Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
US election megathread 03:24 - Sep 23 with 138289 viewsSpruceMoose

Seeing as we are approaching the presidential debates, and with the actual election being only 42 days away, maybe we could keep this as a US election megathread for those on here who are interested? One location for all the discussion would prevent multiple threads clogging up the board for those who don't care to get involved?

Personally, the reality of having to experience this election in the near future is stressful AF so if anyone else wants to get stressed together... Jump on board.

Now, insert all the usual caveats about polling here but...it's looking positive that we will be rid of Trump come 2021, much to the disappointment of a couple of posters on here. 538 are well respected in the field of poll analysis so what they announce should be taken seriously.

Of course their analysis doesn't take account of any election fraud, Russian interference, voter suppression etc. But it's positive news none the less. Once Trump is gone, we can work on Johnson. Decent people of the world... Unite!

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 3:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

US election megathread on 23:17 - Sep 27 with 2472 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:15 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

It was dumb for him to say it's Fake News. There's no way the NYT don't have evidence to validate this, and I fully expect them to drop it over the next couple of days.

He should have just gone with 'avoiding tax makes me smart' line again. Plenty of people would agree with that.

And of course there is always a tweet

US election megathread on 23:20 - Sep 27 with 2461 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:17 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

And of course there is always a tweet

And the finances get more messy

US election megathread on 23:34 - Sep 27 with 2438 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:20 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

And the finances get more messy

US election megathread on 23:37 - Sep 27 with 2447 viewsHARRY10

"They are promising more details on Trump’s fraud around taxes. How will that help him and harm Biden? " E Grizzly

I'm not sure how my comment -

'Is there anyone out there who thinks these coming revelations are going to help him narrow that gap ? '

can be construed as that, in fact it rather suggests the opposite

As to Deutche Bank -

"Deutsche Bank managed tens of millions of dollars of Trump’s personal assets. The bank also furnished him with other services that have not previously been reported: providing sophisticated financial instruments that shielded him from risks and outside scrutiny, and making introductions to wealthy Russians who were interested in investing in Western real estate. If Trump cheated on his taxes, ­Deutsche Bank would probably know. If his net worth is measured in millions, not billions, ­Deutsche Bank would probably know. If he secretly got money from the Kremlin, ­Deutsche Bank would probably know."

I would therefore suggest that this is the first of many cracks in the dam of Trumps dubious business affairs, and will undoubtedly take down a good few more than our orange face crook
US election megathread on 23:54 - Sep 27 with 2434 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 23:13 - Sep 27 by ElderGrizzly

I can see this being a tactic. Trump would happily go low against Biden’s deceased son

I think early voting may be harming Trump too. I read an article this week that said 800,000 early votes have already been cast compared to 10,000 at this same point in 2016. If that's true thats pretty staggering, and probably reflects how disliked Clinton was back then and how Trump is so disliked now.

Trump seems to be creating some kind of rage vote phenomena.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

US election megathread on 00:04 - Sep 28 with 2423 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 23:54 - Sep 27 by SpruceMoose

I think early voting may be harming Trump too. I read an article this week that said 800,000 early votes have already been cast compared to 10,000 at this same point in 2016. If that's true thats pretty staggering, and probably reflects how disliked Clinton was back then and how Trump is so disliked now.

I would suggest the increase in postal voting is in response to the US having such an antiquated voting system that voters are often required to queue for hours to vote.

Not something which lends itself to much appeal in normal times, never mind now with covid 'lurking' round every corner... along with all manner of 'sad max' right-wing wannabes festooned with Walmarts latest gun range, mincing around on every street corner on voting day.
US election megathread on 07:02 - Sep 28 with 2331 viewsElderGrizzly

Fraud, fraud, fraud

US election megathread on 07:02 - Sep 28 with 2330 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 23:37 - Sep 27 by HARRY10

"They are promising more details on Trump’s fraud around taxes. How will that help him and harm Biden? " E Grizzly

'Is there anyone out there who thinks these coming revelations are going to help him narrow that gap ? '

As to Deutche Bank -

"Deutsche Bank managed tens of millions of dollars of Trump’s personal assets. The bank also furnished him with other services that have not previously been reported: providing sophisticated financial instruments that shielded him from risks and outside scrutiny, and making introductions to wealthy Russians who were interested in investing in Western real estate. If Trump cheated on his taxes, ­Deutsche Bank would probably know. If his net worth is measured in millions, not billions, ­Deutsche Bank would probably know. If he secretly got money from the Kremlin, ­Deutsche Bank would probably know."

I would therefore suggest that this is the first of many cracks in the dam of Trumps dubious business affairs, and will undoubtedly take down a good few more than our orange face crook

Sorry H, my misreading late at night!
Login to get fewer ads

US election megathread on 07:07 - Sep 28 with 2339 viewsOldsmoker

US election megathread on 23:37 - Sep 27 by HARRY10

As to Deutche Bank -

The phrase "Follow the money" has never been more apt.
One of you TWTD'ers posted that Trump acts like a gangster and Al Capone, who is probably the most notorius gangster, was sent to prison for tax avoidance and that fate probably awaits Trump.
That's looking increasingly likely.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

US election megathread on 10:57 - Sep 28 with 2302 viewsmonytowbray

US election megathread on 07:07 - Sep 28 by Oldsmoker

The phrase "Follow the money" has never been more apt.
One of you TWTD'ers posted that Trump acts like a gangster and Al Capone, who is probably the most notorius gangster, was sent to prison for tax avoidance and that fate probably awaits Trump.
That's looking increasingly likely.

Wait until his DNA proves his guilt in one of multiple of rape cases.

This rape was one of the ones that wasn’t a minor too. Rumour has it Maxwell is entering a plea deal on those ones.

No wonder the whole family are off their nut on more nose stimulants than usual lately. Trump Jr’s eyes these days look worse than p1ss holes in the snow, more like puddles of blood.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

US election megathread on 12:14 - Sep 28 with 2264 viewsBent_double

The huge number of mail-in votes could also work in Trump's favour, as I mentioned the other day.

You would think that most Trump supporters will be voting in person, whereas Democrats will be more inclined to vote by post, so on the day, it's possible that Trump will 'win', whilst his supporters set about disrupting the mail-in count and alleging fraud, and the longer it takes to count all those extra votes, the more time there will be for the Republicans to dig-in and refuse to accept any other result.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

US election megathread on 12:18 - Sep 28 with 2251 viewsStokieBlue

US election megathread on 12:14 - Sep 28 by Bent_double

The huge number of mail-in votes could also work in Trump's favour, as I mentioned the other day.

You would think that most Trump supporters will be voting in person, whereas Democrats will be more inclined to vote by post, so on the day, it's possible that Trump will 'win', whilst his supporters set about disrupting the mail-in count and alleging fraud, and the longer it takes to count all those extra votes, the more time there will be for the Republicans to dig-in and refuse to accept any other result.

It's such a sad state of affairs that we even consider these scenarios in what used to be cornerstone Western democracies.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

US election megathread on 12:40 - Sep 28 with 2224 viewsEireannach_gorm

US election megathread on 22:49 - Sep 27 by monytowbray

Amazing work from the NYT.

Sadly he’ll brush it off as fake news or start making up something about Biden’s tax records.

You're clairvoyant!

US election megathread on 13:04 - Sep 28 with 2201 viewsSpruceMoose

US election megathread on 12:14 - Sep 28 by Bent_double

He's fully planning on doing that anyway, postal voting or no postal voting.

US election megathread on 17:01 - Sep 28 with 2132 viewsElderGrizzly

US election megathread on 13:04 - Sep 28 by SpruceMoose

He's fully planning on doing that anyway, postal voting or no postal voting.

Black People need to be stopped voting according to the latest data leak on GOP

US election megathread on 17:07 - Sep 28 with 2130 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 07:02 - Sep 28 by ElderGrizzly

Sorry H, my misreading late at night!

cheers, no harm done

Elsewhere Trumps business acumen seems to mirror his political abilities - gross failure at every turn. The fear for him now is not what has been released, but what else there is to come out, and what investigations and criminal proceedings will follow.

"the Times speculated: “Should he win re-election, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of weighing whether to foreclose on a sitting president.”

The genie is out of the bottle, and while there are plenty who will still vote for him - there are many who will recognise that their votes could elect someone who will spend te following four years fighting investigation and possible criminal proceedings

Someone who will not be focussed on getting the US out of the current mess, but keeping himself out of court, if not jail. How much that thought affects the vote will have to be seen - but it certainly won't increase his vote share, that you can be certain of.
US election megathread on 18:39 - Sep 28 with 2087 viewsOldsmoker

US election megathread on 17:07 - Sep 28 by HARRY10

cheers, no harm done

Elsewhere Trumps business acumen seems to mirror his political abilities - gross failure at every turn. The fear for him now is not what has been released, but what else there is to come out, and what investigations and criminal proceedings will follow.

"the Times speculated: “Should he win re-election, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of weighing whether to foreclose on a sitting president.”

The genie is out of the bottle, and while there are plenty who will still vote for him - there are many who will recognise that their votes could elect someone who will spend te following four years fighting investigation and possible criminal proceedings

Someone who will not be focussed on getting the US out of the current mess, but keeping himself out of court, if not jail. How much that thought affects the vote will have to be seen - but it certainly won't increase his vote share, that you can be certain of.

Trump is about to appoint a 3rd judge to the Supreme court.
He has appointed some 200 federal judges too.
Can he sack these federal judges?
He would definitely threaten a judge with the sack if one was to prosecute him for financial crimes.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

US election megathread on 19:31 - Sep 28 with 2063 viewsmonytowbray

Yesterday Parscale had a breakdown. Today C4 blows open more data on Cambridge Analytica proving they lied and did manipulate FB users with illegal data. It’s like the two add up.

Odd how this data came out to the public not long after Bannon’s arrest.

The ship is sinking and the rats are jumping. Hold on tight, it’s gonna get good GLOBALLY.

TWTD never forgets…

US election megathread on 20:25 - Sep 28 with 2023 viewsSwansea_Blue

US election megathread on 19:31 - Sep 28 by monytowbray

Yesterday Parscale had a breakdown. Today C4 blows open more data on Cambridge Analytica proving they lied and did manipulate FB users with illegal data. It’s like the two add up.

Odd how this data came out to the public not long after Bannon’s arrest.

The ship is sinking and the rats are jumping. Hold on tight, it’s gonna get good GLOBALLY.

Their report tonight is fascinating and as sinister as feck in equal measure. A highly recommended watch, not least as another warning to us. The same actors and approaches have already been used here to subvert at least one election. We could stop this happening if people just ignored the partisan nonsense and overt political ads on facebook and other social media streams.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-trump-campaign-strategy-to-deter-millions
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 20:26]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

US election megathread on 21:01 - Sep 28 with 1994 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 18:39 - Sep 28 by Oldsmoker

Trump is about to appoint a 3rd judge to the Supreme court.
He has appointed some 200 federal judges too.
Can he sack these federal judges?
He would definitely threaten a judge with the sack if one was to prosecute him for financial crimes.

Judges don't prosecute, they oversee the trial

and it is the jury who decide guilt, or not

as to the number of federal judges he has appointed,

200 would amount to a quarter of all federal judges, and as they are appointed for life I don't think Trump could remove any on a whim
US election megathread on 22:43 - Sep 28 with 1964 viewsmonytowbray

US election megathread on 20:25 - Sep 28 by Swansea_Blue

Their report tonight is fascinating and as sinister as feck in equal measure. A highly recommended watch, not least as another warning to us. The same actors and approaches have already been used here to subvert at least one election. We could stop this happening if people just ignored the partisan nonsense and overt political ads on facebook and other social media streams.

https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-trump-campaign-strategy-to-deter-millions

Doc today that Camb’ Anal’ are helping churches recruit vulnerable folk and then using their data to radicalise them.

People need to wake up, FB is no longer social media but a psychological warfare tool. Zuck is in on it.

TWTD never forgets…

US election megathread on 22:52 - Sep 28 with 1950 viewsHARRY10

It would help better if folk actually took a bit of time to understand what is happening - but I fear they won't

Something those behind the manipulation HAVE grasped.

'Johnny foreigner' is stealing our fish.... boo

Johnny Englisher is stealing your data and misusing it.... so what ?
US election megathread on 09:45 - Sep 29 with 1875 viewsElderGrizzly

Of course he did. It’s not even up for debate

US election megathread on 09:54 - Sep 29 with 1866 viewsHARRY10

US election megathread on 09:45 - Sep 29 by ElderGrizzly

Of course he did. It’s not even up for debate

I shall be staying up to watch the debate (2am BST),

if only to enjoy the orange faced buffoon attempt Johnsons current record of 43 lies in one hour
US election megathread on 12:57 - Sep 29 with 1841 viewsHARRY10

"A former federal prosecutor who worked on the Watergate scandal has said Donald and Ivanka Trump could be imprisoned for “tax fraud” after leaving the White House.

Asked during an appearance on CNN whether the US president could face charges for years of alleged tax evasion following the publication of his tax records this week, Nick Akerman said there was “no question about it”.

“And his daughter could go to jail, too,” said he added of Ivanka, a White House adviser who was also named in a bombshell New York Times report on Mr Trump’s financial filings."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/trump-tax-returns-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024