Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? 19:44 - Oct 24 with 3678 viewsSwailsey

Genuinely?

Can’t something be done, if it clearly won’t be actioned by ME?

Today and PL’s actions at the end the game and his comments afterwards made me remember why I dislike the man, his manner and what he has done to our club so, so much.

A few wins wouldn’t win me round. Even playoffs wouldn’t, or going up through them.

He has to reach such exceptionally high standards for me because he’s continuously set the bar so low. Where’s all of his PR nonsense now?

A game where Lincoln missed a sitter, hit the bar, we had one cleared off the line, gave away a stupid penalty, had a midfielder sent off for a childish pathetic tackle, then the manager sent off, then the manager justifying the childish pathetic tackle, then the manager having the hypocrisy of calling the referee arrogant and then...

All equals a good day aside from the result?

I have zero respect and confidence in you PL. I dislike you more than any other manager we have had and I mean that. Get out of my club.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 20:17]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:02 - Oct 24 with 2919 viewsFixed_It

They sell them at any reputable sports shop.

Grips, that is. You should get one!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:03 - Oct 24 with 2918 viewseddiespearitt03

There are a lot, and i mean a lot, of Ipswich supporters who know whats wrong with this club. To prolong your stay at this club all you have to do is keep banging the PR drum and constantly croak what a true Ipswich champion is. Evans has done nothing but allow this rot to set in over many years.
It was obvious the squad needed a revamp and it has not happened.

We are a League One club and we are losing to League one teams.

Its only two defeats so still plenty of games left.
Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:16 - Oct 24 with 2853 viewsSwailsey

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:02 - Oct 24 by Fixed_It

Fair enough. Sorry that you don’t share the same point of view and that you’re happy with this.

Each to their own!
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 20:19]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:28 - Oct 24 with 2790 viewsm14_blue

It's pretty incredible how far and how fast we've fallen.

We're at the stage now where pretty much no one, myself included, expects us to win these 'tough' away games at places like Doncaster and Lincoln.

That's Doncaster Rovers and Lincoln City ffs.

We're Ipswich Town, how has it come to this??
Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:29 - Oct 24 with 2780 viewsFunge

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:02 - Oct 24 by Fixed_It

Behave, man.

PL takes us lower, and lower, and lower - and still there are those who proclaim that it's all OK, we should get a grip, etc etc....

How bad does it have to get, before it's actually, genuinely, undeniably, Bad?

It's a serious question.
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:32 - Oct 24 with 2760 viewsTheBoyBlue

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:28 - Oct 24 by m14_blue

It's pretty incredible how far and how fast we've fallen.

We're at the stage now where pretty much no one, myself included, expects us to win these 'tough' away games at places like Doncaster and Lincoln.

That's Doncaster Rovers and Lincoln City ffs.

We're Ipswich Town, how has it come to this??

I was thinking exactly the same earlier. Before we even kicked off I was thinking that I'd be over the moon with a point today and then had to remind myself that it was Lincoln City. Lincoln who were non league three years ago.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:40 - Oct 24 with 2708 viewsFixed_It

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:29 - Oct 24 by Funge

Behave, man.

PL takes us lower, and lower, and lower - and still there are those who proclaim that it's all OK, we should get a grip, etc etc....

How bad does it have to get, before it's actually, genuinely, undeniably, Bad?

It's a serious question.

We have lost two games this season. Two away games. Two away games against teams expected to be challenging at the end of the season. And today we weren't bad. Just toothless. And a look at our injury list goes a long eay to explain why.
It's too early to panic (although I get why people do after last season). There are clear improvements overall in our play so far. We just need to hold our nerve. Maybe it's just as well fans aren't able to attend matches to pile on the pressure at the first sign of a wobble.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:44 - Oct 24 with 2675 viewspointofblue

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:32 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

I was thinking exactly the same earlier. Before we even kicked off I was thinking that I'd be over the moon with a point today and then had to remind myself that it was Lincoln City. Lincoln who were non league three years ago.

Be fair, we were losing to Lincoln when we were a midtable Championship side. Live on BBC One.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:45 - Oct 24 with 2670 viewsSwailsey

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:40 - Oct 24 by Fixed_It

We have lost two games this season. Two away games. Two away games against teams expected to be challenging at the end of the season. And today we weren't bad. Just toothless. And a look at our injury list goes a long eay to explain why.
It's too early to panic (although I get why people do after last season). There are clear improvements overall in our play so far. We just need to hold our nerve. Maybe it's just as well fans aren't able to attend matches to pile on the pressure at the first sign of a wobble.

But we’ve been terrible for two and a half years now?

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:46 - Oct 24 with 2665 viewsTheBoyBlue

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:44 - Oct 24 by pointofblue

Be fair, we were losing to Lincoln when we were a midtable Championship side. Live on BBC One.

Yeah, but that was shock of sorts. I was struck by just how much I had accepted that we were almost certainly going to lose today.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:46 - Oct 24 with 2665 viewsPilgrimblue

Well said Chris. PL was good after MM to get fans back on side BUT his record since has been shocking, probably the worst in my memory.
PL must go now and leave our future in Burley/Butcher hands or maybe promote U23 coach, they couldn't do any worse!
There was a reason why PL failed at Villa and Stoke, sadly ME didn't find out.
Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:53 - Oct 24 with 2638 viewsFixed_It

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:45 - Oct 24 by Swailsey

The last two seasons have been poor overall. But there have been signs of recovery this season. Green shoots or false dawn? Who knows? All I am saying is we need to hold our nerve and see if these last two results are just a blip or if they are signs that our improvement isn't sustainable. In the context of THIS season it is too early to panic.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 21:33 - Oct 24 with 2532 viewsnoggin

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:45 - Oct 24 by Swailsey

More like 10 1/2

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 21:41 - Oct 24 with 2501 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:44 - Oct 24 by pointofblue

Well at least we won’t have to worry about being live on BBC1 for sometime

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 21:56 - Oct 24 with 2462 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 21:33 - Oct 24 by noggin

More like 10 1/2

We've been accepting this mediocrity for bloody years.
Generally a little boo, a tut, mutter, shrug of the shoulders and shuffle off home.

Lambert out.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 00:01 - Oct 25 with 2280 viewsmattyhollandsirish

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:40 - Oct 24 by Fixed_It

Come on mate, Lincoln and Doncaster expecting to be challenging? Doncaster arguably as play off side at best, but Lincoln have rebuilt their entire side this year so very little is expected from them and based on today's show, where they'd settled for a point after an hour, they don't look anything to concern ourselves with. Our rivals should be Sunderland, Hull, Posh, Pompey etc who let's be honest, will surely walk all over us at present.

I really was hoping and perhaps deluded myself as well that a few neat passes out from the back has made us a different side, but I think reality has dawned that it hasn't.
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 01:12 - Oct 25 with 2165 viewseddiespearitt03

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 01:55 - Oct 25 by StNeotsBlue

I've only just got in from work and seen the brief highlights on Quest, but I don't think that was a penalty at all.

In the box and no immediate danger so why allow yourself to be set up for a penalty offence. Not good enough.
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 01:15 - Oct 25 with 2162 viewspointofblue

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 21:41 - Oct 24 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well at least we won’t have to worry about being live on BBC1 for sometime

Unless we’re drawn away to a non-league side in the FA Cup. Though not sure if the first round matches will be on BBC One or BBC Two.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 01:55 - Oct 25 with 2187 viewsStNeotsBlue

I've only just got in from work and seen the brief highlights on Quest, but I don't think that was a penalty at all.
How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 07:16 - Oct 25 with 2011 viewsAce_High1

4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS!!
Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 07:36 - Oct 25 with 1951 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

In isolation that performance at Lincoln wasn’t horrendous. Listen, it was pretty powder puff, uninspiring and very passive, but I have seen worse.

We are an average side nevertheless, we looked like a little side looking to get a goalless draw from Lincoln from the outset.

Depressing, but the reality of where we are at as a club now.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 08:09 - Oct 25 with 1887 viewsCornishMariner

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 07:36 - Oct 25 by TheTrueBlue1878

In isolation that performance at Lincoln wasn’t horrendous. Listen, it was pretty powder puff, uninspiring and very passive, but I have seen worse.

We are an average side nevertheless, we looked like a little side looking to get a goalless draw from Lincoln from the outset.

Depressing, but the reality of where we are at as a club now.

In 1988 Burnley were playing Wolves in what is now League 2. Both clubs, like Ipswich, had past glories. We could well fall further but will probably get back up at some point. Whether I am still alive then is another thing!

Poll: Between now and the new season will you mostly be ....

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 08:12 - Oct 25 with 1877 viewsITFC_Forever

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 07:16 - Oct 25 by Ace_High1

4 MORE YEARS, 4 MORE YEARS!!

4 and a half.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 08:28 - Oct 25 with 1831 viewsMonkeyAlan

Should have gone last season when Warnock was being touted about. Evans missed the boat as usual.
Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 08:44 - Oct 25 with 1802 viewsNewcyBlue

Enough?! How much longer do we have to accept this mediocrity? on 20:53 - Oct 24 by Fixed_It

The last two seasons have been poor overall. But there have been signs of recovery this season. Green shoots or false dawn? Who knows? All I am saying is we need to hold our nerve and see if these last two results are just a blip or if they are signs that our improvement isn't sustainable. In the context of THIS season it is too early to panic.

False dawn.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024