Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! 16:42 - Sep 30 with 2298 viewsTractorCam

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:46 - Sep 30 with 2131 viewsMullet

Blimey. He doesn't look as trim as he did when he was here does he?

I always wonder what he could have become, don't think I've seen many players with so many outstanding attributes in a Town shirt not have a stellar career.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:49 - Sep 30 with 2118 viewsPhilTWTD

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:46 - Sep 30 by Mullet

I always wonder what he could have become, don't think I've seen many players with so many outstanding attributes in a Town shirt not have a stellar career.

When he played here for QPR's U23s a few years back he was less than trim then, indeed we nicknamed him Jumbo JET.
Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:50 - Sep 30 with 2101 viewsSomethingBlue

Honestly, JET could have been absolutely anything — phenomenal talent.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:51 - Sep 30 with 2080 viewsMullet

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:49 - Sep 30 by PhilTWTD

When he played here for QPR's U23s a few years back he was less than trim then, indeed we nicknamed him Jumbo JET.

Ironic given the stauture of own "Lankester" innit

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:52 - Sep 30 with 2080 viewsMullet

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:50 - Sep 30 by SomethingBlue

Yes I remember us discussing him when he signed and I never appreciated quite how good he was and also how he could have gone either way.

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:52 - Sep 30 with 2077 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Should have been a top player.... he said when he was here that he was maybe too laid back.

Him and Cameron Stewart have had nothing like the careers they should have.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:52 - Sep 30 with 2086 viewsPhilTWTD

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:50 - Sep 30 by SomethingBlue

I remember seeing him for Arsenal's reserves at 16 and he looked head and shoulders better than everyone else.
Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 17:34 - Sep 30 with 1897 viewsfactual_blue

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:52 - Sep 30 by PhilTWTD

I remember seeing him for Arsenal's reserves at 16 and he looked head and shoulders better than everyone else.

'Head and shoulders' aren't words you use very often.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 17:36 - Sep 30 with 1889 viewsSwansea_Blue

After editing posts today where people have been name calling. You should be ashamed of yourself

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don't give up your day job Phil. (n/t) on 17:38 - Sep 30 with 1871 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 17:47 - Sep 30 with 1845 viewshype313

Didn't someone say he could either play for Manchester United or Margate.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 17:48 - Sep 30 with 1838 viewsSwansea_Blue

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 17:47 - Sep 30 by hype313

Love it. That sums him up perfectly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:01 - Sep 30 with 1804 viewsWeWereZombies

Interesting that Livi's manager is one G. Holt

OK,OK I know it's Gary and not Grant. Interesting fact I found out checking that, Livingston F.C. started out as Ferranti Thistle, a works team, in 1943.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:12 - Sep 30 with 1759 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 16:52 - Sep 30 by BlueandTruesince82

Should have been a top player.... he said when he was here that he was maybe too laid back.

Him and Cameron Stewart have had nothing like the careers they should have.

JET had far more talent than Stewart.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:13 - Sep 30 with 1764 viewsSuperblue95

To be fair I don’t think you need to be particularly slim to stand around doing nothing 40 yards from goal then turning and smacking a rocket of a shot against the post when it comes to you.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:33 - Sep 30 with 1702 viewsRadlett_blue

I had a contact at Arsenal who told me after we signed JET that he had huge talent, but hadn't worked hard enough to make the most of it. He wasn't wrong.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:34 - Sep 30 with 1698 viewsPhilTWTD

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 17:47 - Sep 30 by hype313

Wenger said something along those lines, I forget the precise quote. Paul Jewell said he went from world beater to panel beater.
Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:39 - Sep 30 with 1673 viewsEdwardStone

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:01 - Sep 30 by WeWereZombies

OK,OK I know it's Gary and not Grant. Interesting fact I found out checking that, Livingston F.C. started out as Ferranti Thistle, a works team, in 1943.

Ferranti Thistle.....isn't he Patrick's brother?
Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 19:02 - Sep 30 with 1613 viewsmonty_radio

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 18:01 - Sep 30 by WeWereZombies

Though till they moved to the new town of Livingston they had been known to anyone who did the pools as Meadowbank Thistle, and they played in Edinburgh for twenty years.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 21:21]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 19:25 - Sep 30 with 1575 viewsWeWereZombies

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 19:02 - Sep 30 by monty_radio

Though till they moved to the new town of Livingston they had been known to anyone who did the pools as Meadowbank Thistle, and they played in Edinburgh for twenty years.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 21:21]

I remember waking up in a dazed state as a coach from Ipswich to Glasgow rolled through Edinburgh close to dawn about forty years ago and being impressed by the Meadowbank Stadium as we passed it. There must be some sort of moral in Livingston's relocation and renaming resulting in playing in a stadium that has more than twice the capacity of their former home but which only looks half as good.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 21:20 - Sep 30 with 1426 viewsmonty_radio

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 19:25 - Sep 30 by WeWereZombies

I remember waking up in a dazed state as a coach from Ipswich to Glasgow rolled through Edinburgh close to dawn about forty years ago and being impressed by the Meadowbank Stadium as we passed it. There must be some sort of moral in Livingston's relocation and renaming resulting in playing in a stadium that has more than twice the capacity of their former home but which only looks half as good.

Might that be anything to do with the backdrop also? I've never been to Livingston, but the Palace of Versailles would probably lose some of its wonder if it had been built overlooking Crawley.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 22:50 - Sep 30 with 1329 viewsGarv

There was a lot of excitement when he signed, but even then I don't think we knew the talent he had.

Mick taking over was a disaster for him. After a successful second half of the previous season, it was his time to kick on. Pretty sure there was talk of premier league Fulham trying to take him off us. Instead he was expected to tuck in and 'do a job'.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 01:02 - Oct 1 with 1218 viewsReusersTown

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 22:50 - Sep 30 by Garv

There was a lot of excitement when he signed, but even then I don't think we knew the talent he had.

Mick taking over was a disaster for him. After a successful second half of the previous season, it was his time to kick on. Pretty sure there was talk of premier league Fulham trying to take him off us. Instead he was expected to tuck in and 'do a job'.

Trying to blame Mick for JET'S career is one of the more ridiculous things I have seen on here!.
Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 07:03 - Oct 1 with 1155 viewshype313

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 22:50 - Sep 30 by Garv

His career trajectory appears to differ.

I say career trajectory...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Saw a post about 'JET' the other day, here he is! on 08:33 - Oct 1 with 1066 viewsSamWhiteUK

"He’s still only 29 and has a good number of years left playing top level football."

What's he doing at Livingston then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024