Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What an idiot 00:04 - Sep 13 with 3946 viewsEly_Blue

And people wonder why case numbers are spiking, idiots like this are the reason, not kids going back to school

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8724431/Coronavirus-Ibiza-clubber-thoug

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

What an idiot on 00:13 - Sep 13 with 3650 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To save me clicking on the DM link, what did this Ibiza clubber think the Bolton case spike was?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What an idiot on 00:14 - Sep 13 with 3647 viewsSitfcB

What an idiot on 00:13 - Sep 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

To save me clicking on the DM link, what did this Ibiza clubber think the Bolton case spike was?

A 23-year-old Ibiza clubber is suspected to be behind Bolton's coronavirus case spike after he failed to isolate when he returned from a lengthy holiday on the Spanish island and then threw a party for his friends.

Construction worker Layton Migas, 23, spent six weeks sunning himself on the Ibiza island Es Vedra before returning to his home in Bolton on 20 August.

Travellers returning from Spain, which is not on the UK's approved travel corridor list, are required to self-quarantine for 14 days in an attempt to prevent the spread of the virus.

Rather than abiding by the government's requirements, Migas left his home numerous times and threw a house party, the Sun reports.

Greater Manchester Police have fined the 23-year-old £1,000 for the repeated breaches.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What an idiot on 00:18 - Sep 13 with 3632 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What an idiot on 00:14 - Sep 13 by SitfcB

A 23-year-old Ibiza clubber is suspected to be behind Bolton's coronavirus case spike after he failed to isolate when he returned from a lengthy holiday on the Spanish island and then threw a party for his friends.

Construction worker Layton Migas, 23, spent six weeks sunning himself on the Ibiza island Es Vedra before returning to his home in Bolton on 20 August.

Travellers returning from Spain, which is not on the UK's approved travel corridor list, are required to self-quarantine for 14 days in an attempt to prevent the spread of the virus.

Rather than abiding by the government's requirements, Migas left his home numerous times and threw a house party, the Sun reports.

Greater Manchester Police have fined the 23-year-old £1,000 for the repeated breaches.

Oh, thanks.

I did see a headline saying someone was being fined for holding a party with 50 guests so I guess this was the same. Interesting what you quote states "repeated breaches".

Also noteworthy "is suspected to be behind" ... I suspect it is more than just this and the papers would like to find a scapegoat so it does not look like the Government has any culpability.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 0:18]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

What an idiot on 00:21 - Sep 13 with 3616 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not an epidemiologist beyond first year nursing school level of understanding but this is almost certainly, at best, a gross over-simplification of how massively contagious viruses spread.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 0:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What an idiot on 00:47 - Sep 13 with 3554 viewsmonytowbray

Nice to see Ely’s even more brainwashed by Classic Dom’s propaganda too.

When we reach current-Trump levels of politics here, you can bet Ely will be on the side that is nuts.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

What an idiot on 02:10 - Sep 13 with 3473 viewsHARRY10

spiking ?

just be grateful they are not rising. or increasing even
What an idiot on 02:13 - Sep 13 with 3472 viewspointofblue

What an idiot on 00:47 - Sep 13 by monytowbray

Nice to see Ely’s even more brainwashed by Classic Dom’s propaganda too.

When we reach current-Trump levels of politics here, you can bet Ely will be on the side that is nuts.

Both parties can be wrong - the government has made a complete mess of this but it is annoying when basic instructions are seen as beneath some.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What an idiot on 02:44 - Sep 13 with 3456 viewsmonytowbray

What an idiot on 02:13 - Sep 13 by pointofblue

Both parties can be wrong - the government has made a complete mess of this but it is annoying when basic instructions are seen as beneath some.

I’m sure opening offices and a food discount alongside Classic Dom undermining every sacrifice people made has more to do with it.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

What an idiot on 04:28 - Sep 13 with 3411 viewsEl_Fenix

Why is this post in the football forum?

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

What an idiot on 07:23 - Sep 13 with 3219 viewsHarry_Palmer

I'm afraid this is nothing more than a propaganda piece designed to get people to blame the young, follow the rules to the letter and snitch on anybody that doesn't. Can you really not see this?

There is not a single shred of evidence presented that the guy was even infected, let alone that he is solely responsible for the spike in cases in an entire area.
What an idiot on 08:00 - Sep 13 with 3084 viewsMattinLondon

What an idiot on 07:23 - Sep 13 by Harry_Palmer

I'm afraid this is nothing more than a propaganda piece designed to get people to blame the young, follow the rules to the letter and snitch on anybody that doesn't. Can you really not see this?

There is not a single shred of evidence presented that the guy was even infected, let alone that he is solely responsible for the spike in cases in an entire area.

Plus the chap in question has a foreign sounding surname- job done for the Tories, sit back and watch their voters lap it up.
What an idiot on 08:13 - Sep 13 with 3018 viewsbrogansnose

For a start the main clubs in Ibiza didn't open at all this season. Some smaller places opened with restrictions and strict measures in place overseen by Spanish plod who don't mess around. Daytime bars have cleaning regimes and loungers need to be booked and cleaned before use. The wearing of masks in mandatory and the popular image of Baccanallian excess just isn't there. Now the bloke in question may or may not have isolated when he got back but to suggest that he's a major cause of cases spiking is cobblers and more to do with that festering rag trying to deflect from this woeful bunch of chancers running the country.
What an idiot on 08:23 - Sep 13 with 2951 viewsMonkeyAlan

Yes, it's the 20 somethings that are the problem now. They don't seem to want to listen. Hence the 6 people thing. Mainly designed to stop the parties these 20 somethings attend in their 100s then go away and spread it all over the country.
What an idiot on 08:24 - Sep 13 with 2947 viewsgordon

What an idiot on 02:10 - Sep 13 by HARRY10

spiking ?

just be grateful they are not rising. or increasing even

Eh?
What an idiot on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 2924 viewskeighleyblue

What an idiot on 08:13 - Sep 13 by brogansnose

For a start the main clubs in Ibiza didn't open at all this season. Some smaller places opened with restrictions and strict measures in place overseen by Spanish plod who don't mess around. Daytime bars have cleaning regimes and loungers need to be booked and cleaned before use. The wearing of masks in mandatory and the popular image of Baccanallian excess just isn't there. Now the bloke in question may or may not have isolated when he got back but to suggest that he's a major cause of cases spiking is cobblers and more to do with that festering rag trying to deflect from this woeful bunch of chancers running the country.

I think you meant to say chancers who are *ruining* the country
What an idiot on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 2925 viewsCBBlue

What an idiot on 07:23 - Sep 13 by Harry_Palmer

Christ, don't let rational thought get in the way of a good story!

My personal view is the rise is caused by a combination of things including those ignoring the rules (like this Ibiza bloke and good ol' Dom did), eat out to help out, schools reopening, the gov telling everyone to get back to work. No idea what the solution is though

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

What an idiot on 10:08 - Sep 13 with 2722 viewsPlums

I double he caught Covid on Es Vedra. Must have been an interesting six weeks of isolation.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

What an idiot on 10:17 - Sep 13 with 2678 viewsOldsmoker

Any stats on growth in virus numbers in areas where the Rags have sent their reporters?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

What an idiot on 10:39 - Sep 13 with 2633 viewsHarry_Palmer

What an idiot on 08:28 - Sep 13 by CBBlue

Christ, don't let rational thought get in the way of a good story!

My personal view is the rise is caused by a combination of things including those ignoring the rules (like this Ibiza bloke and good ol' Dom did), eat out to help out, schools reopening, the gov telling everyone to get back to work. No idea what the solution is though

I think the fact we are testing much more now with a notoriously unreliable test might have something to do with it.
What an idiot on 10:41 - Sep 13 with 2624 viewsghostofescobar

The vaste majority of both current test numbers and positive results are down to kids between 16 and 21. He’s close enough to to that category. It definitely is the youngsters spreading it. They have feelings of invincibility, they are bored, ignorant and often don’t get ill, despite possibly having the virus.

GhostOfEscobar

What an idiot on 10:55 - Sep 13 with 2586 viewsPinewoodblue

What an idiot on 10:41 - Sep 13 by ghostofescobar

The vaste majority of both current test numbers and positive results are down to kids between 16 and 21. He’s close enough to to that category. It definitely is the youngsters spreading it. They have feelings of invincibility, they are bored, ignorant and often don’t get ill, despite possibly having the virus.

When people blame youngsters it is hard sometimes to know which particular age group they are referring to.

Anyone under 45 is a youngster as far as I am concerned.

Back to the DM article this fool was offered a test but he turned it down as it was a long way to drive for nothing. He lives in Bolton and was offered a test in Blackburn 14 miles away.

I really don’t know how we are going to get people to follow the rules without all pubs, restaurants, and other places of entertainment closing by 11pm with a full blown curfew from midnight to stop groups hanging around in the street.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What an idiot on 11:06 - Sep 13 with 2542 viewsHarry_Palmer

What an idiot on 10:41 - Sep 13 by ghostofescobar

"It definitely is the youngsters spreading it"

Do you have any conclusive evidence to back this statement up because I haven't seen any. In fact Matt Wangcock told us all the other day that it was people visiting their friends and neighbours in homes that were to blame, of course there is no evidence to back that up either.

He told us a couple of Months ago that supermarket workers were 75% more likely to die from Covid than anybody else, ignoring all other correlations and also omitting the fact that he had lumped security guards ( many of whom work alone at night ) in the same category.

You are taking the word of proven liars ( Government and Media ) as gospel without any real evidence.
What an idiot on 11:15 - Sep 13 with 2523 viewsDanny_G

What an idiot on 11:06 - Sep 13 by Harry_Palmer

"It definitely is the youngsters spreading it"

Do you have any conclusive evidence to back this statement up because I haven't seen any. In fact Matt Wangcock told us all the other day that it was people visiting their friends and neighbours in homes that were to blame, of course there is no evidence to back that up either.

He told us a couple of Months ago that supermarket workers were 75% more likely to die from Covid than anybody else, ignoring all other correlations and also omitting the fact that he had lumped security guards ( many of whom work alone at night ) in the same category.

You are taking the word of proven liars ( Government and Media ) as gospel without any real evidence.

Testing stats show that there’s been a much higher - and growing - incidence rate among young people aged 17 to roughly 29 than any other age group. Both as a proportion of the relevant age band’s population, and as a percentage of tests returning positive results (the latter proving that this isn’t simply down to more young people being tested).

Slides 2-5 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
What an idiot on 11:25 - Sep 13 with 2498 viewsHarry_Palmer

What an idiot on 11:15 - Sep 13 by Danny_G

Testing stats show that there’s been a much higher - and growing - incidence rate among young people aged 17 to roughly 29 than any other age group. Both as a proportion of the relevant age band’s population, and as a percentage of tests returning positive results (the latter proving that this isn’t simply down to more young people being tested).

Slides 2-5 https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac

Thanks, however this only proves that more younger people are testing positive, it doesn't provide any proof that they are 'spreading it'. A positive result on the wholly unreliable PCR test does not prove that one even currently has Covid-19 let alone has been spreading it in the community.
What an idiot on 11:41 - Sep 13 with 2449 viewsPinewoodblue

What an idiot on 11:25 - Sep 13 by Harry_Palmer

Thanks, however this only proves that more younger people are testing positive, it doesn't provide any proof that they are 'spreading it'. A positive result on the wholly unreliable PCR test does not prove that one even currently has Covid-19 let alone has been spreading it in the community.

If they aren’t spreading it how are their mates catching it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024