Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening 17:55 - Sep 19 with 11513 viewsBluefish

All of those replying to my posts where i said BR were very poor and we were average and slating me for it and telling me to shut up and for all to ignore me. Presumably you must strongly feel that BR were good and we were excellent?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:00 - Sep 20 with 2788 viewsBloots

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:06 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

This is correct, but worth noting that there are some on here massively entrenched at the other end too. Almost any observations that were critical of yesterday have been jumped on, even though it is a forum where the whole point is to discuss the game. It is like a virtual post match pub.

2 wins out of 2, with zero conceded is a great start, and we can be cautiously optimistic, but lets not pretend that there haven't been some concerning aspects to both performances.

....for every person that thinks Lambert is hopeless and is incredibly lucky to be in a job (of which I am one and will continue to be one) there are just as many who can see no wrong in anything as long as we win.

When we started with good results last season, it was plain that we weren't actually playing well. We were basically just scoring from the vast majority of the few few chances we created.

Those of us that realised it were vilified then and it looks like the same thing is already happening now.

I hope we improve considerably from where we are now and start winning some games convincingly just like we should with our squad.

The ability to see both pros and cons really does separate the men from the boys.

COYFB's

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The only reason he won't is because.... on 12:02 - Sep 20 with 2776 viewsBloots

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:59 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

I am. He'd have to be bonkers to go back to the things everyone's identified (including himself) as being the issues. I don't think he's bonkers.

....his boss has told him not to.

If it was down to him he would.

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:02 - Sep 20 with 2776 viewsDarth_Koont

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:00 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....for every person that thinks Lambert is hopeless and is incredibly lucky to be in a job (of which I am one and will continue to be one) there are just as many who can see no wrong in anything as long as we win.

When we started with good results last season, it was plain that we weren't actually playing well. We were basically just scoring from the vast majority of the few few chances we created.

Those of us that realised it were vilified then and it looks like the same thing is already happening now.

I hope we improve considerably from where we are now and start winning some games convincingly just like we should with our squad.

The ability to see both pros and cons really does separate the men from the boys.

COYFB's

Lambert out.

Nonsense.

Name names.

Pronouns: He/Him

Literally, on strings. (n/t) on 12:03 - Sep 20 with 2773 viewsBloots

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:59 - Sep 20 by Darth_Koont

Bluffers is so edgy he ends up cutting himself.

Still at least it’s all about him.

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 12:05 - Sep 20 with 2767 viewsHerbivore

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 11:59 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

I am. He'd have to be bonkers to go back to the things everyone's identified (including himself) as being the issues. I don't think he's bonkers.

Not necessarily bonkers, just not a very capable football manager. There's a quote from Lambert from a while back where he talks about someone saying to him when he was at Villa that he needed to keep it simple and not keep making changes. I'll see if I can find it, but he knew before last season that constant chopping and changing of systems and personnel is no way to be successful. Pretty much everyone who follows football knows as much. He did it anyway.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Agreed. (n/t) on 12:05 - Sep 20 with 2765 viewsBloots

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:32 - Sep 20 by Terry_Nutkins

Yes that's true as well. It doesn't have to be one position or the other. There have been a few balanced assessments.

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:06 - Sep 20 with 2767 viewsBrixtonBlue

COYFB's

Lambert out.

There isn't a single poster on here who can see no wrong in anything. More straw-manning.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Literally, on strings. (n/t) on 12:07 - Sep 20 with 2761 viewsDarth_Koont

Literally, on strings. (n/t) on 12:03 - Sep 20 by Bloots

Yeah, I’m the one on strings ...

I’m not the one agitated by yesterday’s game and the response to it.

Login to get fewer ads

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:08 - Sep 20 with 2748 viewsSomethingBlue

COYFB's

Lambert out.

Very reasonable but who are these people who see no wrong as long as we win? Haven't seen any posts like that this weekend or even this season so far. So it's not really relevant. Let's just push on and hope things keep going well.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 12:18]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 12:11 - Sep 20 with 2738 viewsBrixtonBlue

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 12:05 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Not necessarily bonkers, just not a very capable football manager. There's a quote from Lambert from a while back where he talks about someone saying to him when he was at Villa that he needed to keep it simple and not keep making changes. I'll see if I can find it, but he knew before last season that constant chopping and changing of systems and personnel is no way to be successful. Pretty much everyone who follows football knows as much. He did it anyway.

If he does it again, this season, for no reason, I'll hold my hands up and say you were right. And I'll be calling the men in white coats to take him away.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:13 - Sep 20 with 2735 viewsBrixtonBlue

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:02 - Sep 20 by Darth_Koont

Nonsense.

Name names.

I'd love to see Bloots answer this. Won't hold my breath though.

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:21 - Sep 20 with 2719 viewsDarth_Koont

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:13 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

I'd love to see Bloots answer this. Won't hold my breath though.

He knows it’s nonsense.

“When we started with good results last season, it was plain that we weren't actually playing well. We were basically just scoring from the vast majority of the few few chances we created.

Those of us that realised it were vilified then and it looks like the same thing is already happening now.”

The thing is I was making that same point last autumn fairly frequently and wasn’t vilified for it. If he means that people were vilified for being dicks about it then that would make complete sense.

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:52 - Sep 20 with 2678 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

COYFB's

Lambert out.

Tbf though mate you’re much fairer than Blubbers so you’re not in the same boat.

He literally comes on here after a game to provoke a reaction win, lose or draw. Can genuinely tell he hates it when we win under Lambert. Or at least that’s how he comes across. Which isn’t the same for you.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:53 - Sep 20 with 2675 viewsRyorry

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:21 - Sep 20 by Darth_Koont

He knows it’s nonsense.

“When we started with good results last season, it was plain that we weren't actually playing well. We were basically just scoring from the vast majority of the few few chances we created.

Those of us that realised it were vilified then and it looks like the same thing is already happening now.”

The thing is I was making that same point last autumn fairly frequently and wasn’t vilified for it. If he means that people were vilified for being dicks about it then that would make complete sense.

I'm sure he's also aware, but conveniently chooses to ignore, that the responses he's getting on this thread aren't just down to yesterday, but to his negativity-on-loop throughout the entire year - even when there was no football for months - "PRP" posted *every* day. Every. Bloody. Day.

Bluefish, you can occasionally post good stuff - but please google 'aversion therapy'. 👍

Edit - For clarity, I'd better add that I was *only* talking about Bluefish here, hadn't noticed that DK was actually replying to BB's post about Bloots.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:24]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:00 - Sep 20 with 2668 viewsitfcjoe

COYFB's

Lambert out.

It does feel that this season the success on the pitch is happening in a more sustainable way, and we seem to be going in the right direction on the pitch.

Still have massive reservations, but with the squad we have we should be right at the top end of this league if we keep it simple and structured - which we are doing. Fair play to PL for trusting Dozzell to sit in that deeper role as that is key to how he wants us to play and whilst he is incredibly talented he does have weaknesses in his game which can be exploited. It’s nice for once that we are being positive about things rather than taking the negative risk averse approach

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:16 - Sep 20 with 2643 viewsHerbivore

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:00 - Sep 20 by itfcjoe

It does feel that this season the success on the pitch is happening in a more sustainable way, and we seem to be going in the right direction on the pitch.

Still have massive reservations, but with the squad we have we should be right at the top end of this league if we keep it simple and structured - which we are doing. Fair play to PL for trusting Dozzell to sit in that deeper role as that is key to how he wants us to play and whilst he is incredibly talented he does have weaknesses in his game which can be exploited. It’s nice for once that we are being positive about things rather than taking the negative risk averse approach

I think for Dozzer he's only going to iron out those weaknesses with a regular run of games, which he's now getting. Much of what he needs to work on in that deeper role is the defensive side of the game, tracking runners, making interceptions, getting his foot in where necessary. He's never going to be David Batty and we wouldn't want him to be but if he can be competent defensively he's going to be a hell of a player. I think that reading of the game and that more physical stuff he can really only learn through being on the pitch at senior level.

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:21 - Sep 20 with 2629 viewsSomethingBlue

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:16 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

I think for Dozzer he's only going to iron out those weaknesses with a regular run of games, which he's now getting. Much of what he needs to work on in that deeper role is the defensive side of the game, tracking runners, making interceptions, getting his foot in where necessary. He's never going to be David Batty and we wouldn't want him to be but if he can be competent defensively he's going to be a hell of a player. I think that reading of the game and that more physical stuff he can really only learn through being on the pitch at senior level.

Yep - I actually thought he did that well yesterday, better than in the previous games. Couple of times early in the second half when he snuffed out potentially dangerous situations near our box spring to mind.

Just brilliant to see him starting to push on and while we've all learned never to hold our breaths about anything at ITFC there'll be a lot to be excited about if he continues like this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:26 - Sep 20 with 2621 viewsEnigma_Blue

COYFB's

Lambert out.

How many games did we win convincingly under McCarthy?
I would rather we play poorly and win than play brilliantly and lose.

Are Sunderland who have more resources than us winning games convincingly regularly?

I don't understand where some Town fans get this notion that we should be absolutely blowing teams away. There is a reason we got relegated to this league in the first place. Do you really expect us to be that much better than the likes of Bristol Rovers & Wigan right now?

I swear some of our fans need to lower their expectations a little bit. A win is a win for goodness sake and you can only beat who is in front of you. We are also playing with a make shift defence but still managed to keep two clean sheets.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 13:31]
Well said Dubbers..... on 13:26 - Sep 20 with 2619 viewsHerbivore

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:21 - Sep 20 by SomethingBlue

Yep - I actually thought he did that well yesterday, better than in the previous games. Couple of times early in the second half when he snuffed out potentially dangerous situations near our box spring to mind.

Just brilliant to see him starting to push on and while we've all learned never to hold our breaths about anything at ITFC there'll be a lot to be excited about if he continues like this.

It's been great to see him finally get a run of games and so encouraging to hear that he's already showing improvements game on game in areas where he needs to learn to do more. He's a clever player and clever players tend to learn quickly when given the chance. It's potentially a very exciting season ahead for him, fingers crossed. The challenge will be keeping him here if he carries on playing this well.

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 13:51 - Sep 20 with 2573 viewsPhilTWTD

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:14 - Sep 20 by Herbivore

Indeed. And we started last season similarly winning games with a reasonable degree of comfort but with some underlying issues too. Given how last season ended up I think some scepticism is understandable. Good to get off to a winning start but let's see if we can push on and improve from here because that's what we've failed to do in Lambert's previous seasons here. Promising starts have petered out and, at times, descended into farce. Two games in it's impossible to say whether this season will be different or not. But let's enjoy the wins as Lord knows we've not had enough of them the past couple of years.

I'm not sure the beginning bit is true. Last season, as Bloots said, we were winning games by being clinical and taking our few chances while not really controlling games, hence the switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 to gain more of a foothold in midfield.

Currently we're controlling games and, in spells at least, creating a lot of chances. I'd say the biggest failing in both the league games was not taking our chances and yet we won both 2-0.

Obviously we'll play better sides than we have so far, not sure either have been up to much, so the jury is out on how strong we might ultimately prove to be.
Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 14:30 - Sep 20 with 2524 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I didn’t think BR were great, an improvement on the cup game though, defensively they were a lot more solid.

But it was clear to see they had tweaked their tactics. The 2 wide forwards were clearly told to press the full backs intensely which is where we had a lot of joy in the first game.

However we still never looked in danger really, controlled for spells of the game, and then moved through the gears in the final half an hour, should of been 4.

Not interested if you are Lambert Out or Lambert In, should be able to put that aside to recognise a really positive start. I always wanted Lambert for one more year at least, although acknowledged how poor it was last year, but I’m won’t get carried away just yet, but really happy with the start.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Totally agree with your point about.... on 14:48 - Sep 20 with 2508 viewsBloots

Well said Dubbers..... on 13:26 - Sep 20 by Enigma_Blue

How many games did we win convincingly under McCarthy?
I would rather we play poorly and win than play brilliantly and lose.

Are Sunderland who have more resources than us winning games convincingly regularly?

I don't understand where some Town fans get this notion that we should be absolutely blowing teams away. There is a reason we got relegated to this league in the first place. Do you really expect us to be that much better than the likes of Bristol Rovers & Wigan right now?

I swear some of our fans need to lower their expectations a little bit. A win is a win for goodness sake and you can only beat who is in front of you. We are also playing with a make shift defence but still managed to keep two clean sheets.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 13:31]

....only being able to beat the teams that are in front of you.

The problem is that for the last two seasons we haven't been able to do that.

And yes I do think that we should be easily beating teams like Bristol Rovers and (a completely decimated) Wigan Athletic.

Eh? I've barely ever posted "PRP". (n/t) on 14:55 - Sep 20 with 2492 viewsBloots

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:53 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

I'm sure he's also aware, but conveniently chooses to ignore, that the responses he's getting on this thread aren't just down to yesterday, but to his negativity-on-loop throughout the entire year - even when there was no football for months - "PRP" posted *every* day. Every. Bloody. Day.

Bluefish, you can occasionally post good stuff - but please google 'aversion therapy'. 👍

Edit - For clarity, I'd better add that I was *only* talking about Bluefish here, hadn't noticed that DK was actually replying to BB's post about Bloots.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:24]

Why do some people insist on..... on 14:57 - Sep 20 with 2495 viewsBloots

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:02 - Sep 20 by Darth_Koont

Nonsense.

Name names.

..."calling out" other posters.

Just live and let live.

Everyone is entitled to a view, not just the happy clappers.

Have a nice Sunday afternoon and try not to let Bluefish wind you up so much.

X

Eh? I've barely ever posted "PRP". (n/t) on 15:20 - Sep 20 with 2473 viewsRyorry

Eh? I've barely ever posted "PRP". (n/t) on 14:55 - Sep 20 by Bloots

Not sure if you're wishing to whoosh me! but in any case, I was referring to Bluefish when I posted that - I hadn't observed the post DK was himself replying to - soz

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024