Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert anticipating his sacking? 11:02 - Nov 27 with 3430 viewsCokeIsKey

“They’ve had so many years of things going up and down. They’re not happy with ownership, managers... everything like that. But we’re here to do our best. Whether that ends tomorrow, whether it ends Monday or Tuesday, we’ll do our best. The guys have given me absolutely everything. They are better players now than what they were when we first came in, that’s for sure.”

“As I’ve said before, and I’ll say it again, if Marcus came to me today or tomorrow and said whatever... nae problem, I can’t do nothing about that, I can’t influence that. What we try to do is get the best out of the guys."

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:04 - Nov 27 with 2880 viewshomer_123

"I can’t influence that"

Oh yes you can Paul.....you absolutely can influence whether you stay in your job or not.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:05 - Nov 27 with 2854 viewshype313

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:04 - Nov 27 by homer_123

"I can’t influence that"

Oh yes you can Paul.....you absolutely can influence whether you stay in your job or not.

Absolutely, it's the one thing he can influence ffs, it's his job

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:07 - Nov 27 with 2815 viewsTractorWood

Just screams pay me out.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:08 - Nov 27 with 2800 viewsHerbivore

He's delusional.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:08 - Nov 27 with 2809 viewsChrisd

Comments with an air of inevitability. The Charlton game could be the final nail in the coffin for PL.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 12:29]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:09 - Nov 27 with 2798 viewshomer_123

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:08 - Nov 27 by Chrisd

Comments with an air of inevitability. The Charlton game could be the final nail in the coffin for PL.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 12:29]

We'll win...LMAO.

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:10 - Nov 27 with 2792 viewsMrTown

Deluded.

Better players now!! The majority look shot to bits.

He can smell a lovely little payout on the horizon.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:12 - Nov 27 with 2773 viewspointofblue

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:10 - Nov 27 by MrTown

Deluded.

Better players now!! The majority look shot to bits.

He can smell a lovely little payout on the horizon.

They should look better than when he first joined anyway - we’re playing at a lower level!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:15 - Nov 27 with 2741 viewsMrTown

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:12 - Nov 27 by pointofblue

They should look better than when he first joined anyway - we’re playing at a lower level!

One of, if not the, most undercoached team I've seen at Ipswich.

To think he has been here over 2 years now.

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:20 - Nov 27 with 2709 viewsChrisd

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:09 - Nov 27 by homer_123

We'll win...LMAO.

I hope you're right Homer and not for the benefit of PL's future more us getting 3 points, but I look at Charlton's starting XI and they do look very decent regardless of the result for them against Burton the other night. If you're Lee Bowyer you couldn't ask for a better to team to play to get back on the horse again than us with all our injuries, managerial unrest and the players seemingly low on confidence. Home win it is then

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:23 - Nov 27 with 2684 viewsgetawig

Who has he made a better player??
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:25 - Nov 27 with 2662 viewshomer_123

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:23 - Nov 27 by getawig

Who has he made a better player??

Jud....oh feck it

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:26 - Nov 27 with 2669 viewsfabian_illness

So many words used to describe a man doing his job.
He’s not a w****r or a t****r or any of the other expletives people use to make their point.
He’s clearly struggling, but I believe him when he says they are doing everything they can.
He’s no different to any of us doing our jobs and I still believe he deserves a little respect, as we all would expect at work.

Banners? No thanks, let’s try and show a bit more class.
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:30 - Nov 27 with 2642 viewsclive_baker

Without wanting to be rude, does anyone else think Lambert just isn't very bright? I mean he's not articulate, and coming out with things like this just leaves you scratching your head. How can a manager say for the best part of a year that they don't care if they're sacked, and expect the squad to be engaged. There's so much poor man management and I really don't think it's a cynical thing of him wanting the sack, I actually just don't think he's very bright.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:35 - Nov 27 with 2613 viewswkj

I genuinely think Lambert is shocked at how far the fans are from him right now, which is worrying as hell. Lambert has the keys to the kingdom and more control than most football managers do (to add Evans' faults), he can control so much, but apparently the way we play isn't one of them.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:43 - Nov 27 with 2583 viewsBluedandy

Getting Ipswich Town out of the third division is not a long-term project.

You either do it pronto or you get out pronto. No sign of the former so it's time for the latter.
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:50 - Nov 27 with 2549 viewsMrTown

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:43 - Nov 27 by Bluedandy

You either do it pronto or you get out pronto. No sign of the former so it's time for the latter.

Great post.

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 12:19 - Nov 27 with 2482 viewsgainsboroughblue

Lambert doesn't want to be here anymore but at the same time he doesn't want to walk away from the inexplicable contract Evans handed him.

His comments recently seem to be a self sabotaging act in order for him to get Evans to give him the chop while earning a pay out, but Evans desperately wants a magic pill to appear and Lambert to suddenly become competent and the players to respond to him to avoid doing that.

The result, we go absolutely nowhere or even further backwards, fans become even more angry/apathetic (delete as applicable), players become lazier/more discontent/deskilled/bolshy in the media (again delete as applicable) and no end to this sorry mess is in sight.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 12:42 - Nov 27 with 2421 viewsParsley

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:43 - Nov 27 by Bluedandy

and if it is a long-term project, Lambert isn't the person to lead it
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 12:43 - Nov 27 with 2419 viewswkj

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 12:42 - Nov 27 by Parsley

and if it is a long-term project, Lambert isn't the person to lead it

The project has been long for so long now, I am curious when we're actually going to start working on it. I do agree with you all the same though.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 13:07 - Nov 27 with 2358 viewsHerbivore

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:26 - Nov 27 by fabian_illness

He’s not a w****r or a t****r or any of the other expletives people use to make their point.
He’s clearly struggling, but I believe him when he says they are doing everything they can.
He’s no different to any of us doing our jobs and I still believe he deserves a little respect, as we all would expect at work.

The difference being that if any of us were this bad at our jobs we'd have been sacked by now with no massive pay off.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 13:09 - Nov 27 with 2352 viewsLankHenners

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:30 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

Without wanting to be rude, does anyone else think Lambert just isn't very bright? I mean he's not articulate, and coming out with things like this just leaves you scratching your head. How can a manager say for the best part of a year that they don't care if they're sacked, and expect the squad to be engaged. There's so much poor man management and I really don't think it's a cynical thing of him wanting the sack, I actually just don't think he's very bright.

He certainly doesn't come across as very bright in an emotional sense. All a bit 'grumpy teenager' whenever he's asked a difficult question (and they're not even 'difficult', just a fair question about results, performances etc.) and some of the stuff he says is just bizarre as you say.

All with a determination to adhere to an 'old school' type of management which doesn't wash with a younger generation.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 13:16 - Nov 27 with 2305 viewstractorboy1978

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:30 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

He just looks like the stereotypical person that is a decade off retirement, totally disinterested, disheartened and disillusioned with their job but is going through the motions and won't leave because they are being paid too well and know they won't get a better job elsewhere. He's not going to learn any new tricks now and will keep doing his job in the manner he sees fit until he is made redundant (or in his case, sacked).
[Post edited 27 Nov 2020 13:17]
Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 13:21 - Nov 27 with 2297 viewsDyland

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 11:26 - Nov 27 by fabian_illness

He absolutely deserves respect, as a human being. Abuse is unacceptable, imo. However, football and sport generally is a funny business. Ultimately there are many factors that lead to clubs failing but unfortunately you can't sack the owner or in most cases the players.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Lambert anticipating his sacking? on 13:54 - Nov 27 with 2185 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024