Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan 11:02 - Oct 12 with 2483 viewsOsborneOneNil

Rick Parry just been on to try and justify the new Liverpool/Man Utd plan to develop the prem and bail out the EFL.

Simon Jordan just ripped him a new one. Next guest is Darragh MacAnthony.
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:04 - Oct 12 with 1980 viewsBlueBadger

Simon Jordan. He's a an awful pr1ck but he's an awful pr1ck with his heart mostly in the right place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:12 - Oct 12 with 1929 viewsOsborneOneNil

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:04 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

Simon Jordan. He's a an awful pr1ck but he's an awful pr1ck with his heart mostly in the right place.

Yeah, that's about right. I do enjoy the way he structures an argument though.
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:21 - Oct 12 with 1891 viewshomer_123

What's the general gist of the proposal?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:24 - Oct 12 with 1879 viewsN2_Blue

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:21 - Oct 12 by homer_123

As you love a BBC link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54502459

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 11:24 - Oct 12 with 1875 viewsBloots

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:21 - Oct 12 by homer_123

....in return the big clubs get to run everything and make every decision themselves.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 11:37 - Oct 12 with 1825 viewsOsborneOneNil

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 11:24 - Oct 12 by Bloots

....in return the big clubs get to run everything and make every decision themselves.

Yeah, the Big 6 plus the 3 longest serving Prem teams (Everton, Saints, West Ham). Prem reduced from 20 to 18 clubs.

5 Prem clubs (probably Burnley, Leeds, WBA etc) have no vote or say, just the big lads.

As the argument goes, will all Prem clubs will vote to agree that 2 extra clubs will be binned from the league. Nope.

EFL get a fair bit more of the Prem cash.......
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 12:38]
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:39 - Oct 12 with 1826 viewsHARRY10

Remove the parachute payments ?

Absolute lunacy.

A club relegated with a wage bill of £100m faces automatic bankruptcy - unless all contracts have a clause where the wages are reduced by about 75% on relegation.

As worthy as it may seem, it is not going to happen and will lead to clubs simply being stripped of players upon relegation, and a reluctance from most outside the top six to develop players.
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:40 - Oct 12 with 1810 viewsChrisd

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:12 - Oct 12 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, that's about right. I do enjoy the way he structures an argument though.

I find Simon Jordan speaks with a lot of common sense.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 11:46]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 11:59 - Oct 12 with 1733 viewsbournemouthblue

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 11:37 - Oct 12 by OsborneOneNil

Yeah, the Big 6 plus the 3 longest serving Prem teams (Everton, Saints, West Ham). Prem reduced from 20 to 18 clubs.

5 Prem clubs (probably Burnley, Leeds, WBA etc) have no vote or say, just the big lads.

As the argument goes, will all Prem clubs will vote to agree that 2 extra clubs will be binned from the league. Nope.

EFL get a fair bit more of the Prem cash.......
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 12:38]

Why exactly do they want 2 clubs removed, what's the logic there or is that purely to remove voting rights from 2 extra clubs?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 12:01 - Oct 12 with 1720 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 11:59 - Oct 12 by bournemouthblue

Why exactly do they want 2 clubs removed, what's the logic there or is that purely to remove voting rights from 2 extra clubs?

The proposals already remove voting rights from other clubs by restricting it to 9 (but in effect 6 as 2/3’s needed to pass anything)

The reduction in PL size appears to be based more around fixture congestion and freeing up an expanded European schedule, given recent UEFA proposals

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Yep, they want a Euro/Worldwide.... on 12:04 - Oct 12 with 1710 viewsBloots

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 12:01 - Oct 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The proposals already remove voting rights from other clubs by restricting it to 9 (but in effect 6 as 2/3’s needed to pass anything)

The reduction in PL size appears to be based more around fixture congestion and freeing up an expanded European schedule, given recent UEFA proposals

....league.

Given the proposed change to voting rights, nothing will be able to stop them.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 12:14 - Oct 12 with 1653 viewsKeno

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:40 - Oct 12 by Chrisd

I find Simon Jordan speaks with a lot of common sense.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 11:46]

wasn't he .... *ahem* ...... Suzanna Reid at one point?
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 12:14]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 12:22 - Oct 12 with 1627 viewsRozz

They give loads of cash to the EFL..... on 11:59 - Oct 12 by bournemouthblue

It reduces the league calendar, and with the binning of the League Cup would *potentially* open the door for a new European super league competition played throughout and in addition to the regular prem season.

General consensus is that they are using the dire situation at the lower ends of the EFL to try and shoehorn this in under the guise of supporting the football pyramid. Parry has been involved with this idea for 3 years, long pre-COVID.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 12:23]
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 12:24 - Oct 12 with 1620 viewsPendejo

"special voting rights"

Currently all clubs are equal but clearly now some clubs are more equal than others....
Massive Citeh included but Villa & Newcastle aren't even though they've spent more time in PL than Citeh.

As long as the integrity of the pyramid is protected i.e. promotion and relegation from park to Premier League then my only issue with the deal is this "Special Status".

Is there something the richest in society know that we don't?
Do they know the precise date of the next ELE? Are they lining their pockets now as they know it all ends in their lifetime, and all they can't take it with them, may as well get as much of the pie as you can?

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 12:27 - Oct 12 with 1606 viewsPendejo

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:39 - Oct 12 by HARRY10

Remove the parachute payments ?

Absolute lunacy.

A club relegated with a wage bill of £100m faces automatic bankruptcy - unless all contracts have a clause where the wages are reduced by about 75% on relegation.

As worthy as it may seem, it is not going to happen and will lead to clubs simply being stripped of players upon relegation, and a reluctance from most outside the top six to develop players.

There are only so many players the market can absorb*

*Answer lies in developing markets... China etc.

If the outcome is known it can be planned for, where there's a will there's a way...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 12:40 - Oct 12 with 1565 viewsOsborneOneNil

Check this out, Martin Samuel

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8829033/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Liverpo
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 13:05 - Oct 12 with 1472 viewsIllinoisblue

Liverpool and Utd, with all their titles, trophies and money, still grabbing for more reminds me of this classic Bill Hicks joke

I've learned a lot about women. I think I've learned exactly how the fall of man occured in the Garden of Eden. Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, and Adam said one day, "Wow, Eve, here we are, at one with nature, at one with God, we'll never age, we'll never die, and all our dreams come true the instant that we have them." And Eve said, "Yeah... it's just not enough is it?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 14:06 - Oct 12 with 1328 viewsJ2BLUE

Man U and Liverpool can f#ck right off. They want the Prem reduced so they can concentrate more time and resources on Europe. Screw the rest for their own self interest.

Here's an idea, if you need a bigger squad to deal with more games, stop loaning out tens of players.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 14:08 - Oct 12 with 1315 viewsMetal_Hacker

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 14:06 - Oct 12 by J2BLUE

Man U and Liverpool can f#ck right off. They want the Prem reduced so they can concentrate more time and resources on Europe. Screw the rest for their own self interest.

Here's an idea, if you need a bigger squad to deal with more games, stop loaning out tens of players.

Absolutely ..... I despise the PL and what it stands for

Rich get richer and f**k the rest

Hate them with a passion

Poll: If it were one or the other

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 14:11 - Oct 12 with 1308 viewsBasuco

The Government need to take over the running English football ASAP. Can't believe I have just said that but project greed has made it essential for the survival of the game.
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 14:15 - Oct 12 with 1288 viewsStokieBlue

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:24 - Oct 12 by N2_Blue

As you love a BBC link:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54502459

The only surprising thing in there is that they are willing to give 25% of TV income to the lower divisions going forward.

Everything else pretty much as you'd expect from selfish powerful teams at the top of the game.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 14:21 - Oct 12 with 1273 viewsBasuco

Also Proposals to transfer decision making in ENGLISH PL to 9 clubs will mean it is run by
Liverpool (US owned)
Manchester United (US)
Arsenal (US)
Spurs (Bahamas)
Chelsea (Russian)
Manchester City (Abu Dhabi)
Everton (Monaco
Southampton (China)
West Ham (Dildos) (very apt)
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 15:25 - Oct 12 with 1178 views66notout

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 11:04 - Oct 12 by BlueBadger

I used to share your view but the more I hear of him - and I actually met him last year and enjoyed his company - the more I find myself agreeing with his point of view, which has in turn led to me respecting and liking him as a person, something I could never have envisaged a few years ago.
Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 15:52 - Oct 12 with 1135 viewsBlueandTruesince82

They have have sprinkled enough shiny beads in the proposal to maybe con a few indians but is an absolute power grab the long term consequences of which will be devestating to football in this county.

Frankly I think we should all be prepping for the exciting new sport of Baseketball anyway....

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 16:00 - Oct 12 with 1106 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Talk Sport 'fairly interesting' today - New Prem plan on 15:52 - Oct 12 by BlueandTruesince82

They have have sprinkled enough shiny beads in the proposal to maybe con a few indians but is an absolute power grab the long term consequences of which will be devestating to football in this county.

Frankly I think we should all be prepping for the exciting new sport of Baseketball anyway....

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024