Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 12:15 - Dec 17 with 8900 viewstractordownsouth

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jacob-rees-mogg-says-unicef-23182270

Apparently Unicef are "playing politics" by intervening to try and help kids that have been left hungry by his party's policies. I really hope nobody is still taken in by his harmless posho demeanour. He's an awful, awful person who treats the rest of us with contempt.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:49 - Dec 18 with 1486 viewsSpruceMoose

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:46 - Dec 18 by J2BLUE

Ahh. Nastiness is fine as long as it's delivered with pomposity and in decent English.

You forgot the bit about being awarded bonus points if it's aimed at brown people, gay people, poor people or persecuted migrants such as the lucky Romanian in Poor Paz's life.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:50 - Dec 18 with 1484 viewsjaykay

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 11:48 - Dec 18 by footers

Because he's a down to earth sort of guy who I'd really like going for a pint with. He's not at all out of touch with the common man, like all the other elites I hate.

no no its boris some would love to have a pint with

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:50 - Dec 18 with 1483 viewsDarth_Koont

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 12:58 - Dec 18 by giant_stow

I don't get why this is even a debate, but here's a post from VT from that other thread the sums it up well (at the bottom)

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history by vapour_trail 18 Dec 2020 0:15
The sector isn’t in a good way. Trust is low with the public, not just you, as it is with institutions generally. My theory is that this broader collapse in trust is anchored in the MPs expenses scandal, but whatever it is, trust isn’t likely to return soon.

People give money in a less reliable manner. The number of people who donate a monthly payment to a charity has been dwindling for a while. They’re also more expensive to recruit and to subsequently retain, meaning lifetime value of a supporter is more important than ever. Some charities make the mistake you describe of hammering people too much with this in mind, at the expense of focussing on charitable purpose.

Lots of fundraising mechanisms are of course lost for the time being.

To the OP, the UNICEF move is undoubtedly politically motivated. I don’t understand how it can be seen in any other context. It is however, also motivated by their charitable purpose.

or even a rare hit of a post from Darth too:

UNICEF help to feed British children for the first time in their history by Darth_Koont 17 Dec 2020 20:11
I actually agree that Unicef may be playing politics. But as people have said already on this thread, they can because the UK certainly has a case to answer - and also there’s a much more important and ethical end to excuse the means.

I’m sure JRM wants to make this about politics instead of addressing the 4 million UK children in poverty. Soon to be over 5 million, in no small part because of his utterly delusional but nevertheless wonderfully self-serving Brexit.

[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 13:02]

“Rare hit” ... pah!

And entirely consistent with the principle that the only politics worth playing is politics that addresses real problems and real solutions.

Unicef’s politics makes a refreshing change to the debate.

Pronouns: He/Him

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:56 - Dec 18 with 1462 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:43 - Dec 18 by 26_Paz

He is a brexit hero. I like his eloquence and his constitutional knowledge.

So you don't care about all that other stuff? You just like that he has a plumby accent and was a cheerleader for something that he knows will be bad for the economy to the extent that he's moved business interests to Ireland? Brilliant stuff, Paz. No moral compass at all you.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:59 - Dec 18 with 1444 viewsRyorry

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:20 - Dec 17 by Tangledupin_Blue

Christians can do whatever they like 'knowing' that their god will forgive them. The rest of us have to rely on our consciences.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 14:26]

My belief that all Christians were somehow good people was demolished when I was age 18 & driving behind a "pillar of the community" Christian whose forte was spouting pious words & going to Church every Sunday. She clipped the wing of a parked car, causing some damage, looked round & then drove on without stopping.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 14:28]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:05 - Dec 18 with 1439 viewsfooters

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:56 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

So you don't care about all that other stuff? You just like that he has a plumby accent and was a cheerleader for something that he knows will be bad for the economy to the extent that he's moved business interests to Ireland? Brilliant stuff, Paz. No moral compass at all you.

And no hint of understanding that JRM and co have made millions out of Brexit by short selling the pound and will avoid having to abide by the new EU tax avoidance laws off the back of hoodwinking the gullible like Paz. Lol.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:06 - Dec 18 with 1436 viewsCoachRob

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:43 - Dec 18 by 26_Paz

He is a brexit hero. I like his eloquence and his constitutional knowledge.

JRM had dinner with Gregory Lauder-Frost, I wonder what they discussed?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Goals_Institute#Traditional_Britain_Grou
Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:24 - Dec 18 with 1420 viewsChurchman

UNICEF may or may not be playing politics. I haven’t read enough to know, but it wouldn’t surprise me. However, if JRM said it was Friday I’d check the calendar. He comes across as just the kind of creature politics doesn’t need. I watched him in a couple of Brexit Select Committees and it was clear he hadn’t even bothered to read the brief. He looked bored and more than once asked questions that had already been answered.

Maybe he’s an alien.
Login to get fewer ads

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:47 - Dec 18 with 1393 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:05 - Dec 18 by footers

And no hint of understanding that JRM and co have made millions out of Brexit by short selling the pound and will avoid having to abide by the new EU tax avoidance laws off the back of hoodwinking the gullible like Paz. Lol.

Nor that this alleged 'constitutional knowledge' didn't stop him being involved in illegally proroguing parliament so our voices couldn't be heard. Yes, what a hero.
Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:49 - Dec 18 with 1381 views26_Paz

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:47 - Dec 18 by BlueLikeJazz

Nor that this alleged 'constitutional knowledge' didn't stop him being involved in illegally proroguing parliament so our voices couldn't be heard. Yes, what a hero.

Parliament was denying the will of the people at the time in question, refusing to hear our voices.

The Paz Man

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:50 - Dec 18 with 1390 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 12:50 - Dec 18 by sotd78

No UK Govt has let its people starve. Even on the soup kitchen TV pictures in Burnley there weren't too many crawling in the gutter for food.

Yes there are issues; yes we have deprived areas of the UK that need help but it is not just a case of lobbing food at people. It's much, much, much more complicated than that.

Governments provide basic support to people - whether that is enough is an opinion we all have to decide on. Whether we want to lob in more to a basic wage, a living wage, payments to people for "doing nothing" etc is all political. Labour would do more and tax everyone and never get elected; The Tories do less and tax less and get elected.

Which way did the majority vote last time out?

Before anyone gets all out of the trees again - I voted Lib Dem - but then I am a Federalist Remainer.

"Which way did the majority vote last time out? "

The majority of people didn't vote for the Conservative party.
Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:57 - Dec 18 with 1384 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:49 - Dec 18 by 26_Paz

Parliament was denying the will of the people at the time in question, refusing to hear our voices.

Parliament and MPs represent ALL their constituents, not just ones with a certain view. Referenda (particularly ones that would have been voided on the grounds of fraud had they not been advisory only) are not part of our constitution.

Which bit of 'the prorogation was unlawful' do you not understand? Or do you think it's OK if people like JRM trample all over the law to get their own way as long as they say please and thankyou while they're doing it?
Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 15:01 - Dec 18 with 1370 views26_Paz

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:57 - Dec 18 by BlueLikeJazz

Parliament and MPs represent ALL their constituents, not just ones with a certain view. Referenda (particularly ones that would have been voided on the grounds of fraud had they not been advisory only) are not part of our constitution.

Which bit of 'the prorogation was unlawful' do you not understand? Or do you think it's OK if people like JRM trample all over the law to get their own way as long as they say please and thankyou while they're doing it?

I think parliament’s actions at the time were unethical and warranted JRM’s actions. Thankfully that parliament was replaced very shortly after.

The Paz Man

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 15:05 - Dec 18 with 1373 viewsSpruceMoose

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 15:01 - Dec 18 by 26_Paz

I think parliament’s actions at the time were unethical and warranted JRM’s actions. Thankfully that parliament was replaced very shortly after.

You talking about unethical behaviour is hysterical.

Does it ever get tiring covering up the depths of your unpleasantness with the veneer of politeness?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 15:07 - Dec 18 with 1372 viewsBlueLikeJazz

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 15:01 - Dec 18 by 26_Paz

Sheesh....I think you have proven time and time again you have literally no concept of what the word 'ethical' actually means (and not much of an idea of how parliament or the constitution is supposed to work either, if it comes to that)
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 15:08]
Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 15:38 - Dec 18 with 1347 viewsgiant_stow

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 13:50 - Dec 18 by Darth_Koont

“Rare hit” ... pah!

And entirely consistent with the principle that the only politics worth playing is politics that addresses real problems and real solutions.

Unicef’s politics makes a refreshing change to the debate.

teehee! Fair's fair though - you're right.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 23:24 - Dec 18 with 1240 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:49 - Dec 18 by 26_Paz

Just shut up you moron.

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 23:46 - Dec 18 with 1219 viewsjeera

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 14:24 - Dec 18 by Churchman

UNICEF may or may not be playing politics. I haven’t read enough to know, but it wouldn’t surprise me. However, if JRM said it was Friday I’d check the calendar. He comes across as just the kind of creature politics doesn’t need. I watched him in a couple of Brexit Select Committees and it was clear he hadn’t even bothered to read the brief. He looked bored and more than once asked questions that had already been answered.

Maybe he’s an alien.

If UNICEF action is highlighting Government failure where people are in need then it's a worthwhile action to take.

As for JRM, " Leader of the House, who is reportedly in line to receive an £800,000 dividend payout this year."

He could afford to chuck in the odd 25 grand here and there himself to help out a bit.

Not to be forgotten either, the hypocrisy of moving some of one's business interests into the EU to insure against any nasty shocks of Brexit.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 00:33 - Dec 19 with 1186 viewsSpruceMoose

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/picture/2020/dec/18/martin-rowson-on-j

Nailed it.

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 04:53 - Dec 19 with 1146 viewsSpruceMoose

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 23:24 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Just shut up you moron.

Christmas in the Paz household is spent hoping for Tiny Tim's demise so as to not over burden the state, while simultaneously being outraged that Scrooge's heating bill is through the roof.

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 08:19 - Dec 19 with 1106 views26_Paz

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 23:24 - Dec 18 by Herbivore

Just shut up you moron.

I see we have resorted to abuse once again

The Paz Man

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 08:25 - Dec 19 with 1108 viewstractordownsouth

That’s because ERG ideologues like your hero Jacob kept moving the goal posts and voting against May’s Brexit deal.

Also, I’d brush up on your own constitutional knowledge if I were you.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 08:34 - Dec 19 with 1103 viewsHerbivore

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 08:19 - Dec 19 by 26_Paz

Calling you a moron isn't abuse, you are quite clearly a moron. Not only are you a moron, you're a moron who openly supports homophobes and liars. You're the worst kind of moron.

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 09:38 - Dec 19 with 1067 viewseireblue

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 08:19 - Dec 19 by 26_Paz

Tut tut Paz Man. You simply don’t see the context.

That wasn’t abuse.

Having observed a certain level of intelligence for you during this debate Herbie was concerned that you would continue and confirm a lack of IQ and EQ.

You see, it wasn’t abuse, it was friendly guidance.

You really do struggle with comprehension and context. I would suggest some adult education courses but you will probably take that the wrong way.
Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 10:26 - Dec 19 with 1039 viewsjimmyvet

Jacob Rees Mogg is a nasty piece of work part 312813 on 09:38 - Dec 19 by eireblue

Tut tut Paz Man. You simply don’t see the context.

That wasn’t abuse.

Having observed a certain level of intelligence for you during this debate Herbie was concerned that you would continue and confirm a lack of IQ and EQ.

You see, it wasn’t abuse, it was friendly guidance.

You really do struggle with comprehension and context. I would suggest some adult education courses but you will probably take that the wrong way.

The lack of tolerance and the hypocrisy shown on here by a handful is unbelievable.... Bullying, abusing, nastiness, name calling. Some of you really need to look in the mirror with your disgusting behaviour on a football forum. It’s really shameful and you know who you are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024