Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening 17:55 - Sep 19 with 11514 viewsBluefish

All of those replying to my posts where i said BR were very poor and we were average and slating me for it and telling me to shut up and for all to ignore me. Presumably you must strongly feel that BR were good and we were excellent?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:01 - Sep 20 with 2192 viewsBluefish

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 21:36 - Sep 19 by Guthrum

I actually feel a bit of sympathy with the Bluefish position. Yes, we have made a good start - but we did so last season, too.

Unless and (hopefully) until we get to the end of the season without a disaster or major collapse, I will still reserve a bit of caution over Lambert and his performance*. With the wheels having come off so thoroughly in the spring**, there remains a niggling concern that it might happen again.

I'm not going to post stuff critical of the Manager unless I think he's done something to deserve it (which, today, he obviously hasn't). But Lambert still hasn't regained my full confidence.

* While still being entirely pleased at success and revelling in won matches.

** Only a few months ago, but seems longer than that!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 21:38]

Thanks Guthers, we have a lot of fence sitters and wind blowers on here. They are in a nice position because they can always go against people with genuine footballing opinions and they can always claim the upper ground due to the numbers and the moving positions and lack of committing. Last season could not be more of a bigger message of looking at performances over results for an end of season picture but yet again the same conversations are being had where the masses attack those that look beyond results.

There is no way that anyone watched yesterday and thought we have finally got a solid Lambert performance. There is no way that all of the misgivings from last season and before had now gone. It is ridiculous to shut down people looking beyond the score. Fence sitting and wind blowing opinions help no one and should not be celebrated.

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:01 - Sep 20 with 2191 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I actually feel a bit of sympathy with the Bluefish position. Yes, we have made a good start - but we did so last season, too.

Unless and (hopefully) until we get to the end of the season without a disaster or major collapse, I will still reserve a bit of caution over Lambert and his performance*. With the wheels having come off so thoroughly in the spring**, there remains a niggling concern that it might happen again.

I'm not going to post stuff critical of the Manager unless I think he's done something to deserve it (which, today, he obviously hasn't). But Lambert still hasn't regained my full confidence.

Sympathy for his position. Posting Lambert out constantly and refusing to write anything but anti Lambert stuff constantly. That position?

The rest of it is what everybody knows. We know its 2 games in and we know what happened last season. As with any season the wheels can come off and we can have a poor season. Lambert hasnt changed everyones opinion or maybe anyones opinion in just two games. This is just about everyones positioin NOT just Blubfests position.

You are missing the point of why people are fed up with him. His position has been to before the season has started drum up massive negative spin on everything the management team were trying to implement. He would jump on anything to make Lambert look like he had lost the squad etc etc. His position even when the season has started has been to take no joy in the wins but to post something critical.after each victory. His position has been to jump on a bump in the road while we are trying to build a style of play. Negatitivty breeds negativity and we can go on a self fulfilling prophecy if we all start to buy into h is BS rather than to support the club.

We're two games in. Thats it. Massive way to go but we've played well and have clear signs of improvement (defensively and in creating chances and have a style we can see forming (identity). Things we were crying out for. Lets get behind that and call it as we actually see it rather than we an agenda. I dont see us running away with this league. There will be tricky patches ahead.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:03 - Sep 20 with 2182 viewsBluefish

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 00:12 - Sep 20 by NewcyBlue

Fishers is much maligned. I quite like him.

I fully agree with all of your post and it sums up my opinion on the matter.

Always knew you were a sensible chap xx

Hope all is well with the family

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:04 - Sep 20 with 2183 viewsSomethingBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:01 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Thanks Guthers, we have a lot of fence sitters and wind blowers on here. They are in a nice position because they can always go against people with genuine footballing opinions and they can always claim the upper ground due to the numbers and the moving positions and lack of committing. Last season could not be more of a bigger message of looking at performances over results for an end of season picture but yet again the same conversations are being had where the masses attack those that look beyond results.

There is no way that anyone watched yesterday and thought we have finally got a solid Lambert performance. There is no way that all of the misgivings from last season and before had now gone. It is ridiculous to shut down people looking beyond the score. Fence sitting and wind blowing opinions help no one and should not be celebrated.

But you are shutting down anyone who remains unconvinced by Lambert but detects a few shoots of optimism. Which is not an irreconcilable position. Do you not see this?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:06 - Sep 20 with 2175 viewsDubtractor

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:01 - Sep 20 by Terry_Nutkins

Sympathy for his position. Posting Lambert out constantly and refusing to write anything but anti Lambert stuff constantly. That position?

The rest of it is what everybody knows. We know its 2 games in and we know what happened last season. As with any season the wheels can come off and we can have a poor season. Lambert hasnt changed everyones opinion or maybe anyones opinion in just two games. This is just about everyones positioin NOT just Blubfests position.

You are missing the point of why people are fed up with him. His position has been to before the season has started drum up massive negative spin on everything the management team were trying to implement. He would jump on anything to make Lambert look like he had lost the squad etc etc. His position even when the season has started has been to take no joy in the wins but to post something critical.after each victory. His position has been to jump on a bump in the road while we are trying to build a style of play. Negatitivty breeds negativity and we can go on a self fulfilling prophecy if we all start to buy into h is BS rather than to support the club.

We're two games in. Thats it. Massive way to go but we've played well and have clear signs of improvement (defensively and in creating chances and have a style we can see forming (identity). Things we were crying out for. Lets get behind that and call it as we actually see it rather than we an agenda. I dont see us running away with this league. There will be tricky patches ahead.

This is correct, but worth noting that there are some on here massively entrenched at the other end too. Almost any observations that were critical of yesterday have been jumped on, even though it is a forum where the whole point is to discuss the game. It is like a virtual post match pub.

2 wins out of 2, with zero conceded is a great start, and we can be cautiously optimistic, but lets not pretend that there haven't been some concerning aspects to both performances.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:14 - Sep 20 with 2163 viewsHerbivore

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:06 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

This is correct, but worth noting that there are some on here massively entrenched at the other end too. Almost any observations that were critical of yesterday have been jumped on, even though it is a forum where the whole point is to discuss the game. It is like a virtual post match pub.

2 wins out of 2, with zero conceded is a great start, and we can be cautiously optimistic, but lets not pretend that there haven't been some concerning aspects to both performances.

Indeed. And we started last season similarly winning games with a reasonable degree of comfort but with some underlying issues too. Given how last season ended up I think some scepticism is understandable. Good to get off to a winning start but let's see if we can push on and improve from here because that's what we've failed to do in Lambert's previous seasons here. Promising starts have petered out and, at times, descended into farce. Two games in it's impossible to say whether this season will be different or not. But let's enjoy the wins as Lord knows we've not had enough of them the past couple of years.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 2163 views26_Paz

Wasn’t a great game but we’re getting wins which can only be positive. We’ve started the season quite well but we did that last year ...

The Paz Man

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:16 - Sep 20 with 2158 viewsBluefish

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:04 - Sep 20 by SomethingBlue

But you are shutting down anyone who remains unconvinced by Lambert but detects a few shoots of optimism. Which is not an irreconcilable position. Do you not see this?

Nope and I haven't seen you actually do that either.

You are shutting down people that are happy with a result but are still concerned that we haven't put right the issues of the past 2 years, can you see that?

It was not a strong performance yesterday, it was just about good enough. We have still never put together a 90 minute performance under PRP and we still have the same issues in creating chances. I will ignore the defensive issues for now and give him the benefit of the doubt with it being a makeshift defence but he must strengthen as soon as players are fit or replace if needed. The midfield is embarrassingly good for this level and the stand out in the division but we can not be content going through the motions in matches. The midfield must drive the game forward and we have to utilise clever dynamic players like Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni. Steady tidy options like Judge and Sears will not unlock games like yesterday and Edwards does more harm than good. Controversial I know but he is a highlights player and affects the team balance. Lankester can put a foot on the ball opposed to just running fast and must be used ahead of him when fit. If JL is not available then the other 2 should be included and used, not loaned out. The central striker has to play centrally, this is not Norwood game but he must be coached into this or replaced. I'd also like to see Holy using the ball quickly with longer throws as well to stretch opponents, we build from the back too slowly at times for a team without pace or size.

I'm sorry this upsets you and others so much, perhaps if I just post how happy I am after every win and say we have some areas to look to improve but they are not important because we won it would be better?

Login to get fewer ads

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:20 - Sep 20 with 2145 viewsSomethingBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:16 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

You are shutting down people that are happy with a result but are still concerned that we haven't put right the issues of the past 2 years, can you see that?

It was not a strong performance yesterday, it was just about good enough. We have still never put together a 90 minute performance under PRP and we still have the same issues in creating chances. I will ignore the defensive issues for now and give him the benefit of the doubt with it being a makeshift defence but he must strengthen as soon as players are fit or replace if needed. The midfield is embarrassingly good for this level and the stand out in the division but we can not be content going through the motions in matches. The midfield must drive the game forward and we have to utilise clever dynamic players like Lankester, Dobra and El Mizouni. Steady tidy options like Judge and Sears will not unlock games like yesterday and Edwards does more harm than good. Controversial I know but he is a highlights player and affects the team balance. Lankester can put a foot on the ball opposed to just running fast and must be used ahead of him when fit. If JL is not available then the other 2 should be included and used, not loaned out. The central striker has to play centrally, this is not Norwood game but he must be coached into this or replaced. I'd also like to see Holy using the ball quickly with longer throws as well to stretch opponents, we build from the back too slowly at times for a team without pace or size.

I'm sorry this upsets you and others so much, perhaps if I just post how happy I am after every win and say we have some areas to look to improve but they are not important because we won it would be better?

This is quite a straw man mate, isn't it. I'm shutting nobody down. I've said after all the recent games that there are things we need to improve, and listed them. I have said I am not convinced by Lambert, because who could be after last season. But I've pointed out the reasons for optimism, which may or may not yet be borne out. Seems that's not permitted. Have a good one.

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:21 - Sep 20 with 2137 viewsBluefish

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:20 - Sep 20 by SomethingBlue

This is quite a straw man mate, isn't it. I'm shutting nobody down. I've said after all the recent games that there are things we need to improve, and listed them. I have said I am not convinced by Lambert, because who could be after last season. But I've pointed out the reasons for optimism, which may or may not yet be borne out. Seems that's not permitted. Have a good one.

Cheers. Just so I know though...you are not happy because I am unconvinced but you are unconvinced

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:22 - Sep 20 with 2130 views26_Paz

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:20 - Sep 20 by SomethingBlue

We’re stuck with lambert so may as well get used to it ... some positive signs ... maybe he’ll turn it around, hope so!

The Paz Man

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:25 - Sep 20 with 2128 viewsSomethingBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:21 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Cheers. Just so I know though...you are not happy because I am unconvinced but you are unconvinced

Is it really this difficult? I'm unconvinced by the manager but see a certain degree of room for optimism that things might be improving at this very early stage. You are unconvinced by the manager and see no room for optimism that things might be improving at this very early stage.

Binary? Yes, but I've had to lower myself to your level here so forgive me.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 10:26]

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:32 - Sep 20 with 2110 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:06 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

Yes that's true as well. It doesn't have to be one position or the other. There have been a few balanced assessments.

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:45 - Sep 20 with 2101 viewsGeoffSentence

Yep, given what happened last year it is diificult to have faith even if we are right up there in a couple of months time.

The positive that does give me a lit of encouragement is the noises coming out of the club rgarding consistency of team selection and formation. For me it was the constant chopping and changing that was baffling and I remain hopeful that a more consistent approach will lead to lead to a consistent level of performance through the season. Hopefully consistently good.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:53 - Sep 20 with 2090 viewsBluefish

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:25 - Sep 20 by SomethingBlue

Is it really this difficult? I'm unconvinced by the manager but see a certain degree of room for optimism that things might be improving at this very early stage. You are unconvinced by the manager and see no room for optimism that things might be improving at this very early stage.

Binary? Yes, but I've had to lower myself to your level here so forgive me.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 10:26]

You could be just playing safe and fence sitting though.

If you actually look through my posts yesterday it is nothing like you describe. I simply said not to get carried away because still areas of concern and it got jumped all over. I was not rabid anti Lambert yesterday at all but we were unconvincing for large parts of the game and he is still struggling to get the team to play a tune in harmony. Is that really that outrageous?

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:29 - Sep 20 with 2059 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:01 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Most of what you're complaining about is straw men. No-one said we've finally got a solid Lambert performance, no-one's said all of the misgivings from last season and before had now gone, no-one's shut down people looking beyond the score.

And WTF is a person "with genuine footballing opinions"?!?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:35 - Sep 20 with 2050 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:53 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

You could be just playing safe and fence sitting though.

If you actually look through my posts yesterday it is nothing like you describe. I simply said not to get carried away because still areas of concern and it got jumped all over. I was not rabid anti Lambert yesterday at all but we were unconvincing for large parts of the game and he is still struggling to get the team to play a tune in harmony. Is that really that outrageous?

We won and went top of the table. You decided the obvious post was a 'how bad are Bristol Rovers' post. The post of a man with an agenda. It was fairly obvious. Who goes with that angle!?

You don't sit on the fence that's for sure. If that's your goal then you succeed.

Why have you started this you have to be one way or the other or you are sitting on the fence nonsense anyway!? We are two league games in! There isn't actually anything wrong with making a judgement based on a selection of performances. You can call it sitting on the fence if you want. For most people it's common sense. Otherwise you are just guessing just because you don't want to 'sit on the fence'. That's stupid

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:36 - Sep 20 with 2048 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:14 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Indeed. And we started last season similarly winning games with a reasonable degree of comfort but with some underlying issues too. Given how last season ended up I think some scepticism is understandable. Good to get off to a winning start but let's see if we can push on and improve from here because that's what we've failed to do in Lambert's previous seasons here. Promising starts have petered out and, at times, descended into farce. Two games in it's impossible to say whether this season will be different or not. But let's enjoy the wins as Lord knows we've not had enough of them the past couple of years.

Do you honestly think he's going to start chopping and changing the team again, after identifying that as one of the problems of last season?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:37 - Sep 20 with 2043 viewsBluefish

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:35 - Sep 20 by Terry_Nutkins

We won and went top of the table. You decided the obvious post was a 'how bad are Bristol Rovers' post. The post of a man with an agenda. It was fairly obvious. Who goes with that angle!?

You don't sit on the fence that's for sure. If that's your goal then you succeed.

Why have you started this you have to be one way or the other or you are sitting on the fence nonsense anyway!? We are two league games in! There isn't actually anything wrong with making a judgement based on a selection of performances. You can call it sitting on the fence if you want. For most people it's common sense. Otherwise you are just guessing just because you don't want to 'sit on the fence'. That's stupid

I posted that in the middle of the game while watching how bad they are. Seems a fairly obvious time to do it

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:39 - Sep 20 with 2037 viewsBluefish

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:29 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

Most of what you're complaining about is straw men. No-one said we've finally got a solid Lambert performance, no-one's said all of the misgivings from last season and before had now gone, no-one's shut down people looking beyond the score.

And WTF is a person "with genuine footballing opinions"?!?

Just to let you know, I am back to not responding to you no matter what you post. I've tried giving you another chance but as I've said before you are just not a person I want to mix with

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:40 - Sep 20 with 2034 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:16 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

In what way has SB shut you down?

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:48 - Sep 20 with 2014 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:39 - Sep 20 by Bluefish

Just to let you know, I am back to not responding to you no matter what you post. I've tried giving you another chance but as I've said before you are just not a person I want to mix with

We're not mixing, this is a discussion forum. And this is pretty unbelievable coming from you, given you called me a racist and a homophobe yesterday. I've never said anything so disgusting about you and frankly I'm appalled Phil Ham seems to think that's acceptable.

EDIT: The real reason you're not answering is you can't, because I'm right. No-one's said the things you're complaining about.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 11:50]

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:53 - Sep 20 with 2003 viewsHerbivore

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:36 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

Do you honestly think he's going to start chopping and changing the team again, after identifying that as one of the problems of last season?

I don't know is the honest answer. I hope he doesn't but then after the last 2 years here it's hard to have much faith. We had a fairly settled line up and formation early on last season before he started messing about. When he first came in we started off with a settled system and way of playing but then started to mix things up. You have to look at his whole 2 years here rather than just the first two league games.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:59 - Sep 20 with 1992 viewsDarth_Koont

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:48 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

We're not mixing, this is a discussion forum. And this is pretty unbelievable coming from you, given you called me a racist and a homophobe yesterday. I've never said anything so disgusting about you and frankly I'm appalled Phil Ham seems to think that's acceptable.

EDIT: The real reason you're not answering is you can't, because I'm right. No-one's said the things you're complaining about.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 11:50]

Bluffers is so edgy he ends up cutting himself.

Still at least it’s all about him.

Pronouns: He/Him

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:59 - Sep 20 with 1991 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:53 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

I don't know is the honest answer. I hope he doesn't but then after the last 2 years here it's hard to have much faith. We had a fairly settled line up and formation early on last season before he started messing about. When he first came in we started off with a settled system and way of playing but then started to mix things up. You have to look at his whole 2 years here rather than just the first two league games.

I am. He'd have to be bonkers to go back to the things everyone's identified (including himself) as being the issues. I don't think he's bonkers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024