Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? 09:37 - Nov 19 with 9687 viewsKeno

and if not who is?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:46 - Nov 19 with 2949 viewsSwailsey

I'll tell you who it isn't...

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:46 - Nov 19 with 2943 viewshomer_123

It's clearly Jordan Rhodes.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:50 - Nov 19 with 2925 viewsMullet

Keith Andrews
Jordan Rhodes
Steve Whitton

I’d say

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:56 - Nov 19 with 2907 viewsitfcjoe

Kane Vincent-Young

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:56 - Nov 19 with 2900 viewshype313

Yes

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:58 - Nov 19 with 2887 viewsCoco

Pablo was hugely talented - even Roy Keane said so.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:58 - Nov 19 with 2872 viewsBluefish

I do often wonder if I am in love with Pablo

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:00 - Nov 19 with 2887 viewsxrayspecs

Not Pablo, by a long distance.

Sam Parkin was one of the most anticipated signings at the time - and then we saw him play. So hype prior to playing for us.

If your question is about rose tinted glasses, then Dean Bowditch was never quite as good as many thought or hoped he would be for Town

More generally, any Town youngster close to the first team squad should be starting every week in the eyes of many fans. But for every Woolfie, Downes, Titus, Dyer and Butcher, there have been far more who were not good enough to make it at Town and in many cases professionally.
Login to get fewer ads

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:06 - Nov 19 with 2868 viewsTheSelkirk

Andre Dozzell
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:06 - Nov 19 with 2865 viewsCokeIsKey

Luke Garbutt - literally no attributes other than a decent set piece taker.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:06 - Nov 19 with 2863 viewshype313

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:58 - Nov 19 by Bluefish

I do often wonder if I am in love with Pablo

He's a poundland Gwion.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:08 - Nov 19 with 2859 viewsMullet

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:56 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Kane Vincent-Young

Of the current lot maybe, but how many fans genuinely believe he's the best right-back of the decade or whatever stupid claims have been said? Especially given Chambers' POTY performances thus far?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:09 - Nov 19 with 2851 viewshype313

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:08 - Nov 19 by Mullet

Of the current lot maybe, but how many fans genuinely believe he's the best right-back of the decade or whatever stupid claims have been said? Especially given Chambers' POTY performances thus far?

He's not overrated, as when he does play he's clearly levels above this league, but when he does, it's few and fewer between.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:10 - Nov 19 with 2849 viewsitfcjoe

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:08 - Nov 19 by Mullet

Even Mick Mills put him in his team of the decade of the back of 9 games, which he went off injured in 2!

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:11 - Nov 19 with 2845 viewshype313

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:10 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Even Mick Mills put him in his team of the decade of the back of 9 games, which he went off injured in 2!

To be fair, considering we haven't had a proper right back since David Wright, it's hard not to get in that team.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:13 - Nov 19 with 2840 viewsMullet

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:10 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Ever the populist is Mills! I do think you've nailed it for the current squad though definitely.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:14 - Nov 19 with 2833 viewsfooters

This is the worst attempt at fostering board harmony I've ever seen.

Shame on you.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:15 - Nov 19 with 2831 viewsitfcjoe

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:09 - Nov 19 by hype313

He's not overrated, as when he does play he's clearly levels above this league, but when he does, it's few and fewer between.

I think he is, there is a poll on EADT this morning saying which injured player will make biggest impact on return and he is 25% ahead of Downes

Downes who was clearly our best player, who will give us something we desperately need in there, when we have Chambers playing RB very well currently

I really like KVY, but he is definitely an example of someone getting better when they are injured - the expectations of him are now so high that realistically he's not going to be able to live up to them unless he ends up earning a PL move of the back of this season

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:16 - Nov 19 with 2825 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:56 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Kane Vincent-Young

I don't think he is overrated. Injury has struck him badly but his ability has been clear to see when he has played.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:17 - Nov 19 with 2819 viewsKeno

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:14 - Nov 19 by footers

This is the worst attempt at fostering board harmony I've ever seen.

Shame on you.

Lots of folks are posting and its non political

its a start

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:20 - Nov 19 with 2808 viewshype313

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:15 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

I think he is, there is a poll on EADT this morning saying which injured player will make biggest impact on return and he is 25% ahead of Downes

Downes who was clearly our best player, who will give us something we desperately need in there, when we have Chambers playing RB very well currently

I really like KVY, but he is definitely an example of someone getting better when they are injured - the expectations of him are now so high that realistically he's not going to be able to live up to them unless he ends up earning a PL move of the back of this season

Clearly that poll is nonsense, as you say Downes is pivotal to our success, Chambers has done a decent job whilst KVY is out, but no one has the guile and tenacity of Downes to come in and do a similar job.

Having LVY back would be a real tonic, and help hugely, especially given the schedule, but we are nowhere near as dependent on him as we are with Downes.

But, on the whole a fit KVY adds another dimension to our play that Chambers doesn't, regardless of how well he has played.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:20 - Nov 19 with 2809 viewsDarth_Koont

Kane Vincent-Young

Decent case there. He’s massively exciting and started on fire but it’s just 9 games and I remember we were on a good run too.

We should be very optimistic but he needs quite a few more games to show that he’s good under pressure and particularly in defense when we might be under the cosh or he’s isolated. And ultimately we want him to be up to the Championship too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:21 - Nov 19 with 2800 viewshype313

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:20 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

Decent case there. He’s massively exciting and started on fire but it’s just 9 games and I remember we were on a good run too.

We should be very optimistic but he needs quite a few more games to show that he’s good under pressure and particularly in defense when we might be under the cosh or he’s isolated. And ultimately we want him to be up to the Championship too.

He's clearly not overrated, as when he has played he's been levels above.

He just can't get fit.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:22 - Nov 19 with 2799 viewsitfcjoe

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:20 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

Yep, was a little bit of a wind up in some respects - but do feel so much pressure being heaped on him, when realistically he is going to return and take a while to get going.

He hit the ground running last year, and was excellent, but ultimately had spent a long time in L2 without really much interest from up the leagues so think we may be in for a bit of a disappointment

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:31 - Nov 19 with 2766 viewsDarth_Koont

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:22 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Yep, was a little bit of a wind up in some respects - but do feel so much pressure being heaped on him, when realistically he is going to return and take a while to get going.

He hit the ground running last year, and was excellent, but ultimately had spent a long time in L2 without really much interest from up the leagues so think we may be in for a bit of a disappointment

I think it’s only at the upper levels of the Championship and in the Prem that players need to be pretty bulletproof all-rounders.

So if KVY is an attacking fullback and a bit of a wildcard/unpredictable then that’s probably OK at our level and immediate future. Pretty confident he’d win us more games than he loses and be a real asset in games where we struggle to really click in the attacking third (which is unfortunately more often than not still).

He’s our budget Dani Alves.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024