Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? 09:37 - Nov 19 with 9724 viewsKeno

and if not who is?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 01:54 - Nov 21 with 309 viewsEnigma_Blue

Surely it has to be Paul Taylor.
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 07:04 - Nov 21 with 271 viewsgordon

Don't really get some of the responses - to me, if you are going to do a 'most over-rated player in ITFC history', you can't choose someone who had a 3 month loan spell, or played 15 games never to be seen again.

The point should be to identify someone who had a reasonably long career at town but was just riding on the coat-tails of others.

The best I can think of are players like Jamie Clapham and Ian Westlake, Steve Palmer, Luke Hyam, James Scowcroft, Danny Haynes. I liked them all and wished them well, but looking back, reports that 'Arsenal are in the driving seat to sign Ipswich hot-shot Haynes,' seem a bit ridiculous.

Martijn Reuser is also held in very high regard at ITFC for obvious reasons, but in terms of actual minutes on the pitch delivering end-product for ITFC, he's not earned that at all; but still, a fantastic highlights reel player and I loved him when he was at Town.

In recent times it absolutely has to be Alan Judge - the amount of posts over the last two seasons saying 'he should be bossing it in this league' when he's quite obviously just sh*t now have been pretty impressive.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 7:13]
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:17 - Nov 21 with 227 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sito...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:39 - Nov 21 with 225 viewsgordon

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:17 - Nov 21 by Ewan_Oozami

Sito...

Yeah that's a fair point, had forgotten about him.
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:38 - Nov 21 with 200 viewssolemio

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 07:04 - Nov 21 by gordon

Don't really get some of the responses - to me, if you are going to do a 'most over-rated player in ITFC history', you can't choose someone who had a 3 month loan spell, or played 15 games never to be seen again.

The point should be to identify someone who had a reasonably long career at town but was just riding on the coat-tails of others.

The best I can think of are players like Jamie Clapham and Ian Westlake, Steve Palmer, Luke Hyam, James Scowcroft, Danny Haynes. I liked them all and wished them well, but looking back, reports that 'Arsenal are in the driving seat to sign Ipswich hot-shot Haynes,' seem a bit ridiculous.

Martijn Reuser is also held in very high regard at ITFC for obvious reasons, but in terms of actual minutes on the pitch delivering end-product for ITFC, he's not earned that at all; but still, a fantastic highlights reel player and I loved him when he was at Town.

In recent times it absolutely has to be Alan Judge - the amount of posts over the last two seasons saying 'he should be bossing it in this league' when he's quite obviously just sh*t now have been pretty impressive.

Clapham? Really silly including him in such a list. Tough on Palmer and Scowie as well.
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 13:39 - Nov 21 with 183 viewsSuperCoops

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 07:04 - Nov 21 by gordon

Clapham? Reuser? Scowie?

Have you been on the sauce? I think Clapham was very, very good. Dependable, reliable and consistent. Reuser admittedly was sometimes hit and miss, some days showed us excellent skills. Scowie too?

Sorry, none of these should be anywhere near an ITFC overrated list. 110% disagree with you.

Also, the comments about "Haynes being chased by Arsenal" etc are nothing to do with the club or fans. That's the media for you.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 13:41]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024