Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wuhan Flu 19:35 - Oct 4 with 11896 viewsEsteemed_Canon

So yet another weekend has passed with pubs closing farcically early and more issues being caused by people just drinking loads in a short period of time.

I think enough is enough, we need to stop being defensive over this. Open up stadiums and venues and let us get on with life.

Also I see many people not wearing masks and they seem to be ok so why not make the wearing of PPE optional, give people a choice?
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 19:36]
Wuhan Flu on 22:07 - Oct 4 with 613 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 21:06 - Oct 4 by NewcyBlue

Are you sure that your freedom has been compromised?!

The funny thing is that Paz has the political mindset where his instinct would be to cheer this on, just so long as it was happening to others and not him.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Wuhan Flu on 22:08 - Oct 4 with 613 viewsStokieBlue

Wuhan Flu on 22:06 - Oct 4 by Bluesquid

You or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention....hmm...let me see now, it's a tough one...

I think if you asked them they would say you are misrepresenting their data for your own purposes because that is clearly what you are doing.

I've pointed out how you are wrong in your interpretation, you don't want to acknowledge it so we are back to how you have historically acted which is to ignore things which don't suit your agenda.

I'd say it's great to have you back but frankly it's not.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wuhan Flu on 22:09 - Oct 4 with 610 viewsHerbivore

Wuhan Flu on 21:45 - Oct 4 by 26_Paz

Some people on here don’t deal well with facts ...

That's another irony meter explosion in the Herbivore household.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Wuhan Flu on 22:09 - Oct 4 with 605 viewsStokieBlue

Wuhan Flu on 21:59 - Oct 4 by 26_Paz

Can argue about the specifics of the numbers all you want but the fact remains that a very small number of the people that get corona die from it

That's OK then right?

Without lockdowns the number who would get it would be vastly higher, we know this would be the case in the UK as the R was above 3 before the lockdowns. A small percentage of most of the country ends up being a lot of people.

That doesn't start to address the unknown longer term effects which are just becoming apparent or the fact that if you give the virus more vectors to mutate it could become much worse (it could also become more benign).

I do wonder if your attitude would be the same if you were in a higher risk group.

SB

Wuhan Flu on 22:10 - Oct 4 with 599 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 21:59 - Oct 4 by StochesStotasBlewe

You can add me to the "pushing them to their absolute bounaries" list.

No matter how draconian the lockdown measures have been, are now or in the future, this virus is here to stay. All the talk of a vaccine soon is frankly bobbins, it will be ages away, if ever.
I will wear a mask where applicable, keep my distance from people i don't know and use hand sanitiser with gay abandon, as are the rules, but.........i will not be prevented from visiting my nearest and dearest again and we are a fair size family.
If that makes me an irresponsible arseh0le, then so be it.
I look forward to lots of sanctimonious horsesh1t in response.

Be nice to catch up at the funerals I guess.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Wuhan Flu on 22:12 - Oct 4 with 588 viewsjeera

No matter how draconian the lockdown measures have been, are now or in the future, this virus is here to stay. All the talk of a vaccine soon is frankly bobbins, it will be ages away, if ever.
I will wear a mask where applicable, keep my distance from people i don't know and use hand sanitiser with gay abandon, as are the rules, but.........i will not be prevented from visiting my nearest and dearest again and we are a fair size family.

Visiting nearest and dearest isn't going on pub crawls though is it and then moaning that renewed increased measures may be needed.

I don't see how you can equate the two.

Clearly I am referring to people who have taken the piss and then cried there is a price to pay. If you place yourself in that category then so be it, but I'm not sure wearing a mask and doing all one can is the same thing, let alone pushing the limits.

People cannot pile out of pubs onto the streets hugging and drawling over each other and they complain when the places are forced to close.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Wuhan Flu on 22:14 - Oct 4 with 567 views26_Paz

Well said mate

The Paz Man

Wuhan Flu on 22:15 - Oct 4 with 561 viewsBluesquid

Wuhan Flu on 22:08 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

I think if you asked them they would say you are misrepresenting their data for your own purposes because that is clearly what you are doing.

I've pointed out how you are wrong in your interpretation, you don't want to acknowledge it so we are back to how you have historically acted which is to ignore things which don't suit your agenda.

I'd say it's great to have you back but frankly it's not.

SB

lol, everyone can see the data for themselves, i'm not misrepresenting anything.

It's right there.

You're well and truly floundering about in De Nile.

Everyone following this thread, read for yourself and make your own mind up.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/planning-scenarios.html
Login to get fewer ads

Wuhan Flu on 22:16 - Oct 4 with 560 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:14 - Oct 4 by 26_Paz

Well said mate

So you finally acknowledge that you're an irresponsible arsehole? Took you long enough to catch up with those of us who've had you pegged for months now.

Wuhan Flu on 22:16 - Oct 4 with 558 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:15 - Oct 4 by Bluesquid

lol, everyone can see the data for themselves, i'm not misrepresenting anything.

It's right there.

So glad you're back.

Wuhan Flu on 22:17 - Oct 4 with 559 viewsjaykay

Wuhan Flu on 19:49 - Oct 4 by Esteemed_Canon

Exactly we have loads of spare beds in hospitals so if a few people get the rona then I am sure the NHS would welcome something to do.

First weekend of the 10pm close I started drinking at ten am and stopped around midnight. Bars shut so just walked into a crowded Tesco with six mates and drunk on the streets.

ahh the 10 pints a night man. in life i have found those who brag about how much they can drink are usually a couple pints and the out of it. also the hard men who give big and hard they are, normally the first to disappear when it gets serious.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Wuhan Flu on 22:18 - Oct 4 with 555 viewsjeera

Wuhan Flu on 22:10 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

Be nice to catch up at the funerals I guess.

This is it.

The longer some people refuse to take some responsibility the longer it will be until those who make an effort will be able to spend time with their nearest and dearest.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 22:32]

Wuhan Flu on 22:18 - Oct 4 with 554 viewsStokieBlue

Wuhan Flu on 22:15 - Oct 4 by Bluesquid

It's right there.

I agree it's all there and if they read what I wrote and what you wrote and then look at the data they will see you've misrepresented it.

The fact you won't engage with my points is telling in itself.

SB
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 22:20]

Wuhan Flu on 22:18 - Oct 4 with 542 views26_Paz

Wuhan Flu on 22:16 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

So you finally acknowledge that you're an irresponsible arsehole? Took you long enough to catch up with those of us who've had you pegged for months now.

You are a boring bully.

The Paz Man

Wuhan Flu on 22:24 - Oct 4 with 516 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:18 - Oct 4 by jeera

This is it.

The longer some people refuse to take some responsibility the longer it will be until those who make an effort will be able to spend time with their nearest and dearest.

Talking to my family in ipswich the impression I get is that it all feels prerry remote. They don't know anyone who has died. They don't get how severe it can be.

Meanwhile over here we had two mobile morgues parked on our block for several months because people were dropping like flies. You could look out of our front windows and see body bags being unloaded. Temporary mass graves were being dug in the park. Colleagues and friends lost loved ones. When I eventually go back to my office I know for a fact several people will be missing. All that happened in a city where people largely did the right thing. That's the potential we are talking about here.

That's why, as far as whiney little bitches like Paz are concerned, anyone crying about 'muh freedoms' or sulking because they can't go down the pub and bore everyone within earshot can go fúck themselves. Sorry, not sorry.

Wuhan Flu on 22:26 - Oct 4 with 506 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:18 - Oct 4 by 26_Paz

You are a boring bully.

Hit that report abuse button then treacle. We can see if Phil feels like backing you after some of the awful stuff you've posted on here.

Wuhan Flu on 22:27 - Oct 4 with 498 views26_Paz

Wuhan Flu on 22:26 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

Hit that report abuse button then treacle. We can see if Phil feels like backing you after some of the awful stuff you've posted on here.

What awful stuff have I posted?

The Paz Man

Wuhan Flu on 22:30 - Oct 4 with 488 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:27 - Oct 4 by 26_Paz

The list is long but celebrating and excusing racist and homophobic language is probably your crowning achievement.

Anyway, you know where the report abuse button is if you think I'm wrong. 99% sure you won't hit it though, because you know I'm right, and you also know the majority of the forum thinks so too.

Wuhan Flu on 22:30 - Oct 4 with 489 viewsStokieBlue

Wuhan Flu on 22:27 - Oct 4 by 26_Paz

How about this when talking about how many deaths would be "acceptable":

"You can’t put a price on freedom"

SB

Wuhan Flu on 22:30 - Oct 4 with 485 viewsjeera

Wuhan Flu on 22:24 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

Talking to my family in ipswich the impression I get is that it all feels prerry remote. They don't know anyone who has died. They don't get how severe it can be.

Meanwhile over here we had two mobile morgues parked on our block for several months because people were dropping like flies. You could look out of our front windows and see body bags being unloaded. Temporary mass graves were being dug in the park. Colleagues and friends lost loved ones. When I eventually go back to my office I know for a fact several people will be missing. All that happened in a city where people largely did the right thing. That's the potential we are talking about here.

That's why, as far as whiney little bitches like Paz are concerned, anyone crying about 'muh freedoms' or sulking because they can't go down the pub and bore everyone within earshot can go fúck themselves. Sorry, not sorry.

Exactly, I don't think people realise how bad it is in some areas.

Pockets of Burton have been bad recently nd if the people there don't take steps it'd spread like mad.

I can't see why anyone would want high numbers of infections on their doorstep, nor want to put their loved ones at risk.

Even with 6 or whatever, if they've met 6 others and they've done the same. You've only got to lose one close family member and if you're the one to blame through selfishness, then you're a c***.

Wuhan Flu on 22:31 - Oct 4 with 479 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:24 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

If any of the downvoters actually care to respond that would be lovely. I'll pass their comments onto the families of my dead colleagues.

Wuhan Flu on 22:33 - Oct 4 with 468 viewsvapour_trail

Wuhan Flu on 22:31 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

If any of the downvoters actually care to respond that would be lovely. I'll pass their comments onto the families of my dead colleagues.

Your first two paragraphs were interesting and informative.

Your third was unnecessary and counter productive.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Wuhan Flu on 22:33 - Oct 4 with 461 views26_Paz

Wuhan Flu on 22:30 - Oct 4 by SpruceMoose

The list is long but celebrating and excusing racist and homophobic language is probably your crowning achievement.

Anyway, you know where the report abuse button is if you think I'm wrong. 99% sure you won't hit it though, because you know I'm right, and you also know the majority of the forum thinks so too.

I never report any of the abuse I get on here. I’d rather leave it up here so everyone can see how vile the poster in question is

The Paz Man

Wuhan Flu on 22:34 - Oct 4 with 457 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:33 - Oct 4 by vapour_trail

Your first two paragraphs were interesting and informative.

Your third was unnecessary and counter productive.

I think the third paragraph was extremely necessary. Especially having lived through the first two.

Wuhan Flu on 22:34 - Oct 4 with 449 viewsSpruceMoose

Wuhan Flu on 22:33 - Oct 4 by 26_Paz

I never report any of the abuse I get on here. I’d rather leave it up here so everyone can see how vile the poster in question is

Sure. THAT'S the real reason

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024