Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening 17:55 - Sep 19 with 11518 viewsBluefish

All of those replying to my posts where i said BR were very poor and we were average and slating me for it and telling me to shut up and for all to ignore me. Presumably you must strongly feel that BR were good and we were excellent?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Why do some people insist on..... on 15:28 - Sep 20 with 1361 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why do some people insist on..... on 14:57 - Sep 20 by Bloots

..."calling out" other posters.

Just live and let live.

Everyone is entitled to a view, not just the happy clappers.

Have a nice Sunday afternoon and try not to let Bluefish wind you up so much.

X

Haha, SWERVE.

You can't name the names because there aren't any.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Go and have a lie down sunbeam.... on 15:32 - Sep 20 with 1357 viewsBloots

Why do some people insist on..... on 15:28 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

Haha, SWERVE.

You can't name the names because there aren't any.

....before you have another one of your breakdowns.

I genuinely worry about you.

Have a great afternoon.

Kiss, kiss.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Totally agree with your point about.... on 15:35 - Sep 20 with 1356 viewsEnigma_Blue

Totally agree with your point about.... on 14:48 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....only being able to beat the teams that are in front of you.

The problem is that for the last two seasons we haven't been able to do that.

And yes I do think that we should be easily beating teams like Bristol Rovers and (a completely decimated) Wigan Athletic.

I am talking about this season so far. If Edwards & Hawkins had taken the really good chances that were created for them we could have easily one 4-0 as it is I will settle for a 2-0 away win as opposed to a 1 all draw at home like Sunderland only managed against them last week. Perhaps BR aren't as poor as you think.
Just because we didn't play brilliantly doesn't mean to say when we come up against better opposition we can't beat them. our best performance last season was our first game against Coventy in a 1-1 draw. Why don't you at least wait until we play one of the better sides and see how we do. If we play badly & lose then you can moan away to your hearts content.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:38]
I'm pretty sure that I'm allowed to have..... on 15:39 - Sep 20 with 1342 viewsBloots

Totally agree with your point about.... on 15:35 - Sep 20 by Enigma_Blue

I am talking about this season so far. If Edwards & Hawkins had taken the really good chances that were created for them we could have easily one 4-0 as it is I will settle for a 2-0 away win as opposed to a 1 all draw at home like Sunderland only managed against them last week. Perhaps BR aren't as poor as you think.
Just because we didn't play brilliantly doesn't mean to say when we come up against better opposition we can't beat them. our best performance last season was our first game against Coventy in a 1-1 draw. Why don't you at least wait until we play one of the better sides and see how we do. If we play badly & lose then you can moan away to your hearts content.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:38]

....whatever opinion I want.

The same way you are.

I don't need to seek out the approval of whoever you are to express my view.

But thanks anyway sweetcheeks.

I'm pretty sure that I'm allowed to have..... on 15:46 - Sep 20 with 1330 viewsEnigma_Blue

I'm pretty sure that I'm allowed to have..... on 15:39 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....whatever opinion I want.

The same way you are.

I don't need to seek out the approval of whoever you are to express my view.

But thanks anyway sweetcheeks.

Very true but if you feel the need to post your opinion on a forum you have to be prepared that some people might take issue with it just like you have with mine. I could only imagine if you & the likes of Bluefish supported a team like Bolton or Wigan I would worry you might get suicidal.
We do support a team like Wigan. (n/t) on 15:51 - Sep 20 with 1317 viewsBloots

I'm pretty sure that I'm allowed to have..... on 15:46 - Sep 20 by Enigma_Blue

Very true but if you feel the need to post your opinion on a forum you have to be prepared that some people might take issue with it just like you have with mine. I could only imagine if you & the likes of Bluefish supported a team like Bolton or Wigan I would worry you might get suicidal.

Go and have a lie down sunbeam.... on 15:56 - Sep 20 with 1306 viewsBrixtonBlue

Go and have a lie down sunbeam.... on 15:32 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....before you have another one of your breakdowns.

I genuinely worry about you.

Have a great afternoon.

Kiss, kiss.

Why on earth would you be worried about me or thinking I'm close to a breakdown when I'm merely pointing out you're posting nonsense about stuff that didn't happen?

Are you Karl Pilkington?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We do support a team like Wigan. (n/t) on 15:58 - Sep 20 with 1301 viewsEnigma_Blue

We do support a team like Wigan. (n/t) on 15:51 - Sep 20 by Bloots

I must have missed us going in to administration then the subsequent mass exodus of players in the summer and us being tipped for relegation, but then I don't always have my finger on the pulse.
Login to get fewer ads

Why do some people insist on..... on 16:01 - Sep 20 with 1288 viewsDarth_Koont

Why do some people insist on..... on 14:57 - Sep 20 by Bloots

..."calling out" other posters.

Just live and let live.

Everyone is entitled to a view, not just the happy clappers.

Have a nice Sunday afternoon and try not to let Bluefish wind you up so much.

X

Pronouns: He/Him

We do support a team like Wigan. (n/t) on 16:02 - Sep 20 with 1288 viewsBrixtonBlue

We do support a team like Wigan. (n/t) on 15:58 - Sep 20 by Enigma_Blue

I must have missed us going in to administration then the subsequent mass exodus of players in the summer and us being tipped for relegation, but then I don't always have my finger on the pulse.

Bloots is flailing about like someone who thinks they've just seen a wasp.

I never post nonsense.... on 16:02 - Sep 20 with 1281 viewsBloots

Go and have a lie down sunbeam.... on 15:56 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

Why on earth would you be worried about me or thinking I'm close to a breakdown when I'm merely pointing out you're posting nonsense about stuff that didn't happen?

Are you Karl Pilkington?

....anyone with the slightest level of intelligence knows and accepts that.

x

Is this bullying yet? (n/t) on 16:05 - Sep 20 with 1271 viewsBloots

We do support a team like Wigan. (n/t) on 16:02 - Sep 20 by BrixtonBlue

Bloots is flailing about like someone who thinks they've just seen a wasp.

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 16:13 - Sep 20 with 1256 viewsmonytowbray

And he said I am desperate for attention once!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Well said Dubbers..... on 16:13 - Sep 20 with 1258 viewsRyorry

Well said Dubbers..... on 12:00 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....for every person that thinks Lambert is hopeless and is incredibly lucky to be in a job (of which I am one and will continue to be one) there are just as many who can see no wrong in anything as long as we win.

When we started with good results last season, it was plain that we weren't actually playing well. We were basically just scoring from the vast majority of the few few chances we created.

Those of us that realised it were vilified then and it looks like the same thing is already happening now.

I hope we improve considerably from where we are now and start winning some games convincingly just like we should with our squad.

The ability to see both pros and cons really does separate the men from the boys.

COYFB's

Lambert out.

I just don't see why everything has to be so binary.

You & Bluefish are perfectly entitled to be sceptical, even cynical - I think most of us who follow Town are seasoned/realistic enough to be carrying a bit of that around with us in our subconscious at all times anyway.

"Happy Clappers" (if there are any, I haven't seen anyone who thinks were on the threshold of the Championship door with roses planted round it ready for us) are entitled to do that if they want.

What most people are reacting to I think (no doubt I'll be corrected if wrong!) is that we're not even allowed to enjoy 10 minutes post-match happiness with a 2-0 win, without someone (usually Bluefish) stuffing a heap of killjoy negativity down our throats, on top of the incessant negativity he posts almost every day - even during this years' months long close-season.

Lor knows there's been little enough to be happy about or celebrate for months, so it'd be great to just enjoy our 10 minutes of unadulterated happiness after a 2-0 league win without being labelled "happy clappers" & without someone shredding the performance of team & manager with a "yes but ... they're a rubbish team/others will tear us open/" etc etc.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

So the premice is that things shouldn't be "binary".... on 16:23 - Sep 20 with 1254 viewsBloots

Well said Dubbers..... on 16:13 - Sep 20 by Ryorry

I just don't see why everything has to be so binary.

You & Bluefish are perfectly entitled to be sceptical, even cynical - I think most of us who follow Town are seasoned/realistic enough to be carrying a bit of that around with us in our subconscious at all times anyway.

"Happy Clappers" (if there are any, I haven't seen anyone who thinks were on the threshold of the Championship door with roses planted round it ready for us) are entitled to do that if they want.

What most people are reacting to I think (no doubt I'll be corrected if wrong!) is that we're not even allowed to enjoy 10 minutes post-match happiness with a 2-0 win, without someone (usually Bluefish) stuffing a heap of killjoy negativity down our throats, on top of the incessant negativity he posts almost every day - even during this years' months long close-season.

Lor knows there's been little enough to be happy about or celebrate for months, so it'd be great to just enjoy our 10 minutes of unadulterated happiness after a 2-0 league win without being labelled "happy clappers" & without someone shredding the performance of team & manager with a "yes but ... they're a rubbish team/others will tear us open/" etc etc.

....they should be balanced?

I agree totally and I'm pretty sure that being balanced means that you should be able to point out negatives as well as positives.

That's balance.

I want us to win every match, but I'm not blinkered enough to realise there are still considerable issues with the team, as well as the number of positives we have seen so far.

If people don't like that type of balance then they should just ignore my opinions.

But I'm still entitled to it.

Lambert out.

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 16:28 - Sep 20 with 1250 viewsBlueBadger

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 10:45 - Sep 20 by GeoffSentence

Yep, given what happened last year it is diificult to have faith even if we are right up there in a couple of months time.

The positive that does give me a lit of encouragement is the noises coming out of the club rgarding consistency of team selection and formation. For me it was the constant chopping and changing that was baffling and I remain hopeful that a more consistent approach will lead to lead to a consistent level of performance through the season. Hopefully consistently good.

Although frankly, Lambert should have been sacked for needing ME to tell him to knock it off with the Lambingo.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So the premice is that things shouldn't be "binary".... on 16:28 - Sep 20 with 1249 viewsSomethingBlue

So the premice is that things shouldn't be "binary".... on 16:23 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....they should be balanced?

I agree totally and I'm pretty sure that being balanced means that you should be able to point out negatives as well as positives.

That's balance.

I want us to win every match, but I'm not blinkered enough to realise there are still considerable issues with the team, as well as the number of positives we have seen so far.

If people don't like that type of balance then they should just ignore my opinions.

But I'm still entitled to it.

Lambert out.

"I want us to win every match, but I'm not blinkered enough to realise there are still considerable issues with the team, as well as the number of positives we have seen so far."

*Literally* everyone agrees on this though. Where are all these blinkered happy clappers?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 16:37 - Sep 20 with 1229 viewsreusersfreekicks

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 18:24 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

It never ceases to amaze me that you’re adult .

Don’t ever change fishers, you’re a legend.

And a school governor
Well essentially it's anyone that.... on 16:38 - Sep 20 with 1235 viewsBloots

So the premice is that things shouldn't be "binary".... on 16:28 - Sep 20 by SomethingBlue

"I want us to win every match, but I'm not blinkered enough to realise there are still considerable issues with the team, as well as the number of positives we have seen so far."

*Literally* everyone agrees on this though. Where are all these blinkered happy clappers?

....shouts down any poster that tries to offer some balance.

The issue about whether Bristol Rovers are crap or not is a good example.

I've watched them twice in a couple of weeks and they've been total plop on both occasions.

In my opinion, if someone thinks that we've beaten them twice because we played particularly well then I think they are looking at things through blue tinted specs.

We've done what we needed to so far, but that's it.

Calling people out because they dare to mention negatives is a pointless exercise, and not what this board should be for.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 16:41]

Well essentially it's anyone that.... on 16:47 - Sep 20 with 1221 viewsDubtractor

Well essentially it's anyone that.... on 16:38 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....shouts down any poster that tries to offer some balance.

The issue about whether Bristol Rovers are crap or not is a good example.

I've watched them twice in a couple of weeks and they've been total plop on both occasions.

In my opinion, if someone thinks that we've beaten them twice because we played particularly well then I think they are looking at things through blue tinted specs.

We've done what we needed to so far, but that's it.

Calling people out because they dare to mention negatives is a pointless exercise, and not what this board should be for.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 16:41]

I'm glad Fishers took the flack as I was going to post something similar about how bad Rovers were.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Well essentially it's anyone that.... on 16:55 - Sep 20 with 1212 viewsBluefish

Well essentially it's anyone that.... on 16:47 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

I'm glad Fishers took the flack as I was going to post something similar about how bad Rovers were.

I think my 2 big crimes were

1 saying Bristol Rovers are crap

2 saying we would be better by bringing Lankester on for Edwards or Sears

It set the masses of morons off on one saying I am a disgrace, oddly I think they probably all agree though about my 2 points above. From what I can gather me saying we won but could still improve is anti itfc and horrendous but them saying we won but could still improve is great balance.

Luckily I haven't found any of them yet with football views that I respect. A few claim to understand football but they post safe fence sitting nonsense.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 16:57 - Sep 20 with 1205 viewsHerbivore

Just to confirm before I sign off for the evening on 13:51 - Sep 20 by PhilTWTD

I'm not sure the beginning bit is true. Last season, as Bloots said, we were winning games by being clinical and taking our few chances while not really controlling games, hence the switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 to gain more of a foothold in midfield.

Currently we're controlling games and, in spells at least, creating a lot of chances. I'd say the biggest failing in both the league games was not taking our chances and yet we won both 2-0.

Obviously we'll play better sides than we have so far, not sure either have been up to much, so the jury is out on how strong we might ultimately prove to be.

Fair dos. I didn't see yesterday's game but the Wigan game for me was reminiscent of early season last season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If they don't improve they will go down.... on 16:58 - Sep 20 with 1209 viewsBloots

Well essentially it's anyone that.... on 16:47 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

....I'd expect the kids on here to not be able to see past a 0-2 victory, but I'm pretty sure that some of the people getting so upset by this fact are adults.

They must have watched football before, surely?

If they don't improve they will go down.... on 17:01 - Sep 20 with 1201 viewsDubtractor

If they don't improve they will go down.... on 16:58 - Sep 20 by Bloots

....I'd expect the kids on here to not be able to see past a 0-2 victory, but I'm pretty sure that some of the people getting so upset by this fact are adults.

They must have watched football before, surely?

I don't follow teams too closely in this division, but I think I'm right in thinking that their record since Garner took over in the middle of last season is pretty dire?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I think they've won 2 out of.... on 17:05 - Sep 20 with 1198 viewsBloots

If they don't improve they will go down.... on 17:01 - Sep 20 by Dubtractor

I don't follow teams too closely in this division, but I think I'm right in thinking that their record since Garner took over in the middle of last season is pretty dire?

....about 20.

Plus they've lost Clarke-Harris.

They offer zero attacking threat at all.

(but a win's a win, obvs!)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024