Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldest poster 17:17 - Sep 7 with 40448 viewsWallingford_Boy

Not in terms of age, but in terms of who has been on here the longest.

unstableblue posted recently about being onhere for 24 years, about the same for me, but it just seems most on here now are new (ish).

Any more of the old guard out there?

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 01:18 - Sep 8 with 5771 viewstextbackup

Oldest poster on 00:52 - Sep 8 by jeera

I would love to think your first post was:

"Get this out of the effing football section!"

it would have been something along the lines of Hackett polo shirts.....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Oldest poster on 09:12 - Sep 8 with 5640 viewsWeWereZombies

Oldest poster on 01:18 - Sep 8 by textbackup

it would have been something along the lines of Hackett polo shirts.....

I think I remember that one, how it never gets brought up at the same time as flying cars and parking at Gatwick I will never know...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Oldest poster on 09:16 - Sep 8 with 5639 viewsWallingford_Boy

Well that was a nice little reminisce, see we can get along.

For the record, Foot and Johnhoz have been my faves on here down the years. TractorGirl was good fun too!

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 10:13 - Sep 8 with 5600 viewsVic

Oldest poster on 09:16 - Sep 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Well that was a nice little reminisce, see we can get along.

For the record, Foot and Johnhoz have been my faves on here down the years. TractorGirl was good fun too!

Shame we don’t hear about her ham sandwiches now.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Oldest poster on 10:40 - Sep 8 with 5574 viewsButterbing

It certainly isn't me. Although, I may be one of the oldest lurkers.
Oldest poster on 10:54 - Sep 8 with 5543 viewsITFC_Forever

I first bought TWTD way back in 1990 and then went on to help Paul Stephens (who for a long while was a well-known poster on here, but hasn't been around for a while) sell the fanzine outside the ground on the corner of the Portman Stand and North Stand, while Paul ran the stand behind the North Stand. (when Phil took over, the stand remained in the same place).

I was also a member of the ITFC mailing list in the 90s (I think that is still running), but left it as there was simply too many e-mails flowing into my work e-mail!

I signed up for the TWTD forum in around 2005 and have been here ever since.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Oldest poster on 10:57 - Sep 8 with 5543 viewsAlanRetentive

I have only recently registered to post content to this bulletin board, although I have been for some time what I understand is commonly known as a 'lurker' (I mean on this board, not in the physical world, for the sake of clarity.)

Since a rather unfortunate episode at one of the editorial meetings for the Puch Maxi N Owners Club, I have been attending regular therapy sessions and now feel more able to deal with typographical and grammatical errors and inconsistencies in the submissions of others without becoming too overwrought, and therefore feel able to interact here. Incidentally, I am now the Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) for the Club, so all was not lost on that front, and yes, I am aware of the rather unfortunate pseudo-Acronym for my new role, but it is one which I am contractually obliged to use in any correspondence.

*** Puch Maxi N Owners Club, Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) and Undersecretary for The Verification of Vaccinations And Testing (UTVVAT) 2021 ***

Oldest poster on 11:54 - Sep 8 with 5500 viewsJ2BLUE

Oldest poster on 10:57 - Sep 8 by AlanRetentive

I have only recently registered to post content to this bulletin board, although I have been for some time what I understand is commonly known as a 'lurker' (I mean on this board, not in the physical world, for the sake of clarity.)

Since a rather unfortunate episode at one of the editorial meetings for the Puch Maxi N Owners Club, I have been attending regular therapy sessions and now feel more able to deal with typographical and grammatical errors and inconsistencies in the submissions of others without becoming too overwrought, and therefore feel able to interact here. Incidentally, I am now the Social Distancing Officer (SoDOff) for the Club, so all was not lost on that front, and yes, I am aware of the rather unfortunate pseudo-Acronym for my new role, but it is one which I am contractually obliged to use in any correspondence.

Thats really is grate to here mate

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Oldest poster on 12:08 - Sep 8 with 5488 viewsSE1blue

Oldest poster on 20:24 - Sep 7 by J2BLUE

You know who that was right?

Honestly, no.

I've never bothered to try and figure out who is who, like when people have more than one username.

Who was it? You?

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Oldest poster on 12:20 - Sep 8 with 5462 viewsJ2BLUE

Oldest poster on 12:08 - Sep 8 by SE1blue

Honestly, no.

I've never bothered to try and figure out who is who, like when people have more than one username.

Who was it? You?

I've only ever posted under this name; apart from that one day when I created the critically acclaimed 'Gitileaks'.

Dolly/Brixton was crazyjeysey. I called him crazy for ages after he dropped that username until Ipswich Crazy came along.

Truly impaired.

Oldest poster on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 5468 viewsKeno

Hello my name is Keno

I first became addicted too TWTD in the late '90's, Oh sorry wrong forum!!

At a guess I'd say 1997, TWTDS!!

Posters of note not mentioned

Malc for several reasons
Blueas - cant work out if he is back or not
Mariner
Warky1970
Newie
Voice of Reason
Daisy

been sone funny funny moments on here

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oldest poster on 12:47 - Sep 8 with 5432 viewsKitman

Like many, circa 1998. I didn't keep a note of the date. No previous incarnations name wise, always on here as Kitman- that handle comes from my Rugby Club. I was running the kit shop at the time..

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Oldest poster on 12:54 - Sep 8 with 5404 viewsKev_W

Oldest poster on 18:04 - Sep 7 by Steve_M

If people weren’t using the Mark E Owen board with a URL that has to be typed in then they are newbies.

I go back to sometime in 95/96 given I got in the Internet in my first year at uni.

I think that was about the time I joined as I can recall an early discussion on the qualities of Danny Sonner on signing, Halcyon days.
Oldest poster on 13:03 - Sep 8 with 5382 viewsWeWereZombies

Oldest poster on 12:21 - Sep 8 by Keno

Hello my name is Keno

Malc for several reasons
Mariner
Warky1970
Newie
Voice of Reason
Daisy

In tribute to AlanRetentive's job title acronym and Ryorry mentioning the Hotel California (the Golden Key in another dimension?) I think we should start a self help organisation - we could call it 'TWtd Anonymous Threaduser Saddos'...or TWÁTS...

Oldest poster on 13:07 - Sep 8 with 5371 viewsKropotkin123

Been here since the start (fanzine to forum transition). I remember when ITFC chat seemed like the only viable competition to TWTD, but it was never as active.

I remember a few matches before the end of a season we had ticket going spare. So helped someone get to see the match as it was sold out (twtd) and he was shocked that I was just a kid turning up with my mum alongside me.

That was one of my fears as an early contributor. That someone would discover I was a kid giving my opinions on ITFC and not take me seriously. On the original board, I went as EEJB, but changed it later on. I can't remember if you originally had a secured name. Some of what i remember maybe blurred with that ITFC chat.

On the nostalgia front, I also remember when Phil made his book I met him in person before a home game and got a signed edition!

It's interesting how issues have developed and changed over time. I remember people from other team's sites coming on here and spamming a subject, so that is all you could see. So obviously, being a kid, I went on theirs and did it straight back.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Oldest poster on 13:13 - Sep 8 with 5345 viewsJ2BLUE

Hello my name is Keno

Malc for several reasons
Mariner
Warky1970
Newie
Voice of Reason
Daisy

I remember my daily hammering from Warky, Blueas and Burer.

TWTD.

Truly impaired.

Oldest poster on 13:15 - Sep 8 with 5337 viewsWeWereZombies

Oldest poster on 13:07 - Sep 8 by Kropotkin123

Been here since the start (fanzine to forum transition). I remember when ITFC chat seemed like the only viable competition to TWTD, but it was never as active.

I remember a few matches before the end of a season we had ticket going spare. So helped someone get to see the match as it was sold out (twtd) and he was shocked that I was just a kid turning up with my mum alongside me.

That was one of my fears as an early contributor. That someone would discover I was a kid giving my opinions on ITFC and not take me seriously. On the original board, I went as EEJB, but changed it later on. I can't remember if you originally had a secured name. Some of what i remember maybe blurred with that ITFC chat.

On the nostalgia front, I also remember when Phil made his book I met him in person before a home game and got a signed edition!

It's interesting how issues have developed and changed over time. I remember people from other team's sites coming on here and spamming a subject, so that is all you could see. So obviously, being a kid, I went on theirs and did it straight back.

Maybe it is a trick of memory but I think the forum was more open to supporters of other clubs twenty years ago, or maybe it was just that Town were more successful and therefore more likely to attract views from elsewhere. Data protection rules have probably cut down the cross pollination a bit but we also have to ask are we all getting a bit more territorial and less comfortable with the occasional pop from other posters?

Oldest poster on 13:21 - Sep 8 with 5319 viewsKeno

Oldest poster on 13:13 - Sep 8 by J2BLUE

I remember my daily hammering from Warky, Blueas and Burer.

TWTD.

Burer - famous for his farah fawcett majors tribute post

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Oldest poster on 13:31 - Sep 8 with 5307 viewsDarth_Koont

Oldest poster on 13:15 - Sep 8 by WeWereZombies

Maybe it is a trick of memory but I think the forum was more open to supporters of other clubs twenty years ago, or maybe it was just that Town were more successful and therefore more likely to attract views from elsewhere. Data protection rules have probably cut down the cross pollination a bit but we also have to ask are we all getting a bit more territorial and less comfortable with the occasional pop from other posters?

Wasn't that the Rivals days where one login worked on the whole network and meant you could post anywhere?

Or am I getting the login completely wrong?

Pronouns: He/Him

Oldest poster on 13:45 - Sep 8 with 5281 viewsWeWereZombies

Oldest poster on 13:31 - Sep 8 by Darth_Koont

Wasn't that the Rivals days where one login worked on the whole network and meant you could post anywhere?

Ah, I think that would have helped; both in terms of going onto other teams supporters forums and in making anything posted that was overly threatening easily traceable.

Oldest poster on 14:12 - Sep 8 with 5246 viewsWallingford_Boy

Oldest poster on 13:31 - Sep 8 by Darth_Koont

Yes those really were the days.

Often dipped into different forums with the odd comment.

RIP Sir Bobby

Oldest poster on 14:37 - Sep 8 with 5218 viewshoppy

Hello my name is Keno

Malc for several reasons
Mariner
Warky1970
Newie
Voice of Reason
Daisy

Surely there must've been at least one for two more old posters not mentioned there?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Oldest poster on 14:37 - Sep 8 with 5216 viewsjeera

Oldest poster on 14:12 - Sep 8 by Wallingford_Boy

Yes those really were the days.

Often dipped into different forums with the odd comment.

Tbf in those days a lot of your comments were a bit odd.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Oldest poster on 14:40 - Sep 8 with 5213 viewshoppy

Oldest poster on 14:37 - Sep 8 by jeera

Tbf in those days a lot of your comments were a bit odd.

Did you need to pad out the sentence with the words "a lot of"?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Oldest poster on 14:42 - Sep 8 with 5211 viewsjeera

Oldest poster on 14:40 - Sep 8 by hoppy

Did you need to pad out the sentence with the words "a lot of"?

Do you know, I actually edited that before posting.

I wanted to think there was some normal stuff thrown in from time to time.

I'm sure the football posts were normal.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024