Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong 14:00 - Sep 22 with 5765 viewsSomethingBlue

I'm not sure I have ever read anything as brazen, and I've been fully awake for most of the last four years.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That is a massive, massive insult on 15:41 - Sep 22 with 3486 viewsfactual_blue

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 14:40 - Sep 22 by vapour_trail

You have the brains of a monkey.

.to monkeys.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 15:51 - Sep 22 with 3458 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 14:25 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

This is worse, nothing to do with the failures of test and trace apparently as that isn't how it spreads

EDIT - Just same tweet as above
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 14:28]

He doesn't know his brief, does he?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:07 - Sep 22 with 3435 viewsRocky

We have a party in power that despises state intervention under a banner of individual freedom.
The opposite of that is what is most needed.
It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:11 - Sep 22 with 3426 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:07 - Sep 22 by Rocky

We have a party in power that despises state intervention under a banner of individual freedom.

It's quite impressive how multiple generations of Tories have sold that line to the public. Not only to get them to accept it, but to passionately support it when these same approaches hurt them. The great political con of the late 20th and early 21st Centuries.

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:14 - Sep 22 with 3412 viewsitfcjoe

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:07 - Sep 22 by Rocky

These aren't Tories though in reality - it's a Brexit cult.

Any other Tory leader over the last 100 years would be handling this better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:15 - Sep 22 with 3418 viewsBlueBadger

Point of order: we have a party in power that despises state intervention where it impedes rich, which, straight men. They're all for state intervention for anyone who isn't People Like Us.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 9:51]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:18 - Sep 22 with 3407 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 14:55 - Sep 22 by usm

He's right though.

The UK - generally - followed the initial lockdown restrictions very well, surprisingly so. Not all of us, there will always be 5/10% of us who dont follow rules.

However, as the restrictions relaxed, very few of us properly followed those restrictions, and hence we are where we are today.

Its probably reversed completely with maybe 10% of us following the restrictions, and 90% not.

That doesn't make him right though does it? If we've proven that we did want to be safe and were willing to abide by the initial lockdown, and fairly rigorously in most cases, I'd argue it proves we value safety over some vague notion of 'freedom'.

It was the confusing messaging and the failure to berate Cummings for breaking guidelines when it all started to go wrong. They then compounded the problem by paying people to go to pubs and restaurants, mounting a half-arsed campaign to get back to work, committing to a return to schools irrespective of the virus position.

It's difficult and they have to balance multiple and conflicting needs, I get that. But they haven't handled it well at all.

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:27 - Sep 22 with 3382 viewsvapour_trail

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 14:55 - Sep 22 by usm

He's right though.

The UK - generally - followed the initial lockdown restrictions very well, surprisingly so. Not all of us, there will always be 5/10% of us who dont follow rules.

However, as the restrictions relaxed, very few of us properly followed those restrictions, and hence we are where we are today.

Its probably reversed completely with maybe 10% of us following the restrictions, and 90% not.

Your probable stats - is there any basis for those?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Login to get fewer ads

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:32 - Sep 22 with 3365 viewsJ2BLUE

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:14 - Sep 22 by itfcjoe

These aren't Tories though in reality - it's a Brexit cult.

Any other Tory leader over the last 100 years would be handling this better

We should have a law which demands a government of unity in times of war or crisis. I'm sick of seeing the main parties sniping at each other in what is clearly petty point scoring than trying to deal with the problem. The Tories and Labour both had a political lightweight on the BBC politics show earlier taking little jabs at each other and offering nothing.

In fact, politics as a whole is a cesspit. BJ questioned in the HofC earlier and barely answered a single question. Just repeated bluster.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:39 - Sep 22 with 3348 viewsDanTheMan

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:32 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

We should have a law which demands a government of unity in times of war or crisis. I'm sick of seeing the main parties sniping at each other in what is clearly petty point scoring than trying to deal with the problem. The Tories and Labour both had a political lightweight on the BBC politics show earlier taking little jabs at each other and offering nothing.

In fact, politics as a whole is a cesspit. BJ questioned in the HofC earlier and barely answered a single question. Just repeated bluster.

"In fact, politics as a whole is a cesspit. BJ questioned in the HofC earlier and barely answered a single question. Just repeated bluster."

Probably repeating what I've said here a dozen times but I'd love it if this could be reformed. Either the Speaker or someone could get involved and get them to actually answer the questions and not just ignore them so they can say something else entirely, like BJ did in that Twitter video in this thread.

Also, no questions that are from the party of whoever is in Government that are essentially "Do you agree with <insert party policy here>?"

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:02 - Sep 22 with 3324 viewsMullet

Those notoriously placid, cautious and obedient Italians eh?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:05 - Sep 22 with 3322 viewsKropotkin123

Watching Bloomberg news earlier and Jonathan Ferro was explaining things for the American audience. In summary...

The government are trying to say this is not a U-turn because they are responding to the data. But the government policies encouraged people to get out more, go back into the office, eat out, go to the pub, etc. This lead to a change in the data, which has lead to a U-turn on the policy.

It is just embarrassing how easily the government's whitewashing of mistakes can be exposed in a few seconds. Yet our national media seemingly lap it up and push it onto the general public. One of my colleagues today was blaming it on ravers, as if they were the sole reason for the increases. Nothing to do with people like him going into an office and drinking at bars with clients...
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 17:05]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:08 - Sep 22 with 3307 viewsKropotkin123

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:32 - Sep 22 by J2BLUE

I wish I could up this twice. Two great points that are simple and easily overlooked.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 17:08]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:09 - Sep 22 with 3301 viewsusm

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 16:18 - Sep 22 by Swansea_Blue

That doesn't make him right though does it? If we've proven that we did want to be safe and were willing to abide by the initial lockdown, and fairly rigorously in most cases, I'd argue it proves we value safety over some vague notion of 'freedom'.

It was the confusing messaging and the failure to berate Cummings for breaking guidelines when it all started to go wrong. They then compounded the problem by paying people to go to pubs and restaurants, mounting a half-arsed campaign to get back to work, committing to a return to schools irrespective of the virus position.

It's difficult and they have to balance multiple and conflicting needs, I get that. But they haven't handled it well at all.

Agreed theyve made a bit of a pigs ear of it, bit it is an impossible situation.

Mixed and confused messages seems to be the biggest issue

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:11 - Sep 22 with 3296 viewsMullet

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:09 - Sep 22 by usm

Agreed theyve made a bit of a pigs ear of it, bit it is an impossible situation.

Mixed and confused messages seems to be the biggest issue

You mean strategy.

Take the plaudits but never the blame should be this government's epitaph.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:15 - Sep 22 with 3270 viewsEdwardStone

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 14:50 - Sep 22 by Herbivore

Such a piss poor 'comedy' creation.

I remember when "comedy" creations used to be funny....

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:17 - Sep 22 with 3269 viewsPJH

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:11 - Sep 22 by Mullet

You mean strategy.

I think the word 'incompetent' is the word that usually comes to mind when any one of Dominic Cummings' cabinet says or does anything.

The word 'incompetent' is usually preceded and/or followed by another word or two.
It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:18 - Sep 22 with 3262 viewsEdmundo

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 14:07 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

So he's saying Britain is full of selfish tits? I make him right.

No one's keeping anyone in the country.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:55 - Sep 22 with 3225 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:18 - Sep 22 by Edmundo

Although funnily enough the government actually are literally keeping people in the country in areas with local lockdowns, or those who've tested positive or showing symptoms (well people are being advised they can't leave their region or home, but I'm not sure how it's being policed).

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 18:03 - Sep 22 with 3217 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:11 - Sep 22 by Mullet

You mean strategy.

Yeah, it actually does go deeper than just the communication. The communication is partly so poor because they don't have a clear approach.

Take this alert level business. They announced it on 10th May out of the blue, when we were at level 4 with the actions being 'Current social distancing measures and restrictions'. Those were lockdown in place, home working unless essential, no schools and no pubs.

We've just head that they're increasing to alert level 4 (after hearing nothing about it from months), but this time with people back at work, pubs open, schools open and no widespread lockdown. So a completely different set of restrictions.

Maybe I didn't understand the original alert level scale, but it looks to me like they're making it up as they go along and just responding to whatever that day's criticism is, rather than have a clear strategy and plan for how to deal with it.

No wonder their communication gives mixed messages.

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 18:08 - Sep 22 with 3206 viewsSpruceMoose

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 17:18 - Sep 22 by Edmundo

Nothing was stopping Brexiteers leaving if they wanted to live in a non-EU country either...

Anyway, if the good people like me all leave then the tittage just becomes more concentrated.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 18:13 - Sep 22 with 3196 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 18:08 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Nothing was stopping Brexiteers leaving if they wanted to live in a non-EU country either...

Anyway, if the good people like me all leave then the tittage just becomes more concentrated.

Been plenty of that on show on the beaches this summer. Ah, TWTD.

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 18:16 - Sep 22 with 3194 viewsHerbivore

The Brexiteers have made it much harder for anyone to leave, afraid you're stuck with us now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 18:44 - Sep 22 with 3164 viewsjaykay

It's ok, Johnson has explained why it's going so wrong on 14:38 - Sep 22 by MonkeyAlan

Boris is a good egg really.

mmmmm you have to better than that, to live up to your past alias. very poor imitation

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024