Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... 13:06 - Nov 24 with 2572 viewsitfcjoe

......so still can't get a look in for the first team

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:54 - Nov 24 with 698 viewsIllinoisblue

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:13 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

He was a used sub at home to Gillingham, coming on for the last 20 as we turned 0-0 into 1-0 - and hasn't been seen since

It's pathetic really - when we are likely missing Edwards and Bishop who have been the only two players to show ability to beat a man in the final third

To be fair he was pretty poor that game and continually gave the ball away. He just needs to change his first name to Alan and he’ll be a guaranteed pick

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:57 - Nov 24 with 691 viewsLankHenners

It is starting to feel like Lambert's trying to prove some sort of point now doesn't it?

As has been said a player with his attributes, in spite of the rawness, should be on the bench at least considering the players we have out. He didn't have the best of games when he came on in the last league match he played but if he's only being allowed the odd sub appearance here and there then he's always going to play in a state of desperation which isn't helpful for anyone.

Lambert seems to have different standards for different players - the underperforming senior pros get multiple cracks of the whip in the starting XI whilst the younger ones have to have an outstanding cameo appearance to stand half a chance of being on the bench at some point in the next few weeks. Obviously don't condone dropping someone after every iffy game but is there anyone who's watched Judge and Sears on the wing in the last few games and thought they should keep their place?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:57 - Nov 24 with 691 viewsITFC_96

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:54 - Nov 24 by Illinoisblue

To be fair he was pretty poor that game and continually gave the ball away. He just needs to change his first name to Alan and he’ll be a guaranteed pick

He actually tried doing something meaningful and we won the game after though.

You can't lose the ball if all you're doing is passing it about in defence and midfield.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:02 - Nov 24 with 676 viewsWallingford_Boy

So Nolan ok to start then I assume?

RIP Sir Bobby

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:28 - Nov 24 with 624 viewsTractorJack

Far too good for the 23s ffs.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:35 - Nov 24 with 609 viewstractorboy1978

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:35 - Nov 24 by homer_123

In addition, hasn't it been the case that (Edwards goals aside) the real bright spots and highlights have come from the likes of Bishop, Dozzell, Lankester McGavin et al.

Our seasoned pros (Judge, Sears, Huws, Nolan) have struggled to assert themselves in any meaningful way this season.

And last season. This is is nothing new.

Edit - just seen the same point has already been made!
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 14:37]
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:38 - Nov 24 with 601 viewsblueislander

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:09 - Nov 24 by hype313

Lads on KOA were saying months

KAO? Is that as reliable as Twitter and/or Facebook?
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:41 - Nov 24 with 594 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Quite damming really.

I don't think he rates him that highly yet by all accounts. Think he is trying to leave little option for Dobra not to take a loan move in January.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:43 - Nov 24 with 588 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:13 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Might indicate that Nolan or Bishop is fit enough to be in the squad, despite PL having said he didn't expect them to be on Saturday.

Do you have anything regarding a recall option for El Mizouni?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:54 - Nov 24 with 566 viewsIpswichKnight

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:43 - Nov 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Believe it’s a standard clause and we can recall him in January.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:01 - Nov 24 with 544 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 14:43 - Nov 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

You can't recall players but loans can be cut short in the January window.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:03 - Nov 24 with 537 viewsPhilTWTD

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:36 - Nov 24 by ITFC_96

The Crawley decision surely also came down to their manager. Doesn't exactly seem like the type you'd want to go on loan to (even compared to Lambert).

The positional aspect was the issue from what I was told. The manager does seem a little old school though from the comments I've heard him make.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:04 - Nov 24 with 535 viewsHerbivore

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:35 - Nov 24 by homer_123

In addition, hasn't it been the case that (Edwards goals aside) the real bright spots and highlights have come from the likes of Bishop, Dozzell, Lankester McGavin et al.

Our seasoned pros (Judge, Sears, Huws, Nolan) have struggled to assert themselves in any meaningful way this season.

Aside from Cafu Chambers, the more experienced pros have been pretty awful for most of the season. If the kids came in and performed like that they'd be dropped, it seems it's one rule for the old guard and another for the yoot dem.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:04 - Nov 24 with 535 viewsChrisd

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:38 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

Nolan started the season well but has faded - but yep it's been pretty much just Bishop and Edwards who have been the consistent sparks, but Dozzell has been the one making us tick and Lanbkester has been involved in a lot of key moments for someone who hasn't played much.

This league needs, pace, directness and confidence to try things - we have that in abundance with a solid core of experience around them - but we just keep persisting with experience

And the experienced players, Chambers and Ward aside, aren't doing enough to justify their inclusion either, they have been hugely underwhelming both in their displays and the way they encourage and motivate our younger players. But as you say Joe, they still get picked time and time again, just sends out the wrong message for me.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:10 - Nov 24 with 518 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:04 - Nov 24 by Herbivore

Aside from Cafu Chambers, the more experienced pros have been pretty awful for most of the season. If the kids came in and performed like that they'd be dropped, it seems it's one rule for the old guard and another for the yoot dem.

Chambers very good, think Ward likewise has been good.

You make a very good point though, had El Mizouni been putting in Judge's performances, he'd be back in the 23's, had Dobra been putting in Sears, he'd be back in the 23's.

The only difference is Judge and Sears won't get any better, El Miz, Dobra, Ndaba, McGavin, Lankester have so many more levels that they will get to.

I know which route I would rather be going down, and it's the academy grads.

For clarity can we recall..... on 15:10 - Nov 24 with 520 viewsBloots

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:01 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

You can't recall players but loans can be cut short in the January window.

....Mings, Cresswell, Webster, Waghorn, McGoldrick, Knudsen or Bart?

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:12 - Nov 24 with 509 viewspatrickswell

I've been on the positivity wagon for Lambert recently, but that's pretty much indefensible.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:15 - Nov 24 with 499 viewsBeckets

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:12 - Nov 24 by patrickswell

I've been on the positivity wagon for Lambert recently, but that's pretty much indefensible.

This thread sums up why Lambert has to go. We need a manager who is progressive in outlook.
Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:16 - Nov 24 with 488 viewsHerbivore

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:10 - Nov 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

Chambers very good, think Ward likewise has been good.

You make a very good point though, had El Mizouni been putting in Judge's performances, he'd be back in the 23's, had Dobra been putting in Sears, he'd be back in the 23's.

The only difference is Judge and Sears won't get any better, El Miz, Dobra, Ndaba, McGavin, Lankester have so many more levels that they will get to.

I know which route I would rather be going down, and it's the academy grads.

Fook me, we agree!

For clarity can we recall..... on 15:23 - Nov 24 with 470 viewsPhilTWTD

For clarity can we recall..... on 15:10 - Nov 24 by Bloots

....Mings, Cresswell, Webster, Waghorn, McGoldrick, Knudsen or Bart?

Sadly no, nor Muhren, Thijssen, Butcher, Wark and Mariner.
For clarity can we recall..... on 15:27 - Nov 24 with 461 viewsPJH

For clarity can we recall..... on 15:23 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Sadly no, nor Muhren, Thijssen, Butcher, Wark and Mariner.

So no point in Mick Mills taking his boots tonight then?
For clarity can we recall..... on 15:32 - Nov 24 with 453 viewsHerbivore

For clarity can we recall..... on 15:27 - Nov 24 by PJH

So no point in Mick Mills taking his boots tonight then?

Bring him in for Sears or Judge. Can't do any worse.

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:49 - Nov 24 with 428 viewspointofblue

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 13:13 - Nov 24 by PhilTWTD

Might indicate that Nolan or Bishop is fit enough to be in the squad, despite PL having said he didn't expect them to be on Saturday.

I’d heard Nolan might be ok but McGuinness could be a doubt. Don’t quote me on it though!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:53 - Nov 24 with 419 viewsHerbivore

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:49 - Nov 24 by pointofblue

I’d heard Nolan might be ok but McGuinness could be a doubt. Don’t quote me on it though!

I'd be swapping McGuiness for Woolf anyway I reckon.

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 16:24 - Nov 24 with 369 viewsitfcjoe

Dobra starting for the U23s today..... on 15:49 - Nov 24 by pointofblue

McGuiness was badly hobbling at the end of the game Saturday, not sue I've seen that mentioned anywher

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024