Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? 09:37 - Nov 19 with 9722 viewsKeno

and if not who is?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:33 - Nov 19 with 1929 viewsKeno

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:31 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

I think it’s only at the upper levels of the Championship and in the Prem that players need to be pretty bulletproof all-rounders.

So if KVY is an attacking fullback and a bit of a wildcard/unpredictable then that’s probably OK at our level and immediate future. Pretty confident he’d win us more games than he loses and be a real asset in games where we struggle to really click in the attacking third (which is unfortunately more often than not still).

He’s our budget Dani Alves.

kind of a poor mans Jonas Knudsen?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:42 - Nov 19 with 1913 viewsDarth_Koont

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:33 - Nov 19 by Keno

kind of a poor mans Jonas Knudsen?

Jonas was the other way around - eager and willing in attack (still gets further forward and has more impact than Kenlock which I can’t understand given Kenlock was an attacking fullback when he started) but a bit limited. However pretty rock-solid in defence and you could leave him to cope with his opponent.

Jonas is a pound-shop Denis Irwin.

Pronouns: He/Him

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:49 - Nov 19 with 1903 viewsSwansea_Blue

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:50 - Nov 19 by Mullet

Keith Andrews
Jordan Rhodes
Steve Whitton

I’d say

Keith Andrews justified any hype in the short time he was here. No midfielder has got close to his 9 goals in half a season since.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:50 - Nov 19 with 1899 viewsGarv

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:20 - Nov 19 by Darth_Koont

Decent case there. He’s massively exciting and started on fire but it’s just 9 games and I remember we were on a good run too.

We should be very optimistic but he needs quite a few more games to show that he’s good under pressure and particularly in defense when we might be under the cosh or he’s isolated. And ultimately we want him to be up to the Championship too.

Think it stems from him being the best permanent right back since David Wright a decade ago.

But you're probably right, huge reputation based on 9 games.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 11:14 - Nov 19 with 1860 viewsBluefish

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:22 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Yep, was a little bit of a wind up in some respects - but do feel so much pressure being heaped on him, when realistically he is going to return and take a while to get going.

He hit the ground running last year, and was excellent, but ultimately had spent a long time in L2 without really much interest from up the leagues so think we may be in for a bit of a disappointment

Standard Joe trolling

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 11:25 - Nov 19 with 1862 viewsMullet

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:49 - Nov 19 by Swansea_Blue

Keith Andrews justified any hype in the short time he was here. No midfielder has got close to his 9 goals in half a season since.

No, he was terrible. Ignored instructions, played for himself, massively disrupted the team shape and ensured he went chasing goals which often didn't bring results. He's the anti-Skuse.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 11:36 - Nov 19 with 1847 viewshoppy

Jaime Peters?

There was some kind of petition to get him to sign beforehand, wasn't there?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:21 - Nov 19 with 1834 viewsFixed_It

Johnny Wark. I mean, apart from scoring shed loads of goals from midfield, breaking all sorts of domestic and European records, two successful spells in different positions for ITFC, playing for an all-conquering Liverpool, representing his country multiple times and starring in Escape to Victory - what did he achieve?!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 12:23]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:24 - Nov 19 with 1819 viewsKeno

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:21 - Nov 19 by Fixed_It

Johnny Wark. I mean, apart from scoring shed loads of goals from midfield, breaking all sorts of domestic and European records, two successful spells in different positions for ITFC, playing for an all-conquering Liverpool, representing his country multiple times and starring in Escape to Victory - what did he achieve?!

If TWTD had been around during the roman occupation of Judea. or is that the Occupation of Judea by the Romans?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:25 - Nov 19 with 1820 viewshoppy

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:21 - Nov 19 by Fixed_It

*3 spells at ITFC

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:26 - Nov 19 with 1813 viewshoppy

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:24 - Nov 19 by Keno

If TWTD had been around during the roman occupation of Judea. or is that the Occupation of Judea by the Romans?

That came to mind for me when reading the Bobby Robson statue at Newcastle thread earlier.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:30 - Nov 19 with 1810 viewsFixed_It

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:25 - Nov 19 by hoppy

*3 spells at ITFC

True. That first one was clearly so uninspiring that I forgot about it. Point proven!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 12:32]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:32 - Nov 19 with 1800 viewsKeno

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:26 - Nov 19 by hoppy

That came to mind for me when reading the Bobby Robson statue at Newcastle thread earlier.

I missed that thread, which may be just as well

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:33 - Nov 19 with 1792 viewsMullet

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:30 - Nov 19 by Fixed_It

True. That first one was clearly so uninspiring that I forgot about it. Point proven!
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 12:32]

Please stop. I shall put thee on ignore for mocking Warky. He beat the Nazis you know?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:34 - Nov 19 with 1790 viewsTieDyedIn95

Luke Chambers.

Nice guy, does his best but nowhere near the legend status he's given by some. There has not been a player in our history that's played so many games for Ipswich and won absolutely nothing while here. He's earned a good living doing it too and ended up on a banner.

He's here because we couldn't replace him with anything better due the Evans austerity, had we been more ambitious and signed better players he'd have been playing League One football years ago somewhere else. He sums up the club perfectly though. He's there, but what else? Bust up with Hurst who told him he wasn't that good? Relegation, failure to get out of the third division? What a CV.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:38 - Nov 19 with 1788 viewsMattinLondon

Pablo is definitely not the most overrated player in ITFC history. If anything some sections undervalue him. It’s unfortunate that the most overrated manager in recent history Joe Royal - was here at the time. A better manager would have got more out of him. And I’m going to say that MM would have managed to do this.

In terms of overhyped - David Norris. So much effort to get him here for average performances.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 12:43]
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:43 - Nov 19 with 1767 viewsKeno

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:38 - Nov 19 by MattinLondon

Pablo is definitely not the most overrated player in ITFC history. If anything some sections undervalue him. It’s unfortunate that the most overrated manager in recent history Joe Royal - was here at the time. A better manager would have got more out of him. And I’m going to say that MM would have managed to do this.

In terms of overhyped - David Norris. So much effort to get him here for average performances.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 12:43]

Norris is actually a good shout

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:45 - Nov 19 with 1765 viewsBramidan

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:43 - Nov 19 by Keno

Norris is actually a good shout

Danny Hegan
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:56 - Nov 19 with 1751 viewsPJH

The only person to have signed my 1978 F.A. Cup Final programme twice is the answer to your question.
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:59 - Nov 19 with 1740 viewsSwansea_Blue

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 11:25 - Nov 19 by Mullet

No, he was terrible. Ignored instructions, played for himself, massively disrupted the team shape and ensured he went chasing goals which often didn't bring results. He's the anti-Skuse.

Boo. Clegg out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 13:00 - Nov 19 with 1733 viewsMullet

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:34 - Nov 19 by TieDyedIn95

Luke Chambers.

Nice guy, does his best but nowhere near the legend status he's given by some. There has not been a player in our history that's played so many games for Ipswich and won absolutely nothing while here. He's earned a good living doing it too and ended up on a banner.

He's here because we couldn't replace him with anything better due the Evans austerity, had we been more ambitious and signed better players he'd have been playing League One football years ago somewhere else. He sums up the club perfectly though. He's there, but what else? Bust up with Hurst who told him he wasn't that good? Relegation, failure to get out of the third division? What a CV.

Absolute nonsense.

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 13:14 - Nov 19 with 1712 viewsMonkeyAlan

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 09:56 - Nov 19 by itfcjoe

Kane Vincent-Young

Yes, yes, yes. He is a player who gets better and better whilst injured. He has played, what 12 games in 2 years? He wasn't that great in at least half of them. Way over hyped to be honest.
Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 13:33 - Nov 19 with 1690 viewsGarv

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 12:34 - Nov 19 by TieDyedIn95

Luke Chambers.

Feel like you could have made a good argument, but the post was ruined by a lot of over the top negativity, in my opinion.

Bust up with Hurst and yet played every game?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 13:44 - Nov 19 with 1675 viewscatch74

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 10:50 - Nov 19 by Garv

Think it stems from him being the best permanent right back since David Wright a decade ago.

But you're probably right, huge reputation based on 9 games.

What happened to Elliott Hewitt, not saying he was the most overrated but I swear he was described as a young Gareth Bale. Sadly another one hampered by a big injury.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Inspired by Hype - Is Pablo is the most overrated player in ITFC History? on 13:59 - Nov 19 with 1661 viewsBlueBadger

In recent times, Alan Judge.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024