep 11 with 1939 viewsMelford

Oldest poster on 23:14 - Sep 10 by Coastalblue

Is that a flying car that's driven better after a few?

When you're drunk you get home on a flying car driven by foxes on meal of ham sandwiches.

Oldest poster on 02:05 - Sep 11 with 1916 viewshoppy

Oldest poster on 22:19 - Sep 10 by Melford

I'd pay decent money for a decent big print of that TWTD Pepper cover. That was a fixture of all the student flats I was in.

Your best bet may be to contact Dan Thomas to see if you could get one printed... or if Phil still has any from when they last went on sale back in 2008 (don’t know if they did a 40th anniversary re-release!)...

https://www.comehitherdesign.com/

TWTD Pepper Poster Back on Sale 28th Apr 2008 12:50
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Town's 1978 FA Cup win, we thought we'd make our classic Sgt Pepper poster, first released a decade ago to mark the 20th anniversary, available once again. 0

Oldest poster on 11:00 - Sep 11 with 1838 viewsnorth_stand77

Oldest poster on 20:18 - Sep 8 by Bluebell

Dolly still posts. Daisy was good too. CIL seems to have gone also. Seems not many females now apart from Ryorry.

What was the name of the Scottish girl that all the men were drooling over?

I'm still here Blue bell- not sure how long I've been posting but 10 years plus probably. Like you I joined as as TG used to get so much stick, so thought it needed more girls!
Oldest poster on 11:41 - Sep 11 with 1814 viewsWeWereZombies

On the back of Swanners telling us what Welsh for one hundred is and me swapping the Scottish Gaelic for accountant in return, does anyone remember the posters who used to call each other proctologists and the like?
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 11:45]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Oldest poster on 11:45 - Sep 11 with 1809 viewsKeno

Oldest poster on 11:41 - Sep 11 by WeWereZombies

On the back of Swanners telling us what Welsh for one hundred is and me swapping the Scottish Gaelic for accountant in return, does anyone remember the posters who used to call each other proctologists and the like?
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 11:45]

I remember when you could post the traditional TWTD greeting now abbreviated to SUQ

and there was a time Bender was banned, which made it very frustrating for those off us who are Futurama fans

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oldest poster on 09:54 - Sep 14 with 1719 viewsSteve_M

Oldest poster on 13:07 - Sep 8 by Kropotkin123

Been here since the start (fanzine to forum transition). I remember when ITFC chat seemed like the only viable competition to TWTD, but it was never as active.

I remember a few matches before the end of a season we had ticket going spare. So helped someone get to see the match as it was sold out (twtd) and he was shocked that I was just a kid turning up with my mum alongside me.

That was one of my fears as an early contributor. That someone would discover I was a kid giving my opinions on ITFC and not take me seriously. On the original board, I went as EEJB, but changed it later on. I can't remember if you originally had a secured name. Some of what i remember maybe blurred with that ITFC chat.

On the nostalgia front, I also remember when Phil made his book I met him in person before a home game and got a signed edition!

It's interesting how issues have developed and changed over time. I remember people from other team's sites coming on here and spamming a subject, so that is all you could see. So obviously, being a kid, I went on theirs and did it straight back.

Ah, board invasions. Decamping to the Glassblowers one when there were problems with TWTD or the Whigfield one....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oldest poster on 09:57 - Sep 14 with 1718 viewsSteve_M

Oldest poster on 18:25 - Sep 8 by GavTWTD

Mark E Owen did the news service, I implemented the forum which as some have said didn't need to be registered for, but it regularly had to be cleared down as if 2 people posted within 5 secs of each other it became corrupted.

This was the software we used and is the reason we have to have a threaded board today: http://www.scriptarchive.com/demos/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

That form at the bottom brings back a few memories.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Oldest poster on 10:07 - Sep 14 with 1699 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oldest poster on 11:00 - Sep 11 by north_stand77

I'm still here Blue bell- not sure how long I've been posting but 10 years plus probably. Like you I joined as as TG used to get so much stick, so thought it needed more girls!

I miss girls..

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 10:35 - Sep 14 with 1675 viewsElephantintheRoom

I used to write for TWTD in those far off days when it was a respected fanzine... not sure the interweb was invented back then. Does that count?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Oldest poster on 11:27 - Sep 14 with 1641 viewsBiGDonnie

About 17 years I think. Come to think of it, I really enjoyed good ol days, having arguments and disagreements with pretty much everyone under the clever guise of CGS1985!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024