Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game 16:40 - Sep 13 with 58166 viewscarlisleaway

Yes BLM but come on this was months ago
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:50 - Sep 14 with 4438 viewsjaseitfc2015

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:28 - Sep 13 by SpruceMoose

Liar and a weasel.

You snivelled something about 'oh Boris didn't mean it in a racist way'.

If you're going to support racist comments I'd have marginally more respect for you if you had the nuts to own your words.

You and your posts are a classic example of why I can't really be arsed with this place right now. Others have said similar to me in private.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 23:41]

I tend to agree with many of your views but why resort to name calling? It just lowers yourself down to their level & even though you may be right there's a risk it turns people off. Its all about delivery

"When they go low, we go high"

Pompous attitudes do nothing & just show how Trump has really won by bringing progressives down to his level of juvenile & classless debate
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 01:05 - Sep 14 with 4419 viewsSpruceMoose

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 00:50 - Sep 14 by jaseitfc2015

I tend to agree with many of your views but why resort to name calling? It just lowers yourself down to their level & even though you may be right there's a risk it turns people off. Its all about delivery

"When they go low, we go high"

Pompous attitudes do nothing & just show how Trump has really won by bringing progressives down to his level of juvenile & classless debate

I appreciate what you're saying but your point rather assumes that we haven't all been there and tried that for months now, and even years in the case of some posters. Talk nice to Paz and he will see the light? That would be lovely if it worked.

Let me know how you get on. Everyone else has failed though.

"When they go low, we go high" put Trump in the White House.

There's also nothing pompous about tackling racist behaviour. Don't want to get talked to like an idiot? Don't say or support racist stuff.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 1:09]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game (n/t) on 03:39 - Sep 14 with 4373 viewsAtractorive

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 19:43 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Absolutely not what I said. You have wilfully misconstrued my point. What I’m saying is that a gesture becomes less powerful the more it is repeated.

[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 3:40]
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 08:25 - Sep 14 with 4261 viewsvapour_trail

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 16:44 - Sep 13 by backwaywhen

I think that with crowds back it will probably stop , a lot will boo and jeer it up and down the country.

Thought you were banned.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 08:58 - Sep 14 with 4237 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:02 - Sep 13 by 26_Paz

Are you seriously suggesting the word ‘brit’ is offensive? Dear god. It’s this kind of nonsense that detracts from real issues

You seem to have missed the point. By quite a long way, and that is probably indicative.

It was someone else that find my use derogatory.

Therefore I apologised and stopped doing it.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2020 9:15]
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:00 - Sep 14 with 4234 viewsSwansea_Blue

How there can there be 8 pages on whether or not to challenge racism? Just how?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:14 - Sep 14 with 4215 viewshype313

Thanks for highlighting yourself.

One for the bin.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:17 - Sep 14 with 4205 viewsPJH

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 16:44 - Sep 13 by backwaywhen

I think that with crowds back it will probably stop , a lot will boo and jeer it up and down the country.

As you correctly point out, when crowds return there will be some ignorant racists among them.
Login to get fewer ads

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:19 - Sep 14 with 4199 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:00 - Sep 14 by Swansea_Blue

Paz needed to clarify how often he thinks it should be done.

It seems, I missed one reply, he things maybe once a month and changing how it is done would be fine.

Bryan Plug was also going to confirm that he agrees with the principle, that is the minority grouping that gets to decide what is racist.

Hopefully, Paz would agree, that it is probably the people that are the recipients of racism and structural inequality, that should really decide how frequently this issue of racism should be highlighted. Of course, if he has any evidence that doing things at a certain frequency is optimal, he really shouldn’t be so shy about passing that on.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:30 - Sep 14 with 4177 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:00 - Sep 14 by Swansea_Blue

I know, particularly as racism ended months ago.

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:33 - Sep 14 with 4167 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:19 - Sep 14 by eireblue

Paz needed to clarify how often he thinks it should be done.

It seems, I missed one reply, he things maybe once a month and changing how it is done would be fine.

Bryan Plug was also going to confirm that he agrees with the principle, that is the minority grouping that gets to decide what is racist.

Hopefully, Paz would agree, that it is probably the people that are the recipients of racism and structural inequality, that should really decide how frequently this issue of racism should be highlighted. Of course, if he has any evidence that doing things at a certain frequency is optimal, he really shouldn’t be so shy about passing that on.

It’s just my personal opinion mate. This is a football forum not a scientific essay. My view is that doing this every week will cause it’s impact to reduce. I’ve no idea if there is any science to back that up, as I said, this is a forum for football fans to share their personal opinions, not not oxford university debating society.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:42 - Sep 14 with 4147 viewsvapour_trail

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 16:57 - Sep 13 by MonkeyAlan

You are a bitter little man arnt you? Talk about abusive to people. There ought to be a movement against you too! I've had it, this guy has had it, so have others. You may not agree, and lm not saying l do, but my god you are blatent. Can't you argue your case without resorting to swearing directly at people? If you can't argue your case without name calling or swearing then you really arnt very articulate.

“Arnt very articulate”

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:54 - Sep 14 with 4121 viewseireblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:33 - Sep 14 by 26_Paz

It’s just my personal opinion mate. This is a football forum not a scientific essay. My view is that doing this every week will cause it’s impact to reduce. I’ve no idea if there is any science to back that up, as I said, this is a forum for football fans to share their personal opinions, not not oxford university debating society.

Okay, so if the people that are affected by racism, think it is a good idea, you will be happy to support it, since there is no actual reason to think it won’t work.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:00 - Sep 14 with 4110 viewsROKERITE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 09:33 - Sep 14 by 26_Paz

This country isn't perfect but it's still one of the least racist on the planet. It is easy to see what a horrible place this would be if the majority on this thread had their way. Reeducation camps within months and any remaining freedom of speech ended. Fortunately, though always a majority on football message-boards, the leftist anti-British mob remain a minority in the country for now.
You're absolutely right about the knee taking. I can't imagine anyone who holds racist views changing them one iota because of the nonsense that has gone on since George Floyd's death. I'm afraid the minds of the Mullets, etc. are closed but they might learn something by reading Thomas Sowell's "Black Rednecks and White Liberals", particularly on the sensitive subject of slavery.
Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:01 - Sep 14 with 4105 viewsHerbivore

Some people have actually up arrowed this thread. The absolute state of it. Hang your heads in shame.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:04 - Sep 14 with 4097 viewsKeno

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:00 - Sep 14 by ROKERITE

This country isn't perfect but it's still one of the least racist on the planet. It is easy to see what a horrible place this would be if the majority on this thread had their way. Reeducation camps within months and any remaining freedom of speech ended. Fortunately, though always a majority on football message-boards, the leftist anti-British mob remain a minority in the country for now.
You're absolutely right about the knee taking. I can't imagine anyone who holds racist views changing them one iota because of the nonsense that has gone on since George Floyd's death. I'm afraid the minds of the Mullets, etc. are closed but they might learn something by reading Thomas Sowell's "Black Rednecks and White Liberals", particularly on the sensitive subject of slavery.

for the hole you are digging for yourself you will need one these

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:12 - Sep 14 with 4074 viewsSwansea_Blue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:00 - Sep 14 by ROKERITE

I haven't read Black Rednecks and White Liberals and i'm not sure I want to after reading this review published in The Journal of African American History:

https://go.gale.com/ps/anonymous?id=GALE%7CA160632413&sid=googleScholar&v=2.1&it

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:18 - Sep 14 with 4069 viewspointofblue

26Paz - I can’t find the original post where you stayed you feel the impact will be reduced if the players keep kneeling to state that Black Lives Matter. I do agree with you that that is a possibility but the crucial thing for me is kneeling is no longer about impact; it’s about keeping the issue front and centre, not allowing it to go away as it did before, that it shouldn’t be a case of hand wringing for three months and then wait for the next needless death to start the cycle all over again.

There was a tongue on cheek thread started about the minute’s silence on November 11th, which is about remembrance. I’d argue kneeling is now taking on a similar tone - remember Black Lives Matter, remember what members of our so called equal society are still being subjected to on a day to day basis, remember change has been promised so many times yet had not been fulfilled, remember the lives so needlessly lost. Yes, as a nation, we could be much worse but that does not mean we shouldn’t strive to be better.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:43 - Sep 14 with 4022 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 23:43 - Sep 13 by J2BLUE

I don't hate you. I just think you really don't get it and really don't want to get it. On every single thread you reply to every post apart from the ones which make clear and logical points against what you believe. That's why I keep saying you have a filter. You see what you want to see. Anything which challenges you is ignored. Every time.

Another one ignored

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:46 - Sep 14 with 4007 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:43 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

Another one ignored

I haven’t ignored it, I read it, I just didn’t realise it required a response. You think that about me, it’s your opinion, I don’t care enough about what you think to defend myself.

The Paz Man

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:51 - Sep 14 with 3991 viewspointofblue

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:18 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

26Paz - I can’t find the original post where you stayed you feel the impact will be reduced if the players keep kneeling to state that Black Lives Matter. I do agree with you that that is a possibility but the crucial thing for me is kneeling is no longer about impact; it’s about keeping the issue front and centre, not allowing it to go away as it did before, that it shouldn’t be a case of hand wringing for three months and then wait for the next needless death to start the cycle all over again.

There was a tongue on cheek thread started about the minute’s silence on November 11th, which is about remembrance. I’d argue kneeling is now taking on a similar tone - remember Black Lives Matter, remember what members of our so called equal society are still being subjected to on a day to day basis, remember change has been promised so many times yet had not been fulfilled, remember the lives so needlessly lost. Yes, as a nation, we could be much worse but that does not mean we shouldn’t strive to be better.

Due to four up votes so far (thank you everyone) I don’t want to edit my original post but obviously stated instead of stayed, tongue IN cheek rather than on and HAS not yet been fulfilled rather than had.

My iPad makes some very odd auto-corrects at times.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:52 - Sep 14 with 3990 viewsnoggin

Taking the knee is not meant to change the minds of Brexit Brian and his pals. Thos guys are too far down the Little Englander road to turn around now.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 11:01 - Sep 14 with 3967 viewsJ2BLUE

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 10:46 - Sep 14 by 26_Paz

I haven’t ignored it, I read it, I just didn’t realise it required a response. You think that about me, it’s your opinion, I don’t care enough about what you think to defend myself.

Fair enough but the other dozen posts you've ignored on various threads did deserve a response.

I don't think you are interested in being challenged at all. You just want your views confirmed and you're happy to just ignore anything which contradicts your opinion.

We are going around in circles so I won't reply to you again on this thread.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 11:03 - Sep 14 with 3963 viewsGeoffSentence

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 16:47 - Sep 13 by Tangledupin_Blue

I hope our local MP was watching.

My local MP would just have been happy to see that no statues were harmed during the event. He's a bit of a knobber.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 11:03 - Sep 14 with 3956 views26_Paz

Why oh why do we continue with the knee before each game on 11:01 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

Fair enough but the other dozen posts you've ignored on various threads did deserve a response.

I don't think you are interested in being challenged at all. You just want your views confirmed and you're happy to just ignore anything which contradicts your opinion.

We are going around in circles so I won't reply to you again on this thread.

Ok mate, no worries. Have a good day

The Paz Man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024