Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A proper leader 17:23 - Oct 13 with 8555 viewsSitfcB

Get him in next time

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

A proper leader on 17:25 - Oct 13 with 3282 viewsSpruceMoose

Yeah but his bigotry-based bantz is pretty crap.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

A proper leader on 17:46 - Oct 13 with 3203 viewsaardvaark

agreed. a proper statesman

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

A proper leader on 17:52 - Oct 13 with 3175 viewspointofblue

Do need a bit of flesh on the plans though - I haven’t watched the clip (read what he’s said on the BBC site) and I assume he’d reinstate furlough for that time period with the belief that the breaker will save money in the long run.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

A proper leader on 17:58 - Oct 13 with 3137 viewslongtimefan

A proper leader on 17:52 - Oct 13 by pointofblue

Do need a bit of flesh on the plans though - I haven’t watched the clip (read what he’s said on the BBC site) and I assume he’d reinstate furlough for that time period with the belief that the breaker will save money in the long run.

I agree with him in regard to the need for a circuit break, but it goes against the calls from the northern city mayors (all Labour) who are pretty united in wanting to avoid a further strict lockdown.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 18:06]
A proper leader on 17:59 - Oct 13 with 3125 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 17:58 - Oct 13 by longtimefan

I agree with him in regard to the need for a circuit break, but it goes against the calls from the northern city mayors (all Labour) who are pretty united in wanting to avoid a further strict lockdown.

I suspect the city mayors and the leader of the Labour party may have goals that aren't all that aligned though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

A proper leader on 18:08 - Oct 13 with 3092 viewsfactual_blue

..And yet you have brexit-loving Mr warnock as an avatar....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

A proper leader on 18:10 - Oct 13 with 3076 viewsHARRY10

A proper leader on 17:58 - Oct 13 by longtimefan

as Johnsons idea doesn't cover their losses

Starmers does
A proper leader on 18:44 - Oct 13 with 2976 viewsSitfcB

A proper leader on 18:08 - Oct 13 by factual_blue

..And yet you have brexit-loving Mr warnock as an avatar....

The best manager we’ve never had.

Get Brexit done.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Login to get fewer ads

A proper leader on 20:33 - Oct 13 with 2843 viewsSwansea_Blue

Following the science? That'll never catch on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A proper leader on 20:41 - Oct 13 with 2816 viewsSwansea_Blue

A proper leader on 18:10 - Oct 13 by HARRY10

as Johnsons idea doesn't cover their losses

Starmers does

He'll bankrupt the country, etc....

(meaning £12bn won't go to a company who's CEO is the brother of a long standing Tory MP, to completely feck up the service delivery - Serco/Soames for anyone who doesn't know what I'm talkng about).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A proper leader on 21:12 - Oct 13 with 2740 viewsThe_Last_Baron

No thanks.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

A proper leader on 21:14 - Oct 13 with 2725 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 21:12 - Oct 13 by The_Last_Baron

No thanks.

Not enough lies, racism and bigotry for you?

A proper leader on 21:21 - Oct 13 with 2707 viewsPinewoodblue

But if nothing has changed at the end of three weeks where do we go from there?

All that amounts to is a pause. It isn't statesmanlike...it isn't even a proper plan.

Would be back where we are by Christmas.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

A proper leader on 21:24 - Oct 13 with 2687 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 21:21 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

All that amounts to is a pause. It isn't statesmanlike...it isn't even a proper plan.

Short of an effective vaccine this isn't going away any time soon. The only available plan is to manage it so as few people die between now and when/if a vaccine is available, in a manner that doesn't entirely destroy the economy.

Johnson isn't even managing to do that effectively. He's doing the opposite in fact, like a poundshop Trump.

Without a vaccine, and with the Conservatives in charge... well, we are in trouble for the foreseeable future.

Quite honestly, I don't think anyone knows what to do. Any plan that is put in place is immediately undermined by so many people who won't act responsibly, and is then rendered even more useless by government won't follow the rules themselves.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 21:28]

A proper leader on 21:27 - Oct 13 with 2677 viewsPinewoodblue

A proper leader on 21:24 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

Short of an effective vaccine this isn't going away any time soon. The only available plan is to manage it so as few people die between now and when/if a vaccine is available, in a manner that doesn't entirely destroy the economy.

Johnson isn't even managing to do that effectively. He's doing the opposite in fact, like a poundshop Trump.

Without a vaccine, and with the Conservatives in charge... well, we are in trouble for the foreseeable future.

Quite honestly, I don't think anyone knows what to do. Any plan that is put in place is immediately undermined by so many people who won't act responsibly, and is then rendered even more useless by government won't follow the rules themselves.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 21:28]

We are in trouble regardless of who is in charge.

2023 year of destiny

A proper leader on 21:29 - Oct 13 with 2665 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 21:27 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

We are in trouble regardless of who is in charge.

I think you're probably right, for a variety of reasons. But that doesn't mean that we couldn't be doing better than we are now (I know I'm not living in the UK currently, but I think my point stands for both the UK and the US).

A proper leader on 21:33 - Oct 13 with 2651 viewsPinewoodblue

A proper leader on 21:29 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

I think you're probably right, for a variety of reasons. But that doesn't mean that we couldn't be doing better than we are now (I know I'm not living in the UK currently, but I think my point stands for both the UK and the US).

At least in UK w seem to be trying to do the right thing, even if we get it wrong.

2023 year of destiny

A proper leader on 21:34 - Oct 13 with 2647 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 21:33 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

At least in UK w seem to be trying to do the right thing, even if we get it wrong.

Ha I can't quite imagine a response worse than the one provided by the US government. A Covid riddled blanket delivered to every home perhaps?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 21:35]

A proper leader on 21:40 - Oct 13 with 2622 viewsHerbivore

A proper leader on 21:33 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

That's very generous.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A proper leader on 22:38 - Oct 13 with 2512 viewsBlueBadger

A proper leader on 21:12 - Oct 13 by The_Last_Baron

No thanks.

So, what is it about the incompetent, racist, homophobic and frankly corrupt Boris Johnson you find appealing?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A proper leader on 22:40 - Oct 13 with 2505 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 22:38 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

So, what is it about the incompetent, racist, homophobic and frankly corrupt Boris Johnson you find appealing?

Probably could imagine enjoying a pint with him.

A proper leader on 22:40 - Oct 13 with 2507 viewsBlueBadger

A proper leader on 21:21 - Oct 13 by Pinewoodblue

Well, for starters, it likely slows or even stops growth and spread and likely avoid the need for a longer, far more damaging lockdown and reduces the risk of overwhelming hospitals at the busiest time of the year for the health service.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 22:47]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A proper leader on 22:43 - Oct 13 with 2492 viewsbazza

A proper leader on 21:14 - Oct 13 by SpruceMoose

Not enough lies, racism and bigotry for you?

Labour has enough of that to go round..
A proper leader on 22:45 - Oct 13 with 2486 viewsSpruceMoose

A proper leader on 22:43 - Oct 13 by bazza

Labour has enough of that to go round..

"B-b-b-b-both sides both sides!!"

A proper leader on 23:03 - Oct 13 with 2450 viewsbazza

A proper leader on 22:40 - Oct 13 by BlueBadger

Well, for starters, it likely slows or even stops growth and spread and likely avoid the need for a longer, far more damaging lockdown and reduces the risk of overwhelming hospitals at the busiest time of the year for the health service.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 22:47]

Anyone classed as vulnerable or with underlying health issues should shield themselves and receive full support, everyone else carry on as we have been, follow social distancing ban mass gatherings etc, and make use of the nightingale hospitals.. so many company’s small and big have put a lot of effort in to making the work place COVID safe at great cost, I cant see how locking down is the answer. The long term affect of perfectly healthy people’s mental Health will probably out weigh this in the long run. Let alone the economic damage and damage to the next generation in lost education and repaying the massive debts accumulating in the years to come..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024